• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Outlast PS4 |OT|

ramuh

Hmmm. I downloaded it. Now it says cannot start application. Can only be started by a user who has a license for it.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Was able to get it via PS4. Just keep hammering the store. I never checked out, but it's letting me download it.

andycapps

There's a "mitten_magic" user on Twitch streaming right now with no commentary. And no, it's not me. Looks like they're only a few minutes in.

Chun-Li

Anyone else getting a license issue when trying to start the game? I'm trying to boot it through remote play. Says it can only be started by a user who has a license... :/

Just noticed other people have the same issue. Eeeek!

Update: Rebooting PS4 worked.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
nooo lock icon
1617694_573809146027632_143855869_o.jpg

edit: License Restore under PSN settings fixed it.

ramuh

Playing now. So does anyone else push the brightness a little higher in these scary type of games? Lol. I remember doing it for the Call of Cthulhu game on Xbox.

Edit: I had the lock icon and just restarted the PS4 and it let me start it.

mattp

hrm
has anyone tried using the webstore?
every time i log in i get an error:

Sign In Failed. If the problem persists, please contact Customer Support.

Anyone else getting a license issue when trying to start the game? I'm trying to boot it through remote play. Says it can only be started by a user who has a license... :/

Just noticed other people have the same issue. Eeeek!

Update: Rebooting PS4 worked.

that dont work, try restoring licenses in settings menu

Telaso

Banned
Does anyone know what the official sound quality of this game is? I saw talk of using the Pulse headphones, but I'd love to try this at night on my DTS HD setup. I doubt its in DTS HD, but even straight DTS would be awesome.

I got spoiled on playing with HQ sound from Last of Us to the point where I get sad when playing in stereo.

Life is so hard :)

FHIZ

So it seems like PSN is just straight up down for me. Tried to go download it, couldn't get in shop or library, figured i'd play some BF4, and that's a no go either.

Sony really needs to get their shit together for stuff like this.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Regardless of if it is multi or single player, it still has surround sound that the Pulse headsets will utilize with their surround modes, whereas any random pair of headphones would only be outputting a stereo signal.

But aren't the pulse headsets only stereo, so the playstation is handling the encoding? Or does the little USB dongle do that?

You'd think PS4/Xbox one could do Dolby headphone encoding to give surround support on any headphones.

mattp

that dont work, try restoring licenses in settings menu

happened to me with dont starve, fixed it by doing the restore licenses thing

so...has this bug been address or acknowledged by sony? seems like it happens to everyone with the free plus games

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
So it seems like PSN is just straight up down for me. Tried to go download it, couldn't get in shop or library, figured i'd play some BF4, and that's a no go either.

Sony really needs to get their shit together for stuff like this.

Think the main problem is the system update today.

Honest question. Are people really that big of wimps that they won't pay this game? I don't think I've ever not played a game or watched a movie because I was afraid of it lol

ClearData

I just ordered my Pulse Elites, Sony updated the Firmware to support them on the PS4, and now they are releasing Outlast on PS+.

Coincidental? I think not.

Sony wants me to die of fright confirmed.

Top Bottom