• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Outlast PS4 |OT|

pelican

I honestly don't think I will be able to play this. I'll give it a shot, but I don't expect to get particularly far in. Saying that I did finish Amnesia.

EL CUCO

Purchased and downloading via the PS store mobile site :D

It took a few tries. Kept logging me off.
Must be some serious traffic for teh scares.

I downloaded and installed this on the PS4. I didn't get a chance to play it for more than maybe 15 minutes since I was on my lunch break. However, what I played lines up nicely with what Red Barrel has said about the PS4 release - its identical to its PC counterpart.

Texture resolution doesn't appear to have taken any hit from what I can tell (though I'm going from memory). It's an Unreal 3 game if I remember correctly so I don't see why the PS4 would struggle with it. It runs at what appears to be an unwavering 60fps. All of the camera effects are in place including the subtle depth of field when the IR is enabled. Little to no sacrifices appear to have been made in the port. Good stuff! I look forward to playing through this again.

jaypah

Can't wait to get home and play this! The wife said she's going to leave me alone to play it. Like hell she will!

kinggroin

Banned
I downloaded and installed this on the PS4. I didn't get a chance to play it for more than maybe 15 minutes since I was on my lunch break. However, what I played lines up nicely with what Red Barrel has said about the PS4 release - its identical to its PC counterpart.

Texture resolution doesn't appear to have taken any hit from what I can tell (though I'm going from memory). It's an Unreal 3 game if I remember correctly so I don't see why the PS4 would struggle with it. It runs at what appears to be an unwavering 60fps. All of the camera effects are in place including the subtle depth of field when the IR is enabled. Little to no sacrifices appear to have been made in the port. Good stuff! I look forward to playing through this again.

UE4

Wrong.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-11-05-first-person-horror-outlast-detailed-at-last

Outlast is gunning for a Q3 2013 release and is currently focusing on a PC launch, but Morin noted he'd like the Unreal Engine 3-based game to "come out on as many platforms as we can."

Wiki also lists it as a UE3 game.

Daylight is the first horror game to use UE4 which is what you might be thinking of.

EDIT: Beaten like the Broncos offense.

Nvzman

Tried it for 15 minutes...
is the rest of this game going to be barrages of jump-scares? The first one didn't even spook me, and also jump scares are really, really lame

Lunzio

is the rest of this game going to be barrages of jump-scares? The first one didn't even spook me, and also jump scares are really, really lame

It basically plays like a Haunted House.

Honestly not finding it that scary but games have never made me scared

S¡mon

Banned
Did you play in the dark? Alone? With a headset for audio?

Oppo

This game should have had co-op. Would've been fun to do this online over headsets.

Reading about the jump-scares is a bit disappointing, as once you know that (or at least for me), you can sort of internally brace for it, and it barely ever works.

Nags

Banned
Okay, I cannot play more than an hour of this a day. I actually screamed a few times.
Managed to get the lights back on and hit the security room again before I decided to call it.

Dante316

Omfg..too scary..especially with headphones on...sounds of every lil detail....., got goosebumps. What a incredible game. Idk if I can play it fully.

Recorded a high quality 1080p/60fps video if anyone is interested how it looks on ps4.
Download here
Also some pics:
iE99ba02NXPpn.jpg

i92ayMPhiXUra.jpg

iAsPOaAR1s4Ip.jpg

ibrXsTZUchczL9.jpg

iOGZecZA7Yi11.jpg

Would love to play this but it's giving me a license error and there's a lock icon on the bar. I'm redownloading it but that lock icon is still there; is that always there?

Linconan

S¡mon;99622952 said:
Did you play in the dark? Alone? With a headset for audio?

Probably not, LOL
Light on, with friends, sound low

and/or, been watching Youtube vids and being spoiling scenes. lol

Haha, sorry to the dude the comment is directed at.
The comment just stuck out to me cause it reminds me of a mate who talks up shit and downplays stuff. As well as, trying to be distracting (talking, smoke breaks, etc) during movies, just so, he's, not immersed into the movie to scare the shit out of him. LOL

Anyway,
Hopefully it'll be released on AU store as there's been conflict in info. So i'm holding me breath on this one, cause me wants it bad.

Majanew

Banned
Go to settings, psn then click restore license. Should fix it.

Damn, wish I would have known that.

I finally was able to get in to the store to download, but it gave me the locked icon saying I couldn't play, so I deleted it to try again ... but now I can't get back in the store because it's undergoing maintenance. HOLY FUCK. PSN is fucking garbage.

So I played it for a short time. I got pushed over a ledge and explored for a maybe 2 minutes more and called it quits. I have accepted that I'm a coward. Every jump scare had me closing my eyes quickly and making unmanly noises. This game is something else.

Order

So I downloaded the game but it says I need a license to acces the game? All my other Plus games work on PS4

When this game was on PC it was only enjoyed by hardcore gamers (for the vast most part)

Now the common folk when get to experience a real scary game

Azriell

Played it for about 20 minutes. I don't have the nerves for this kind of game anymore. When I was a kid I loved this kind of stuff, but just being that tense for prolonged periods of times makes me feel, like, icky. I think it's pretty cool Sony is putting something as niche as an M rated horror game up for PS+, but I wish they put a second PS4 game out for this month for pussies like me. No complaints though, US PS+ is strong this month.

hew9753

Go to settings, psn then click restore license. Should fix it.

I get an error when I try to restore my license. I know it'll get sorted out before too long but damn I want to play this now! Seems like everyone and their brother is streaming their gameplay right now.

Top Bottom