• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Outrun 2 XBOX Japanese version to get more tracks and cars

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
From the Magic Box:

"Sega announced that the Japanese Xbox version of OutRun 2 will feature additional race courses and vehicles not found in the US version, as a result the Japanese version has been pushed back to a January 27, 2005 release."

I wonder if these are the Outrun 2 SP courses and cars?

It's not fair. :( I wonder if this game will be W-Code though? I'm going to have to import it regardless now.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Looks like my japanese Xbox will get one unexpected game. The poor thing did not get much to do since I bought it...

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
omgwtf

if it's the sp content, i guess i'll have to import. i hope it's region free.

xexex

Banned
I for one, would gladly purchase an expansion disc for OutRun2 for $19.99, $29.99 or even 39.99 if it included all the SP / Special Tours content.

Sega is bothering, cause they love all 5 of us :lol

BeOnEdge

Banned
i'd easily buy a jp xbox and the game if its not coming here and it includes sp. $200 for more arcade perfect outrun is hardly a bad deal.

Lyte Edge

Region-free or not, I'm getting it. This is why I love having a modded Xbox. :) This will be the third Xbox import game I buy (DOA3 and SF Anniversary Collection were the other two)

I still wish Sega would release this as downloadable content, but we know that's not going to happen. :\

Lyte Edge

More confirmation from an article cited by someone at Gamefaqs:

"An inside source to Sega, Japan has reveiled to us that their upcoming racer, titled Outrun 2, will include over a dozen tracks and two additional cars exclusively from the yet to be released arcade racer Outrun 2 SP: Special Tours edition. In all, there will be 14 selectable cars and 32 tracks to race them on when you count in two circuits from previous Sega classics. There is also mention about adding in a few extra missions to the grueling challenge mode and tweaking some of the car physics to make the game feel more "arcade like". The decision to include this content was made partially due to the lack of support the game is receiving in both North America and in Europe. "After long talks with Sumo Digital, we felt it was necessary to add a little more into the historic Outrun franchise to appeal to a wider range of the gaming audience. Outrun 2 offers unparalleled arcade racing action, beautiful graphics, and a style that will keep bringing you back for more." When asked if this new content would be available for gamers in other regions who already purchased Outrun 2, he refused to elaborate, but did mention that it was "not likely at this time." Outrun 2 is scheduled for release in Japan in early 2005."

CVXFREAK said:
Actually, the chances are pretty good.

Outrun 2 bombed over here IIRC, plus the game doesn't have a downloadable content option.

Deku Tree

Well they're right. I didn't buy it for $40 because I felt like it was a little light on the content side and not worth a full price purchase. I'm definately picking it up later.

Lyte Edge

I'm going to keep the original right up until the import is released; the game's too good to be without. :)

Deku Tree said:
Well they're right. I didn't buy it for $40 because I felt like it was a little light on the content side and not worth a full price purchase. I'm definately picking it up later.

Er...the game is far from being light on content, but at this point there's no reason to get the U.S. version if you have a way to play the Japanese version when it's released.

I really hope that Sega and Sumo Digital make this game region free, but I doubt it since Europe and U.S. have different versions of the game now.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Lyte Edge said:
More confirmation from an article cited by someone at Gamefaqs:

"An inside source to Sega, Japan has reveiled to us that their upcoming racer, titled Outrun 2, will include over a dozen tracks and two additional cars exclusively from the yet to be released arcade racer Outrun 2 SP: Special Tours edition. In all, there will be 14 selectable cars and 32 tracks to race them on when you count in two circuits from previous Sega classics. There is also mention about adding in a few extra missions to the grueling challenge mode and tweaking some of the car physics to make the game feel more "arcade like". The decision to include this content was made partially due to the lack of support the game is receiving in both North America and in Europe. "After long talks with Sumo Digital, we felt it was necessary to add a little more into the historic Outrun franchise to appeal to a wider range of the gaming audience. Outrun 2 offers unparalleled arcade racing action, beautiful graphics, and a style that will keep bringing you back for more." When asked if this new content would be available for gamers in other regions who already purchased Outrun 2, he refused to elaborate, but did mention that it was "not likely at this time." Outrun 2 is scheduled for release in Japan in early 2005."
If true, this is sooo mine :)

maskrider

Good news to me, I am glad that I hadn't bought the US (nor PAL) version as I am still waiting for the Japanese version and they delayed and add more content.

Looks like I don't have to buy too many games per month for Nov, Dec and Jan.

Top Bottom