• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

OUYA - A new $99 console powered by Android [Kickstarter ended, $8.5 million funded]

alanias

Yeah, I'm out. The more I read and hear about this, the less I want it, and I don't even have the HDMI ports for the thing.

1) Satellite
2) PS3
3) Saturn

And let me tell you, my Saturn will win in an HDMI fight with the Ouya.

Sidebar, PM me about hooking up a Saturn via HDMI.

On Topic: I canceled my backing. Sinking that 130 into a decent laptop for the wife, which will surely see more use with all the PC co-op gaming we will do. Most of the games they boast about "getting" are already awesome on PC and I have an HDMI connection to my TV so....

This is android machine. You don't need developer kit to make an android app.

Therefore I don't see the point why people buy so called 'developer' kit for this thing.
Every system comes with the SDK. But the developer promotions on Kickstarter get you an Ouya 3 months early, along with special developer support, you'll get the SDK even sooner, and your first game will get special promotion for a year (probably a special section in the store if I had to guess). And all your games ever made will have a special emblem in the store. They are also talking about getting just the bare boards to developers early so they can start on real hardware even earlier.

So instead of selling it to android market with potential of millions of customers, selling the app specially designed for perhaps less than 50k customers?

I really don't see the point.
So you think nobody will ever buy this system again once it ships? That the only systems ever sold will be through Kickstarter? Might as well say, nobody should ever develop for the Wii-U, PS4, or XBox 720, because all of those have an audience of zero compared to the millions all the current-gen systems have.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Why are people cancelling? What news has shown in the past few days that have made this unreliable?
What benefit do I get from backing the Kickstarter as opposed to just waiting for the March release date?

What benefit do I get from backing the Kickstarter as opposed to just waiting for the March release date?

According to the site, if you buy just the $99 one, you get to reserve your Ouya gamertag, your gamertag will get a "founder emblem", and you get a guarantee of getting one of the first units (Kickstarter folks will get theirs before it reaches stores). The next level up ($225) gets the same thing plus your gamertag engraved on a couple controllers.

For some reason all I can think of when I think of this is the Phantom

Actually I wonder if the phandom people are in a room somewhere thinking about a Kickstarter.

They still sell lap boards dont they?

Pachimari

And I just officially cancelled my pledge. The only use I would have of it would be to play Android games like Canabalt on my TV. I already have a Wii, PS3, 360, Apple TV, Windows PC and a Mac Mini connected to the TV, so there's really not much need. I'll just play my mobile games on my iOS devices and Galaxy Nexus.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
According to the site, if you buy just the $99 one, you get to reserve your Ouya gamertag, your gamertag will get a "founder emblem", and you get a guarantee of getting one of the first units (Kickstarter folks will get theirs before it reaches stores). The next level up ($225) gets the same thing plus your gamertag engraved on a couple controllers.
Yeah, meaningless. That's why I cancelled.

dLMN8R

I was originally really hyped about this, because from the outset I never actually cared about the gaming ecosystem for this device. I simply cared about it because it was promising to be, by far, the cheapest and most powerful Android device I could easily hook up to my PC, and it came with a controller, and it was gaming-ready.

The thing is, my doubts now aren't around what I never cared about in the first place (developer support), my doubts are about their ability to ship the thing anywhere close to March 2013 in the first place.

I'd be giving them an interest-free $100 loan for at least 7 months. They've given me no confidence that they'd actually even be able to ship this thing in 7 months. They've completely misled everyone with their statements around Minecraft and other potential games.

I just don't trust them. I don't think they're outright scamming people, but I think they're severely underestimating the work they have left and overestimating how easily they'll be able to mass-produce these things, or even a relatively small run just for backers.

Look at it this way - today there are already Google TV devices for around $100 that come close to the power that OUYA promises. By March 2013, chances are there will be multiple such devices already in market by established manufacturers. I can simply plunk down my $100 then instead of having my money tied up in this questionable promise.

Jasoneyu

I was originally really hyped about this, because from the outset I never actually cared about the gaming ecosystem for this device. I simply cared about it because it was promising to be, by far, the cheapest and most powerful Android device I could easily hook up to my PC, and it came with a controller, and it was gaming-ready.

The thing is, my doubts now aren't around what I never cared about in the first place (developer support), my doubts are about their ability to ship the thing anywhere close to March 2013 in the first place.

I'd be giving them an interest-free $100 loan for at least 7 months. They've given me no confidence that they'd actually even be able to ship this thing in 7 months. They've completely misled everyone with their statements around Minecraft and other potential games.

I just don't trust them. I don't think they're outright scamming people, but I think they're severely underestimating the work they have left and overestimating how easily they'll be able to mass-produce these things, or even a relatively small run just for backers.

Look at it this way - today there are already Google TV devices for around $100 that come close to the power that OUYA promises. By March 2013, chances are there will be multiple such devices already in market by established manufacturers. I can simply plunk down my $100 then instead of having my money tied up in this questionable promise.

Kinda feel the same way as well. I all at least give them the end of the month to see what they can show off so that people are confident they can deliver on their goals of just releasing the device.

I think the tipping point for me was the Uhram interview on destructoid which basically led to nowhere and didn't answer anything. You are releasing a major console within the year I NEED MORE INFORMATION!!

my doubts are about their ability to ship the thing anywhere close to March 2013 in the first place.

You think the many people working for and advising them who've worked on and shipped various pieces of hardware before, and who have money, reputation, and livelihoods riding on this, would be severely underestimating that stuff?

dLMN8R

You think the many people working for and advising them who've worked on and shipped various pieces of hardware before, and who have money, reputation, and livelihoods riding on this, would be severely underestimating that stuff?

The way they're dodging questions in interviews and presenting misleading information on their Kickstarter, yes?

BlazinAm

If enough people pull their backing i wonder what OUYA's response will be? That video they posted is full of obscured shots. Also their CEO has been at the company since January... how are along are they?

The way they're dodging questions in interviews and presenting misleading information on their Kickstarter, yes?

Didn't know about that. What is the misleading information on their page?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
If enough people pull their backing i wonder what OUYA's response will be? That video they posted is full of obscured shots. Also their CEO has been at the company since January... how are along are they?

Didn't know about that. What is the misleading information on their page?

"We all grew up playing games on an HDTV with surround sound!"

"All games free to play"

"Favorite games debut on the TV"

"OUYA could change AAA development"

"And developers agree"

"We all grew up playing games on an HDTV with surround sound!"

"All games free to play"

"Favorite games debut on the TV"

"And developers agree"
How are those misleading? Are you ignoring the rest of the site and just reading headlines? For example, "All games free to play", followed DIRECTLY by an explanation that all games will need to at least have a demo, and then even a FAQ that states it again but in more detail (For gamers, every game will be free to play: what this means is that there will at least be a free demo, or you’ll be able to play the entirety of the game for free but may have access to additional items, upgrades, or other features that come at a cost). As for "And developers agree", are you saying that those developers did NOT say those things? And how is it misleading to say that Ouya could change AAA development?

I can't find any place on the website that says either "We all grew up playing games on an HDTV with surround sound!" or "Favorite games debut on the TV",

element

I don't think anyone livelihood is riding on this. If this fails Julie will just land a new VP level job at another company. Yves Behar will just take on another client. And this really won't hurt Ed Fries, Peter Pham, Amol Sarva anymore than any other failed venture they involve themselves with.

It is kinda shocking that when you get to the level of someone like Julie and can secure money from VCs pretty openly, even if you have failed previously.

This isn't a project where if it fails they are going to go on welfare or bankrupt themselves/families.

Compare this to something like Ryan Payton's project who really is putting every dime he had into his game. I can imagine the personal debt the guy had, but he really doesn't have the luxury to have his game fail and walk into another company and land a VP level job. Now that is someone who is putting their livelihood at risk.

wildfire

Banned

You're wrong on the bolded part. Making those units is the easiest thing and makes a pledge a low risk. The high risk comes from their ability to get funding needed to

1. Make first party games
2. Make units for people who didn't pledge.
3. Have a store that doesn't suck at facilitating transactions, discovery of new apps and games.
4. Market their product to the masses in the same way the the big 3 do.

@Zefah the first words out of that video say free to try. That obviously meant demos. Too many of you guys need hearing aids.

I don't know why people are cancelling their backing now, you still have 23 days left if you want to change your mind. Cancelling now just make you look like a bunch of sheep.

- "OMG a bunch of people on GAF are backing this, I should too!"

- "OMG a bunch of people on GAF are cancelling their backing, I should too!"

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
@Zefah the first words out of that video say free to try. That obviously meant demos. Too many of you guys need hearing aids.

1d701166d53cb122109cfeaef93fc3d2_large.png

Is anyone skeptical of what's shown in this video?

First of all, we can see Minecraft, which, if I recall correctly, still hasn't been confirmed to appear on Ouya.

Second, the man really doesn't seem to be controlling the interface. Perhaps I need my eyes checked, but he seriously appears to be following the motions of the menu. Quite unsuccessfully, if I may add.

saunderez

Is anyone skeptical of what's shown in this video?

First of all, we can see Minecraft, which, if I recall correctly, still hasn't been confirmed to appear on Ouya.

Second, the man really doesn't seem to be controlling the interface. Perhaps I need my eyes checked, but he seriously appears to be following the motions of the menu. Quite unsuccessfully, if I may add.

FFS its a demonstration of the interface. When you're developing something like that you use placeholder objects to see what everything looks like when its populated. They never said these games will be available but its clearly the types of games they want to attract to the service. I'm so tired of the naysaying, if you don't believe an open console platform is an achievable goal don't Kickstart it. I'm not content with the status quo and I welcome ANYTHING that showcases indie devs. Everyone who backed the project read the Kickstarter, they haven't been mislead by anything. It's all there in black and white if you can be bothered to read and has been from Day 1.

FFS its a demonstration of the interface. When you're developing something like that you use placeholder objects to see what everything looks like when its populated. They never said these games will be available but its clearly the types of games they want to attract to the service. I'm so tired of the naysaying, if you don't believe an open console platform is an achievable goal don't Kickstart it. I'm not content with the status quo and I welcome ANYTHING that showcases indie devs. Everyone who backed the project read the Kickstarter, they haven't been mislead by anything. It's all there in black and white if you can be bothered to read and has been from Day 1.

Oh, I see. It's my fault for bringing up Minecraft. I apologize for that.

However, I still stand by my second point. I think the idea is interesting. I don't plan to pledge any money, but that doesn't mean I can't talk about it.

saunderez

However, I still stand by my second point. I think the idea is interesting. I don't plan to pledge any money, but that doesn't mean I can't talk about it.

No that's fine, it's the people actively trying to discourage people from it that I have an issue with. As the whole UI stuff, that's how it gets done. I've programmed several web storefronts back in the day before nice and easy CMSs existed and I always populated my interface with real products when I'm finalising the look and feel. I wouldn't be surprised if the guy in the video wasn't driving it with the controller either, who knows how far the launcher is in development.

Your...right...actually - thats worrying...

I honestly don't think this is legit. Its so well marketed to 'raise money from kickstarter'; everything panders. The staff will likely be well paid and the managers - without putting in much (if any) of their own money.

Meanwhile if they decide its not profitable - they don't 'need' to continue, right?

Their either incredibly stupid or fraudsters, I can't decide which. All I know is that their 'pitch' fits all the con angles, it sells something that can't exist but gives enough that it 'could' - it seems like something for nothing, except its not - you have to give something.

What annoys me is that whatever the answer, they seem to have gotten most of the idea from the Raspberry Pi idea (which btw is a charity, this is a business who'll share NO profits with their original investors (stupid investors who don't know how money works ofc)).

This isn't to say 'nothing will come out' - something could, just not what was 'pitched' (but secretly was, they've basically lied to raise money but haven't 'lied' so much as used numerous things to 'mislead') - whilst the main 'costs' of the final product are the managers wages. Unlike other android devices - it doesn't need a screen or touch pad. Android is open...its also free for them to use...cutting costs further...

In the end this might just be me being cynical and their just a naive group of people who need more experience in the field; just as naive as those giving them money.

Ouya doesn't even have a website...just their kickstarter page...

Statements like this:
Do you realize what you've done? You proved consoles aren't dead. You shocked the world. And us!

Is it pandering? Just to gain funds? Is this what they really believe? Seriously? Is it part of the con?

Yves Behar seems like a decent person. But how involved is he? When did development start?

We shall see. I hope their just naive; theres still a hope something good might come of that.

No that's fine, it's the people actively trying to discourage people from it that I have an issue with. As the whole UI stuff, that's how it gets done. I've programmed several web storefronts back in the day before nice and easy CMSs existed and I always populated my interface with real products when I'm finalising the look and feel. I wouldn't be surprised if the guy in the video wasn't driving it with the controller either, who knows how far the launcher is in development.

I understand now. I'm not looking to discourage anyone, but I do feel skeptical about it. I'm not going to definitively say that it's a con or anything of the sort, but I think more people will support Ouya once the developers show something more substantial. The idea is, again, rather intriguing.

I'm not against discouraging people at this point. It's not like they're going to come up short on funding here.

Don't buy it unless you think it'll have real value and is worth a bit of risk. It might be a scam!
I doubt it, but whatever.
If it is, you won't get your money back! Run for the hills!

wildfire

Banned

And what was the first words that are said before that text comes up? Free to TRY.

When did development start?

According to Yves before he joined the project about 3 months ago they've been working on it for 6 months. I doubt that includes pre-production but it is something to be concerned about because the production cycle for endeavour like this has to be years in the making. This is partially why I'm saying there is a high risk if you haven't pledged because you wanted to wait and see if they'll ship boxes. Shipping boxes is the easiest and least important task that doesn't prove they've done anything substantial. It just costs a lot of money they don't have and they still need that money (if the do get it) for equally important things like software development.

At best, this system is going to be a great
emulation
machine with maybe a couple developers porting some touch-based games from the Android for use with a gamepad, and it'll be $99 plus tax when it hits.

At worst, this system is the Phantom 2.0 and is asking for $99 'donations' as the system turns into utter vaporware.

I just don't see how investing in this now, way beyond the funding price, is a good idea for the contributor at all. It's taking on a significant risk for little reward (paying no tax and getting the system a little earlier than other people, if it arrives at all).

Yeah. After asking the question and reading some comments, I cancelled my backing as well. I already own way too many consoles and games. My brand new Vita barely gets my love, this will be a doorstop at best by the time it releases.

This isn't true
If you look at the games that people voted for, you see that they're expecting AAA games - shit like Bioshock and Assassins Creed

They HAVE misled people. They actively ARE misleading people. If you can't see that - that's ok - maybe you're not the type of person that can be misled. But don't speak for everyone. The people who were initially excited about this and then pulled out are enough to prove that you are wrong and I would even bet that the majority of the investors are being naive about this.

Invest in this DESPITE it being shady as fuck, not because it's not shady as fuck, because it definitely is shady as fuck, and when you try to argue against that, you're not getting anywhere

saunderez

This isn't true
If you look at the games that people voted for, you see that they're expecting AAA games - shit like Bioshock and Assassins Creed

Where'd they get that idea from given all the games in the screenshots are indie titles and all the developers they've talked to are indie designers? Anyone who bought into it expecting that mislead themselves by not reading what they were backing. People coming to the wrong conclusions from given information isn't the Ouya teams fault. The information they've presented has made no such promises.

There's nothing more shady about this than any other Kickstarter I've participated in. In fact at least they have done considerably more work prior to the Kickstarter than most I've participated in. All I got for Wasteland 2 was a promise based on a game that came out 15 years ago. That's what Kickstarter is. You're not buying a product, you're investing in an idea. A high reward tier might give you the product but that's not what you're paying for.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Question to the people who had chosen to fund this: Did you think this was going to get worthwhile exclusives or was it for other reasons?

saunderez

Question to the people who had chosen to fund this: Did you think this was going to get worthwhile exclusives or was it for other reasons?

I want indie games. I don't give a shit if they're exclusive. That's all I'm buying it for. Secondary uses are the cherry on the top, it's the idea of an open market catering to indie devs that has me excited. Whether or not they take advantage of this opportunity is up to them. All I can do is support the product and hope indie devs take to it to encourage the audience to grow.

"Minecraft is gonna be on it"

Direct quote from Julie in the video. Looking at the info below, that is anything but the case (Minecraft will be on it if if if if if...so you mean Minecraft might be on it, if you were being honest).

The poll including battletoads is the least of my worries.

I mostly just wanted a good emulation machine when I jumped in on the first morning but misleading tactics make it very hard for me to feel good about continuing my backing.

Where'd they get that idea from given all the games in the screenshots are indie titles and all the developers they've talked to are indie designers? Anyone who bought into it expecting that mislead themselves by not reading what they were backing. People coming to the wrong conclusions from given information isn't the Ouya teams fault. The information they've presented has made no such promises.

There's nothing more shady about this than any other Kickstarter I've participated in.

They showed Madden. They showed Minecraft.

They dropped this quote:

If your brain automatically filters out the fact from the bullshit, that's awesome for you. I'm really happy for you, man.

Just stop speaking for everyone when everyone clearly does not feel the same as you. The survey proves you wrong, the people who are pulling out proves you wrong. Just stop.

Absinthe

Other reasons:
1. XBMC/Hulu/Netflix (basically a consumption device, I have an ATV2, but have been disappointed by it since day 1)
2. Android on TV (since it's hackable I'm excited to see Jelly Bean/full Android on it)
3. Emulators
4. Hackable (messing with the SDK, installing other OS's, etc)

I never thought it was going to replace traditional consoles, and there's no way you will see AAA games made for it at launch. Maybe if things go well and it does take off some other dev's will get on board. With only a 50k install base that could be a while.

Being able to run mobile games on the TV is something I've wanted since my first iPhone, not sure why, just for fun I guess. $99 is a small amount for all the things listed above and as far as I know Ouya is a good deal compared to other Android TV devices out there.

Mairu

I canceled my pledge. I haven't really been keeping up with the thread or some of the response about it, but the survey they sent out with the top 20 games for people to vote on really soured my view of it. It's very deceptive of them to even entertain the idea that the majority of the games on the list even have a chance of being considered for a platform like this.

element

Considering this is the top 20 games that have been suggested for the system, they are fooling someone.
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ouyatop20

The Minecraft stuff is totally misleading. It DOESN'T have Minecraft on it. Mojang has confirmed that they haven't agreed to anything. The video says "Minecraft is going to be on it!" Read below and it.

Ouya FAQ said:
Mojang has committed that Minecraft (and their other games) will be on OUYA -- but only if we prove that we can make a great product (that’s our job) AND enough people want their games (that’s your job). Show them with your numbers that you want Minecraft on OUYA!
That directly contradicts what they say in their video! That is misleading.

There's nothing more shady about this than any other Kickstarter I've participated in. In fact at least they have done considerably more work prior to the Kickstarter than most I've participated in. All I got for Wasteland 2 was a promise based on a game that came out 15 years ago. That's what Kickstarter is. You're not buying a product, you're investing in an idea. A high reward tier might give you the product but that's not what you're paying for.
You aren't investing in anything, because you aren't getting a return other than the item you bought. There is a huge difference between buying goods and services and investment. The people investing are Ed Fries, Peter Pham, and Amol Sarva. And they are going to get paid. If it takes off.

I want indie games.
I think you are going to be somewhat disappointed. I think there will be less indie developers and more amateur/experimental developers. One thing that iOS and Android have shown us that it is very difficult making a living developing for these platforms. It is bloated, highly competitive, and piracy. When you start getting into amateur/experimental development your quality bar lowers because these developers have to have real jobs.

Considering the developers they are targeting are cautiously optimistic.
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/07/16/influential-indies-on-the-brouhaha-around-ouya/

This quote kinda struck me.
Will Stallwood of Auditorium said:
Some of the Kickstarter reward tiers are a bit scary as well. It looks like they are guaranteeing exposure to select developers who offer up certain levels of money. The marketing of a game should be based on its brilliance, not the money behind it. What kind of effect will that have on the marketplace?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I canceled my pledge. I haven't really been keeping up with the thread or some of the response about it, but the survey they sent out with the top 20 games for people to vote on really soured my view of it. It's very deceptive of them to even entertain the idea that the majority of the games on the list even have a chance of being considered for a platform like this.

Hey guys, fuck AAA console gaming and all of those creativity-killing publishers! Back us, we're cool and indie!

Hey dudes, what kind of games would you like to see on our cool new indie box?

*list consists mostly of big-name franchises from major publishers*

remnant

Banned
Hey guys, fuck AAA console gaming and all of those creativity-killing publishers! Back us, we're cool and indie!

Hey dudes, what kind of games would you like to see on our cool new indie box?

*list consists mostly of big-name franchises from major publishers*

Didn't they just compile the 20 most requested titles from commenters. Sounds like they are giving people what they want.

wildfire

Banned
This isn't true

They HAVE misled people. They actively ARE misleading people. If you can't see that - that's ok - maybe you're not the type of person that can be misled. But don't speak for everyone. The people who were initially excited about this and then pulled out are enough to prove that you are wrong and I would even bet that the majority of the investors are being naive about this.

Invest in this DESPITE it being shady as fuck, not because it's not shady as fuck, because it definitely is shady as fuck, and when you try to argue against that, you're not getting anywhere

The expectations that many expect Skyrim or Black Ops II to work on this thing is good example of being misled.

Still you should take your own advice and realize noone is an investor here. Kickstarter projects are funded by donations. If anyone was an investor they could report the kickstarter foundation to the SEC for setting up a crappy stock market.

They showed Madden. They showed Minecraft.

They dropped this quote:

They showed Android games. They said one of their goals was to scale back the costs of development. Just stick to your original point about the list because that part of the video wasn't meant to mislead anyone. People mislead themselves into thinking Shadowgun was Gears of War. This isn't Ouya's fault.

sakipon

Didn't they just compile the 20 most requested titles from commenters. Sounds like they are giving people what they want.
But they aren't able to give them what they want. It's like advertising your backyard party and letting people vote for Metallica to arrive.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
But they aren't able to give them what they want. It's like advertising your backyard party and letting people vote for Metallica to arrive.

Hey my Final Fantasy made the list, I also wanted Chaos Rings. I said 'games like Skyrim' though.

How is anything they are doing shady? People keep bringing up that list. Did you even read the survey? It was asking what game you *wanted* to be on the system. How is that shady in any way? If anyone is stupid enough to think that every one of those games is a signed contract, then they deserve their heads to be examined. As far as I can tell, these people WANT AAA games on the device. They aren't trying to make an indy game console, they are trying to make a game console. Period. They may not get what they want, but they aren't trying to mislead anybody. They are just like me...very optimistic.

And what's a good way to convince a publisher to bring a game to the device? Show that 10,000 early adopters went to the effort to vote for it. Yes, before someone brings it up, 10k units is small potatoes, but the point is, the number of people who would back the console is going to be a small percentage of real sales of a real product, and the number of people who would answer a survey is a small percentage of anyone.

As for Minecraft, here's what the Ouya folks had to say about it:

Julie Uhrman said:
Well—it would be great if people would do their homework and not let Ben have the final word.  Notch himself tweeted that his main concern was that he didn’t feel his current Android version was up to snuff, and he’d want to maybe throw more people at it before putting it on OUYA.  Notch and Mojang are supportive: we’ve had several conversations before and during the Kickstarter campaign, and they’ve made it clear that they’d like us to succeed and if we do they will put their games on OUYA. Mojang specifically approved exactly what we said in our video.

And, Notch is helping us get there.  He backed our Kickstarter campaign with a very generous donation.  I’m sure he wouldn’t want us to name the amount but I gotta say we were thrilled.  It’s pretty awesome to have one of your heroes in your corner. And, we put developers in our video so you could hear them say what they wanted to do in their own words. But we think it’s premature for us announce a launch slate of games.

Benedict

Don't know if this was mentioned before but Ouya has issued a statement regarding a Eurogamer article:

Update: CEO of Ouya Julie Uhrman issued the following statement regarding this report:
"Let me be clear, OUYA is not seeking additional funding outside of Kickstarter. Our priority now is to continue to focus on building a great game console while engaging in our ongoing Kickstarter campaign."
"Our intent in going to Kickstarter was to raise money that would take us from functional prototype to product on the market."
"With respect to our funding, we have been candid in disclosing an early round raised through friends and family that included backing from investors like Digg founder Jay Adelson, Flixster founder Joe Greenstein, and Jawbone founder Hosain Rahman."
"We do not intend to engage in any conversations related to funding while we are on Kickstarter. And, it's not like we are going to start speed dialing VCs as soon as the Kickstarter campaign ends. Oncee our Kickstarter campaign closes funding our priority will be getting OUYA to market, and delivering the best game experience possible. Fundraising will not be top of the list."
"Unfortunately, I think this rumour sprung from a misunderstood answer during an interview and we are trying to contact the reporter to clarify."

Top Bottom