• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscar

Flank fools. Make sure they don't know where you are teleporting because you can just get headshotted. Your shotguns do a shitton of dmg to big guys like all the tanks. You can cancel your reload with a melee when you see the ammo go back up to 8, drastically reducing the reload time. Make sure they cannot stop your ult when you use it. It is extremely powerful and kills anyone fast, but you are wide open when you use it. Your phase is extremely useful for escaping and engaging, and you can be healed and pick stuff up during it.
Interesting, I didn't know he could cancel his reload.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
For those playing on PS4, can you post your analog sensitivity settings? I'm having trouble finding that sweet spot and want to see/try what others are using.

vypek

Feel like D.Va is the only character I don't "get". I don't know how to make her effective.

Get in close and shred people apart. She harasses people close range. Back out while firing when your mech is gone. You can walk towards people with the mech when you are blocking projectiles or boost in and bump someone away.

How is this game on ps4? Debating if I should get this game.

Its fun.

Special C

Im surprised at how competent the Xbox playbase is. Every now and then there is a hole in the team but I always pick last and typically fill it.

Blu(e)

Random tips:

Each block is 25 HP

Mei:
- If you're caught in Junkrat's trap and don't have ice block ( Cryo-Freeze) up. You can ice wall right underneath yourself and break the trap.

Genji:
- You can do some tricky air movement with a combination of his double jump and wall climb mechanics. Genji normally has a double jump. If you double jump then wall climb and jump off, you're given another jump afterwards effectively turning it into a triple jump. On top of that, you can't wall climb after that until you land on the ground, but the game will allow you to climb back up only if you're doing on the very edge of a platform/building.

- The Genji combo is generally if you can get up close you right click>melee>dash. This will one shot a Tracer (200 HP) for reference)

- Genji's ult resets his dash. So you can get in position with a dash and ulti up and you'll still have a dash ready.

Winston:
Winston's leap actually does AOE damage when he lands nearby enemies. Up to 50 damage depending how far they are from him when he landed.

McCree:
- If you're up against a Reinhardt with his shield up, if you toss your flash bang above his shield you'll be able to stun him.

Zarya:
- Zarya's shields blocks overkill damage. So let's say if you had 1 HP and your shield has 1 barrier strength left (out of 200 and 400 from Particle Barrier and Projected Barrier respectively) and you were standing next to a D.Va ult, you'll survive that blast. As long as the shield is up you'll survive and won't take any extra damage.

- Her alternate fire takes up 25 of her 100 ammo while her laser ticks it down. So if you were to use her alt fire three times leaving 25 left, you can laser the enemies down until you're at 1 left and still use her alt fire for full damage.

General
- You can reload quicker by using your melee during reload. There's only two characters that make pretty good use for it. Reaper and McCree's alt fire because of the lengthy reload animation for both of them.

markwaters

Neo Member
Feel like D.Va is the only character I don't "get". I don't know how to make her effective.

She is very tanky (400 of her health is armor, which reduces all incoming damage by 5 points -- extremely good against Tracers, Soldiers, et al.) and her mech is expendable, so she can be played very similarly to Winston in that you can use her to boost in, harass, and cause disarray to give your team room to make plays. She can also use her Defense Matrix to protect herself and other heroes or in conjunction with her boost to get in close and nullify incoming damage for a few seconds. She is mainly a distraction, but at point blank she can kill the lower health heroes relatively quickly.

She can sow chaos, focus down heroes, be really hard to take down, and just divide the opposing team's attention. She is not very effective alone (but can win against certain heroes just based on how much damage she can take compared to what she dishes out at point blank), but as part of a team that complements her abilities, she's great.

So while I'm sitting here at work, anybody know of any good high-skill streamers to watch? Seagull just signed off and everybody else in the top streams are pretty much personalities first and players second.

Skii

Is it worth paying £10 extra for the Origin edition with the skins? Do you only get one of those free digital items?

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
She is very tanky (400 of her health is armor, which reduces all incoming damage by 5 points -- extremely good against Tracers, Soldiers, et al.) and her mech is expendable, so she can be played very similarly to Winston in that you can use her to boost in, harass, and cause disarray to give your team room to make plays. She can also use her Defense Matrix to protect herself and other heroes or in conjunction with her boost to get in close and nullify incoming damage for a few seconds. She is mainly a distraction, but at point blank she can kill the lower health heroes relatively quickly.

She can sow chaos, focus down heroes, be really hard to take down, and just divide the opposing team's attention. She is not very effective alone (but can win against certain heroes just based on how much damage she can take compared to what she dishes out at point blank), but as part of a team that complements her abilities, she's great.

give D.VA a heal and someone like Mei and Tracer on her side and it is a lot of fun.

Is it worth paying £10 extra for the Origin edition with the skins? Do you only get one of those free digital items?

you get all the items for every blizzard game

ExVicis

Play her as a harass character. Continually use your boosters to go up and around the main fight. Use the boosters as well to tackle and confused enemies. The D.Va deflection can also be used while boosting allowing you to advance without taking heavy damage. Finally, and my most favorite thing about D.Va, she doesn't ever reload unless she's in Zero Suit D.Va mode, so always be shooting.

A friend got the wolf skin for Hanzo and it actually changes the way his Ult looks and sounds. Changes it to white and instead of a Dragon roar you hear wolves howling. Pretty damn cool.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Come on now Blizzard, my last 4 crates have all had 3x grey shit in them and a pity blue :/

A friend got the wolf skin for Hanzo and it actually changes the way his Ult looks and sounds. Changes it to white and instead of a Dragon roar you hear wolves howling. Pretty damn cool.

Yeah there are a few changes like that, I noticed Mercy's Imp skins make her say "Heroes Never Die...for a price."

I'd love it if Reaper's Mariachi skin played Mariachi music when he ults and he says "MORIR! MORIR! MORIR!"

AEREC

Ya...I like how the alt skins change how weapons look too. I odnt even want to use Reaper until I get the Plague Doctor skin.

Moonlight

Banned
D.Va is a character that rewards knowing the map a lot. Which is probably why you don't see many great D.Vas. You need to be abusing your boosters a lot, disrupt backliners and then lose them around corners when your cooldown refreshes. You need to play her more like Winston than Reinhardt, basically. She's not great at just soaking damage for the team. Harass people and corner snipers where they think they're safe. Her ultimate is the king of all disruption abilities and will singlehandedly give your team control over an objective even if most of the enemy team manages to get out.

Apathy

my own team mate killed me cause the tracer was too stupid to stop shooting a genji when he was deflecting. Why the hell cant these idiots be put down to some lower level where I don't have to see this

ant_

not characteristic of ants at all
Don't think I saw a single Winston in like 4 hours last night. I'm definitely gonna try him next time I play

He's so much fun. He's truly a disruptor. He's great for breaking through chokepoints, drawing enemy fire, and allowing your team to move in. Focus on the weaker characters (snipers, tracer, genji)

Ranmo

He's really cool, it's just that his damage is so pitiful.

I find him to be pretty effective when the enemy team has a lot of squishy members. Though I've never played him for a full game. Only when I felt it was a situation in which he would excel with.

Xeteh

I told my team I had never seen a team try so hard to avoid my heals (playing Mercy), I was told to use my shift since that is what it is there for. I didn't know it could go through walls.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member

I got a legendary Imp (i.e. Devil looking) Mercy skin and when she says "Heroes never die." she adds "...for a price." at the end. Pretty cool they added these little touches.

Gotta say the sound design in this game is stellar. I think the most noticeable thing is Widowmaker's footsteps, her loud-ass heels make it so I know if I'm walking under her roost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom