• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the point of overtime? Hey, you won the game, but we are going to give the other team a second chance to beat you. Is there some sort of penalty for winning during OT? Like hockey do you get more points if you lose during OT?

Think I just had the best game I will probably have.

Symmetra: 20 kill streak , no deaths, victory and play of the game.
I was disappointed with Torjborn, seemed like he had very little utility compared to the engineer in Team Fortress. But then I discovered Symmetra does it all. I think she will be really under utilised as the game modes don't really go on long enough to benefit her ult.

MUnited83

For you.
Ran the numbers on the Polygon crates video

Other skins: 50%
Legendary skins: 6%
Victory pose: 24%
Emote: 2%

Will be interesting to see if freeloaders feel their crates match these rates in a week or two. On the plus side, after about 25 crates worth of dupes you should have enough to buy a legendary of your choice.
90% sprays here lol

I think Ive seen Tjorbjorn in ever match I've played. I see way less Symmetra, Zenyatta, Winston and other Zaryas than anything.

Zarrya is my second fave next to Symettra..but I gave up on her since she's highly dependant on the team to deal damage.
Once you get a decent team that knows what they are doing, she is down right unstoppable

vypek

What is the point of overtime? Hey, you won the game, but we are going to give the other team a second chance to beat you. Is there some sort of penalty for winning during OT? Like hockey do you get more points if you lose during OT?

I think its just supposed to be that the opposing team is in the area and has a legitimate shot so once all of them are dead, it drains really fast.

Guys. I think I want to buy 50 loot boxes.

Please stop me. D=

giphy.gif

Tecnniqe

Banned
Seriously can they make two queues:
1) " i play genji/hanzo every game"
2) "i want to win the game"

Hanzo is so much fun to play.
He feels quite random in the hits. Sometimes just 1 hit everyone all over the map and the next cant seem to hit anything D:

Rya Ga Waka Teki Go Fuck Yourself also wins games doe

RotBot

Drop shield for team then leap to enemy and annoy. It's worked well for me.

You can shoot through your shield from inside or outside. Enemies can't shoot through the shield from inside or outside. So if an enemy comes inside your shield, go outside. If they follow you outside, go back inside. Repeat while holding down the trigger on your tesla cannon. Also, a leap straight up and back down can be good for disorienting enemies at melee range.

Kouichi

Do people know that the payload heals them? I feel more people would get on the damn thing if they knew.

I love using Lucio's fast movement and AOE healing to constantly zip around the payload, while the team attempts to kill me. It simultaneously distracts the opposite team, keeps the payload moving, and keeps me alive.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

Ending a game mid-firefight is very unsatisfying.

This game makes me wish the PS4 controller had paddles. Ended up mapping jump to L2 and secondary fire to L3...

Not perfect but it means I can use mobility moves and still aim.

vypek

Do people know that the payload heals them? I feel more people would get on the damn thing if they knew.

I love using Lucio's fast movement and AOE healing to constantly zip around the payload, while the team attempts to kill me. It simultaneously distracts the opposite team, keeps the payload moving, and keeps me alive.

Had no clue. Lol, but I'm usually skating in the area of a payload anyways lol

Zeliard

You shouldn't think of it as winning the game until overtime is done. It's a way of telling the other team that if they don't urgently do something now, they lose, and it opens up an opportunity for comebacks. In cases where both teams are at 99% it allows for a tug of war.

Whales

Banned

If someone of the opposing team is on the point it goes into Overtime

It would suck to lose straight when you have 3 teammates on the point trying to take it (while the other team is contesting) and just lose because time over

Ambient80

It allows you to keep playing which is awesome because this game is amazing and oh my god it's taking over my life someone help me pls:((((((((

Loxley

I had a Reaper running circles around the payload trying to kill me, it was pretty hilarious.

Z2u7qgJ.gif

Can't touch this, son.

You can shoot through your shield from inside or outside. Enemies can't shoot through the shield from inside or outside. So if an enemy comes inside your shield, go outside. If they follow you outside, go back inside. Repeat while holding down the trigger on your tesla cannon. Also, a leap straight up and back down can be good for disorienting enemies at melee range.
Yep it's very useful. Also you can leap mid jump.

Rad-

Anyone have tips on how to play Winston? Tried him out last night and found myself fumbling around a lot.

I don't see many Winstons doing it but he actually is pretty okay against turrets. Jump next to the turret, put down the shield in front of it and start zapping. When the shield is in front of it, it won't damage your team either for the next 600 damage.

Also a tip for his ult is to remember that it fully heals him. So if you want to create some chaos jump into the action normally, put down a shield and start zapping fools from behind the shield (if enemy gets inside the shield, go outside and so on). Then when you eventually go to low health, hit ult. You fully heal. So this way Winston is pretty damn tanky. 400 base health, 600 shield health and 1000 ult health.

Oh and his normal jump deals small amount of aoe damage. So when you jump into the chaos, try to aim right next to some enemies.

MajorMane

My personal favorite are the control points that are enclosed and with high walls. Just wall run around the area while the entire team is trying to kill you. Fantastic.

TheGrue

I love playing as Mercy...I always go the healer route in most games anyway. Her range is a little small, but otherwise still a fun character to play. I haven't even played as anyone else yet.

/brofist

Love playing as Mercy. The only time I have played with someone else was when she was already taken and so I tried out some other character types, but I just love running around healing and damage boosting.

I wish they took(another) page from TF2 and had the payload give you a Mercy-style beam of health when you're in range. Thats a great visual that instantly tells you you're on the cart. There's also a specific steam-powered sound that lets you know you're on the cart/you're being healed. I think that's really smart visual/audio information that would help newer players.

Kaz42

Wish I could play this game without my whole screen going dark. Played like 12 matches and 4 of them have had this problem.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Top three favorite skins right now?

Mine are Stunt Rider 76, Raindancer Pharah. and Mariachi Reaper.

Code:
[IMG]https://masteroverwatch.com/asset/image/skins/Widowmaker/Odette.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://masteroverwatch.com/asset/image/skins/Hanzo/Okami.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]https://masteroverwatch.com/asset/image/skins/Pharah/Thunderbird.jpg[/IMG]

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Anyone have tips on how to play Winston? Tried him out last night and found myself fumbling around a lot.

Love him on offense for jumping in an distributing the other team. Focus on any Mercy, or Sentry nests. He's fast enough to get in and out, with a ton of health.

Kawngi

Having a lot more fun playing Mercy and Lucio than I thought I would. I typically hate healing but playing them is so fun to me

If someone of the opposing team is on the point it goes into Overtime

It would suck to lose straight when you have 3 teammates on the point trying to take it (while the other team is contesting) and just lose because time over

Ah, gotcha. I've played 2 matches since the game went live (had many more in beta) and both of them went into overtime and both of them had the decision reversed in overtime. It just seemed weird that the overtime was the deciding factor in the games I have played.

Astral

Lmao I flew up with Pharah and then fell right in front of a Genji as he swung his sword ultimate trying to kill someone else. He was probably so confused.

Love him on offense for jumping in an distributing the other team. Focus on any Mercy, or Sentry nests. He's fast enough to get in and out, with a ton of health.

Winston really excels at disruption. He's not really very good at killing anything but the squishiest targets by himself, but if I'm playing as Hanzo and I have to deal with this stupid monkey idiot jumping on me every fifteen seconds just to have him jump away when he's in danger it makes me much less effective even if the Winston isn't necessarily killing many people.

He's for sure a character that needs his team to follow up though. Just like with Symmetra he seems weak if his team is weak and a huge problem if his team is following up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom