• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
u0QY0vW.jpg

1UvySsU.jpg
Is my GPU exploding? The rest of the game looks fine and runs with no issue, but the character portraits, reticles, etc all get checkered at random. Whether it's a couple games in or several games in. Happened with the beta too, didn't think much of it then. Restarting the game fixes the problem, but then it'll just happen again X amount of games later.

Ken

Yeah, why does everyone think they're a decent sniper and insist on always picking one and sucking the entire game. I just dont get it.

This is just my personal experience from playing a bunch of console shooters online but I've always felt that the sniper role is generally sought after since it's the best way to show off 1337 skills.

why are all the mccree skins shit

I like Mystery Man, but I mainly bought it in honor of that Overwatch Fest budget Mystery Man cosplay.

Trago

Another thing I noticed is that literally every Zenyatta knows how to use him really well. Which tells me that new players aren't touching that character at all lol.

Ken

Genji's ult and Reinhardt's hammer feel really weird to me. Like you can hit people from a long-ass way away. Anyone else feel like that?

Yeah for Reinhardt's ult. I think that was tweaked a few times across the beta too so wouldn't surprise me if it got more tweaks for release?

Seriously can they make two queues:
1) " i play genji/hanzo every game"
2) "i want to win the game"

Group up with the people here. In my time grouping up with gaffers I've never felt pigeon holed into any particular role as they always seem to pick strategically. I still went support mostly as that's the role I prefer
not to mention I am absolute poop at trying to kill the other team, lol
Really happy that even though my skill level is low I can still contribute in a meaningful way to any team I'm on.

englandprevails

Neo Member
Anyone have tips on how to play Winston? Tried him out last night and found myself fumbling around a lot.

I leap in , drop a shield and try to move around and shoot people. Make sure you are keeping the shield walls between you and the team. Kill a person or two, jump away. Rinse and repeat.

Save your Ultimate for when you hit low live. It heals you back to full and you can begin pushing people away with it. Resist the urge to try to kill people with it. Use it as an area denial attack. You want to be pushing enemies out of objectives, away from defensive positions or knock them off the map.

I love that damn Ape!

Apathy

Still think the game needs to have the disenchant mechanic from Hearthstone. If I get stuff I don't want let me just destroy them for part of the cost so it's easier for me to get the ones I do want

Jarate

Banned
I got Pirate Tjorborn last night along with a mei skin

I played a lot of offensive Tjorborn last night to show off my skin, it can actually work really well as a surprise sentry or against a defensive team that pushes forward too hard. Once they get a team of 2 bastions/tjornborns though, game over for Tjorn

His main attack does ridiculous head shot damage BTW. I think you can 2 shot classes with around 250 health with 2 headshots

zonezeus

Ever get that feeling of deja vu? I do, because once again the first and so far only legendary skin I get is for fucking Widowmaker, same as in beta. Of course I don't play Widowmaker at all.

D.Va feels kind of weak but she is sooooooo fun to play. I love how if you kill someone with your ult you automatically get your mech back

edit: actually everyone is fun to play. I've never played Zarya, Tjorborn or Symettra but I assume they are fun as well for people who like that kind of hero

I got Pirate Tjorborn last night along with a mei skin

I played a lot of offensive Tjorborn last night to show off my skin, it can actually work really well as a surprise sentry or against a defensive team that pushes forward too hard. Once they get a team of 2 bastions/tjornborns though, game over for Tjorn

His main attack does ridiculous head shot damage BTW. I think you can 2 shot classes with around 250 health with 2 headshots

And his shotty alt ain't too shabby when you're in the thick of it.

Babalu.

QUESTION: does the conan clueless gamer for overwatch have any game of thrones spoilers for season 4/5? I stopped at season 3 . i know i know... but i've been spoiler free still.

i want to watch it but not if they drop little spoilers from game of thrones

let me know please, thank you.

Jarate

Banned
D.Va feels kind of weak but she is sooooooo fun to play. I love how if you kill someone with your ult you automatically get your mech back

The mech will come back after it explodes from your ult automatically.

Also, D. Va's pistol is one of the most underrated weapons in the game, probably one of the best anti sniper tech in the game too

Every single Zarya I have come across has completely kicked my ass, regardless of what character I am playing as. WTF
Zarya is a beast. You can dart in and out with her and stay alive forever unless people really focus you. You probably know this but do not shoot her when her shield is up.

ZServ

QUESTION: does the conan clueless gamer for overwatch have any game of thrones spoilers for season 4/5? I stopped at season 3 . i know i know... but i've been spoiler free still.

i want to watch it but not if they drop little spoilers from game of thrones

let me know please, thank you.

No. I've never seen GoT, though, so if they referenced it, it probably went over my head.

Is my GPU exploding? The rest of the game looks fine and runs with no issue, but the character portraits, reticles, etc all get checkered at random. Whether it's a couple games in or several games in. Happened with the beta too, didn't think much of it then. Restarting the game fixes the problem, but then it'll just happen again X amount of games later.

Looks like a driver issue, honestly. Your temps seem fine. Could also be that your voltage is a tad high/low.

nOoblet16

What is the point of overtime? Hey, you won the game, but we are going to give the other team a second chance to beat you. Is there some sort of penalty for winning during OT? Like hockey do you get more points if you lose during OT?

If your Overtime lasts long then you really haven't won the match since your objective is being contested and when it's being contested, either team has a chance. It drains really really fast when it's not being contested so it's a non issue. Stopping a game mid fight is unsatisfying and not good.

Other example being, imagine your payload is 5 meters away with no enemy in sight because you killed them all and you have 2 seconds remaining but because of no Overtime mechanic you lose despite the fact that you managed to push back the defending team eventhough they had the spawn advantage (in payload and CP mode). It's a very fair system that encourages players to keep going until the very last second.

SDCowboy

I'm seriously getting tired of getting stuck with groups that seem to either not know or not care there is an objective. Getting people selecting Reinhardt (probably just because he looks cool) and never shielding, people capturing the point and then immediately scattering instead of defending, etc.

My biggest fear about the game seems to be holding true. The game is so team-focused, casual player that wants/needs to PUG, typically can't and won't be competitive.

AlanOC91

I know he's very generic but... Is the soldier just ridiculously good? I seem to absolutely clean up and have pretty much just won my team a game by switching back to him at the end.

He seems incredible for me. It looks like it's a "generic for beginners" character.

I'm gonna commit to getting gud with Reaper.

Flank fools. Make sure they don't know where you are teleporting because you can just get headshotted. Your shotguns do a shitton of dmg to big guys like all the tanks. You can cancel your reload with a melee when you see the ammo go back up to 8, drastically reducing the reload time. Make sure they cannot stop your ult when you use it. It is extremely powerful and kills anyone fast, but you are wide open when you use it. Your phase is extremely useful for escaping and engaging, and you can be healed and pick stuff up during it.

I know he's very generic but... Is the soldier just ridiculously good? I seem to absolutely clean up and have pretty much just won my team a game by switching back to him at the end.

He seems incredible for me. It looks like it's a "generic for beginners" character.

He's not bad he's simple. I'm thinking of giving him a shot.

MGrant

He's great with support. I usually go Mercy if we have a Soldier/Reinhardt combo and we need a healer. He is quite powerful when damage boosted.

xezuru

If you're an excellent tracker Soldier is excellent, used a decent amount in the highest eschelon, if you 4/5 burst the recoil resets really fast for laser accurate damage super fast at long ranges. Has a self heal and decent mobility. Still kind of a boring kit but he does add a lot of utility and can keep a Reinhart up and hitscan can peel very easily with Helix burst.

Speaking of reload cancels, is anyones as good as Reaper's? Keep forgetting to try. Did it for McCree and it doesn't make a lot of difference time wise, Reaper's almost cuts off a full second.

Wanderer5

Oh the feeling of killing Reaper as he tries to use his ult lol. Take that you try hard edgelord!

I actually had a Reaper going off by himself as I was returning back to help stop the payload, and he wasted his ult on me, only for me to headshot him.XD

rrs

Feel like D.Va is the only character I don't "get". I don't know how to make her effective.
yeah, I played a round with the character and it seems to be only effective at short range or blowing up the mech into a group
Oh the feeling of killing Reaper as he tries to use his ult lol. Take that you try hard edgelord!

I actually had a Reaper going off by himself as I was returning back to help stop the payload, and he wasted his ult on me, only for me to headshot him.XD
reaper got his wish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom