• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've tried using Winston (leap in, throw bubble, wreck shit, leap out) but the bubble always seems to appear too late so the enemy team always kills me :(

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
my own team mate killed me cause the tracer was too stupid to stop shooting a genji when he was deflecting. Why the hell cant these idiots be put down to some lower level where I don't have to see this

The game has been out for less than 24 hours. Relax. People are learning.

vypek

I've tried using Winston (leap in, throw bubble, wreck shit, leap out) but the bubble always seems to appear too late so the enemy team always kills me :(
Distracting enemies and and having them go after you buys your teammates some time and saves them from some attacks they would normally take.

exYle

So PS4 Overwatch-GAF, how does this grouping up stuff work? Do you guys plan it beforehand or do you just send invites? I'm friends with a number of people in the Overwatch community but I didn't wanna just spam people

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Level 10, still no legendary skin.
ib8nJGm.png

Skab

my own team mate killed me cause the tracer was too stupid to stop shooting a genji when he was deflecting. Why the hell cant these idiots be put down to some lower level where I don't have to see this

You mean not everyone knows everything about a game that came out less than a day ago?

How utterly appalling.

TheYanger

Keep in mind if they're inside the bubble with you it's not preventing any damage. Try to jump so that you've got half of them isolated and aren't taking fire from them all and dance around the perimeter of it once it's up, their shits won't cross it but yours will. You can also drop it before you land slightly.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Looks like a driver issue, honestly. Your temps seem fine. Could also be that your voltage is a tad high/low.
Ah thanks, my graphics drivers is up to date, but there is a new game ready driver. I'll also look into voltage. This is the only game I have the issue with.

I'm trying to play new characters that are not D.Va and it's tough. I feel so comfortable with her, rarely scared of anything. With other characters I constantly feel like i'm doing the wrong thing.

The game has been out for less than 24 hours. Relax. People are learning.

You mean not everyone knows everything about a game that came out less than a day ago?

How utterly appalling.
Apathy was complaining within the first 2 hours of release. It only gets worse from here.

Just poking fun, Apathy

Oh ok thanks. What's the best way to party then? I can't seem to figure this out for the life of me. Sorry if being dense.

I really wish you could see where your friends are in the game, as in, "in lobby", or "in full game" or "in game with available space".

Join a group with a friend before starting to find a match. You can party up and then queue.

I tried that with some friends in game and didn't work.

Baleoce

Gotta say the sound design in this game is stellar. I think the most noticeable thing is Widowmaker's footsteps, her loud-ass heels make it so I know if I'm walking under her roost.

Yeah it's amazing. Infact all enemy movement and sound effects are more prominent than your teammates.

Apathy

How utterly appalling.

Yeah it is, that the school system has failed them and they can't read the giant tooltips after they died even when they are level 15

Trago

Was on overtime for a good five minutes each round and won. Like, both teams were in the fucking zone. So intense.

Blizzard are gods man.

Skyo

HELP! PC gamers, can someone recommend me a graphics card upgrade. I cant adjust render scale over 50% without mouse lag :(
Decided to buy this game on PC rather than my PS4..my 2012 pc..

My system: NVIDIA GEFORCE GT 530
i5-2310
8gm RAM

I want to spend £200-£250 (around $300-$350)
Thanks in advanceee

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
The maps in this game are so pretty and detailed. I LOVE the music and atmosphere of Route 66.

My biggest problem right now is I am complete shit with anyone who isn't Hanzo. I try and play other characters but do so bad I end up on him again. I like other characters but he just "clicks" with me on another level. I need to be stubborn and not play him for a few days because he is not a good fit for every situation.

X-Frame

So PS4 Overwatch-GAF, how does this grouping up stuff work? Do you guys plan it beforehand or do you just send invites? I'm friends with a number of people in the Overwatch community but I didn't wanna just spam people

At this time it seems we have a ginormous PSN chat and if you're on and looking for an invite just post in the chat and groups with spots will fire invites out to you (if you're friends with 1 of them).

HELP! PC gamers, can someone recommend me a graphics card upgrade. I cant adjust render scale over 50% without mouse lag :(

i5-2310
8gm RAM

Thanks in advanceee

Buy a 970 or wait a while and spend a little bit more for a presumably much better card in the 1070. Might consider an overhaul to the whole thing though.

Yeah it is, that the school system has failed them and they can't read the giant tooltips after they died even when they are level 15
You'd only get a tool tip if you played as Genji, not against him. Your time would be better spent helping people out. :)

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member

i5-2310
8gm RAM

Thanks in advanceee

GTX970. I mean the new 1070 is out but is more expensive and hard to get for now IIRC

Keep in mind if they're inside the bubble with you it's not preventing any damage. Try to jump so that you've got half of them isolated and aren't taking fire from them all and dance around the perimeter of it once it's up, their shits won't cross it but yours will. You can also drop it before you land slightly.

Thanks!

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
My biggest problem right now is I am complete shit with anyone who isn't Hanzo. I try and play other characters but do so bad I end up on him again. I like other characters but he just "clicks" with me on another level. I need to be stubborn and not play him for a few days because he is not a good fit for situation.

Dude, just be like me in TF2. 650 hours as Spy.

2 hours combined playtime everyone else.

Genjis still the most satisfying to play as

When you get into that rythm of jumping across walls and consistently getting hits with shurikens
3V8qFHN.png

exYle

At this time it seems we have a ginormous PSN chat and if you're on and looking for an invite just post in the chat and groups with spots will fire invites out to you (if you're friends with 1 of them).

Could I get an invite to the group chat? PSN is Buttchin-n-Bones

ultron87

Won 23 out of 25 games with Lucio. I'm addicted to this playstyle, it's like being a bard in FFXI xD

I don't have any numbers to back it up besides him being my highest win percentage character in the beta, but I really do feel like teams with him are more likely to win than any other single character. Constant healing on 3-5 characters at all times increases team survivability soooo much.

I don't have stats to back it up besides him being my highest win percentage character in the beta, but I really do feel like teams with him are more likely to win than any other single character. Constant healing on 3-5 characters at all times increases team survivability soooo much.

Oh for sure. A team with a mercy or Lucio will do much better then one without

I don't have any numbers to back it up besides him being my highest win percentage character in the beta, but I really do feel like teams with him are more likely to win than any other single character. Constant healing on 3-5 characters at all times increases team survivability soooo much.

I'm starting to think that Lucio is da real MVP

he's probably the best support character

rushing back to help guys get into the fight quicker is underrated as well

TheYanger

My biggest problem right now is I am complete shit with anyone who isn't Hanzo. I try and play other characters but do so bad I end up on him again. I like other characters but he just "clicks" with me on another level. I need to be stubborn and not play him for a few days because he is not a good fit for every situation.

I felt this way when I first started in beta, maybe not to that extreme, but the best way to learn the other characters is just force yourself to play. For example when I first picked up the game, I REALLY wanted to like Zarya, but I didn't get her at all when I tried. It was frustrating and I'd just switch off to someone else (hanzo actually back then). Then as I learned the characters more, I finally went back to Zarya, I realized I hadn't been noticing the beam damage and how it was in the center of the sights -_- Then I started to get a feel for her slightly different style of tanking, morem like bruising honestly, and she ended up being my favorite character for...at least a month. I still play her all the time. But I went through that process with every character at one point or another. The learning curve when you first select them can feel insurmountable, but you'll get it. It's very easy to pick, die, and go "Oh, well they've got me countered I won't learn anything" - sometimes it's true, like picking a Bastion into a killer Widowmaker is going to only teach you that that's a bad pick on your part, but generally speaking you will force yourself to learn a lot like this.

Xeteh

I love playing Roadhog when my team decides fuck healers. I waited to pick until it was just me and some other dude who hadn't selected a hero... I'd just played 2-3 games as support so I picked Roadhog, he picked a second Widowmaker.

Got the gold medal for healing though!

Baleoce

As a former FFXI Bard, you just sold me on trying Lucio out, I've not had the chance to try out his abilities yet.

One thing I'd suggest for sure, is go into character control settings and change his crossfade from toggle to hold. It means more regen uptime. It's really fun. You basically choose between Paeon, and Mazurka, then there's an ability that improves them greatly that is on a pretty low recharge. Other than that you get to piss people off with your right click which punts them away from you. Funny to do when your opponent is on a map edge. His left click does a fair bit of damage too.

pigeon

Banned

I think that this is mainly just low-information players. There are quite a few players on live right now who clearly didn't play in the beta, so they don't necessarily know, for example, that Lucio is even a healer.

Lucio is also very strong (I would either reduce his left click damage or his self-healing), but I think most of what's going on is just a little bit of game knowledge making a big difference.

Kouichi

Anyone have some tips for playing Hanzo? I keep trying to play him, but I'm just so awful at aiming and I die so easily. I never feel like I'm helping in any way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom