• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the best way to group up with PS4 Gaffers? I started a party in the PS4 community last night and nobody joined. The only other party in the community was full. I tried inviting people from the Google Doc but everyone was either partied up or ignored the invite.

I'll be on around 7:30 EST if anyone wants to party up.

PSN: Afrodium

Are you in the group chat?

If not ask to be added in the comm wall.

How should I be using Mercy? I keep dying. I was trying to stick by this one Reinhardt but the guy kept wandering off on his own. Is there a particular character I wanna buff or stay on to make sure they don't die?

Nah as a Mercy you have to gauge each encounter and each ally on a situational basis.

Normally don't try to stick to one character, that just forces you in very difficult positions that will likely end in your death.

If you see a situation go bad and allies are dropping like flies, there is no shame in booking it back to spawn to regroup. You're not going to win most 1 vs 1s sadly lol.

Orca

I was a little disappointed to get voted all the way to epic and...nothing. I had kind of expected an achievement for that lol

I should really look at the Achievement/Trophy list to see what it's like.

I must find all the good Bastions who wait until my deflect is done then murder me...
Pain they are. A few early shurikens before you run in will help.

Was using Genji for the first time last night. The most satisfaction I had was deflecting Reapers ult in two different games.

I did it to Bastion but the first time I deflected the Reaper ult I was like...I understand now.

It feels so good.

The best today was when i deflected Mcrees flash bang which stunned him and mercy behind healing him. Tracer comes forward while reflect still up shooting and so i kill tracer and mcree with her own bullets then finish off mercy with a dash.

PAsoep7.jpg

I was like gdamn

Satch

Banned
How should I be using Mercy? I keep dying. I was trying to stick by this one Reinhardt but the guy kept wandering off on his own. Is there a particular character I wanna buff or stay on to make sure they don't die?

phollow your pharah around :))))))))))))))))))))

Line_HTX

All you need to to is get behind a wall or box or like... anything really.
Although actually don't because I like getting play of the game

I can't run to cover fast enough before it explodes. I already commited sudoku twice.

But at least I took a few enemies with me, hahaha

What does that shield do? Protect your front side from projectiles for a few seconds with 10 second cooldown?

After about 20 chests between me and the gf, we've only gotten one item that was better than blue. And it was money. We must have terrible luck, seeing what some of you guys have already gotten.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
If Tracer is on defense on Weekly Brawl, there's basically nothing you can do.

Dreavus

stay back ( the mos timportant one imo)

Heal everyone in sight

Damage boost if you see everyone is healed up

Use her shift to run the fuck away from a bad situation

Be prepared to get people focusing on you ( i've had a shitload of genji's, DVA, winstons... rush in the whole group just to kill me lol)

Her gun is actually quite decent, try getting headshots with it if someone is in your face trying to kill you

Also, use her REZ even if it would only rez 1 person. Better than nothing. It builds up super fast anyways!

Hmm, I like these.

I almost always try and get 2 people from my resurrect though. Maybe that's just me being greedy since it doesn't seem to pan out too often. It does seem to charge damn fast.

TrueBlue

I'mma gonna wait a week or so before getting this, let the honeymoon phase pass. :p

Really enjoyed the beta, mind. Ready to give it a shot, so I'm glad to see such praise.

Mein is the best tank in the game.

It's the only conclusion I can draw after many games of having teams chase me halfway across the map and somehow I still survive.

This is also the same reason she's great for distractions.

Ranmo

Pain they are. A few early shurikens before you run in will help.

It feels so good.

The best today was when i deflected Mcrees flash bang which stunned him and mercy behind healing him. Tracer comes forward while reflect still up shooting and so i kill tracer and mcree with her own bullets then finish off mercy with a dash.

You...you just described an action hero movie scene to me. That's sounds exhilarating.

Played against a full team of Winstons on Mumbari, that was... different, lol. Rolled them until one of them switched to Lucio and another to Pharah, right at the end; they actually put up a decent-ish fight after that. Justice still rained from above tho.

Have we praised enough how goddamn beautiful this game is? It's like you can feel all the textures.
The character textures are a little disappointing imo. During close ups they appear really low res. I assume they are heavily compressed due to needing to load them in at high speed when people switch, and accommodating for peoples' different outfit selections too.

Still overall gorgeous though.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Matchmaking needs work, I had a pretty bad session tonight. I was playing with a friend and we got matched vs a 6 stack multiple times. Also, it feels like they're using the same system as CoD where they put good players with absolutely terrible team mates to try and even out the team which is horrible, it's impossible to carry 4 people who are allergic to the objective.

Wigdogger

For Mercy play, her Guardian Angel skill (in my opinion) is absolutely vital to playing the character right. As I'm healing/buffing, I'm using that skill to hop across the objective to another group of two teammates, and then I fly up to a vertical teammate when stuff gets hairy. If you have your timing right, you can properly heal 2-3 people while they duke it out, and then fly up after a teammate who's dealing with a sniper/harasser, effectively healing them and keeping them in the fight. By that time, you might have an Ult, which you can then rez at least two people with, allowing a good amount of time on the point/payload.

As others have said, buff tanks and Soldier 76 and folks like that when healing isn't needed, but heal tanks and others while dancing around the objective.

Then again, I'm digging Lucio a lot. All of the classes are great!

solomon

Was having a ton of fun but the power wen't out at one of my friends house and his PSU died, so currently trying to fix that :( .

Boogdud

F off Blizzard. Full team revive as Mercy in the last 59 seconds of a defend match to save the game and McCree and his no-skill super gets POTG.

Really?

F off Blizzard. Full team revive as Mercy in the last 59 seconds of a defend match to save the game and McCree and his no-skill super gets POTG.

Really?

Yeah, POTG algorithms need work. Ive had clutch ice walls and super freezes that absolutly won the game but it went to some fucking 3 kill bastion or some torbjorn.

Mattenth

Is there any bonus to playing in the Brawl? Hearthstone gives out a free pack, for example. SC2 gives out a first-win bonus each week for mutators.

Wanderer5

Okay Lucio really clicked for me now, and I just loving him. Maybe not as strong in healing (well direct wise least through) and lacks damage buff that Mercy has, but I dig Lucio passive buffs/boosts to multiple people and that he can actually hold on his own in fights more in ways.

Xater

Yeah, POTG algorithms need work. Ive had clutch ice walls and super freezes that absolutly won the game but it went to some fucking 3 kill bastion or some torbjorn.

Is it even possible to get a POTG with something that does not involve kills? I have never seen that happen.

Boke1879

Okay Lucio really clicked for me now, and I just loving him. Maybe not as strong in healing and lacks damage buff that Mercy has, but I also like Lucio passive buffs/boosts and that he can actually hold on his own in fights more in ways.

Yup. Using him now and I'm really liking him and his AOE healing, and that is ult gives out shielding. Idk. I guys I love being a support character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom