• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just played a game where in the first round the other team capped the point to 99% and my team managed to win from 0%. Second round was a tense back and forth which went into overtime at 99% again. This game is awesome.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I've seen Lucio PotG though.

Also Symmetra but that was because of her turrets.

Lucio usually does it via the alt fire off the map. I am guessing whatever they do behind to scenes to pick PotG is heavily weighted towards environmental kills since you can see it just with one or two even if someone else wiped the team.

Wanderer5

Well then shed a sad tear for me, because I had no idea. Game hasn't even been live 24 hours so you have to realize not everyone is going to know everything. I still have to tell Symmetra players they can give shields to everyone occasionally, not that big of a deal.

Does the game even do well to show that it can heal? It seems like it barely does and that you can miss that fact. Even then through, people show be close by as much as possible to keep moving the payload anyway, so. *shrug*

Zemm

Why is this game so good? How is this game so good?

I didn't play the beta at all so kinda went in blind outside of good word of mouth, but it's the most fun online shooter I've played since the glory days of early TF2 (it kind of went to shit when it went F2P imo).

The best thing is I can play with people who are better than me, and people who are kinda new to the genre since there's so many classes with a wide-ranging skill level required to play them. It's just perfectly balance. I've yet to run into anything after 5 hours that feels broken (I guess that's what a proper beta does for you).

I also love how snappy everything is, the menus, movement feels great, shooting feels great, no bugs, it has been a perfect launch and in this day and age that is so fucking refreshing. The Blizzard polish can never be under-appreciated.

I also love how snappy everything is, the menus, movement feels great, shooting feels great, no bugs, it has been a perfect launch and in this day and age that is so fucking refreshing. The Blizzard polish can never be under-appreciated.

Yeah, you definitely lose patience with games that have laggy menus after playing OW.
dirty bomb

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Does the game even do well to show that it can heal? It seems like it barely does and that you can miss that fact. Even then through, people show be close by as much as possible to keep moving the payload anyway, so. *shrug*

Yeah to be fair there I don't think it's common knowledge that the payload heals. A lot of people don't seem to pay much attention to their teams medics right now so you could mistake it for a lucio heal or something.

That's another reason why Reinhardt is so clutch for pushing, even if you bust the shield he can typically just wait out and heal up while the shield regens.

daxy

Really feel I do my best work as Mercy, coming from lots of medic play in TF2.

Loving Mercy too after having put the majority of my time in TF2 into the Medic. Funny that they're both German.

Wish there was a dedicated MEDIC (MEEEDIC) button. It annoyed the shit out of me in TF2 at first, but it grew on me.

I noticed some confussion regarding eliminations. Eliminations are kills where you get get at least assist credit, if not killing blow. Finals blows are well... when you get last hit. Solo kills are when you 100%->0% a player. When it says you eliminated someone, I believe the number that pops up is the % contribution and how much is added to your on fire total.

Schryver

The fact that it automatically queues you into another match with no built-in leave queue button is the only annoying thing about this game so far

Loxley

Holy crap I finally got a POTG, and as support no less :D It was on that Nepal map with the capture point in the middle, I knocked half of the opposing team off the point and into the abyss with Lucio's right-click repulsor attack.

We lost that match horribly, but I was a happy camper. Even got voted MVP because of it. Now, would I like to be voted MVP because I healed the most? Or had the most objective points? Sure, but fuck it, for now I'll take what I can get.

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
Super annoying to have a bastion be the play of the game, only to have it be some super boring gameplay of bastion sitting in a corner killing a few people.

Loving Mercy too after having put the majority of my time in TF2 into the Medic. Funny that they're both German.

Wish there was a dedicated MEDIC (MEEEDIC) button. It annoyed the shit out of me in TF2 at first, but it grew on me.
Mercy is Swiss. No dedicated button, but there is a voice callout on the wheel to request healing.

Ayumi

Feels to me that most just play for their own survival without taking anyone's role, or the team into consideration. But I've only played a little so far, and only with randoms. I can imagine how much better it must be if you play with friends so you can plan, play together and work as a team.

Just played a game where in the first round the other team capped the point to 99% and my team managed to win from 0%. Second round was a tense back and forth which went into overtime at 99% again. This game is awesome.
Niice, well done!

Where should you put symmetra's sentries?
I like putting them where they will hit people in the back, high on walls and ceilings if possible. Usually on the main chokepoint, but sometimes I use them to block lesser used side paths, or just as early warning triggers for those paths.

Mei is a horseshit character whether she's on my team or the enemy team. I cannot stand her.

Props to all the GAF peeps I've played with today for barely using her.

Spookie

15 person kill streak with tracer. Right, yep, I can get behind this character going a billion miles per hour is great fun.

Welp think I just fell in love with Pharah

I can't get over the some what feeble rocket jump after playing solder in TF2 for 600 hours. :(

Sou Da

Above doorways, flanks, protecting your tele, near the payload, etc.

They have such low HP, so you need to place them in odd spots out of sight.

edit: If I find overviews for the maps, I'll mark where I usually place mine.

I like putting them where they will hit people in the back, high on walls and ceilings if possible. Usually on the main chokepoint, but sometimes I use them to block lesser used side paths, or just as early warning triggers for those paths.

I usually put them in bushes or just on odd out of the way props.

Once got a quad kill from sticking them on the payload underneath.

Schryver

There's a big leave button on the top right of the results screen. Unless they changed it from beta.

On PS4? You have to press Start and choose leave game I think. And I feel like if I do it during the results screen it might not save my stats or something so I wait until it loads the next map TT

Any other gafers got groups going?
15 person kill streak with tracer. Right, yep, I can get behind this character going a billion miles per hour is great fun.

I can't get over the some what feeble rocket jump after playing solder in TF2 for 600 hours. :(
I think literally just spent most of the game in the air, and got player of the game.

Bsigg12

I had a 36 elimination round with her earlier. Sometimes you just get in the zone with her boost and rewinds that's your building your ult up and sticking it on people left and right. It's amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom