• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheYanger

Thanks.

Also, Hanzo's hitbox must be pretty generous or something. All the posts I've seen about how to play him seems to be "don't try to aim your shots directly at the player, just in their general vicinity".

That's more for scattershot. If you hit someone directly with scatter shot it's like shooting a normal arrow, if you scatter it right at their feet they're going to die (all the arrows will bounce into their face).

Not liking this game, seems like just about every other only shooter but a bit slower. Don't usally like pvp game but figured give this one a try but feels like all the rest. I was super surprised by battleborn, guess should have stopped there and not wasted my cash on this. Funny I love the movies they put out, to bad that's not a game...

If there is one thing this game is NOT, it's slow. This is a very fast paced game. The average match length is like 7 minutes.

Try playing more than one character.

The End

I wish there was some way to upload highlights to youtube. Just got a reaper teamkill thats easily my 3rd greatest life accomplishment after my two children.

Whales

Banned
How should I be using Mercy? I keep dying. I was trying to stick by this one Reinhardt but the guy kept wandering off on his own. Is there a particular character I wanna buff or stay on to make sure they don't die?

stay back ( the mos timportant one imo)

Heal everyone in sight

Damage boost if you see everyone is healed up

Use her shift to run the fuck away from a bad situation

Be prepared to get people focusing on you ( i've had a shitload of genji's, DVA, winstons... rush in the whole group just to kill me lol)

Her gun is actually quite decent, try getting headshots with it if someone is in your face trying to kill you

Also, use her REZ even if it would only rez 1 person. Better than nothing. It builds up super fast anyways!

Firestorm

I wish there was some way to upload highlights to youtube. Just got a reaper teamkill thats easily my 3rd greatest life accomplishment after my two children.
Yeah I hate that highlights are deleted after you close game too since sometimes I forget to record if there was something cool in my session :(

Nny7229

Any other button swapping you'd recommend? I saw someone mention something about remapping his jump command or something.

Auto wall climb for Hanzo, Genji, and Junkrat's Ult. I was so happy when i figured out that his tire could climb.

Also auto fire for Mercy's heal or whatever it's called, and show health for Soldier 76 and Zarya.

Its still early days so I'm not sure if I can state this as 100% fact for me yet but.....

This may be the best multi player shooter I have ever played

Thank you loot box for letting me end on a high note. Finally some good loot.

JfeqwgP.jpg

Zomba13

Played a bunch earlier with a friend and his friends and we did some themed matched. Full Genji, Full Mei, Full Zarya. Came so close to winning the all Genji and wont the all Mei and all Zarya. Good fun.

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
Have you tried a variety of the characters? What was your experience?

Lucio is the guy I like the most so far, his heal, boost and wall ride. Also played a bit as Winston, the dwarf guy, mech girl and reaper. Only played for about 2hrs so far but nothing so far makes me want to go back.

Slow? Yeah, not at all.

Your guys move slower then something like cod is all I meant. Sure skills can help but there is no universal sprint (or if there is I didn't find it).

Hey guys I found a gearbox dev!

To be fair I've played 1 private match in battleborn pvp. Mostly stick with the story missions. Lvl 38 in that game.

_machine

Damn, I really wasn't expecting my first session to be as fun as it was after only briefly being overwhelmed by the Beta. I generally have always preferred slower shooters (UT2004 being the exception), but the hero mechanics, focus on objective and team (so I don't stare at my K/D) and the overall level of fantastic polish left a good impression on me. I still have trouble finding my around such a large cast of heroes, but I also got grips on a few of them quite fast and the level design felt very good to me for a first impression.

It still might not last that long for me as I like to play and complete a variety of games, but first impressions are great.

sgjackson

Heal everyone in sight

Be prepared to get people focusing on you ( i've had a shitload of genji's, DVA, winstons... rush in the whole group just to kill me lol)

Her gun is actually quite decent, try getting headshots with it if someone is in your face trying to kill you

Also, use her REZ even if it would only rez 1 person. Better than nothing. It builds up super fast anyways!

i'm a multiplayer fps neophyte but i've been playing as mercy and i feel like the biggest indicator of my success so far is how well i'm aware of the opposition and use the map wisely to stay in eyesight of multiple team members while staying out of reach of the opponents, and when i'm actively making an effort at that i do a lot better - gotten a decent number of mvp votes so far.

how much healing should I be averaging in a match? want to make sure i'm doing okay.

Volcynika

Heal everyone in sight

Is the resurrection skill limited to only revive a certain amount of players or is it players a certain distance away? I could've sworn I only have revived one person at a time, maybe just bad spacing?

I wanna get this on pc but I also wanna use a controller. Anyone using a controller and not being dead weight? Just seems like the pc community will be the strongest

Nny7229

Is the resurrection skill limited to only revive a certain amount of players or is it players a certain distance away? I could've sworn I only have revived one person at a time, maybe just bad spacing?

It's distance and how long they have been dead. You get an indicator in the center of your screen telling you how many you will revive if you use it at that moment.

SDCowboy

I must be doing something wrong when healing with Zenyatta. I can usually heal for more, just by coincidence, with Soldier 76. lol

Mugenjin

I wanna get this on pc but I also wanna use a controller. Anyone using a controller and not being dead weight? Just seems like the pc community will be the strongest

If you really want to use a controller you should just get it on PS4. You're gonna gimp yourself so much with it otherwise.

Zemm

I'm on a roll of bad teams with terrible players at the moment :/

Anyone on PC and playing in Europe that wants to get some people together, add me please: Zemme#2316

I must be doing something wrong when healing with Zenyatta. I can usually heal for more, just by coincidence, with Soldier 76. lol

Are you keeping the players you're healing in your line of sight and noticing when it says your orb has returned? Works the same as Discord / debuff.

So many salty people on GAF today about Overwatch being well received, lol.

Going to bed now, had a great time playing the game on launch day.

The hype for this game is making me want to pick it up but I'm really picky with my FPS games. I love how COD, Battlefield and Killing Floor play but I've tried, and can't stand, Team Fortress, Counter Strike and Halo. What does Overwatch feel most similar to?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
about to hit lvl 20, why do loot gods hate me ;_;

wamberz1

The hype for this game is making me want to pick it up but I'm really picky with my FPS games. I love how COD, Battlefield and Killing Floor play but I've tried, and can't stand, Team Fortress, Counter Strike and Halo. What does Overwatch feel most similar to?
You might not like this then. It feels VERY similar to team fortress 2

Afrodium

Banned
What's the best way to group up with PS4 Gaffers? I started a party in the PS4 community last night and nobody joined. The only other party in the community was full. I tried inviting people from the Google Doc but everyone was either partied up or ignored the invite.

I'll be on around 7:30 EST if anyone wants to party up.

PSN: Afrodium

ryanthelion123

Neo Member
So many salty people on GAF today about Overwatch being well received, lol.

Going to bed now, had a great time playing the game on launch day.

I really think it is single player die-hards who feel threatened by standalone multiplayer games. Or those who really don't understand quality over quantity.

What's the best way to group up with PS4 Gaffers? I started a party in the PS4 community last night and nobody joined. The only other party in the community was full. I tried inviting people from the Google Doc but everyone was either partied up or ignored the invite.

I'll be on around 7:30 EST if anyone wants to party up.

PSN: Afrodium

It was probably timing. I know someone from GAF kept inviting me but one time I was already indisposed and the next time he was in a game going long and I didn't have much time left in my evening to stay for it to end.

What's the level cap?

There is none. Once you hit LVL 22, it takes the same amount of experience to level up from then on I believe. Otherwise, you would never be able to collect everything.

If I'm not mistaken, the frame around your level changes every ten levels too.

abundant

I know it won't last forever, but I love destroying newbies with my turret(s) as both Symmetra and Torbjorn.

Had a few Capture Points games with fellow Gaffers where my turret shredded the opposing team.

Satch

Banned
PLAY NICE PLAY PHARAH PLAY NICE PLAY PHARAH PLAY NICE PLAY PHARAH PLAY NICE PLAY PHARAH PLAY NICE PLAY PHARAH PLAY NICE PLAY PHARAH PLAY NICE PLAY PHARAH PLAY NICE PLAY PHARAH PLAY NICE PLAY PHARAH PLAY NICE PLAY PHARAH PLAY NICE PLAY PHARAH PLAY NICE PLAY PHARAH PLAY NICE PLAY PHARAH PLAY NICE PLAY PHARAH PLAY NICE PLAY PHARAH PLAY NICE PLAY PHARAH PLAY NICE PLAY PHARAH PLAY NICE PLAY PHARAH PLAY NICE PLAY PHARAH PLAY NICE PLAY PHARAH PLAY NICE PLAY PHARAH PLAY NICE PLAY PHARAH PLAY NICE PLAY PHARAH PLAY NICE PLAY PHARAH PLAY NICE PLAY PHARAH PLAY NICE PLAY PHARAH PLAY NICE PLAY PHARAH PLAY NICE PLAY PHARAH PLAY NICE PLAY PHARAH PLAY NICE PLAY PHARAH PLAY NICE PLAY PHARAH PLAY NICE PLAY PHARAH PLAY NICE PLAY PHARAH PLAY NICE PLAY PHARAH PLAY NICE PLAY PHARAH PLAY NICE PLAY PHARAH PLAY NICE PLAY PHARAH PLAY NICE PLAY PHARAH PLAY NICE PLAY PHARAH PLAY NICE PLAY PHARAH PLAY NICE PLAY PHARAH PLAY NICE PLAY PHARAH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom