• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuzzyset

Dang, I'll hold off on it for a bit then.

I slightly enjoyed TF2 but it never really hooked me. Overwatch has hooked me immediately, for whatever thats worth.

For Mercy, never be out in open air. Hug the walls and use Fly liberally since the cooldown is so fast. Really don't underestimate the pistol too. It hits like a truck, but the projectiles just go slow so up close it's great. You probably won't win 1v1s, but it can surprise and burst down people before they can escape if you're with someone.

Okay Lucio really clicked for me now, and I just loving him. Maybe not as strong in healing (well direct wise least through) and lacks damage buff that Mercy has, but I dig Lucio passive buffs/boosts to multiple people and that he can actually hold on his own in fights more in ways.

Lucio is amazing. Can definitely hold his own, decent constant heal that can get boosted, amazing mobility and decent damage. Also, drop the effing beat saves so many people in so many situations.

Afrodium

Banned
Is it even possible to get a POTG with something that does not involve kills? I have never seen that happen.

I'm pretty sure PotG is calculated by the highest amount of points in the shortest amount of time, which will almost always be a multi-kill. A Mercy reviving a the entire team can get PotG, but that's about all I've seen for healers/support. I think it's really difficult for the computer to recognize when a game was won due to an ice wall, for instance. Maybe Blizzard will eventually figure it out.

Arcteryx

I'm pretty sure PotG is calculated by the highest amount of points in the shortest amount of time, which will almost always be a multi-kill. A Mercy reviving a the entire team can get PotG, but that's about all I've seen for healers/support. I think it's really difficult for the computer to recognize when a game was won due to an ice wall, for instance. Maybe Blizzard will eventually figure it out.

This. Plus, I think it factors in when it occurred. I've seen the majority of PoTGs be either at the start (like right when you can begin to cap) or end of the match, which makes sense.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
my 66% win rate went down the drain today. I suspect they expect people to go 50/50 as usual with their games, and thats where im closing at now (44 wins in 80 games). Its all downhill now ;_;

Eyeron

Always looking for PS4 peeps. Have mic. Very sick of playing with randoms who scatter and play like it's team death match.

Also, Lucio is my main, apparently. Unless another player selects him, he's my go-to. Don't get the boring sentiment but there's tons of fun to be had with all of them.

PSN: Eyeron80

Apathy

get on the payload
get on the payload
get on the payload

GET ON THE FUCKING PAYLOAD

not sure what I hate more, these morons or the ones that think we need multiple widows

roytheone

This needs to be the theme song for people playing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2XGp5ix8HE

Too many people scared of dying

I mean they keep their regions separate mostly. Look at wow, 10 years and the EU and NA shall never mix

It will still be nice to be able to check my whole friends list in one go. Now I have my desktop client on eu and my overwatch on na so that I can check them both. Its a hassle. Blizzard is pretty damn backwards in a lot of region stuff.

Arcteryx

I saw a Symmerta one cause of that too, while she hid behind a wall lol.

What was the Lucio one like?

I've seen a number of Lucio PoTGs where they knock-backed 3-4 players off a ledge. Super easy on that Greek map.

get on the payload
get on the payload
get on the payload

not sure what I hate more, these morons or the ones that think we need multiple widows

It's really sad that people STILL don't understand that the payload heals when you're near it. Super frustrating having to shout that every game.

Xater

I wouldn't complain about the some of the skins. You just know they are going to introduce new ones, so people keep buying loot boxes.

Oh yeah almost got completely stomped by an all Junkrat and 1mercy team today. My team had 2 pharahs and 2 widowmakers who were terrible.
The only good player on the team was this Zarya.

valeo

Guys, getting a bug where it repeatedly tries to re-join a match but I never actually get to the character select screen.

Would appreciate any help if anyone has had a similar issue. It's basically a game-ender for me. I have never had this problem with Rocket League, CS:GO, TF2 etc.

One other thing I've noticed is that if I alt-tab to try and use Google Chrome/IE to get onto a webpage WHILE in the Overwatch game, it won't work (throws up a DNS error). BUT when I completely quit out of the game, it starts working again.

My PC is in the DMZ and I only have a software firewall (Windows). Everything Overwatch + Battle Net related is allowed through.

1. I play a game, works okay
  2. Match finishes, then tries to start another game
  3. Says 'Searching for game', then says it's connected
  4. Map screen comes up, says map name
  5. Then goes back to 'Searching for game', saying it's connected
  6. Gets stuck in that loop until I quit out
  7. I need to quit completely to desktop and then restart the game to get it to start working

Kinda sad right now; I have a leavers XP penalty for no reason :(

Any ideas about the above, guys? Anyone getting similar? Have tried everything - turned off firewall, turned off hardware accel in battle net, re-installed, added my pc to DMZ etc
etc

Still working perfectly fine in CS:Go/TF2/Rocket League..What makes Overwatch/Battle net different?

Shahadan

I saw a Symmerta one cause of that too, while she hid behind a wall lol.

What was the Lucio one like?

I didn't pay attention for the first one, but the second he used his ultimate and finished off two guys, but I'm not sure if this was because of the combo or cause that game sucked and no one did any multi kill :lol:

Yeah. I like some of the color variations, but Young Genji looks awful and I don't care for Bedouin either.

Same,i think Nomad is alright tho.
Id like skins based off of the story in dragons short. I think those would look cool
rCO36isl.jpg

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Is it even possible to get a POTG with something that does not involve kills? I have never seen that happen.

The POTG system is odd, to say the least.

In a game I was playing in earlier someone who was playing as pharah got POTG for a SINGLE kill (not even ultimate, just 2 rockets). It did make me laugh though, because the person killed was playing as bastion. POTG you killed bastion!

I definitely need to add some of you guys to my friends list when I get home, while I'm playing with like 4 friends everything flows damn well (not that we win everytime, but we play the objective) as soon as only two of us are playing everything turns to shit. Trying to get people to push together and focus on the objective is a fucking pain.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"

In a game I was playing in earlier someone who was playing as pharah got POTG for a SINGLE kill (not even ultimate, just 2 rockets). It did make me laugh though, because the person killed was playing as bastion. POTG you killed bastion!

Was it an ulted Bastion? If you stop an ult that's a shutdown potg.

pigeon

Banned
F off Blizzard. Full team revive as Mercy in the last 59 seconds of a defend match to save the game and McCree and his no-skill super gets POTG.

Really?

I will say that it might not be possible for Blizzard to do, like, a root cause analysis to correctly attribute a won game to one Mercy ult or whatever at the right time.

It would be really nice if they would try, though, because I feel like POTG is mostly pretty troll right now.

get on the payload
get on the payload
get on the payload

It's gotten to the point where I respect players that just throw themselves at the payload in front of enemy fire just so we can stay on overtime.
It's really sad that people STILL don't understand that the payload heals when you're near it. Super frustrating having to shout that every game.
Hi, my name is Zenyatta and I know my glow looks intimidating but rest assure it's safe to stand near me when it happens.

Wanderer5

I almost forgot Lucio has a knockback ability with his gun lol.

I saw a Pharah one, where she killed someone at the objective, went to a small room to heal up and killed a Torbjorn that went after her.XD

Well then shed a sad tear for me, because I had no idea. Game hasn't even been live 24 hours so you have to realize not everyone is going to know everything. I still have to tell Symmetra players they can give shields to everyone occasionally, not that big of a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom