• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT| My Onlywatch Has Ended

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I remember hearing it about Zarya but I don't know that context.

On King's Row, Torbjorn will say (paraphrasing): "The Brits had it right. Omnic rights? Pssh, give me a break."
He's also said something mean to Bastion (deserved tbh).

Lol Tor and Zarya are my 2 most played heroes and I dont remember hearing that. Then again I rarely get zen or bastion on my team

Salarians

So the best "all-team spam" is indeed Soldier 76. I just had a team do it to me on Gibraltar and they rolled the first two checkpoints in like thirty seconds. But then we regrouped and beat them back. So not too bad really.
Losing checkpoints early on but holding out the last one for 5+ minutes and winning is super satisfying. And stressful.

So I found a character I really gel with and it's Lúcio. I just love his play style and mobility. That feel when you amp it up right at the start of a game and everyone is just rushing out is amazing.

Helps that I got lucky and received the legendary Hippityhop skin of his as well out of a loot crate. What are people's experiences with him? Any tips from people that use him a lot?

MUnited83

For you.
I often yells at my screen when multiple people get killed by the dragon, or junkrat. I mean, they announce it way before you actually get hit, and by now (I get paired with lvl20+) people should know they have to move. :lol:

By the dragon, yeah, I agree. The tire though? If the junkrat is smart that shit could be coming from anywhere since it can climb walls.

People have some seriously shitty attitudes in pubs today. They keep claiming that their team sucks, or were "Carried". Son, I was on fire the whole match.

So I found a character I really gel with and it's Lúcio. I just love his play style and mobility. That feel when you amp it up right at the start of a game and everyone is just rushing out is amazing.

Helps that I got lucky and received the legendary Hippityhop skin of his as well out of a loot crate. What are people's experiences with him? Any tips from people that use him a lot?
Use his secondary fire often it has good push back, he isnt the strongest to attack with but keep shooting where you can it all adds up

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
People have some seriously shitty attitudes in pubs today. They keep claiming that their team sucks, or were "Carried". Son, I was on fire the whole match.

So like every post here on Gaf complaining about matchmaking then? :3

pigeon

Banned
Junkrat tire is 10 times harder to avoid tha the dragon, and thats being generous

Junkrat's tire is about infinity percent more shootable than Hanzo's dragon.

If you know vaguely where Junkrat is, and you hear him yell, just turn in the direction the tire's coming from and start firing wildly.

Calcium

Banned
So if you are grouped up can other people hear the group chat or do you have to manually switch to team chat to communicate with randoms?

I've opened 4 or 5 loot cases and have gotten 2 legendary skins, feeling lucky, might have to drop $10 or so on some cases now that I feel lady luck on my side. I got these two skins.

600px-Symmetra_Skin_Devi.jpg

600px-Zenyatta_Skin_Ifrit.jpg

Bogeypop

it's rather, if someone puts someone's id in the site, the stats of that person will be counted

Ah I see. Is there any other site that can do the same thing, but for the majority of the playerbase regardless of the person having been searched? Curious how I actually stack among the entire Tracer playbase now.

BY2K

Membero Americo
The funniest thing to me is seeing people get salty during Arcade Mode.

Of course everything's gonna be bullshit, it's meant to be!

Also, I've never used Lucio's ult so much before playing Arcade Mode. Goddamn nobody ever dies when a Lucio's on the team.

Rhaknar

I've opened 4 or 5 loot cases and have gotten 2 legendary skins, feeling lucky, might have to drop $10 or so on some cases now that I feel lady luck on my side. I got these two skins.

Im split between being happy youre playing this and furious at the hypocrasy since you were one of the people that caused a fucking mod to go "so yeah please dont talk about Overwatch in this thread anymore out of respect for people that dont like it, but feel free to talk about all the other off topic shit you usually do"

But hey good for you that you gave it a shot I guess

Learn how to move with him

http://youtu.be/RAwGdY8kI18

Im split between being happy youre playing this and furious at the hypocrasy since you were one of the people that caused a fucking mod to go "so yeah please dont talk about Overwatch in this thread anymore out of respect for people that dont like it, but feel free to talk about all the other off topic shit you usually do"

But hey good for you that you gave it a shot I guess

I kind of bought it on a whim while at the best buy buying Doom, but still to be fair, the amount of Overwatch talk in the Steam thread was insane, and even though I am enjoying the game I was sort of tired of it drowning out all the other Steam related discussion in the Steam thread.

Well, after my first major Overwatch binge. 160 games played, sitting at 41.9% win rate. Mostly playing by myself and with friends who suck and rage quit.

Top heroes played ranked by time - Roadhog, Soldier: 76, Lúcio, Mercy, and McCree.

For the most part, it has been a great experience. Even with the amount of pub games played, most players do seem to wait before picking their heroes to try and balance the roles out. But on that note, I don't trust any of them to be good and picked some heroes with healing abilities.

Also interested to see what other types of brawls come out. I put in some time, but not a whole lot. I also played vs the AI to try out some new heroes. Hard AI provides a decent challenge if your team is not coordinated.

Rhaknar

I kind of bought it on a whim while at the best buy buying Doom, but still to be fair, the amount of Overwatch talk in the Steam thread was insane, and even though I am enjoying the game I was sort of tired of it drowning out all the other Steam related discussion in the Steam thread.

Yes all the other steam related discussion like EA games or 3DS games or 3ds gifs or xbox one upgrades or ps4 upgrades or uncharted 4 or bloodborne or zelda or sega ports that dont exist on steam or NX. No but youre right dude, it was the Overwatch talk that ruined the thread.

Anyway, its fun right? I cant even describe the game any other way when people ask me, its just...its just fun.

Dad

Played a match on Hanamura where two Hanzos on the team eventually ended up being 5. Halfway through the match the enemy team changed to almost entirely Genjis. It was the most beautiful match this game has ever seen

Durden77

So are character's...excuse me...HEROES' melee attacks different in stats or are they all the same? Like is Winston's melee better than Tracer's or what?

Yes all the other steam related discussion like EA games or 3DS games or 3ds gifs or xbox one upgrades or ps4 upgrades or uncharted 4 or bloodborne or zelda or sega ports that dont exist on steam or NX. No but youre right dude, it was the Overwatch talk that ruined the thread.

Anyway, its fun right? I cant even describe the game any other way when people ask me, its just...its just fun.

I get were you're coming from, I wasn't trying to sound rude or anything.

Yeah it's really fun, I'm having a lot more fun than I did with the beta, even though it's the same thing weirdly enough, it's a great game to play while listening to podcasts and stuff.

Rhaknar

So are character's...excuse me...HEROES' melee attacks different in stats or are they all the same? Like is Winston's melee better than Tracer's or what?

Flat 30 dmg or so ive been told

I haven't been this head over heels for a multiplayer game in maybe ten years.

Just rolling through Genji/Tracer/Reaper/McCree/Widowmaker/Junkrat now depending on context.

Also threw in a Bastion game because I got the steampunk legendary skin. So much trolling.

Rhaknar

I get were you're coming from, I wasn't trying to sound rude or anything.

Yeah it's really fun, I'm having a lot more fun than I did with the beta, even though it's the same thing weirdly enough, it's a great game to play while listening to podcasts and stuff.

Dont add shit to my quote about me sounding rude lol. Some of you guys made us feel like borderline pieces of shit for playing a videogame, like we were playing rapelay 2 or something, especially badger and some other fucker, I forget who.

Oh yes, I am very salty about that whole thing :p

Do add me tho Rhaknar#1946

Dont add shit to my quote about me sounding rude lol. Some of you guys made us feel like borderline pieces of shit for playing a videogame, like we were playing rapelay 2 or something, especially badger and some other fucker, I forget who.

Oh yes, I am very salty about that whole thing :p

Do add me tho Rhaknar#1946

Lol that quote thing was my fault. :)

Dezzy

This game is so frustrating. I actually really like it, but I've won 3 games out of 16. Matchmaking is just not at all friendly to beginners. The TTK is incredibly fast, and I'm usually dead before I even see who shot at me. When it shows the kill cam, the player always has insane reaction time and aim. I want to enjoy this game, but it keeps matching me with way better players than me.

This game is so frustrating. I actually really like it, but I've won 3 games out of 16. Matchmaking is just not at all friendly to beginners. The TTK is incredibly fast, and I'm usually dead before I even see who shot at me. When it shows the kill cam, the player always has insane reaction time and aim. I want to enjoy this game, but it keeps matching me with way better players than me.

It's a fun game. But I think there are a lot of things that are easily exploitable that you don't find on maps in shooters made by companies with experience making shooters. Also a complete lack of ethics among the player base. Camping spawn rooms and shit like that. The only thing you can do is be as cheap as possible.

Rhaknar

It's a fun game. But I think there are a lot of things that are easily exploitable that you don't find on maps in shooters made by companies with experience making shooters. Also a complete lack of ethics among the player base. Camping spawn rooms and shit like that. The only thing you can do is be as cheap as possible.

Ethics in competitive games? You also complain about fireball spam being cheap in street fighter dont you freeza :3

Speely

Banned

That's just where the game is right now. Matchmaking doesn't really apply until you put in some time. There are a lot of great players focused on Overwatch right now, and tons of them are quite adept at twitch mastery. Keep playing and wait for the game to put you in matches against others in the same boat (like me o_O)

McCree ult seems fine to me. Almost impossible to use it to its full potential in regular games, people are usually all over the place, the game shows you where he is so one of them will most likely see you if you're trying to kill multiples. I've only pulled it off well by flanking or coming up behind the enemies from the direction of their spawn point and doing it.

My point isn't that he consistently gets kills with it, it's that for six seconds you can't even take a glance in his direction safely.

I hate people who start pouting 2 minutes into a game and try to fuck it up for everyone else.

Had a guy playing Mercy who wouldn't heal us so we couldn't stay up on the objective, goes "o boy another group who wont play the objective" and then went bastion, sat waaaaaay back halfway through the map and argued with someone for 5 minutes.

At about the two minute mark, I'm pretty acutely aware of how the game is going to go as a Mercy player. If I'm alone on the point for a decent portion in a group of randoms, I just quit. I politely tell my teammates they are garbage, wish them the best, and find a new match. No point in getting salty for 10 minutes just to lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom