• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

jviggy43

People going to realize he's not as OP and wonder why when they were only watching Seagull play Doomfist in public games.

Every new character will take time to learn in order to be worthwhile in comp; Sombra looked super OP as well when they showed her but that perception changed really quickly. If he truly is OP, we'll know in like a month or two of play in comp.

finalflame

Guys I got 13 reports in 3 games and I got BANNED LUL

BLIZZARD WHY

Gonna be "VOLVO PLS WHY AM I IN LOW-PRI" all over again. The answer is probably: because you deserve to be.

With that said, I hope Blizzard over time develops something like DOTA's Conduct Summary and Behavior Score. There's a lot Blizz could learn from Valve. You're not going to curb all toxicity, but you can at least make sure people understand why they're getting punished (even though that should be obvious to them).

Uhhhhhhh did we know that they were adjusting respawns for 2CP or am I just forgetting. It's awesome either way.

A small change I also like a lot is ties won't bring down win percentage in the stats. I'd have sub 50% win rate on heroes that had more wins than losses.

No Summer Games sucks but I'm super excited to play when I get home later.

It's up now on EU (PS4).

I don't know if it was a coincidence but I entered the game and got a message to restart since a update was available and only then I could update the application. Before that when I did the "check update" it would always gave me the message "the latest update is already installed".

finalflame

Uhhhhhhh did we know that they were adjusting respawns for 2CP or am I just forgetting. It's awesome either way.

A small change I also like a lot is ties won't bring down win percentage in the stats. I'd have sub 50% win rate on heroes that had more wins than losses.

No Summer Games sucks but I'm super excited to play when I get home later.

Yah I'm not sure either, but honestly, I'm glad they are. Even after the adjustments made previously it was kind of stupid how some fights could go in the defending team's favor on B during 2CPs.

LiK

Don't say this! I haven't played in forever hoping I decay back down to being able to play with the group. 😂

Plus Fortnite is really good, that isn't helping.

Yea, decay back! We were a great stack that night. Did so well together.

Fortnite is good? Another game I might pick up during a sale.

rulerk1

Changing my Mercy settings to make GA independent of healing targets is a game changer. The jukes are real. Mercy is fun again!

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
first loot box 1 blue the rest white but not a single duplicate.

Edit: second loot box the same.

Preparing to download is so fucking slow. C'mon already

5Ltz1EH.gif

Veelk

Banned
BTW, it's a year into the game now, and Blizzard still hasn't removed being kicked out of the practice range for being afk.

Even though I'm not afk and just trying to figure out what controls are best for the character.

Dammit, blizzard.

Ramirez

Yea, decay back! We were a great stack that night. Did so well together.

Fortnite is good? Another game I might pick up during a sale.

Has some performance issues, but is supposedly getting a Pro patch very soon. But yea, the gameplay loop is extremely fun, IMO.

Doomfist is frustrating to use with controller since his attacks are inversely mapped to the triggers. He shoots with his left hand, but you need to pull the right trigger to do that, and vice versa for his punch. Doesn't make sense to me. I got used to it, but I wish there was a way to switch around those controls for just Doomfist.

Game seems bugged (XBO) after the update. Can't get into practice range, then in arcade says I found a game and nothing happens.

Having this issue, too.

Nazo

Doomfist is frustrating to use with controller since his attacks are inversely mapped to the triggers. He shoots with his left hand, but you need to pull the right trigger to do that, and vice versa for his punch. Doesn't make sense to me. I got used to it, but I wish there was a way to switch around those controls for just Doomfist.

Having this issue, too.

You can, in the controls settings you need to select Doomfist on the top right had corner and change his bindings accordingly.

Having this issue, too.

You can remap the controls for each hero seperately

Veelk

Banned

Just map his controls otherwise?

I swapped the triggers and can confirm that it's much more intuitive with the controller. Recommend it.

Seems cool so far, not sure how good I'll be with him. Only thing so far is his seismic slam seems weird, hard to hit and I don't know what the numbers mean.

Apathy

The training bots with 200hp die to a half charge doomfist right click.

Sorry hog, you needed to be nerfed for this. God damn I hate blizzard "balance"

Veelk

Banned
I'm quite optimistic for this new patch but I hope you guys are ready for a practically impossible to stop Grav-Doomfist combo.

"Practically"?

It is unstoppable. Once you're in the grab, there's literally nothing you can possibly do as almost any character. Mei can ice block and reaper can wraith out, but that's evading it, not stopping it. Orisa can fortify I guess, but that's tanking it, and she'll still likely die to the combined damage. There's nothing that can actually stop it though. Most of your team is going to die to this thing since now if you're caught in a grav, you're basically f'ed.

I really dislike that there is literally nothing you can do to Doomfist once he's in the air, and I'm guessing that's something that's gonna be patched out eventually.

I swapped the triggers and can confirm that it's much more intuitive with the controller. Recommend it.

Seems cool so far, not sure how good I'll be with him. Only thing so far is his seismic slam seems weird, hard to hit and I don't know what the numbers mean.

Did the same thing, also swapped L1 and R1.

Veelk

Banned
Holy shit, is anyone else's PS4 game unstable as hell right now?

I can't get into any QP game right now or arcade. I'm not even attempting it with Comp.

I can't even get into the practice range right now without a big wait time.

Then when I do, it's laggy and buggy as hell. The practice range.

Lucio ult?

It helps but Lucio ult can't reliably protect a team from grav as is right now.

"Practically"?

It is unstoppable. Once you're in the grab, there's literally nothing you can possibly do as almost any character. Mei can ice block and reaper can wraith out, but that's evading it, not stopping it. Orisa can fortify I guess, but that's tanking it, and she'll still likely die to the combined damage. There's nothing that can actually stop it though. Most of your team is going to die to this thing since now if you're caught in a grav, you're basically f'ed.

I really dislike that there is literally nothing you can do to Doomfist once he's in the air, and I'm guessing that's something that's gonna be patched out eventually.

Practically referring to Lucio it and the few ways you can still avoid it.

I love Zarya as a character and am really looking forward to playing Doomfist but I truly hate how little counter-play there is to that combo.

Holy shit, is anyone else's PS4 game unstable as hell right now?

I can't get into any QP game right now or arcade. I'm not even attempting it with Comp.

I can't even get into the practice range right now without a big wait time.

Then when I do, it's laggy and buggy as hell. The practice range.

Same for me. I'm just getting errors everywhere.

Top Bottom