• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

rackham

Banned
Been loving Mayhem mode lately. I love playing as Ana. She's not very OP but I love spamming her grenades. Zarya, Tracer, Doomfist, and Winston are godly in this mode with decent players

Yukinari

When you play comp and you get Oasis but you smile a bit because now its only gonna be 2 rounds of suffering as opposed to 3.

Seriously fuck Oasis in the ass.

I'm getting sick and fucking tired of being put into death matches (solo or team) that are already half way through.

Yesterday I went into a solo death match in Dorado where the leader had 14 kills. I leave. Go into a team one that's at 15-23. I leave. And then I go straight into that first Dorado death match again.

Sort it out!

bs000

I'm getting sick and fucking tired of being put into death matches (solo or team) that are already half way through.

Yesterday I went into a solo death match in Dorado where the leader had 14 kills. I leave. Go into a team one that's at 15-23. I leave. And then I go straight into that first Dorado death match again.

Sort it out!

i joined a game like that and finished in first. it was a fun time

get a 5 man res
junkrat immediately gets a quad rip tire kill

only_supports_will_understand_by_splashbrush-daiqgah.jpg

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Man, I get the worst people in team deathmatch. Had a game where I was distracting a Dva with her matrix up while a teammate just walked away when they were behind her. That shit kept happening over and over throughout the match, not only that, but he always went off by himself and got murdered. It's amazing was little people pay attention to their surroundings in this game.

Ayup. The map design is abysmal. The meta problem doesn't come from hero design, it comes mostly from the level design. Yet the devs seem completely against going back to the drawing board to fix existing maps. So 2/3 of the heroes are doomed to stay unused because of this stubbornness.

I was hoping it'd get better as it went on (just like TF2's launch maps were pretty trash), but the new maps (like three in a year lol) have pretty much the same design philosophy applied to them. Granted, they're slightly more open, but not by much.
I wish they would actually crib the most fun game type of Team Fortress 2 and make a 5CP map. Would allow for a little more variety than one big team blob vs. another at the integral chokes.

The counter for Tracer is learning how to aim. At lower ELOs for people with terrible aim she might be hard to counter, but as you get into any reasonably skilled ELO range Tracers have to be exponentially more skilled to have any effectiveness.

Shes been basically untouched since the game released, she is one of the most balanced heroes in the game.
The counter for Tracer is generally aiming better than the Tracer, but she has the ability to dictate the encounter because unlike most characters she has a skill of variable use, which are usually the most disruptive things in the game due to most everything else being a static one and done cooldown deal, as well as a higher base movement speed. She's perhaps the strongest solo character for that reason. Though I imagine they'd be hesitant to touch her even if she was a thumb too good would be for the same reason they plaster her everywhere and shower her with the most stuff, someone waifus her hard on the dev team and managed to get her in the forefront of it all.

BigDug13

The counter for Tracer is learning how to aim. At lower ELOs for people with terrible aim she might be hard to counter, but as you get into any reasonably skilled ELO range Tracers have to be exponentially more skilled to have any effectiveness.

Shes been basically untouched since the game released, she is one of the most balanced heroes in the game.

Which means there are zero counters for Tracer on console unless you buy an XIM4 and break out your mouse and keyboard. A good Tracer seems nearly impossible to kill on there.

Finished the rest of my placement matches this morning...

Bronze again, suckers! 1422! :p

Won the first three matches, lost the next six, then won a close final match to finish at 4/10. At first, when people would ask me to switch I'd oblige them, thinking "sure, I suck equally with almost every character." About halfway into my losing streak though, I stopped caring and decided to pick whomever I wanted instead. Also, we lost a match when half the team left after the first round's loss; most of the opposing team pushed forward to spawn camp while a few remained behind to watch the point.

Shredderi

Competitive is straight up trash this season. My winrate is about 15%. That's not supposed to happen right? It was 50% every last season. Also these stupid fucking genji smurf fucks can go fuck themselves with a cactus fucking losers had to buy the game a second time in order to get opponents who they can dominate again. /notevenmadnonatatall.

i too have 3 wins until plat. i hit 2499, then, typically, lost 3 straight matches. took a break off it, may try again later. dps/heal main. sometimes i tank too.
Lol someone on the team saw I had the rapid discord trophy and I have no stars ( I'm lvl 36) and assumed I was a Smurf lol.
People checking my profile during the match

I do better solo than I do with friends. What about you guys?

Seasons 2,3,4 I was solo mostly, hit plat season 4. Season 5 was a mix of both but more solo, barely hit 2400.

This season I've had good luck solo and 2-3 stack with a little 4-stack thrown in.

Hit a season high 2649 solo this morning, but lost 2 in a row against the same 4 stack and I'm 2604.

Any PC players wanna team up for some comp later tonight? I need to climb back over 2000 SR, and I get zero teamwork when solo queuing. My QP games have been better.

Deathmatch may have delivered me some of the worst spawns I've experienced in my gaming life today but it was consistently fun times with numerous successes so I'll let it slide.

I felt such elation racing to first place as Zen against a Genji when tied at 19, we ended up opposite each other on the ascended columns on the exterior of the chateau with another Genji in between us, I discorded him and just barely sniped my rival to the punch right in front of him.
And then a PotG for extra smuggery.

Deathmatch is basically keeping this game alive for me, which is kinda telling of the state of things right now.

Jesus christ PSN is garbage. Between Whats New never updating my overwatch stuff and Players Met being stick a day or two behind. Xbox can't be nearly as bad as this crap.

Chance

Perfect 2500. Time to climb to diamond. Is it easier to do on PS4 as Solo zen because no one else seem to play support lol

Zen got me into low plat in S2. This season I did Tracer, Mercy and flex during placements and hit 2700. I really should play comp more...

Today in Overwatch, Nepal:

Me: "What are you doing?"

*My team avoided all of the enemy and stood there at the their spawn*

"Spawn Camping"

Me: "Genius, they have to die first!!"

randome

I'm convinced pharah is the way to easily get into high ranks. I think I'm gonna practice using her exclusively. If there's a pharah on the opposite team our chances to win goes down like 50%.

I'm convinced pharah is the way to easily get into high ranks. I think I'm gonna practice using her exclusively. If there's a pharah on the opposite team our chances to win goes down like 50%.

Pharah-Mercy is a problem, but I don't usually have much trouble with Pharah alone in Gold. Maybe my playing mainly Zen and DVa helps?

DR2K

Banned
As it should be. Fuck Mercy

Who thought btw that it was a good idea to reduce widow hook cd to 8 sec. How are you supposed to get to her now?

Monkey cool down of 5 seconds vs widow a cool down of 8 seconds. DVA cool down 4 seconds vs widow cool down of 8 seconds.

Pick one of those characters for an easy kill?

Nepenthe

Who thought btw that it was a good idea to reduce widow hook cd to 8 sec. How are you supposed to get to her now?

I mean, either continually pressure her with accurate shots (most Widows can't aim and will crumble on focus) or just use a character with high mobility and can get in her face to force her automatic out. Even if she's not dead, a Widow that's not stationary and shooting is better for your team than one that is.

I liked the first few months of this game where people actually seemed to care a little bit about team composition.

Now it's just instalock DPS characters and to fuck with everyone else.

maomaoIYP

Finally finished placement on my third account.
8-2, 3226 SR, 200 SR from where I stopped in S5.
My alt which had 7-3 placed 3 SR higher lol.
Got to enjoy this while it lasts, there must be very few people playing or something.
tZJtIfl.jpg

randome

Finally finished placement on my third account.
8-2, 3226 SR, 200 SR from where I stopped in S5.
My alt which had 7-3 placed 3 SR higher lol.
Got to enjoy this while it lasts, there must be very few people playing or something.
tZJtIfl.jpg

Yeah I'm only 2700 right now and my Reaper was ranked 800 something out of 5xxx last night. Now it's at 900 something out of 6xxx. Haven't played between the times I've checked either. I think overbuff can only rank people who have checked the site.

Top Bottom