• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElyrionX

What people mean about removing the frustration with ranked is that you can give instructions to team mates and if they say they are just trying to have fun or are learning something then they are in the wrong not you.

"Give instructions to team mates"

LOL. I'd like to have some of what you're smoking there. And I'm not sure how them "being in the wrong" is going to lessen the frustration for you.

TalesFromHoth

Neo Member
This is the only answer. Group play is where Overwatch shines the most.

And don't be intimidated by playing with other Gaffers, because we are all supportive and never single out a bad player. (This is on PS4)

I have had a ton of fun with other Gaffers on the PS4, good times. I'm close to hitting level 100, hoping to hit it tonight.
(PSN: morzul)

Zarya is good, but she requires a lot of coordination in order to make use of her barriers effectively and doesn't really have a high enough solo DPS to kill them like a Junkrat would. At least D.Va can push into high DPS with Defense Matrix and clear them out with ult.

LOL. I'd like to have some of what you're smoking there. And I'm not sure how them "being in the wrong" is going to lessen the frustration for you.
it means u can call ur two hanzos pieces of shit without guilt :^)

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I absolutely fucking hate Roadhog, he rages me like no other. Getting hooked through a building/floor/wall and getting one shot saps a part of my soul every time. I think if they fixed whatever causes that I wouldn't hate him so much.

Actual

Are we talking Symetra or Torb? Symetra turrets are super easy to destroy with Winston. Torb's turrets are easy with Winston as well, if you are good with the bubble shield placement.

Reinhardt is pretty good with Torb turrets too. His shield can take enough hits to do at least two fire strikes on it. Obviously, it helps if someone else is shooting from behind the shield.... Surprisingly, a Mercy + Rein combo is a really good turret killer. Her pistol is pretty accurate.

Rad-

winston is terrible vs turrets

if u want a turret killing tank ur pretty much stuck with d.va

Winston is good against one toblerone turret but terrible against multiple ones. Against one he can just jump there and plant shield on top of it and the turret is useless for the next 6 seconds.

I absolutely fucking hate Roadhog, he rages me like no other. Getting hooked through a building/floor/wall and getting one shot saps a part of my soul every time. I think if they fixed whatever causes that I wouldn't hate him so much.

It's the same issue as every other projectile that hits you as you pass a corner. A combination of latency, client update frequency and hit box size. It's just the most obvious because the result is so apparent.

Ivan 3414

winston is terrible vs turrets

if u want a turret killing tank ur pretty much stuck with d.va

He's far from the best, but if you really must

1. Make sure there's no one around the area of the turret who can kill you/disrupt your plan (Torjborn you can possibly handle)
2. Rocket jump to the turret
3. Put down your bubble shield, making sure to place it so that the turret isn't inside
4. hold down fire button til turrt is ded

Your bubble shield can handle a single Level 2 turret's fire and it will last long enough for you to take the turret down. If Torjborn is there he'll come after you, and with some leaping around idiotically you can take him out, unless he's a bad Torjborn and just continues to bang out his turret, in which case your Tesla Gun will take him out and his turret.

I don't plan on playing that much ranked. If the idea of listening to what other people say to do with them expecting you to listen makes you think they are on crack then it's probably not the ideal for you either.

"Why am I the only one on the ****ing point!?"

Lol this game.

I'm not even good but once I had a match with a capture the point style map (night map, can't remember the name), the objective in not in the middle, kinda on the side. No one, I repeat, no one went there to capture it. Me as Mercy and a D.va got it and held it for the whole round, we had nothing to do at all.

I'm like "where is everyone? What are they doing?"

LiK

I think everyone needs to turn on kill feed. It helps to know who dies especially when the enemy team uses an Ult. Kinda bothers me when the team is confused how many people died after an Ult. Just use the damn kill feed. It also helps you know how well your team is doing killing the enemy team. I will never turn it off ever again.

Whales

Banned
Unless someone else has already picker her, Symmetra is my "go-to" for Defense on Hollywood, King's Row, Anubis and occasionally elsewhere.

I need to start working her in to KoTH maps, because I believe she can be beneficial on those also, depending on team composition.

She "clicks" for me in that I really like the strategy involved with her teleporter and turret placement and I also enjoy the fact that her weapon is quite unique. She's one of my favorites right now.

If your team manages to get the point on KOTH first and you're symmetra, then yes she is awesome. She makes it 500x harder for the other team to get the point, and a well placed tele means someone is always contesting

If your team doesn't have the point capped? She's almost worthless

I think everyone needs to turn on kill feed. It helps to know who dies especially when the enemy team uses an Ult. Kinda bothers me when the team is confused how many people died after an Ult. Just use the damn kill feed. It also helps you know how well your team is doing killing the enemy team. I will never turn it off ever again.

Yeah why is it not on by default...

Mr. Robot

Funny you say that, just the other day I was in a pub team full of Reinhardts and it was the funniest match I've ever had - and we won.

On the weekly brawl with random heroes, we got 4 Reinhardts, 3 of us went out with our shields, which confused the other team, i think it could have worked if we didnt scatter up when someone got behind the shields.

maouvin

"Why am I the only one on the ****ing point!?"

Lol this game.

I'm pretty sure that sometimes my team gets murdered on my blind spots, then the enemy team goes away for a while to make me think "why am I alone on the point if I was heading a push?" and then come back to kill me.
Because my team wouldn't just leave me, no sir.

I'm pretty sure that's a Michael Scott quote.

The man, the legend

xByII.jpg

R0ckman

I had a game where it was me and Reinhardt on the point and the rest of the team was respawning. He charges off the point and leaves me (Mercy) to get murdered.

This one game on hanamura I was on defense and we were on the 2nd point doing well for a while. I was Pharah and was kicking ass, keeping a Hanzo and Widow from the perimeter of objective, I killed the Hanzo turn around and see a Lucio, Soilder and Genji on point (their tank had recently been killed), no indication of supers wiping my team, completely stupified, I fly around looking for the reason my team just vanished from the point, forgetting to use my super to deal with them they take over and win the game.

nOoblet16

He's far from the best, but if you really must

1. Make sure there's no one around the area of the turret who can kill you/disrupt your plan (Torjborn you can possibly handle)
2. Rocket jump to the turret
3. Put down your bubble shield, making sure to place it so that the turret isn't inside
4. hold down fire button til turrt is ded

Your bubble shield can handle a single Level 2 turret's fire and it will last long enough for you to take the turret down. If Torjborn is there he'll come after you, and with some leaping around idiotically you can take him out, unless he's a bad Torjborn and just continues to bang out his turret, in which case your Tesla Gun will take him out and his turret.

Yea the turret won't do enough damage to destroy the shield, it has 600HP and it takes quite some time to chew through that, then you have Winston's 525HP. But if someone is around them you are in for a trade with the turret but that holds true for everyone who gets up close. Gimli has quite a lot of health and has a powerful gun especially against tanks (since it's easier to land all pellets from his alt on a tank), so he can fuck things up good.

RedFury

This one game on hanamura I was on defense and we were on the 2nd point doing well for a while. I was Pharah and was kicking ass, keeping a Hanzo and Widow from the perimeter of objective, I killed the Hanzo turn around and see a Lucio, Soilder and Genji on point (their tank had recently been killed), no indication of supers wiping my team, completely stupified, I fly around looking for the reason my team just vanished from the point, forgetting to use my super to deal with them they take over and win the game.
That shit kills me inside. I can wipe an entire team with Zarya on the point (one at a time not a team kill), and the enemy team has enough time to come back and take me out when the rest of my team is off doing jack shit. "Where are you guys?" OR I'm pestering the ENTIRE enemy team off the objective and get a full team graviton surge and take out all but their heavy. Fight him a couple seconds and get the kill. Look back and see point empty and no team in sight...speechless.

Rad-

So this game has already quieted down, at least on PS4. Not nearly as much gaffers on as before. (EU evening play time)

Maybe this isn't the right place for this. Maybe it should be its own thread.

But is Lucio Black or Latino? I know he's from Brazil. Maybe it doesn't really matter, but it kind of matters

Actual

But is Lucio Black or Latino? I know he's from Brazil. Maybe it doesn't really matter, but it kind of matters

There's not really much distinction between black and latino in Brazil...

That's one of the first things I did before even playing my first game.

maouvin

Latino is someone from LATAM, so all brazilians (and argentines and so on) are technically latinos (it feels weird to call "latino" someone with german or italian descent, which are common on Brazil, but what can we do) . You might be mixing up "latino" with "hispanic".

Babbling aside, Lucio is most likely black, or maybe mulatto.

So this game has already quieted down, at least on PS4. Not nearly as much gaffers on as before. (EU evening play time)

Got any link to the GAF PS4 community? I'm on PS4 EU but haven't played with any gaffers yet. I've mostly just spent the time since launch getting accustomed to all the characters.

Entered a lobby today on Hanamura Attack. Chose Zarya. Random person in the chat:

person: tank?
me: We have a tank...
team mate: Zarya is a tank
person: zyria is shit tank

:|

Like, what? The stupidity of the chat and players in this game never ceases to amaze.

BigDug13

Entered a lobby today on Hanamura Attack. Chose Zarya. Random person in the chat:

me: We have a tank...
team mate: Zarya is a tank
person: zyria is shit tank

:|

Like, what? The stupidity of the chat and players in this game never ceases to amaze.

Sometimes I'm happy PS4 doesn't have text chat. This is one of those reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom