• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

abundant

Play with other Gaffers.

This is the only answer. Group play is where Overwatch shines the most.

And don't be intimidated by playing with other Gaffers, because we are all supportive and never single out a bad player. (This is on PS4)

Kito

How fucking long does it take to break out of decent player jail?

Games are decided by who has the best healer imo. I can't play offence or tanks outside of gaf groups, where there will be a competent healer. In pub games I play support only and keep everyone alive.

mbpm1

How fucking long does it take to break out of decent player jail? I'm certainly not saying I'm the best, but it's been over a week now of getting endlessly matched into games with teams who appear to literally not understand the mechanics of the game, or simply getting matched into a match on the losing side with less than a minute left. This is beyond frustrating.

Edit: Right before this post I got matched into the defending team on Numbani on the last point with the attackers just rolling through. After this post I got put on the attacking team on Anubis at the first point with :45 left. WHY

DON'T FORGET, YOU'RE HERE FOREVER

Just had a Hanamura attack where someone left at the start of the game and wasn't replaced even though we ran the full timer and took the first point. It's not even like it's an off hour in Europe.

How fucking long does it take to break out of decent player jail?

Playing Lucio or Symmetra will carry you to higher levels.

R0ckman

When people say 'ranked mode isn't going to remove the frustration of shitty teammates' it's because we're basically already playing a ranked mode without the actual rankings implemented. The MMR is already active but it's invisible, and I doubt they'll be using some different system for ranked mode. Even at high levels people are going to have a bad game, the only difference between quick play and ranked will be how angry people get after a loss.

MMR only works correctly when playing with groups, even if your group doesn't comminuicate well. You can see when your team is having a bad time.

If you play solo, everything is just screwed. In solo you can tell when a group is just dumb or just having an off day.

If your team has bad group survivability compared to you (keeping respawn times between you in the group off balance) you are most likely not paired with an even team. Even if you wait for your group they will most likely die before you do and by the time you die they'll be respawning and returning.

The only time I've enjoyed long sessions in this game is with groups. Solo has become complete trash. I originally was able to get by, now its almost impossible to play and I actually got a migrane because of how frustrating it was in one match.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Well, where would you even put her devices? I wouldn't use her on that map.

If a map doesn't have any obvious points I tend to drop turrets near the full health packs to pick off the weak.

On the ranked mode issue the reason it'll be better is because MMR will be much more effective in separating the wheat from the chaff since a larger percentage of the players will be tryharding instead of fucking around.

Slurmer

Banned
Looking for people on here to play with. My PSN is InsertGirder. Send me an friend request, I think I make for a good teammate.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Keep playing. This feeling goes away.

Bastions are a joke right now unless I'm in Mystery Heroes.

Bastion is one of the hardest heroes to be effective with if the opponent team has any idea of what they are doing. If anything they should buff it.

Torbjorn isn't even that good. Why do people ask for literally every defense hero to be nerfed is beyond me.
I friggin' hate 'em >8(

From Jeff Kaplan:

Very informative post about what are thy up to, posted from him 5 minutes ago:

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20745285677#post-12

That's a good damn post.

Hmmm, he also said they are thinking about doing a public test realm. I really hope they do it. If done right, test realms can improve the game massively. Battlefield 4 was the perfect example for this. That game was ready to just fall apart until they added a public test realm and with that they completely fixed all the major problems and did even more with it. There is so much good Blizzard could do with this.

I want to help my team / friends, what are the most helpful classes that nobody is using and should provide some backup? I understand that the game is not based around this and more around "counter pick what the other team is using right now", but I'm not that good yet so I just need the basics. I'm currently playing mostly with Mercy, Reinhardt, Lucio.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I know how to counterpick but I'm terrible at all the heroes that counter the other team so it's useless. I'll let someone else deal with it while I spam grenades. :|

Funnily enough junkrat has turned into my go to counterpick. :p

As much as i hate playing against him he's fun to play as.

kami_sama

Entire Rockabilly theme skins, pls

And Soviet propaganda worker woman for Zarya.
That would be sweeeeeeet.

Edit: This:
15.jpg

I'd like to see a new support character that is mobility based. Not speed like Lucio, but can do stuff like jump boost other characters into positions they normally couldn't get to or would take a while.
That's a really cool idea. Although I feel that would just become a troll character where people would try and knock their teammates off the map or when their in their ult and just screw with them. If that wasn't the case, it could be a really cool character.

Having someone yell at me for not trying to kill a widowmaker as a pharah

If they knew what they were talking about they would know pharah is pretty hard countered by widowmaker...

I just ignored him but still tried to harass the wm when I can

mbpm1

I know how to counterpick but I'm terrible at all the heroes that counter the other team so it's useless. I'll let someone else deal with it while I spam grenades. :|

Fortunately grenades do well against most things (except for Farah)

Grief.exe

I want to help my team / friends, what are the most helpful classes that nobody is using and should provide some backup? I understand that the game is not based around this and more around "counter pick what the other team is using right now", but I'm not that good yet so I just need the basics. I'm currently playing mostly with Mercy, Reinhardt, Lucio.

Zarya Winston are excellent picks that are less likely to be chosen in pubs. Rein/Lucio/Mercy/Zarya/Winston are extremely popular on the competitive scene and you are already maining the majority of those.

Gator86

This makes it sound like they're much further along with new heroes than they are with new maps...

Interesting...

Works for me. I hope all the new heroes are support/tanks for a while. Those are always at a premium so new ones will help fill out those roles in more games. Also no more fucking snipers pls.

Haha yeah, or winston really, but I find that if you spread that turrets up top they usually don't hit it in areas where the splash damage will touch it. My style is to constantly replace the turrets though and it's worked alright so far.

Also that teleport can be crucial.

Winston or Pharah for me. Put turrets on ceilings and Junkrat can't clear them with grenade spam. He's never been a problem for me, and my turrets are always killing his traps/ults.

Ah, of course, that does eliminate Junkrat as a threat.

Dragner

Roadhog best waifu. Have to try him a bit more. Im not confident enough to tank...except winston in KOTH. He is crazy fun in there and pretty good.

Dragner

winston is terrible vs turrets

if u want a turret killing tank ur pretty much stuck with d.va

Yeah I mean, in that maps my experience is people picking mainly offence heroes to fight for the point and there winston shines. But ofc if someone is smart enough to change for turret I have a problem.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Interesting post from Jeff, so it seems maps and heroes are in the works but not modes. I really feel the game needs one more unique mode. But obviously maps and heroes are great and will keep the game fresh. I really love how he opened up more than devs usually do.

I really hope we get demos soon, or a way to save clips at least. Plus a clan system would just change this game for the better, being able to add people without having to add them to BNet would be great, I'd love to have a hub of friends and friends of friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom