• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rixxan

They should make a permanent Brawl event with only Widowmakers to draw all the drek away from the main mode and keep them away.

I played a game yesterday with 2 Widows one of them was named "l33t" I am no lying here.

i would love to see a widow only brawl where 100% charge = instagib

and that was the only damage you could do, 99% charge and lower, or full auto, would do no damage

MUnited83

For you.
The accuracy of that McCree player x_x

To be fair I had a Roadhog behind me and people usually don't think Symmetra is much of a thread, so McCree was likely trying to kill the Roadhog on most of that clip (and when he started noticing me it was too late :p)

abundant

Bastion is one of the hardest heroes to be effective with if the opponent team has any idea of what they are doing. If anything they should buff it.

Torbjorn isn't even that good. Why do people ask for literally every defense hero to be nerfed is beyond me.

I think the reason why, is that at very low level of play (newbies), the defense heroes can be the most annoying. You got Widow/Hanzo for Snipers, Junkrat for Grenade Spam, Mei for freezing people, and Torb/Bastion for turrets. New players or really bad players don't know/refuse to counterpick. That plus uncoordinated teams leads to a ton of frustration, at that level of play.

Zemm

When people say 'ranked mode isn't going to remove the frustration of shitty teammates' it's because we're basically already playing a ranked mode without the actual rankings implemented. The MMR is already active but it's invisible, and I doubt they'll be using some different system for ranked mode. Even at high levels people are going to have a bad game, the only difference between quick play and ranked will be how angry people get after a loss.

grendelrt

Their entire points system is on the fritz. They were attempting a system overhaul that has gone way longer than anticipated. No one is getting reward zone points for anything at the moment, but I've been assured that once the work is complete, then we should receive all the points that we are due.
Thanks for the post, waiting to buy doom, may just buy without my 10 bucks.

When people say 'ranked mode isn't going to remove the frustration of shitty teammates' it's because we're basically already playing a ranked mode without the actual rankings implemented. The MMR is already active but it's invisible, and I doubt they'll be using some different system for ranked mode. Even at high levels people are going to have a bad game, the only difference between quick play and ranked will be how angry people get after a loss.

What people mean about removing the frustration with ranked is that you can give instructions to team mates and if they say they are just trying to have fun or are learning something then they are in the wrong not you.

Jintor

terrible teams for me tonight but I did manage to get a triple kill of a d.va explosion and toss two guys into the well in greece, so not the worst night.

loot box was full of shit though.

I average 19.27 eliminations with Symetra. She is decent, but you have to have a team that knows how to play defense and utilize her turrets. She is far from my go to character though, and if the enemy team is smart and knows how to remove her turrets, they can make her more of a nuisance rather than a threat.

Her portal is super good if hidden in a good spot.

I've been playing Zenyatta lately for attacking games. Those debuffs really seem to help a lot.

That said, I can't believe that a Tracer can kill me without even needing to reload. Seems insane to me.

played a bit last night with the latest update, mccree players who knew what they were doing were still playing well and I like that, however there were a few mccrees who quit mid-match because things were not working out for them.

The widow bodyshot nerf is welcome too and I like the change to unscoping fully before you can aim again, people might moan about it but that small change makes all the difference on pc, a good widow is still dominant but it calms her down just enough to not be super annoying.

I average 19.27 eliminations with Symetra. She is decent, but you have to have a team that knows how to play defense and utilize her turrets. She is far from my go to character though, and if the enemy team is smart and knows how to remove her turrets, they can make her pretty more of a nuisance rather than a threat.

I've been using symmetra and zarya a lot lately to learn new heroes and once you click them them, they are really good. A good tip for symm is to not clump turrets together and try to keep them apart just enough to one splash damage attack doesn't destroy all of them in one go, they are useful for ambush points but also expected from the enemy if they know you have a symm on your team, so I place half of my turrets in unexpected spots for some sneaky attacks.

Dr. Buni

I think the reason why, is that at very low level of play (newbies), the defense heroes can be the most annoying. You got Widow/Hanzo for Snipers, Junkrat for Grenade Spam, Mei for freezing people, and Torb/Bastion for turrets. New players or really bad players don't know/refuse to counterpick. That plus uncoordinated teams leads to a ton of frustration, at that level of play.
You are right, they are some of the most frustrating heroes to go against, but Widowmaker aside, none of them are overpowered, quite the opposite if anything. Although I disagree on the counterpick thing. It is something that is vastly overestimated, nothing worse than people on your team switching heroes every time they die. If this game was 1v1 I would understand constant switches, but guess what, it isn't.
What people mean about removing the frustration with ranked is that you can give instructions to team mates and if they say they are just trying to have fun or are learning something then they are in the wrong not you.
But they aren't wrong? Just because they are playing ranked it doesn't mean they can't play for fun. Geez.

kingocfs

I average 19.27 eliminations with Symetra. She is decent, but you have to have a team that knows how to play defense and utilize her turrets. She is far from my go to character though, and if the enemy team is smart and knows how to remove her turrets, they can make her more of a nuisance rather than a threat.

My favorite thing to do with Symmetra is hide her turrets behind foliage. The confusion is glorious to watch.

Kito

Almost 20 hours playing Mercy and I still don't know how to use resurrect. When I do a rez of 3 or 4 it's a free Graviton Surge for the enemy, who then trigger their ults. Despite me forcing those ults which would've been used 30 seconds later, teammates get mad. When I rez 1 or 2, I get complaints I'm not rezzing / doing my job. Perhaps the best way is to just not use her ultimate altogether.

this is the best thing ever

tengen_toppa_d_va_lagann__by_lagunis-da6fqcm.jpg
http://lagunis.deviantart.com/art/Tengen-Toppa-D-va-Lagann-615473446

BigDug13

Almost 20 hours playing Mercy and I still don't know how to use resurrect. When I do a rez of 3 or 4 it's a free Graviton Surge for the enemy, who then trigger their ults. Despite me forcing those ults which would've been used 30 seconds later, teammates get mad. When I rez 1 or 2, I get complaints I'm not rezzing / doing my job. Perhaps the best way is to just not use her ultimate altogether.

To be fair, graviton surge is one of the best ults in the game and combos with just about any other offensive ult. Not much you can do about that. You're playing with shitty players if they're complaining about resurrection.

abundant

You are right, they are some of the most frustrating heroes to go against, but Widowmaker aside, none of them are overpowered, quite the opposite if anything. Although I disagree on the counterpick thing. It is something that is vastly overestimated, nothing worse than people on your team switching heroes every time they die. If this game was 1v1 I would understand constant switches, but guess what, it isn't.

Oh I agree with you, just explaining why there is so much outcry to nerf them. As a Torb player and someone who primarily plays with a group, I always laugh when people cry out for him to be nerfed.

As for counterpicking, for some classes like Widow, Hanzo, Torb, and Bastion, counterpicking is a real thing. For other classes, not so much. This is on consoles, mind you, so Widow is easier to counter.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
nah, random heroes was trash. for random heroes to be good they need to lock in the classes at the beggining, not change them with each death.

No, changing upon death is what made it fun. Easily the best brawl. Rest have been boring.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Man, thank god I finally got into a team that know how to counterpick when we went against a 3 torb, 1 sym and 1 widow team. Such a dumb match haha.

Junkrat, rein and a platoon of pharrahs made sure that we got the payload through.

matmanx1

Unless someone else has already picker her, Symmetra is my "go-to" for Defense on Hollywood, King's Row, Anubis and occasionally elsewhere.

I need to start working her in to KoTH maps, because I believe she can be beneficial on those also, depending on team composition.

She "clicks" for me in that I really like the strategy involved with her teleporter and turret placement and I also enjoy the fact that her weapon is quite unique. She's one of my favorites right now.

Antiwhippy

Unless someone else has already picker her, Symmetra is my "go-to" for Defense on Hollywood, King's Row, Anubis and occasionally elsewhere.

I need to start working her in to KoTH maps, because I believe she can be beneficial on those also, depending on team composition.

She "clicks" for me in that I really like the strategy involved with her teleporter and turret placement and I also enjoy the fact that her weapon is quite unique. She's one of my favorites right now.

She's really fun on KotH. I honestly got a bit bored with her on defense but playing her in KotH is a really frantic playstyle that's really fun.

She's really fun on KotH. I honestly got a bit bored with her on defense but playing her in KotH is a really frantic playstyle that's really fun.

I normally stick to playing her on Defense, but I tried her on KOTH in Nepal last night and man, she can lock down an objective if you give her time to set up.

If I see enemy Symmetras on KOTH I target them first just to make sure she can't set her turrets up.

Kaplan commented on this on the Blizzard forums recently. Apparently they're hoping to fix it so they'll end up in front of you, but it sounds like the fix may still be a ways off. It's definitely very frustrating to land a nice hook on them and be unable to follow up.

Glad to hear they are looking into it.

Antiwhippy

There is that, but I also kinda think she holds her own during combat in KotH if played right.

Her gun excels at just melting enemy groups and KotH is always filled with enemy groups.

Also has a lot of tight spaces for that orb to threaten.

I normally stick to playing her on Defense, but I tried her on KOTH in Nepal last night and man, she can lock down an objective if you give her time to set up.

If I see enemy Symmetras on KOTH I target them first just to make sure she can't set her turrets up.

She's fun on CP (aka KOTH) until someone switches to Junkrat or Pharah.

From Jeff Kaplan:

We're also working on new heroes right now. We have some that are very far along and others that are just getting started. We also have some prototype heroes that may or may not ever see the light of day. We do a lot of prototyping... I don't think we're at a point where I can really talk openly about the release schedule for the new heroes because I don't want to set expectations and then have something come up and suddenly we're backing out on a "promise" we never really made... if that makes sense.

We're also working on a few new maps right now. One of them is "officially" in our production pipeline as it has passed through enough prototyping and playtesting that we feel confident in it. So that map is in the hands of our art group at this time. They are busy making it look awesome and while they do that, we keep going back and playtesting it to make sure nothing changed between the early level design blockout and the final "artified" version of the map.

Very informative post about what are thy up to, posted from him 5 minutes ago:

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20745285677#post-12

Antiwhippy

She's fun on CP (aka KOTH) until someone switches to Junkrat or Pharah.

Haha yeah, or winston really, but I find that if you spread that turrets up top they usually don't hit it in areas where the splash damage will touch it. My style is to constantly replace the turrets though and it's worked alright so far.

Also that teleport can be crucial.

Antiwhippy

I'm not a fan of her on Gibraltar either. I'll definitely pick her on Hollywood though.

If you can lock down that initial archway at the first checkpoint it could be decided then and there. They're desperately looking up to destroy them but get dead by your team.

Need to watch out for the flanking corridors though.

Kito

I'm not a fan of her on Gibraltar either. I'll definitely pick her on Hollywood though.

Gibraltar is actually my favourite Symmetra map. I've stopped the enemy from reaching the first checkpoint countless times. If you can survive the first minute and get your teleporter in that room underneath the bridge, ggs.

How fucking long does it take to break out of decent player jail? I'm certainly not saying I'm the best, but it's been over a week now of getting endlessly matched into games with teams who appear to literally not understand the mechanics of the game, or simply getting matched into a match on the losing side with less than a minute left. This is beyond frustrating.

Edit: Right before this post I got matched into the defending team on Numbani on the last point with the attackers just rolling through. After this post I got put on the attacking team on Anubis at the first point with :45 left. WHY

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
How fucking long does it take to break out of decent player jail? I'm certainly not saying I'm the best, but it's been over a week now of getting endlessly matched into games with teams who appear to literally not understand the mechanics of the game, or simply getting matched into a match on the losing side with less than a minute left. This is beyond frustrating.

I have bad news for you. You never do

LiK

Play with other Gaffers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom