• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

TP

@PlayOverwatch There's a guaranteed Legendary in this month's @LootCrate!

Ynn0nKS.jpg

FL7H1TD.png

There's nothing like fighting a losing battle and being pushed back so hard only for your team to rally and adapt at the last opportunity, and stop the opposing team and their payload in their tracks.

Raxanas

Neo Member
Guys i just bought the game.What are some newbie tips to get better quickly?I already got an idea of the gameplay since i had tried TF2 before and also know the importace of focusing of objectives instead of PvPing.

Guys i just bought the game.What are some newbie tips to get better quickly?I already got an idea of the gameplay since i had tried TF2 before and also know the importace of focusing of objectives instead of PvPing.

Try out a bunch of characters to see who you gel with. I'd play some matches vs. AI first before jumping into online considering a lot of the player base will already know how to exploit certain strengths and weaknesses that you'll be clueless to.

Ferrio

Banned
Maybe my lootcrate won't be ass this month then.

Last month's had an oven mitt that doesn't actually protect your hands from burns lol. Got an email begging me not to use it as an actual oven mitt.

Last month's had an oven mitt that doesn't actually protect your hands from burns lol. Got an email begging me not to use it as an actual oven mitt.

This accurately summarizes the complete worthlessness that is LootCrate.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Really enjoyed today's session, those little nerfs to Widow and McCree made a big difference.

I only play support in pub games, however there was this one Lucio who refused to budge so I gave him the benefit of the doubt and went Reaper, and holy shit at trying to function without heals. Never again.

Lucio randoms are the worst randoms. Lucio is supposed to be the best support but 90% of them are dead weight. They just run around in circles in speed boost doing nothing.

I played a Defense map where I picked Symmetra, then another player picked Symmetra after me and just started unpicking and picking her over and over again at the select screen. It looked like he was trying to make a point so I switched to somebody else and he stopped.

Thirty seconds after the match starts he hasn't put up any turrets or shielded anyone, the other team breaks through easy and starts taking the point and he quits.

??????

People should be punished for shit like this. Sell an oven mitt that is hazardous if used as an oven mitt? Well, fuck you, pay a huge fine, recall the product, and give people their money back.

I played a Defense map where I picked Symmetra, then another player picked Symmetra after me and just started unpicking and picking her over and over again at the select screen. It looked like he was trying to make a point so I switched to somebody else and he stopped.

Thirty seconds after the match starts he hasn't put up any turrets or shielded anyone, the other team breaks through easy and starts taking the point and he quits.

??????

I've seen that a lot with random Syms, which is why I don't care if I'm the second one. I shield everyone before we even get to point A and keep those little turrets fed with overzealous players

So I'm like level 15 and I hadn't opened any of my boxes. Opened all of em just now and got garbage. Not even going to bother opening any more.

Blizzard definitely won't be getting monet outta me for these things.

Any idea when new hero's are coming out?

Also any Xbox players around here?

Ferrio

Banned
People should be punished for shit like this. Sell an oven mitt that is hazardous if used as an oven mitt? Well, fuck you, pay a huge fine, recall the product, and give people their money back.

They've stated they will and I wouldn't be surprised if there's a couple lawsuits pending due to how strongly worded the email was.

I'm about to hit level 101. I should tally up what skins I have gotten, at least in terms of number/rarity. I haven't bought any loot crates because earning them is easy enough in game. It may be interesting to see what happened in my first 100 loot crates. I can count 10 legendary skins off the top of my head with 3 bought with coins, not counting 1 duplicate legendary or preorder bonus.

They've stated they will and I wouldn't be surprised if there's a couple lawsuits pending due to how strongly worded the email was.

Good.

Dreavus

Isn't lootcrate supposed to be garbage that other people didn't buy?

Pretty much. No idea if it's improved at all, but I had a friend who was subscribed for a while. Just tons of meaningless toys and mugs and other knickknacks, and it piles up fast. He'd bring parts of it to board game nights just to giveaway/get rid of them.

It's just stuff. Random endless stuff.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
I only play support in pub games, however there was this one Lucio who refused to budge so I gave him the benefit of the doubt and went Reaper, and holy shit at trying to function without heals. Never again.

Lucio randoms are the worst randoms. Lucio is supposed to be the best support but 90% of them are dead weight. They just run around in circles in speed boost doing nothing.

I play Lucio the most. Someone once picked Lucio so I chose another character. Only that person switched to another character early on so we had zero support. I then switched to Lucio.

TheMink

I'm not American, but I do know they understand what bollocks means.

Well I'm an American, and I most certainly don't know what it means. Also I'm 90% sure I have seen it on TV-14 shows. Actually I'm positive, it's in an episode of 30 Rock.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
had a good session tonight. Really needed that after the last few days (and I lost a few games too, like I said its not losing that bothers me).

Lol at the Lootcrate hate going on in here. I'm not subscribed to them myself, but they're doing extremely well and they do ship a lot of really cool actual stuff. Instead of just guessing, you could just visit their site and see for yourselves.

bluehat9

So I'm like level 15 and I hadn't opened any of my boxes. Opened all of em just now and got garbage. Not even going to bother opening any more.

Yep, I'm lvl 25 and haven't gotten anything worthwhile. Best thing I opened was a d.va player icon on literally the first box I got, lol.

LordAmused

I've been playing Tracer non-stop since I've got my G-Sync 144Hz monitor and I can tell it makes a huge difference in reaction times. My scores are up 30-40% I'd say, but most of that is from practice, I believe.

G-Sync is life!

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I ordered the FunkoPop Tracer ages ago but it keeps getting delayed, was originally stated for May 31st.

Anyone on XBO know how to mute players?

Was on a pretty solid team earlier so was steaming through games, only to have a kid blast music down his mic for the entire game and I couldn't figure out how to shut him up

On PS4 (I don't know the xbox equivalent), press options during a game and select the Social option. There you can mute specific players.

Biltmore

Banned
Lol at the Lootcrate hate going on in here. I'm not subscribed to them myself, but they're doing extremely well and they do ship a lot of really cool actual stuff. Instead of just guessing, you could just visit their site and see for yourselves.

Them doing extremely well doesn't change the fact that they just ship junk. And even if you happen to like some of it, you could add up all the "really cool" stuff they ship in any given year and buy it all for about 1/10 of what you'd spend through their service. Not that you would, because if you saw most of what you get sent in any given loot crate at a retail store you'd probably just walk past it.

What is LootCrate?

It's a $30 box of McDonald's toys and cheap T-Shirts that preys on "geek" culture.

What is LootCrate?

It's a mail subscription where each month they send you a themed crate with different trinkets in it. You know the theme and what properties are used in the theme, but not he items themselves. They also have different types: there's the regular LootCrate, Loot Gaming crate, Loot Anime crate, etc.

An example: Last month's Gaming theme was Dungeon with guaranteed stuff from Legend of Zelda, Doom, Uncharted 4, and Dark Souls. So I rolled the dice since I like all those properties. I got LoZ dog tags (eh), a Doom designed glass (neat and useful), a usable copy of Drake's journal from Uncharted 4 (awesome) and a Dark Souls t-shirt that says "Do You Even Praise?" (yuck, awful).

It's essentially paying $30-$40 to get a bunch of items that you pay $30-$40 to get in collector's editions of games. I find it fun and worthwhile to subscribe to every now and then if the theme is right. I believe this month's Gaming crate has Overwatch, Street Fighter, and DOTA themes stuff and the regular crate has Fallout, Bioshock Infinite, and Matrix stuff.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

Any idea when new hero's are coming out?

Also any Xbox players around here?

not going to bother opening more? lol

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Anyone on XBO know how to mute players?

Was on a pretty solid team earlier so was steaming through games, only to have a kid blast music down his mic for the entire game and I couldn't figure out how to shut him up
There's a Group tab in the Social menu that will let you mute players.

Azoor

It's also strange they sent one glove instead of a pair.

ULT'S are ruining this game; after about 12 hours played. matches start off fun as hell. Then ULT's ruin everything. I fell ults should only be available twice a game; its too powerful and has too much influence on the outcome of some games. or just make them enhance the hero's ability. Orb of discord and other damage increasing ability needs to be looked at, without them damage is still pretty ridiculous. Knock backs need to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom