• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ketch

Such a shame when you doing something really impressive with Genji and potg is some crappy Hanzo dragon

my favorite is when you're doing work as genji the whole game, then you get potg and you're all like "hellll yeaa" but then it's just like a basic double kill with sword on some dudes who aren't looking.

Zemm

Really enjoyed today's session, those little nerfs to Widow and McCree made a big difference.

Playing earlier and it was hilarious watching McCree's walking up to my Zarya then panicking when I didn't just drop dead from Fan the Hammer. So many bad McCree's got shit on with this patch, the actual good ones will be fine.

MUnited83

For you.

This too tho

Love can bloom on a battlefield

There's a even cuter one but i can't seem to find it.

It's one with McCree, where his team has the Widow's ult activated. He's inside a building and he's about to go out, but he sees a Widowmaker and decides to go out the other way. Turns out the enemy widowmaker also had her ult active, and she followed his movements, and he notices this. They go back and forth until McCree stops and waves behind the wall, and immediately after Widowmaker does the same.

ea7edf9f5aa8116bec397d49af0e6c83.png

FINALLY. Black bars no more!
hopefully
I must not be updated. What is this about?

edgefusion

man this game is dying fast for me and im not even sure why. Pugs, groups, wins, losses, it doesnt matter, im just not enjoying the act of playing the game anymore. The constant widowmaker one shots, the turrets, the bastions, the mcree right clicks,all the shit that can be countered I know, but now is just bothering me like it wasnt before. Like the act of suddently being deleted from the game is getting to me like it wasnt before, like I just cant be arsed to deal with it now lol. I think I really need a break, I do have close to 100 hours in such a short time

I've been playing less and less since Torbjorn is becoming more popular. His turret is just not fun to play against. It's a smack in the face that while you scramble to counter him he's just stood there twiddling his thumbs, turret auto-sniping someone on the other side of the planet with pinpoint accuracy and near instant lock-on. I have seen SO MANY Torb PotG's it's unreal, they may as well rename it Torbjorn of the Game. I couldn't be more salty that his turret didn't get smacked to pieces with the nerf bat. I hope they have something coming his way because he's the only reason I'm being turned off the game.

Perfec7_

Neo Member
Anyone else having framerate issues post patch? My settings are the same, yet I am getting 95-100 FPS at times instead of my constant 120. I lowered some settings and I'm STILL not maintaining 120. I haven't changed anything spec wise, and this is only happening after the patch.

kromeo

Anyone else having framerate issues post patch? My settings are the same, yet I am getting 95-100 FPS at times instead of my constant 120. I lowered some settings and I'm STILL not maintaining 120. I haven't changed anything spec wise, and this is only happening after the patch.

Doesn't sound like that but my game keeps changing the refresh rate to 99hz in the resolution setting, constantly having to change it back

patchday

Just hit level 1* (101). Too lazy to count all the rare skins I have gotten so far. But thus far I have 11 legendary skins and 4 epic skins. I didn't count highlight intros or emotes (got a lot of them, which explains why the epic count seems much lower than the legendary count in terms of drop stats).

Also, my last box was pretty good for a last box.
Code:
[IMG]https://images-2.discordapp.net/.eJwNxEsOgyAQANC7sAcG5DN4DQ9gCBKwUSEwXTW9e_sW78Pe42Irq0R9rlIe50xtHGJSG7FkUVorV479nCK1W0aimOqdH5pSeXAarVo8hgAaTZAqaO-dXhwaYxHQWbmlkfOz1Ua7chwcV3ZXyK3n_wFAvHph3x-uGCiC.7SkSYVIw481Hw9hP5KB-L7i-XeY.jpg[/IMG]

I kinda like the red reaper skin too.

Grats!!! DVA is a great waifu and that skin looks good on her!

Son Of D

what would people think of the idea of removing health kits from the map? 2Xtreme?

Would be a mess. Roadhogg and Bastion would become more popular because of their self-healing. Soldier will increase in use due to his AoE healing plus being a strong attacker. Lucio and/or Mercy would be on every team.

Winston would suffer greatly too.

Would be a mess. Roadhogg and Bastion would become more popular because of their self-healing. Soldier will increase in use due to his AoE healing plus being a strong attacker. Lucio and/or Mercy would be on every team.

Winston would suffer greatly too.

the horror lol

i admit that the game is currently balanced for the health packs but i think there could be some potentially interesting aspects to it.. encouraging teams to stick together, etc.. idk just bored food for thought

maybe just a weekly brawl to satisfy my curiosity .. can't be much worse than the current weekly

the thought came to me when i saw this

Ferrio

Banned
removing health packs destroys tracer, genji and winston lol

It destroys a lot of things. Suddenly lots of places on the maps have way less important and strategic value. It gets rid of a lot of need of extra map awareness in knowing where kits are, when they're spawning, and whether an enemy is gunning for one. Supports and self healers now become pretty much mandatory, and all flanking characters are fucked which means lots more bastions and toblerones.

what would people think of the idea of removing health kits from the map? 2Xtreme?

It will negatively affect the game, but I would like to see a hardcore competitive mode that includes no health kits. I feel like it will force players to actually have effective healers, and pay more attention to team coordination. I noticed that a lot of those solo offense players (reapers, McCrees, Genjis) like to break up with the team and pick kills while ignoring their buffers and tanks.

I don't know, but it would be a nice experiment in the forum of a weekly brawl.

It destroys a lot of things. Suddenly lots of places on the maps have way less important and strategic value. It gets rid of a lot of need of extra map awareness in knowing where kits are, when they're spawning, and whether an enemy is gunning for one. Supports and self healers now become pretty much mandatory, and all flanking characters are fucked which means more bastions and toblerones.

I noticed that it is easier take out Bastions and torrets with snipers and McCrees (them long range left clicks). Rein can peak and block while a sniper behinds him kills the torret or blind-sides it from another corner while Rein distracts the torret/Bastion.

ramyeon

Sat down and played for the first time in a couple of days yesterday. Felt good. Didn't get as angry at randoms as I was when I was playing extended sessions every day.

FoxSpirit

Just hit level 1* (101). Too lazy to count all the rare skins I have gotten so far. But thus far I have 11 legendary skins and 4 epic skins. I didn't count highlight intros or emotes (got a lot of them, which explains why the epic count seems much lower than the legendary count in terms of drop stats).

Also, my last box was pretty good for a last box.
Code:
[IMG]https://images-2.discordapp.net/.eJwNxEsOgyAQANC7sAcG5DN4DQ9gCBKwUSEwXTW9e_sW78Pe42Irq0R9rlIe50xtHGJSG7FkUVorV479nCK1W0aimOqdH5pSeXAarVo8hgAaTZAqaO-dXhwaYxHQWbmlkfOz1Ua7chwcV3ZXyK3n_wFAvHph3x-uGCiC.7SkSYVIw481Hw9hP5KB-L7i-XeY.jpg[/IMG]

I kinda like the red reaper skin too.
Good god, what are you running this on? My ancient HD-6850 fares better than this.

Still, man, what an awesome game. Loved playing TF2 in the past but it got somewhat stale over time. Now with Overwatch, 21 classes. Woohoooo.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Sat down and played for the first time in a couple of days yesterday. Felt good. Didn't get as angry at randoms as I was when I was playing extended sessions every day.

I think it's the best way to approach this honestly. Just play it casually.

aeolist

Banned
i wish there were an option to completely disable text chat except for people on my friend list. most nights i get absolutely nothing positive and a torrent of bile and negativity from solo queueing.

Any group on GAF playing in the next 20 or so minutes and willing to play with my noob ass? Can be Europe or American, I don't care.

I have everything turned down for a more consistent framerate.

I was doing this as well until I realized that render scaling means everything becomes more blurry. In a game about shooting things, I definitely do not want my game to be blurry like that lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom