• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

meshwork

http://masteroverwatch.com/leaderboards/pc/us/level

278 is currently the highest, without a doubt he's feeling the effects of playing so much. When I did the HWL grind in WoW I was playing literally all day apart from food breaks and I felt so ill after awhile.

EU has one account at 338 right now, which at 310 hours played is almost 13h every day since release. Looking at their Twitch it seems like it's a shared account though.

http://masteroverwatch.com/leaderboards/pc/eu/level

aeolist

Banned
He won't be. The problem Blizzard have is that one Torbjorn is sort of underpowered, but if you stack four or five of them with something smart, it becomes an absolute hellscape of MOOOOLTEN COOOORE unless the opposing team all switches and all coordinates to deal with it. It's a nightmare to balance while hero stacking is possible.

i agree, he's not that strong but his ult is just ridiculous. whenever i hear it pop off i just hang back and wait for it to expire because there's no way i'm killing that turret before it kills me.

ElyrionX

All 5 of them were back at the spawn point, I just like having a laugh at other people's rage

Oh, I am sure all five of them died at the exact same time and were all at the spawn point. Nothing you could have done for sure. They were all wrong for being angry at you.

The truth is, the idiots that the people in here are complaining about? You're just one of those idiots everyone has the misfortune of being put in the same team with. You can make yourself feel better by justifying your bad attitude. But if you can't see beyond the simple fact that just by not trying at all, you are doing your team a huge disservice then you will always be someone that people will point to as to why solo queueing is so frustrating.

got a Lengendardy (Reinhard, Bloodhart) it's dope as fuck and the next level legendary gold stash (500) so I got Reaper Mariachi haha.

Also, I got a POTG the first time I played Tobjorn. Defense on Hanamura. I have my ult. I get killed. I respawn. My turret is in the corner around the giant Bell. I walk back to the point. I see they are capping. I ult to boost the turret hoping it will clean a bit. It kills 4 people during the ult. I'm still walking to the point.

This character man.

The riot during the POTG replay. They just watched me walking in a straight line in Hanamura while kills were happening across the map. This scam of a charachter I swear it was amazing.

I love sniping turrets as Lucio. So satisfying. :p

The ones that only play D'va are worse.

I've seen some D.Vas who do pretty well. Honestly if any tanks are doing as bad as Reapers, it's Roadhogs.

My problem with zenyatta, if i pick him no one else will go healer and if there's already one they'll change to something else.

That's why I want Blizzard to put into the team tips "Too few support characters" if Zenyatta is the only support who got picked.

He won't be. The problem Blizzard have is that one Torbjorn is sort of underpowered, but if you stack four or five of them with something smart, it becomes an absolute hellscape of MOOOOLTEN COOOORE unless the opposing team all switches and all coordinates to deal with it. It's a nightmare to balance while hero stacking is possible.

I personally think the speed at which his ult charges could be tweaked - a stack of Tors is doable if it weren't for the constant ult'ing.

I personally think the speed at which his ult charges could be tweaked - a stack of Tors is doable if it weren't for the constant ult'ing.

I think his ult charge speed is alright. I mean one Torbjorn alone can't do TOO much, and his ult doesn't charge that fast.
Multiples of one character spamming ults can be annoying as shit though, I agree with that.

jeemer

Would it be crazy to suggest that since it's 6v6 with a pretty big character pool, maybe duplicate characters shouldn't be allowed in the same team?

As a relative newcomer to the game I don't know if they tried this in the betas or what.

Zemm

I played a shit ton of TF2 back in the day, a lot of it on the GAF server. I never raged about teammates in that game like I do in this game.

Maybe it's because I knew most of the people on both teams? Or maybe because TF2 is not so much about countering the other teams comp, or maybe I was just more layed back then?

Anyone else experience this?

TF2 was more relaxed when everyone knew each other on both sides.

All these matchmaking complaints, why can't they just allow us to host our own dedicated servers?

kromeo

Oh, I am sure all five of them died at the exact same time and were all at the spawn point. Nothing you could have done for sure. They were all wrong for being angry at you.

The truth is, the idiots that the people in here are complaining about? You're just one of those idiots everyone has the misfortune of being put in the same team with. You can make yourself feel better by justifying your bad attitude. But if you can't see beyond the simple fact that just by not trying at all, you are doing your team a huge disservice then you will always be someone that people will point to as to why solo queueing is so frustrating.

Sorry but I have no interest in carrying n this toxic conversation

But just one Lucio or Mercy makes you feel safe right

Why does everyone have to retort with super snarky as hell black-and-white bullshit? Of course I don't feel "safe". What kind of dumbass question is that?

And why is this even an argument? Pick Zenyatta all you want if there's other supports, but only Zenyatta as support just doesn't cut it.

When it's overtime and your team is walking back, your job is to keep the overtime timer as high as possible. If you're a squishy character, you touch the point, escape, loop around, touch it again, rinse and repeat, to the best of your ability. No matter who you are. Someone on the respawn should have picked Tracer or Lucio to take over that job for you, and your odds of winning go from 0% to something greater than 0%.

Why does everyone have to retort with super snarky as hell black-and-white bullshit? Of course I don't feel "safe". What kind of dumbass question is that?

And why is this even an argument? Pick Zenyatta all you want if there's other supports, but only Zenyatta as support just doesn't cut it.

Zenyatta is totally reasonable as the only support. Symmetra, on the other hand, is not. She's really more of a Defense character than a support, and should be classified as such.

LiK

Guys, I tried going solo again for one game cuz I couldn't join any groups and it was HORRIBLE. How do people keep playing with randoms?

Danj

What does the Lucio do? Skate around outside the point, firing in at Junkrat, until the Overtime bar expires and we lose.

WHY.

Oh god I hate that kind of thing so much. You're not far away from losing, so you need people to actually contest the point/payload to buy time, but instead they just circle round it shooting.

Guys, I tried going solo again for one game cuz I couldn't join any groups and it was HORRIBLE. How do people keep playing with randoms?

It can be either REALLY bad or pretty good. Sadly when I go solo it's when I see people choosing heroes that just make no sense. Attacking? We need a Widow and two Hanzos for sure, 3 Reapers? That will do it.

That's also when I see people being the most vicious, I mentioned that we probably didn't need three Reapers and I was informed I should kill myself.

Kyne

I never play with randoms. ;)

Seriously though. If I'm the only one on I'll go play something else. If I didn't have friends to play with I probably wouldn't play Overwatch at all. It goes 0to60 real quick in terms of me being interested in the game.

-Chrnocide

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Trying to capture the last point on Hanamura when you've got to fight snipers, bastions and turrets sure is annoying. Like... no matter what you do, one of those will kill you, especially if they're well placed. :(

Danj

I'm guessing either you have friends who are online 24/7 or you don't play much then?

It's perfectly possible to win games with randoms, they're not ALL useless idiots who can't tell their arse from their elbow. If I'm playing during the day (for example, like today, when I have a day off) then most of my games tend to be with randoms because everyone else is at work or whatever.

LiK

Seriously though. If I'm the only one on I'll go play something else. If I didn't have friends to play with I probably wouldn't play Overwatch at all. It goes 0to60 real quick in terms of me being interested in the game.

-Chrnocide

Dude, I forgot what your GAF name was. Always enjoy playing with your crew. The party chat is always entertaining.

When it's overtime and your team is walking back, your job is to keep the overtime timer as high as possible. If you're a squishy character, you touch the point, escape, loop around, touch it again, rinse and repeat, to the best of your ability. No matter who you are.

100% this. Your job is to reset the Overtime meter until a Tracer/Lucio/Winston joins the battle, then they can reset it until the rest of the cavalry arrive.

Mupod

One thing I'm noticing is that not too many people play as Zarya or Zenyatta.

People are waking up to Zarya lately. I'm seeing her all the time, and it's frustrating when teammates feed her energy for free.

Zenyatta is becoming less common. I've had people flip their shit on me for picking him at all.

My problem with zenyatta, if i pick him no one else will go healer and if there's already one they'll change to something else.

I was up against a decent Zenyatta player yesterday, as someone who plays him a lot I can immediately recognize one that knows what they are doing. After 2 rounds we got shuffled on to the same team so I went Lucio and holy crap did we ever dominate.

I can make Zenyatta work as a solo healer if I have good team support, but there's no point when people fuck off to random corners of the map. He works great with another support and a Reinhardt but it's hard enough to get your team to pick something other than genji/widow/reaper/tracer/76 every round.

oddly enough the most success I ever had as Zenyatta was on a team of Reinhardt, two Widows, Symmetra, and Torbjorn. We basically just hid behind the shield and any flankers got destroyed by my super tanky Zen, Symmetra and the turret. Symmetra kept their Reinhardt at bay long enough for his shield to get burned down. Was not expecting that team to work out at all.

Kyne

I'm guessing either you have friends who are online 24/7 or you don't play much then?

It's perfectly possible to win games with randoms, they're not ALL useless idiots who can't tell their arse from their elbow. If I'm playing during the day (for example, like today, when I have a day off) then most of my games tend to be with randoms because everyone else is at work or whatever.

Yeah, it's the 24/7 thing. 90% of the people in my life play Overwatch.. Work friends, social life friends, online friends (ironically enough out of all of those it's my GF who plays it the most). It's actually kind of a problem as there's never enough time to play with everyone, and the parties I run are always full. I don't mean to /brag but it's just kind of how it is. I'm pretty grateful.

If we ever have any gaps I usually fill them in with old Destiny-GAF people (hello LiK).

Dude, I forgot what your GAF name was. Always enjoy playing with your crew. The party chat is always entertaining.

Lol, I figured as much. I didn't mean to sound pretentious by signing my name. Yeah, we're a fun bunch... sometimes the party chat can go a little sideways though. I apologize in advance. :p

R0ckman

But they nerfed Winston's sheild because of double Winston. They should probably look at this double heroes thing.

After a truly shitty run at loot crates, I got two legendary drops in one crate last night--Genji's Bedouin outfit and a 500 coin chest, which I used to buy Winston's Frogston outfit.

LiK

Yeah, it's the 24/7 thing. 90% of the people in my life play Overwatch.. Work friends, social life friends, online friends (ironically enough out of all of those it's my GF who plays it the most). It's actually kind of a problem as there's never enough time to play with everyone, and the parties I run are always full. I don't mean to /brag but it's just kind of how it is. I'm pretty grateful.

If we ever have any gaps I usually fill them in with old Destiny-GAF people (hello LiK).

Lol, I figured as much. I didn't mean to sound pretentious by signing my name. Yeah, we're a fun bunch... sometimes the party chat can go a little sideways though. I apologize in advance. :p

Yea, it's fun. I need party chat to keep me entertained or else I'll just resort to listening to a podcast while I play. Sorry I don't chat but I prefer playing without a headset for Overwatch. Maybe I'll use it for the competitive modes.

FYI, I was dying when someone couldn't figure out how to add or join people the other night. XD

That line of thought is why you get snark. Zen alone doesn't cut it for you, in your experiences, and that's it. He could use a life or mobility buff but it's no more of a wash if he's the only support than it is a guaranteed win with Lucio and/or Mercy.

LiK

I'm actually annoyed more people play Zarya now. I saw a lot last night but it was mainly because they counterpicked my Zarya with her. Guys, stop using her so I can feel special!

R0ckman

The community is actually pretty bad on OW on average, its so bad my friend list is filling from people desperate for decent players to group with, if they meet an above average gamer from either team during games. I very rarely got friend request in other online games as constantly as I do in this.

This is on PC, not sure how its going on consoles though.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
They need to put a cap on simultaneous characters and lower the health on Torbjorn's turret.

Health is fine on the turret, nerf it and it would go down too easily and nobody would play Torbjorn anymore.

One thing they could do I guess is make it so the turret cannot rotate 360 degrees and only 180?

LiK

The community is actually pretty bad on OW on average, its so bad my friend list is filling from people desperate for decent players to group with, if they meet an above average gamer from either team during games. I very rarely got friend request in other online games as constantly as I do in this.

What platform?

Health is fine on the turret, nerf it and it would go down too easily and nobody would play Torbjorn anymore.

One thing they could do I guess is make it so the turret cannot rotate 360 degrees and only 180?

A range nerf would do more than a health nerf since it's not that durable anyway. Same health and 360 degree tracking with less range would make a big difference

R0ckman

The priority is buggy as hell on the turret, had a ulting winston beating the hell out of the torb and turret right in front if it, the turret is shooting at me as McCree taking an ocassional pot shot at it. I slowed down my rate seeing if it would shoot at Winston, nope, kept up the fire on me until it went down.

Later I high noon with my team in front of me and it immediately turns to me.

kromeo

People keep saying it but I'd rather see a long cooldown on building another turret after they're destroyed. Particularly when there's 2 torbs on the other team it can feel like you're constantly fighting waves of turrets

LiK

I think Torb should have a longer cooldown in building a turret. The ability to make it so quickly is why multiple Torbs doing defense is so hard to crack especially in maps like Hanamura.

I also think McCree should have a cooldown for fan hammer like Soldier with his rockets. I dunno why he can just keep using that so much.

R0ckman

What platform?

PC, I have it on PS4 too since a lot of GAF has it on there but I'm not sure I can deal with two seperate accounts of this game.

I got a very bad migrane from one session of play being constantly put on bad teams not playing the objective.

Maximo

XSldKGe.jpg

So true....

LiK

PC, I have it on PS4 too since a lot of GAF has it on there but I'm not sure I can deal with two seperate accounts of this game.

I got a very bad migrane from one session of play being constantly put on bad teams not playing the objective.

Play with me on PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom