• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.
so last night i thought my WR% was going to go down with all those losses but we turned it around for a bit. i don't think we managed to win all those losses we made but i checked my stats. i'm still at 55%.

also i'm terrible as torbjorn, junkrat, reaper and zarya.

patchday

PC, I have it on PS4 too since a lot of GAF has it on there but I'm not sure I can deal with two seperate accounts of this game.

I got a very bad migrane from one session of play being constantly put on bad teams not playing the objective.

If you look at advice from pros (or high elo players) in most any game they will advise focus on your own play and try to communicate. Game has emotes like "Group up with me!"

I have a lot of coworkers / friends that play but I still do a lot of solo play. Granted I just play for fun and focus on improving my own skillset (I dont worry bout others). But I do give kudos in chat after match ending to helpful teammates and I give grats during PoTG rather its my team or not.

Especially if I see a Support!

My MMR could be much higher than yours though

Mupod

console overwatch discussion is like a bizarro world where mass Torbjorn is apparently a threat and not a silly joke match. I still don't see how Zarya wouldn't solve that problem, is her beam impossible to aim with sticks?

I was a massive proponent for playing with randoms. I felt like it was what gave this game a really strong future.

But I had a killer weekend of playing in party chat. And I'm approaching the higher levels.

I can't tell which is to blame, but holy hell has this week been impossible.

LiK

console overwatch discussion is like a bizarro world where mass Torbjorn is apparently a threat and not a silly joke match. I still don't see how Zarya wouldn't solve that problem, is her beam impossible to aim with sticks?

Are you able to beat 6 Torbs doing defense in Hanamura consistently?

Gumbie

What's the best counter to a Bastion with a damage boosting pocket Mercy that are both protected with a Reinhardt shield? I'm seeing this more and more lately. No matter what I try to do to counter it that damage boosted Bastion insta melts everything.

What's the best counter to a Bastion with a damage boosting pocket Mercy that are both protected with a Reinhardt shield? I'm seeing this more and more lately. No matter what I try to do to counter it that damage boosted Bastion insta melts everything.

get zarya to ult on them and everyone just keep blasting at the target

Azoor

Get a Genji and have Zarya give him a shield.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
She is a Pro Gamer with a history of being a professional Starcraft player and even streams her battles online.

Tell me she doesn't eat Doritos !

I didn't know that all of those together = eating Doritos.

But i don't follow esports or video game tournaments/streaming, so I guess that explains it.

maouvin

Dva ult also works well, maybe mei if you use the wall to get up close

Only if you manage to throw it in a way Rein can't shield it. Right on front or too behind and he can just block the explosion (with Bastion covering his back if needed).

Must do it just right.

Blues1990

She is a Pro Gamer with a history of being a professional Starcraft player and even streams her battles online.

Tell me she doesn't eat Doritos !

At the very least, consuming Chinese takeout or gallons of Mountain Dew. You know, because all gamers have "healthy" eating habits!

LiK

But first you need to bring down Reinhardt's shield, or else it will block the ult.

True, unless you can get it above them and it happens to drop behind the shield. Altho a good Reinhardt will block it.

Also, I hate the D.Va Ult doesn't automatically destroy his shields.

R0ckman

Suicide ulting Tracer, after that make sure you let your team know to make that Bastions life a living hell until he switches out. DO NOT let them keep setting up shop.

maouvin

Reinhardt's shield blocks D.Va's nuke? Holy shit did not know this. Thought it would destroy him. Good to know.

If the shield has at least 1hp, it'll block the ult, breaking afterwards if if had less health than the ult damage.

edit: oh, and if there's a wall nearby, Rein can charge the exploding mech, slam it on the wall and put up the shield before the explosion, saving the team (instead of sacrificing himself like many youtube videos show you). Not a common thing to be able to do, but doable nonetheless.

Zarya's barrier works similarly, I'd assume Winston's too. It took me a while to realize that and it's extremely useful knowledge.

For some reason I never tried to block DVa's ult with Winton's barrier. Need to try it someday, but it should work the same, yes.

Mupod

Are you able to beat 6 Torbs doing defense in Hanamura consistently?

Yes. I ran into exactly that a while ago and it was the most hilariously one sided match I've had. Just dwarves running in a panic everywhere as 100 energy orbs blow up in their faces.

Now if you combine a Reinhardt + Bastion and my own team refusing to switch to one Junkrat yeah that's too much for just me.

If the shield has at least 1hp, it'll block the ult, breaking afterwards if if had less health than the ult damage.

Zarya's barrier works similarly, I'd assume Winston's too. It took me a while to realize that and it's extremely useful knowledge.

Skittles

mei ice wall and be on your way

Another option is Widowmaker peek and poke. It should only take 3 charged shots to kill the Bastion. Even if Mercy starts healing, you should be able to out-damage that.

It will require finding a good angle where you don't expose yourself too much. Ideally, you'll have other teammates around that the Bastion can target, too.

kromeo

Won't always work but a lot of the time the Bastion will panic and change out of turret mode as soon as they hear the nerf this

Reinhardt's shield blocks D.Va's nuke? Holy shit did not know this. Thought it would destroy him. Good to know.
Her ult does 1,000 damage. Reinhardt's shield can eat 2,000 if undamaged.

And D.Va's damage happens all at once, so even a damaged shield (or a Zarya field) will chomp it with no problem. Not sure about Winston's bubble.

I've missed out on 4 kills with her Ult cuz stupid ass Reinhardt blocked it.

They need to buff her ult... Make it so she doesn't announce it like 5 times before it goes off.

Everyone just runs now. Which you know can still help clear an area but you hardly get kills with it anymore.

That line of thought is why you get snark. Zen alone doesn't cut it for you, in your experiences, and that's it. He could use a life or mobility buff but it's no more of a wash if he's the only support than it is a guaranteed win with Lucio and/or Mercy.

Why are you putting words in my mouth? I never said that having Mercy/Lucio is a guaranteed win, did I? If I did, could you please find the quote where I said it? I'd love to see it.

Zenyatta being the only support in a team composition might work, sure, but so can a team of 6 Meis. So can compositions without a tank or without any support at all.
That doesn't mean it's a balanced comp. Zenyatta is clearly offensively focused as a support, his proper support capabilities are much less then those of Mercy, Lucio and even Symmetra. And that's without even considering his mess of a kit and his need of a buff/rework.

LiK

They need to buff her ult... Make it so she doesn't announce it like 5 times before it goes off.

Everyone just runs now. Which you know can still help clear an area but you hardly get kills with it anymore.

Yea, or the explosion needs to happen quicker. They give the enemy way too much time compared to other Ults.

Can you imagine how OP it would be if it lasted longer?

Only want a second longer. ;)

abundant

It's going to get worse when people realize that you can block it with Reinhardt's shield, Mei's Ice Wall, and Zarya's bubble shield.

Blues1990

Got a pentakill with Tracer's sticky bomb to completely comeback from a 20%-99% situation

Felt so so good.

Getting a kill (or multi-kill) with Tracer's Pulse Bomb always feels satisfying. Probably my favourite moment was when I attached one to a charging Reinhardt, and it went off when everyone on the opposing team was caught in the blast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom