• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
- Three snipers

- All tanks

- Mercy at start, then switches 1 min in.

- Three Soldiers

- A switch to Rein with 5 sec left on the clock... and we have one already... on defense

... these are the teams me and my buddy got stuck with tonight. Was not fun at all.I don't know what it was, but tonight was FISHER PRICE MY FIRST VIDEO GAME.

besada

Banned
So i've been thinking about how to buff torj on PC and I think he needs this
-Give level 1 turret 25 armor (total hp stays the same)
-Give level 2 turret 50 armor (total hp stays the same)
-Give level 3 turret 100 armor (total hp stays the same)
-Slightly increase hammer speed
The best buff for Torbjorn is learning turret placement. With good turret placement he doesn't need any sort of buff. He's already nearly unstoppable on some maps with the right placement.

I just played a game with a Tracer on my team who just didn't let anyone do even play. Like, they absolutely stomped the other team single-handedly. Ended the game with 74 Eliminations while half of us just sat on the point doing nothing. :l

The best buff for Torbjorn is learning turret placement. With good turret placement he doesn't need any sort of buff. He's already nearly unstoppable on some maps with the right placement.

I'm not going to see he's almost unstoppable, but this is a big part of playing him. On certain maps he can be godly (a notably good Torbjorn map being Illios: Well since he can lock down any flankers coming through Church while still tagging Pharah's main route and half the CP) with the right positioning.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I just played a game with a Tracer on my team who just didn't let anyone do even play. Like, they absolutely stomped the other team single-handedly. Ended the game with 74 Eliminations while half of us just sat on the point doing nothing. :l

I'm not going to see he's almost unstoppable, but this is a big part of playing him. On certain maps he can be godly (a notably good Torbjorn map being Illios: Well since he can lock down any flankers coming through Church while still tagging Pharah's main route and half the CP) with the right positioning.

Damn.

besada

Banned
I played a game today where I was Reinhardt, so I went to the point to be a nice shield for everyone else. And stood there, by myself, for the whole round. I never saw a single enemy player. My team bottled them up so tightly they never even saw me twiddling my thumbs at the point:)

Any character you can get fifteen and twenty kill streaks from while talking on the phone with your wife just doesn't need a buff:)

Rize_21

To be honest, it's kinda surprising how few people actually spawncamp, it's just like nobody expect someone to do it, if they use to come back like lemmings( and god knows they're legions) you can rack up eliminations to new highs.

How do I "git gud" with Winston and also how do I stop a bastion that is pinning my team down.

FACTS.

Don't jump into the midst of the enemy unless your entire team is ready to unload on them while they're distracted. Try to take side avenues into the enemy's back line to fuck with their squishies. Jump in, harass, drop your shield if you gotta, jump out. Duck in and out of the shield as the enemy moves in and out of it to keep yourself on the opposite side from enemies. If the enemy team is super coordinated and not spread out enough to provide you with lone targets, play corners and doorways where possible, staying with your team and using your shield to give your teammates room to do their own thing.

As for bastion... duck in and out of cover between shots as hanzo, pharah, junkrat, or widowmaker. Use genji's deflect to wreck him, remembering to dodge back into cover before it wears off. If a reinhardt steps out with a shield for you, you can even make the most of it with some of the weaker snipers, like pedestrian d.va, mercy, lucio, zenyatta. If he has his own reinhardt, either fuck up that shield from a location that can't see you with junkrat (the shield is going to extend beyond the bastion, so this should be possible) or go for the bastion directly using symmetra's charge shot from long range.

grimmiq

While I'm pretty terrible at shooters..I find it near impossible to snipe on PS4..I don't know how people do it..So I never touch Widow/Hanzo.

besada

Banned
To be honest, it's kinda surprising how few people actually spawncamp, it's just like nobody expect someone to do it, if they use to come back like lemmings( and god knows they're legions) you can rack up eliminations to new highs.
Nothing funnier than setting up turrets in the backfield in between waves of lemmings.

Skittles

You keep saying armor does nothing. It is very effective against a large number of heroes. And you're ignoring the hammer attack speed increase which would take significant advantage of that turret armor. It's already a 300 hp turret, that's more hp than a lot of heroes, not even counting torbjorn healing it.
I didn't say armor does nothing, I said armor does nothing against his counters. What the armor helps is for people who shouldn't be able to counter him

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

This is true. And I find that never placing them in the same spot once they are destroyed also helps.

Holy shit.

I'm starting to learn Tracer and I'm not very good with yet. And I'm terrible with her sticky bomb.

Tonight was just frustrating game after frustrating game.

mbpm1

that feeling as a support when you're just like...what could I have done to help a team that won't work together

idc most of the time but still

besada

Banned
This is true. And I find that never placing them in the same spot once they are destroyed also helps.
Keep an eye out for bushes and trees you can climb into. There are a lot of nice places where it's really hard to see the turret, but it still has a decent line of sight. I've played Torb a bunch, but I still find new and amusing locations nearly every game.

Pilgrimzero

Ah Hanamura point B where the defenders locked it down with 2 Bastions and 2 Thorbs.

Can't wait for them to get rid of people having multiples of a character in a team.

th4tguy

Finding it really difficult to hover fire with pharaoh on ps4. Can't aim and hold x at same time. Makes getting her trophy (kill 4 in air) kind of tough.

that feeling as a support when you're just like...what could I have done to help a team that won't work together

idc most of the time but still

Communicate. No one talks in this game when I play PUG and then we all wonder why Reaper has PotG after dropping on our heads with his Ult.

Question: Is a pug group when you have all randoms, or a pre-made group with people you don't know? I see it used interchangeably sometimes.

grimmiq

I'm just going to pretend like I knew this.

Don't worry, I asked said the exact same thing like a week after launch.

Also a question regarding the account link thing..I have the Origins PS4 version, if I buy the standard PC version can I use my PS4 skins on PC? Wait, skins aren't shared, just stats?

Rad-

While I'm pretty terrible at shooters..I find it near impossible to snipe on PS4..I don't know how people do it..So I never touch Widow/Hanzo.

I haven't seen even one good Widowmaker on PS4. She's very hard to play with a controller. Hanzo however is much easier because of bigger projectile hitboxes.

grimmiq

I haven't seen even one good Widowmaker on PS4. She's very hard to play with a controller. Hanzo however is much easier because of bigger projectile hitboxes.

My Hanzo strategy is "I see you over there, I'm just going to fire dozens of arrows in your general direction." *kill*

LiK

i've seen two so far. they're rare but when you encounter them, they are pretty infuriating.

Ugh. Trying to get the in-air Widowmaker achievement for my fiance post-patch is so much harder than it was before the changes. RIP half-scope.

spiritfox

The problem with Symmetra's teleporter is more an issue with map design than anything. If Blizzard made it so the defense spawns were further from the final point then Symmetra would be more useful then.

The problem with Symmetra's teleporter is more an issue with map design than anything. If Blizzard made it so the defense spawns were further from the final point then Symmetra would be more useful then.

Point A) Symmetra useful on defense

Point B) Symmetra useful on offense

She's still situational, but I think it's okay. Certainly I don't think defense should have to rely on Symmetra to have a chance in hell of holding out at the end, and only while her ult is up.

Man. For me, there is Genji, and then there is everybody else. He is so fun and risky and the rest of the characters feel so easy to play in comparison. I would love Blizz to make more of them hard to learn characters.

Man. For me, there is Genji, and then there is everybody else. He is so fun and risky and the rest of the characters feel so easy to play in comparison. I would love Blizz to make more of them hard to learn characters.

You are the kind of person who keeps my desk neat and tidy. :p

Does anyone know the DPS on each stage of Torbs turret?

Symmetra's super is all about time saving, and you have to actually pay attention to the clock to really see the benefit.

The Capture maps are the best way to do this.

Realize that a death on the Capture maps means 10 seconds of death, then a 25 second walk back to Point A, or a 10 second walk to point B.

Symmetra's Ult is negating most of the walk back, typically reducing the Point A walk to 5 seconds, and the Point B walk to 2-3 seconds. Depending on placement of course.

In both scenarios, you are roughly cutting the down time of a death by about half.

Depending on placement, you may also be providing a very valuable 3rd approach into Point B, to prevent being locked out of the fight in a critical moment of the game. Typically, when you get a few kills on Anubis, you know exactly where to watch for someone approaching the point. A well placed teleporter fixes this situation.

MartyStu

This is how I felt before I started playing Lucio. Lucio is life.

And more recently, I have found much joy in the Rocket Queen.

Skel1ingt0n

Tonight just isn't my night. That simple. I'm calling it.

Sometimes you just have to throw in the towel and try again next time.

I can guar-an-fucking-tee I'll have a Widow or Hanzo every.single.game. But if I DARE choose a character other than Mercy or Lucio, we go without a healer three out of every four games.

Symmetra's super is all about time saving, and you have to actually pay attention to the clock to really see the benefit.

The Capture maps are the best way to do this.

Realize that a death on the Capture maps means 10 seconds of death, then a 25 second walk back to Point A, or a 10 second walk to point B.

Symmetra's Ult is negating most of the walk back, typically reducing the Point A walk to 5 seconds, and the Point B walk to 2-3 seconds. Depending on placement of course.

In both scenarios, you are roughly cutting the down time of a death by about half.

Depending on placement, you may also be providing a very valuable 3rd approach into Point B, to prevent being locked out of the fight in a critical moment of the game. Typically, when you get a few kills on Anubis, you know exactly where to watch for someone approaching the point. A well placed teleporter fixes this situation.

Yeah, I just played a defense on Temple of Anubis where me and another guy were Symmetra, and we had teleporters all over the place at point B and it saved us the game a few times since our buddies were able to flank and come into the point from different entries than usual. It also helps distract the attackers from getting the point because they spend time trying to kill the teleporters, which are almost always off the point itself, giving you time to take them down.

Symmetra's teleporters are still useful even at point B or close to the end of the map on payloads, simply because the defending players are essentially being funneled through a specific entrance and in a match where literally two seconds is the difference between stopping the payload and letting the attacking team getting it to the point, having a teleporter there can save you the game and get somebody from defense on there to extend overtime.

spiritfox

Point A) Symmetra useful on defense

Point B) Symmetra useful on offense

She's still situational, but I think it's okay. Certainly I don't think defense should have to rely on Symmetra to have a chance in hell of holding out at the end, and only while her ult is up.

The spawn moves forward for point B for attack so it's not a particularly long walk anyway. Not long enough to warrant switching out for Symmetra, which doesn't bring much else to the attacking team.

Aunbis is actually a pretty good point B for Sym, since it's a far enough walk from spawn and there are places near the point to hide it. Sym also fares ok on KotH if you can get an early hold. The rest though, wide open spaces with the spawn right next door, I rather have a Torb.

LowParry

I think Tracer is finally starting to click on how I should be playing her. Rush to get behind enemies. See a healer? Die. The rest come natural at that point. Genji I'm still trying to figure out. He's fun as hell but squishy. Lucio is by far my favorite healer. He's my jam. Hanzo just feels like a better sniper than Widow. I dunno. I haven't been following patch notes since I'm new to the game. How bad was Widow nerfed?

The spawn moves forward for point B for attack so it's not a particularly long walk anyway. Not long enough to warrant switching out for Symmetra, which doesn't bring much else to the attacking team.

Aunbis is actually a pretty good point B for Sym, since it's a far enough walk from spawn and there are places near the point to hide it. Sym also fares ok on KotH if you can get an early hold. The rest though, wide open spaces with the spawn right next door, I rather have a Torb.

Eh... you're looking at a 15-20 second walk on top of your already 10 second death time.

MartyStu

I think Tracer is finally starting to click on how I should be playing her. Rush to get behind enemies. See a healer? Die. The rest come natural at that point. Genji I'm still trying to figure out. He's fun as hell but squishy. Lucio is by far my favorite healer. He's my jam. Hanzo just feels like a better sniper than Widow. I dunno. I haven't been following patch notes since I'm new to the game. How bad was Widow nerfed?

It moderately raised the skill floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom