• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.
On PC I think it's pretty balanced right now, if anything I'd probably nerf Widowmaker a bit more (less health maybe?) because that first nerf was so minor and barely did anything.

Id agree with the feedback saying torb is definitely a problem, and that D.Va needs a slight buff.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Phara is fine. She's seeing a surge after the Widow and Cree nerfs but people will adapt.

Skittles

So i've been thinking about how to buff torj on PC and I think he needs this
-Give level 1 turret 25 armor (total hp stays the same)
-Give level 2 turret 50 armor (total hp stays the same)
-Give level 3 turret 100 armor (total hp stays the same)
-Slightly increase hammer speed

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah I've been forced to go widow just to counter dual pharahs weirdly enough. Definitely got an uptick in use recently.

nah torbjorn's fine on pc.

X-Frame

So I'm really bad at shooters, but I'm having a lot of fun here.

My aiming is really bad (especially since I'm on console :( ) so I stick with support, mostly Lucio with a bit of Mercy. Though I really wanna use Winston since his weapon is auto-aim but I'm having a lot of issue on knowing what to do exactly to do to help my team. Any tips for him? I try to stick with my team and activating the barrier if necessary, but I don't feel like I'm contributing much outside that.

The way I play Winston is basically like a tankier Tracer. You Leap ideally ontop of squisher, lower health enemies and just harass them with your Tesla Cannon, and if you continually bunny-hop around you should kill them before they kill you (watch out for Reaper or McCree though).

Otherwise, just Leap into a group of enemies and Tesla the hell out of them and as soon as your Leap is off cool down just Leap away to safety, ideally to a Health Pack. Rinse and repeat. You can seriously disrupt an entire team if you can imagine a huge Gorilla continually jumping ontop of you and then jumping away before you can kill him.

Use his Ult either when you're about to die (it restores your health and boosts your health to 1,000 HP) but especially when you want to just smash the hell out of the enemy team and break them apart. Watch out for Torb turrets and Bastion though because they seem to be immobile when you're in Ultimate and you can't knock them around.

Otherwise, it's Hit and Run with Winston, he's not there to just soak up damage and Tank for the team, he's there to disrupt teams (ideally their weaker more vulnerable back lines) and his mobility with his Leap is tremendous for escaping.

Zaventem

Does anyone have the webm of winston and a genji on the same team going for a health pack, the winston nods for genji to take it then a reaper just comes and takes it? sad i didn't save that.

So basically make it impossible to 1v1 a turret that is getting repaired? No thanks.

may as well let other torb repair other peoples turret too.

MUnited83

For you.
Jesus are you some kind of madman? This sounds terrible.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
The turret basically is another person, why would try taking it out by yourself? I think you're severely overestimating armor too. Right now his turrets melt hilariously fast. This is balance for a single torj, not multiple.

Any balance for a single impacts multiple though.

The turret basically is another person, why would try taking it out by yourself? I think you're severely overestimating armor too. Right now his turrets melt hilariously fast. This is balance for a single torj, not multiple.

I take out turrets 1v1 all the time. It's a bit harder when a torbjorn is healing it of course which is why you start killing the torbjorn and then the turret, or both if you're pharah/aoe heavy.

His turret already has 300 hp and he can heal it or ult which brings it to above full health, that's durable af. Adding armor and faster hammer hit, and thus healing buff, on top of that would lead this game into a really dumb direction. We really don't want torbjorn to have a power increase, making him stronger against his counters or the character's he 50/50s is a really bad idea.

Being able to take out a turret solo is important for removing it without unnecessary damage for other players and allowing them to focus on actual opponents.

Torbjorn is fine as is, maybe even a little too gifted.

If you nerf Torb's turrets you are really going to have to buff him somewhere else, he's so unviable against a good team it's not even funny.

DasFool

How about a nerf to his armor buff? I find it somewhat ridiculous that he can instantly throw out 75 health to himself four times with no cooldown in between. He can basically self-Molten Core himself while still firing. How about his rivet gun that has no damage fall-off and can effectively snipe people? How about Molten Core instantly adding 800 health to his turret and 300 to himself whereas Bastion only gains 150 for his tank form?

Also, fuck the fact that multiple Torbjorns get individual scrap off drops. 8000 armor packs everywhere.

Torbjorn is a lot of fun to play, but the man needs some sort of adjustment. Maybe make armor take a few seconds in between tosses or raise the scrap cost of it or lower the rivet gun damage or just ANYTHING.

Lokbob

Nerving Pharah just makes Reaper even more stupid than he is now. Its like his only counter and he still can get away.

I take teams full of Bastions and Torbs any day over Reaper.

Skittles

I take out turrets 1v1 all the time. It's a bit harder when a torbjorn is healing it of course which is why you start killing the torbjorn and then the turret, or both if you're pharah/aoe heavy.

His turret already has 300 hp and he can heal it or ult which brings it to above full health, that's durable af. Adding armor and faster hammer hit, and thus healing buff, on top of that would lead this game into a really dumb direction. We really don't want torbjorn to have a power increase, making him stronger against his counters or the character's he 50/50s is a really bad idea.
More armor wouldn't affect his counters though. Armor reduces only up to a certain amount, so big damage hits are still the most effective way to kill them (So pharah, zarya, any sniper). It's not like the turret's total hp would change from it is now, would still be 150, 300, 800. This just makes it so not everyone can shred his turrets.

Any balance for a single impacts multiple though.
True, but the game should not be balanced for multiples anyway. Goes against their philosophy of hero switching and it makes it to where some heroes will stay gimped. Since they would be afraid to increase the hero's potential as it would make multiple ridiculous. Honestly they should just remove hero stacking from all game modes except brawl. The game would be better off for it and some heroes could actually become decent picks against competent teams

LiK

Pharah doesn't need a nerf. She dies quick from any player who can hit her. Her rockets don't even do that much damage unless you get direct hits. She's perfect as is.

R0ckman

What is the deal with people still having trouble with suicide Reapers? If a Reaper is rushing to you alone he's trying to ult.

Always back up to watch my team melt.

darklin0

Banned
bwrwmHx.jpg
WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY. T-T
I was grouped with one Reaper lol

More armor wouldn't affect his counters though. Armor reduces only up to a certain amount, so big damage hits are still the most effective way to kill them (So pharah, zarya, any sniper). It's not like the turret's total hp would change from it is now, would still be 150, 300, 800. This just makes it so not everyone can shred his turrets.

You keep saying armor does nothing. It is very effective against a large number of heroes. And you're ignoring the hammer attack speed increase which would take significant advantage of that turret armor. It's already a 300 hp turret, that's more hp than a lot of heroes, not even counting torbjorn healing it.

Veelk

Banned
Okay, um....wow

I just got done with my first round of matches and I couldn't believe how fun it was to play every character I tried out. I played D.Va, Reaper, Mercy, a little bit of Dad 76, and Widowmaker, and they were all pretty good.

I especially like D.Va as a character concept. I'm in a mech, wrecking fools, that I can use to explode, but I played way better as reaper.

This is kind of a new experience for me, because I don't think I ever was as into an MP match as I was here. I mentioned here earlier that I generally like SP games because I like pacing, story, and some sense of ending. The MP's that held my attention before were Halo and Gears of War mostly, but even then, I was more excited to play the singleplayer. Even team fortress 2 didn't really hold me. But here, it's just really, really fun in a way I didn't expect it to be. I already want to play more, but I have other stuff to do.

So yeah, I took a risk getting this game, because I was really unsure whether I'd like it, but I feel I'm already hooked after an hour's play session, and I really want to try out other characters.

Kito

Does damage boost on Torb or Sym affect their turrets?

Also, is Mercy's run speed reduced when healing stream is active?

Gator86

hanzo's not op at all, he's just kinda bullshit

not sure how they could fix that without making him suck badly

Yup, that sums up my feels on it. He never feels overly dominant, but I'm constantly like "man, fuck Hanzo." There's just very few things in his kit that make you say, wow, well played when it kills you.

Animator

Fuck no Torb doesnt need a buff at all on PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom