• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Tracer is finally starting to click on how I should be playing her. Rush to get behind enemies. See a healer? Die. The rest come natural at that point. Genji I'm still trying to figure out. He's fun as hell but squishy. Lucio is by far my favorite healer. He's my jam. Hanzo just feels like a better sniper than Widow. I dunno. I haven't been following patch notes since I'm new to the game. How bad was Widow nerfed?

Full charge body shots now do 120 instead of 150. Headshots remain uncharged. She has to wait the full duration of her scope in/scope out animation before she can scope out/scope in.

LiK

Her teleporter is indeed useful. I remember having it next to a capture point and the enemy could not take a hold of it cuz my guys kept dying and coming back. I almost got the 20 teleportation trophy. Was down by one guy, argh.

Blizzard

Banned
Well it looks like the server disconnect/lag/kick leaver penalty went away after 2 games. I'll be sad if I get a server disconnect and penalties once competitive mode starts though.

Also, does the widow nerf make her airborne headshot achievement almost impossible now? The scope charge time seems to make it tough.

The spawn moves forward for point B for attack so it's not a particularly long walk anyway. Not long enough to warrant switching out for Symmetra, which doesn't bring much else to the attacking team.

Aunbis is actually a pretty good point B for Sym, since it's a far enough walk from spawn and there are places near the point to hide it. Sym also fares ok on KotH if you can get an early hold. The rest though, wide open spaces with the spawn right next door, I rather have a Torb.

Volskaya has a few good nooks for a Symmetra teleporter at point B. I'd say Hanamura is the least needing a teleporter at point B of the three Capture maps, the walk back is really straightforward and there aren't too many places to leave it that don't leave it completely exposed. Although an offensive Symmetra has a couple of really great spots for teleporters on that particular map.

As a person who has spent a lot of time as both Torbjorn and Symmetra - I think Torbjorn is better suited for both Anubis and Volskaya Point A, and Hanamura point B, while Symmetra has an edge in Hanamura A and Anubis and Volskaya B.

27774599406_62c3dd9b52_c.jpg

tumblr_mulzh6zJy71rqdlf6o2_250.gif

It hurts

spiritfox

Eh... you're looking at a 15-20 second walk on top of your already 10 second death time.

Sure, but you're missing the opportunity cost. For 6 teleports every, say minute or so, you're losing a person who might be a healer (healing plus their ults), an attacker (defense breaking), or a tank (tanky things). Symmetra's other tools don't offer much to the attacking team. Turrets are useless, shields are pretty useless in general (another thing that needs rework), her primary is good but not amazing. A Mercy is more useful in recovering momentum if an assault fails anyway.

eek5

Nice. I got mechaqueen. Not a huge fan but a non-dupe legendary is a non-dupe legendary. I have both mechaqueen and raindancer now (got raindancer twice). Too bad I'm pretty mediocre with pharah :(

Davidion

Had a game going to hell defending Route 66 that was helped a bit by switching to D.VA. The close quarter melees makes her shine quite a bit. End-of-game clutch self-destruct didn't hurt either

I'm realizing my positioning and zoning are huge problems. I've a lot of success with even generally coordinated teams where I can use a defense/support/tank decently, but I'm kinda like a fish out of water if the coordination is off. Can't duel for my life.

Oh well...matchmaking don't fail me now. ...

Add me onto the list that thinks Mercy's ult needs a fail-state. I've killed or hooked her so close to the start of it, but nope, there's everyone I killed respawning around me.

And it's really unclear when you can start hurting them, because it's after they can move. Usually?

Had a Mei complaining we didn't have a healer on Hanamura defense but didn't want to switch, he was saying it was my friend's responsibility because he had last pick. We won without a healer, my friend did 30% of our damage with Junkrat, and Mei didn't do much after all the talk of us being idiots.

Idk, something about a Mei saying it, Mei can do work, but she's almost never necessary to a comp. It's not like being the only tank on a team of Tracers saying the same thing.

I think if they changed dupe gold from 20% to 50% it would basically solve a lot of people's pain.
Yea, if only for legendaries cause it's such a robbery.

I think if they changed dupe gold from 20% to 50% it would basically solve a lot of people's pain.

They're not gonna do that. Legendary gold being more valuable than a duplicate legendary is no coincidence.

The issue is the incidence of duplicates for already rare items.

Ugh, played a pub match where me and another guy both picked Symmetra. I was nice and switched, and then as the match goes on and the other guy earns his ult., he set up his teleporter on the edge of a cliff. Yeah, one of THOSE clever assholes. Luckily I usually pause to get my bearings before sprinting away from the teleporter, but I saw at least one other teammate who wasn't as lucky. If you're gonna troll, at least be original about it.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
It just has a weird travel time to me. I'm getting better at just melting people with her primary fire though. People keep saying that you need a lower mouse dpi for her but i find that i could only track people well by setting my dpi higher.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
This salt..... is my curse.....

Getting fucked by these meta teams. Two Reaper, two lucio, Zarya, Hanzo on KOTH. Reaper/Pharah/Zarya/Mercy quadruple ult on Anubis B.

Just reamed all night by these ultra-coordinated teams. I don't even dare to practice Genji now because I know I'd just be throwing.

cBj1LTf.png

wetwired

This happened a few nights ago but what started as a game of 6 D.Va vs another team, On the russian map attacking, we all flew across the river on the left and came in behind and dominated the first point. Rushed the second point and finished the map in the fastest I've ever seen.

Next we were on defense and all went Roadhog. We didn't do well on the first point and lost it quickly but after that we managed to successfully hold the next point to win.

This is where it descended into chaos. Next map was Hollywood, both teams went Winston, so 6v6 monkey business. It was chaos, you couldn't see shit as the first point was just a sea of monkeys seething around. One would rage and bash people around and then another and so on. Because they all have such high health and short attack ranges the round actually lasted a while. We literally held the first point in contention for a good 5 minutes without break before we lost it.

Then it just became a moving sea of monkeys on the cart and we eventually lost as they pushed through, very very slowly.

I must have had a stroke or something as I can't remember how we went pushing the cart on hollywood. But after that it was route 66 on attack and both teams again went tracer this time. A bit more fun but we found anytime you choose the same classes the gunfights tend to get more drawn out. I was ready for bed by then but by the sound of it they were all lined up to go Hanzo 6v6 which would have been fun.

zoukka

Just starting as Genji. Any tips?

Forget about frontal assault. Use your mobility to attack from the sides and behind the enemy team. Always target healers/snipers/buiders. Your left click does a lot of damage if all the shurikens hit and you can fire+shift into big burst, followed by a quick turn and spamming right click up close. Try to remember the cooldown reset after a kill, you can wreak havoc if you just remember to dash and double jump all the time.

Also just watch Seagulls genji videos.

terrible

Banned
Gotta love it when you're all of a sudden stuck in matchmaking hell vs people 3x your level. I really don't like the skill system at all.

grimmiq

Gotta love it when you're all of a sudden stuck in matchmaking hell vs people 3x your level. I really don't like the skill system at all.

Level isn't really indicative of skill though. A great player could be lower level than someone who sucks but grinds nonstop. Hell, my lvl on PS4 is 26 and PC is 3 and I took out a 48 McCree (full HP) 1v1 as Mercy and I'm still a terrible player ;p.

And shit, my PSU is starting to make some aweful noises under load, haven't played anything on PC in a while, half hoping it's not failing and half hoping it will so I can use it as an excuse for some upgrades.

Trickster

Any Reinhardt players that can tell me how you vent after a game where your team ignores the enemy bastion completely, and then once the game is over gets mad at your for not using your shield more ?

Seriously, fuck Overwatch players. Ranked can't get here soon enough so I hopefully won't have to deal with idiots that haven't got a clue how the game works

eek5

Junkrat's steeltrap.

This is so amazing. Our last game tonight they went double or triple winston in overtime of the third round. I must've trapped like 4 different winston ults. Just dropping grenades on them while they're immobilized is hilarious :D

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Any Reinhardt players that can tell me how you vent after a game where your team ignores the enemy bastion completely, and then once the game is over gets mad at your for not using your shield more ?

Seriously, fuck Overwatch players. Ranked can't get here soon enough so I hopefully won't have to deal with idiots that haven't got a clue how the game works

Oh god yeah I can relate. Was pushing payload on numbani, made it to the final stretch, but then we had a bastion camped on that little alcove at the top. I was the rein, told people in chat that there's a bastion there, thinking that they would take care of it, but nope. Stayed there for the rest of the match and people kept running under him as if expecting him to not be there.

Went to go take care of it but there's a reaper waiting too and reaper + bastion = not great for reinhardt. You'd think that the soldier/mccree/pharah would take care of it pretty quickly but nope.

what is the best way to counter winston's ult?

Zenyetta.

Oh god zenyetta.

The only thing winston can do is to peace out.

TBH, i'm now satisfied if my team even acknowledges that i have a shield when i play Reinhardt and are actually using it for cover ... that's like a winning team already! (PS4)

But man, i really like a good Reinhardt in the team, it makes playing Zenyatta so much fun, lurk behind the shield, orb Reinhardt for staying power, discord anyone and their cat from behind the shield and throw some balls on them.

terrible

Banned
Level isn't really indicative of skill though. A great player could be lower level than someone who sucks but grinds nonstop. Hell, my lvl on PS4 is 26 and PC is 3 and I took out a 48 McCree (full HP) 1v1 as Mercy and I'm still a terrible player ;p.

And shit, my PSU is starting to make some aweful noises under load, haven't played anything on PC in a while, half hoping it's not failing and half hoping it will so I can use it as an excuse for some upgrades.

In theory I guess that's true but the difficulty has gone up about 3x as well so yeah lol. I just want to play against average players like in other games though.

Please Blizzard, make it possible to block players. I don't need two sniper on attack in every game. It's an instant loss. And why aren't these fuckers just playing some other game where it's ok acceptable to just go yolo and don't bother with teamplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom