• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.
But roadhog cant combokill EVERY hero, has huge hitbox, can be heard through 12 walls and cant teamwipe with a buttonpress.

I think Roadhog is currently being kept in check by how buggy his hook is. About half the time, characters you hook are placed next to you, meaning you miss your shotgun blast. This happens most often against Lucio and Genji.

I agree with everything you said. A Mccree close range will lose 90% of the time now. Why? His fan doesn't guarantee that all his shots will land which it doesn't 90% of the time. Anyone play Mccree for 2 matches will tell you that. He got not escape options, slow as heck. When you are getting pressured by reaper close range all you got is aim for headshots. Which is difficult when the reaper is melting you. Flash and fan wont kill him unless you get those miracle all six shots landing. He will just phase out and heal up. He cant out do solider 76 and medium range, can't hang with reaper at close range, his damage is lol mode at long distance. Only thing good for him is high noon. Anything he does other characters do better. He is useless imo and picking him is a waste of slot. Like you said hes a novelty. Picking him is kind of holding your team back in dps imo.

Find solace knowing that all characters are going to to get nerfed to McCree's level or more, people are complaining now about other characters now, some people are calling Roadhog insta-kill combo McCree levels of unfair, some are complaining about Mei, some Pharah, if they keep they winning crusade Blizzard will listen to them and in a years time no heroe will kill effectively without reloading 2 or 3 times, fun times ahead!

Crescende

Banned
kinda eating crow about lucio. he's basically a hero that can help out by doing minimal work. I haven't read any guides about him but I'm usually dancing on around the map and amping my healing sound for critical hp team mates, and using right click to situationally knock zarya's off ledges. feels good man

how else do people play lucio?

i love contesting nodes with him while wallriding around. King of overtime

Odrion

Banned
When I play a tank I hate it when our support is a Lucio and when I'm offense I love it when the other side choose a Lucio. His healing and ult just aren't as impactful as the other two healers.

Fun to play as tho. Especially when you're coordinating with a friend.

kinda eating crow about lucio. he's basically a hero that can help out by doing minimal work. I haven't read any guides about him but I'm usually dancing on around the map and amping my healing sound for critical hp team mates, and using right click to situationally knock zarya's off ledges. feels good man

how else do people play lucio?

Learn that speed boost is just as good at keeping people alive - if not more so - than the healing mode. I usually speed boost and only swap to healing when there are no enemies or I can "Amp it up". Don't speed boost on maps where people can fall off though unless you are sure your team isn't incompetent. :l

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Find solace knowing that all characters are going to to get nerfed to McCree's level or more, people are complaining now about other characters now, some people are calling Roadhog insta-kill combo McCree levels of unfair, some are complaining about Mei, some Pharah, if they keep they winning crusade Blizzard will listen to them and in a years time no heroe will kill effectively without reloading 2 or 3 times, fun times ahead!

It's just going to be musical chairs of complaining/nerfs until everything is blanded into mediocrity.

PatjuhR

I play on Playstation and not on a high lvl, but I think that the character balance is good now. There isn't really a hero that roast me everytime I play against it and there also isn't one that is easy meat.

It just depends on how well they are being played.

It's just going to be musical chairs of complaining/nerfs until everything is blanded into mediocrity.

I doubt it. Blizzard is usually really good about their nerfs to things, in my opinion. McCree was nuts. Every pro game was running him. Every match. He could literally kill anything near instantaneously with such a modicum of skill required that it made Torbjorn players green with envy. He needed the nerf. Not to mention D.Va is getting a buff, showing they are clearly not trying to make anyone under-powered.

lol D.Va and Bastion.

i11024533349.jpg
It looks like some sort of awkward golden penis.

I want it.

The one flanker he cannot kill with the combo is Reaper. He is still pretty much at the verge of death though.
This is a problem, and it's part of the reason Reaper has surged in the pro meta. People are also turning to him to combat tanks now that McCree and Widow are slightly less capable of crushing them.

Blues1990

These are the only complaints I had playing as her. No one called her a pink haired lesbo. Yet.

American server?

Technically, yes. But I'm unsure if there are separate servers for Canadian and American players. And you'd have a field day with my friend, as he's the dictionary definition of homophobic, and he will never stop complaining about Zarya's design.

These kids who can't handle a real woman. For shame.

For the record, I play both D.Va and Zarya. Both are super fun and great designs in their own way.

Eh, most of the kids are too in love with Reaper to appreciate a woman who's "strong in the real way." They're missing out!

Some of those gold weapons are fitting for some of the alternative costumes, such as the gold Sonic Amplifier for Lucio's HippityHop alt. But they otherwise look incredibly tacky.

R0ckman

I agree with everything you said. A Mccree close range will lose 90% of the time now. Why? His fan doesn't guarantee that all his shots will land which it doesn't 90% of the time. Anyone play Mccree for 2 matches will tell you that. He got not escape options, slow as heck. When you are getting pressured by reaper close range all you got is aim for headshots. Which is difficult when the reaper is melting you. Flash and fan wont kill him unless you get those miracle all six shots landing. He will just phase out and heal up. He cant out do solider 76 and medium range, can't hang with reaper at close range, his damage is lol mode at long distance. Only thing good for him is high noon. Anything he does other characters do better. He is useless imo and picking him is a waste of slot. Like you said hes a novelty. Picking him is kind of holding your team back in dps imo.

Yeah, Reaper can 2 shot him I believe. Reaper is MUCH better now, but way more boring. I'm seeing tons of Reapers now. It just feels lame holding down the fire button running at enemies like a Frankenstein. Its very very boring.

Crescende

Banned
The one flanker he cannot kill with the combo is Reaper. He is still pretty much at the verge of death though.

So yes, McCree is still a counter to flankers, you just have to be more precise with him. He can still roll anyway for more damage.

Finding a health pack can be just as long as the walk from spawn. If the reaper uses his escape, you have won the encounter.

Yeah, Reaper can 2 shot him I believe. Reaper is MUCH better now, but way more boring. I'm seeing tons of Reapers now. It just feels lame holding down the fire bottom running at enemies like a Frankenstein. Its very very boring.
Yup. I've played multiple games with two Reapers on both teams in the last few days, especially in KotH.

Corpekata

Banned
Did they update the POTG? Two matches in a row where Mercy got it. Second maybe, they rezzed 2 people, first though was just them flying around a little topping people off when there was next to no danger.

The first was someone level 109 so I kinda wondered if it was giving priority to higher levels, but the second mercy was someone else much lower.

PatjuhR

So McCree's job is to stay a bit behind and kill flankers?

Because if that's true I have to apologize to the players I played with as McCree. I always use him to sneak behind enemy lines and kill people there.

R0ckman

I feel like with the balancing they aren't really looking at the right things on what needs tweaked on a character. I'm not confident with how balancing is going to go in the future.

A LOT of the time on their forums the people complaining have never played or spent much time with the characters so they don't know their weaknesses. Sometimes the people complaining appear to be looking for ways to indirectly buff their own favorite characters. There are characters that have very poor design but I am careful to say anyone is OP.

Because if that's true I have to apologize to the players I played with as McCree. I always use him to sneak behind enemy lines and kill people there.

If that's working for you great, but typically as of now, you are better off sticking with your group, punishing people for getting too close, taking good potshots with LMB and sneaking behind enemy lines when its High Noon.

I literally can not use him on teams with low survivability.

Crescende

Banned
I just had an idiot in my team who didn't know how to play as Mei, Zarya, Roadhog or even Mcree.

And he is level 78 !

Dont worry. He soon will witness the greatness of HanzoorWiddowoneverymodeinstapick. Some people just need more time

I feel like with the balancing they aren't really looking at the right things on what needs tweaked on a character. I'm not confident with how balancing is going to go in the future.

A LOT of the time on their forums the people complaining have never played or spent much time with the characters so they don't know their weaknesses. Sometimes the people complaining appear to be looking for ways to indirectly buff their own favorite characters. There are characters that have very poor design but I am careful to say anyone is OP.

The real issues will rise when the new heroes release.

taking good potshots with LMB and sneaking behind enemy lines when its High Noon.

HAHAHA this got me laughing lol

Corpekata

Banned

Generally speaking, simply because so many other striker characters are better suited to flanking (faster movement, methods of self healing, able to traverse areas it takes McCree forever to get to).

I'd say it really depends on setup though, a lot of characters can go on a flanking binge at times like if the other team is low on strikers (often happens on some defending teams) or not using them effectively

PatjuhR

If that's working for you great, but typically as of now, you are better off sticking with your group, punishing people for getting too close, taking good potshots with LMB and sneaking behind enemy lines when its High Noon.

I like to play for the team and I also feel like I'm contributing to the team, since I'll never go to far away from the objective. But I'll try and play in a more defensive role next time. See how it works out if I stick to that.

LiK

Psst, Trophy/Cheev trick

Get teleporter, die, put porter in spawn room, run through it 6 times...

Repeat, 3 more times

That's the best and fastest way

I got it in Hanamura, hella quick, 2 times during objective A, 3 times objective B

This is glorious! I'm totally doing this with randoms tonight. They will hate me and I don't care. I almost got it legit but only had 19.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Man I'm so glad Battle.net doesn't have a global achievement system.

Also seriously.

What part of "my sound barrier is ready!" "group up with me!" is hard to understand?

Also had a Dva on the team but I had to go at it alone as lucio to destroy turrets.

PatjuhR

Trophy talk, yay.

I'm salty over last night almost getting the stick 4 stickies onta an enemy trophie. I know it's one of the easier ones but I never play as Tracer and yesterday I randomly picked her and suprisingly the other team started as half Roadhog. So I got two sticked pretty fast and I was like hell yea, let's do this trophy.

But then they switched out and I got the remaining game for 2. I failed :(

The main problem with flanking as McCree is that his footsteps are really loud. It's the spurs.

Yeah, I was gonna say, I usually flank or drop down behind teams once Deadeye is up, not before.

Also, you can trust that they pay far, far more attention to the huge reams of data produced by 10 million players than what a few people post on their forum.

Just wanted to throw in my two cents regarding McCree.

I only started playing Overwatch a couple of days ago, so I never played him pre-patch. Based on what I've seen in videos and heard from people discussing him online, it sounded like he did indeed need to be nerfed, but it seems to me like they went overboard. I really want to do well with him, but I tend to suck. It's true that Blizzard obviously want the emphasis to be on player's accuracy and want to make people work for kills with him, but Soldier-76 doesn't require the amount of work McCree demands. I feel like McCree should be a little bit more friendly to people who aren't experts. Instead of reducing each Fan the Hammer's bullet's power from 70 to 45, maybe it should have been 50 or 55, or maybe they could have left it as-is, and increased his cooldown times/reduced his health instead.

Or hell, if they really did have to nerf his FtH that much, buffing him in some other way/s would have been nice. Maybe increase his health a bit.

I'll continue using him, as I find him more fun than Soldier-76, but I just wish I could do better with him. Hopefully more practice will help.

Nephix

So just finished a game as Roadhog where I:

- Cancelled every single ult from Pharah, Reaper, McCree and Junkrat ( hooking the tire )
- Pushed the enemy team of ledges getting multiple team wipes and clearing the point
- Hooked enemies into our team's ults for combo
- Took out enemy Mercy never allowing any huge res opportunities
- Eliminated all the Tracers because for some reason no one could deal with them
- Got all gold medals and died a grand total of zero times and soaked up a high percentage of the total team damage.

And what do I get at the end? Well: "Roadhog u suck"; and not a single vote :/

Why do people hate the hog so much. :(

Nyx

- Cancelled every single ult from Pharah, Reaper, McCree and Junkrat ( hooking the tire )
- Pushed the enemy team of ledges getting multiple team wipes and clearing the point
- Eliminated all the Tracers because for some reason no one could deal with them
- Got all gold medals and died a grand total of zero times and soaked up a high percentage of the total team damage.

Cause they all know that to Roadhog, they're all just a piece of cake.

LiK

No one hates him. He's powerful.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Speaking of Roadhog. I used Lucio alt fire on him yesterday on Ilos to throw him down the cliff near the capture point(you know, the one right on the edge)... just for him to hook me and bring me down with him.

Had a good laugh.

Nephix

Speaking of Roadhog. I used Lucio alt fire on him yesterday on Ilos to throw him down the cliff near the capture point(you know, the one right on the edge)... just for him to hook me and bring me down with him.

Had a good laugh.

Haha, I totally had that happen not long ago. :p

Also hilarious when you hook someone that's in the middle of being pushed by Reinhardt and the hook extends forever pulling the guy across the entire map and back.

LiK

I haven't been lucky enough to hook people right before their Ult. If you hook them during an Ult, does that also pop the trophy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom