• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

grendelrt

So just finished a game as Roadhog where I:

- Cancelled every single ult from Pharah, Reaper, McCree and Junkrat ( hooking the tire )
- Pushed the enemy team of ledges getting multiple team wipes and clearing the point
- Hooked enemies into our team's ults for combo
- Took out enemy Mercy never allowing any huge res opportunities
- Eliminated all the Tracers because for some reason no one could deal with them
- Got all gold medals and died a grand total of zero times and soaked up a high percentage of the total team damage.

And what do I get at the end? Well: "Roadhog u suck"; and not a single vote :/

Why do people hate the hog so much. :(

I joined a game that had just started that had no healer , so I switched to Lucio and healed. Did around 8K healing and saved people at the end on the last push from the other teams ults by using mine, we won. I then got to hear how garbage of a player I was from my own team during the end game screen and basically got cussed at for 30 secs before I left.

LiK

I joined a game that had just started that had no healer , so I switched to Lucio and healed. Did around 8K healing and saved people at the end on the last push from the other teams ults by using mine, we won. I then got to hear how garbage of a player I was from my own team during the end game screen and basically got cussed at for 30 secs before I left.

Never heal again. Just go speed and see how they like it.

I think that's how you're supposed to get it, yes.

You better be right!

Kamion

Kinda glad people don't communicate on PS4 pubs, this sounds horrible.

I think Hanzo is fine and all the hate is exaggerated, but I still think the jokes are gold.

http://img-9gag-fun.9cache.com/photo/aEnw3Ke_460sv.mp4
This is amazing.

This IS amazing.

My current theory is that people who play on weeknights are awful people who have invested most of their self-worth into doing well at online games and are thus toxic to everyone else, whereas the people who play on weekends just want to have fun and don't spam chat with "ez like ur mom" constantly.

Moff

I love roadhog, I main mercy but whener I feel like some killing I pick the hog
super low cooldown on 2 very powerful abilities

I don't like the ult very much, though

jeemer

I was sitting on a skype call yesterday only half paying attention to the pc, but during a lull I decided to have a play with wallriding with lucio in training. Finally actually got a handle on it to the point i was going right round the outside walls of buildings. It's awesome fun!

Had a game where I switched to a desperation Junkrat to stop the enemy team on Dorado after they had steam-rolled the rest of the way. Started getting "junkrat you are cancer" "spam more" etc. messages, but we still lost. Then the random on our team piped up with "our junkrat didn't do shit anyway."

After I defended myself, this escalated to my random teammate telling me I was a fag and he wished I had died in the Pulse nightclub.

Community definitely seems to have taken a turn for the worse.

Had a game where I switched to a desperation Junkrat to stop the enemy team on Dorado after they had steam-rolled the rest of the way. Started getting "junkrat you are cancer" "spam more" etc. messages, but we still lost. Then the random on our team piped up with "our junkrat didn't do shit anyway."

After I defended myself, this escalated to my random teammate telling me I was a fag and he wished I had died in the Pulse nightclub.

Yikes these text chat stories make me happy I'm playing on console where nobody talks.

hopefully you reported them

Interfectum

If that was over text chat, there's a chat log that Blizzard can see. Report them if you haven't already.

Kornoponing

Neo Member

Dang that is sick :( What servers are you on? I'm playing EU but I've never seen that kind of hate. Is there a way to report people like that?

Stuff like this is why I don't play MOBAs.

Oh wow, that individual is an utter scumbag. I'll count myself lucky I've only run into hotheads calling team mates idiots now and then, nothing nearly as bad as someone making light of the Orlando shootings.

How much money would it take on these loot boxes to unlock all of the skins? Also at what point do levels just stop raising as fast?

Currently I have the goal of leveling up once per day: a few games here and there and a loot box at the end of my session.

Talking about reporting, why isn't there a copy and paste function in chat? I hate having to type out the entire message every time someone starts talking shit in chat. Is there something I'm missing?

i'm sure there's a log of the person's chat and all that that blizzard can see right? so no need to copy but a screenshot won't hurt just in case.

LiK

How much money would it take on these loot boxes to unlock all of the skins? Also at what point do levels just stop raising as fast?

Currently I have the goal of leveling up once per day: a few games here and there and a loot box at the end of my session.

Unknown since it's completely random. You can spend hundreds like some Gaffers here and still not have everything due to dupes happening.

Crescende

Banned
I cant explain this logically but yesterday we had a massive amount of teamwipes with D.va Mei combo. Icewall infront of enemy team to block vision. D.Va ultimate launch into icewall. Release icewall. Harvest hate.

In my experience it's always a Reaper.

followed by beeing proud of a double kill DIE DIEURG....Ultimate Potg

LiK

Eh, bad idea. I don't know how it is in the US but in the Aus servers it's mostly benign, and valuable to get some situation awareness when people bother.

I'm used to no chat on PS4 so it's fine for me. Hell, if I get it on PC, I might even try to play with controller and see how I do lol

PC can disable text chat right?

Not that I can find. I tried to disable it after I got cussed at told to kill myself for daring to call out my team for having 3 reapers.

Eh, bad idea. I don't know how it is in the US but in the Aus servers it's mostly benign, and valuable to get some situation awareness when people bother.

Not for me, I am playing this game to have fun and enjoy myself. The game I mentioned actually pushed me away from playing the game for a while now. It's ridiculous and gross.

cHinzo

Man, the greatest feel ever must be from hooking a charging Reinhardt, who's pinned down one of your teammates, right before he hit the wall. 😁 Love it!

Not that I can find. I tried to disable it after I got cussed at told to kill myself for daring to call out my team for having 3 reapers.

Not for me, I am playing this game to have fun and enjoy myself. The game I mentioned actually pushed me away from playing the game for a while now. It's ridiculous and gross.
I think you can press P and mute the player's chat and/or voice.

Kamion

Wow, it probably would for me, too. I mean, it's not as bad as the "you should have died in Orlando" thing (which is disgusting) but really, it seems the Overwatch community is pretty bad.

Kinda glad I don't have to endure a text chat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom