• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zemm

The widowmaker nerf is such a fucking joke, it did jack shit. You might see Zenyatta in like 2/20 games instead of 1/20 now. Wow.

Yea, that's a bad Mercy. Revive when it's worth doing especially in Payload maps where the runbacks take longer. Also always try to revive tanks.
Yeah, I always will revive one person, but I usually wait till their about to respawn just in case another teammate dies, so I can revive both. I've had so many single revives, to then see one or two of my teammates die right after, and I know I could have waited a few seconds and still revive everyone that died.

Mupod

Been seriously picking up zen recently and I've so far managed to raise my W/L with him from 5% to 44%.

He is seriously a ton of fun.

Also transcendence is a great fuck you to gravity well combos.

I also like slamming transcendence on when a Genji prepares to try and dragon blade through the team and he just can't quite deal the damage but boy does he try.
But yes popping it in a gravity well is always a treat.

The other day I actually ran across a team that outdamaged Transcendence, I think it was gravity well + hanzo ult + pharah ult all at once.

Last night I only did a few matches but one of them was a triple Genji team on Numbani. They were clearly organized and on voice comms but the group I was with was surprisingly decent too. At one point they did a triple dragon blade activation simultaneously and I just denied all of it with transcendence, they never took the first point. POTG was a bog standard Soldier ult...here's hoping they make it feasible for Zenyatta to get POTG some day, his highlight intros are all god tier.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The widowmaker nerf is such a fucking joke, it did jack shit. You might see Zenyatta in like 2/20 games instead of 1/20 now. Wow.

Hey, I'm one of the extra 1/20 at least. :p

I am actually seeing like a ton of zenyatta after the widow nerf.

The other day I actually ran across a team that outdamaged Transcendence, I think it was gravity well + hanzo ult + pharah ult all at once.

Last night I only did a few matches but one of them was a triple Genji team on Numbani. They were clearly organized and on voice comms but the group I was with was surprisingly decent too. At one point they did a triple dragon blade activation simultaneously and I just denied all of it with transcendence, they never took the first point. POTG was a bog standard Soldier ult...here's hoping they make it feasible for Zenyatta to get POTG some day, his highlight intros are all god tier.

I've gotten a few zen potg, but it was all me just aiming really badly but getting discord kills anyway.

I got a pretty cool zen highlight intro too so that's pretty alright.

ViviOggi

Agreed. It should be used more often. It's rare to get that awesome 5 man rez.

Random complaint: It's annoying that, at the end of games, Pharah's MVP thing seemingly always has number of direct rocket hits and the percentage of rockets fired. I get no votes for that. But in reality, I had 4 gold medals and 25,000 damage. Why don't you say that, game?!

Weighting of postgame cards is a complete mess, the character-specific participation medal stats generally have too high priority while gold medals are beaten by almost everything. As Zarya I'm displayed with "Barriers applied" like 80% of the time, that shit beats even 4 gold medals consistently.

Also damage done should be given less weight the more Reinhardts there are on the opposing team.

I want Lucio's golden to go with my legendary skin.

That would look nice. I'm thinking about which characters I normally play as at the start of a game without knowing what the other team have.

I really want 1 golden weapon for one character in each class:

Gold Genji (Attack)
Gold Hanzo (Defense)
Gold D. Va (Tank)
Gold Mercy (Support)

X-Frame

Agreed. It should be used more often. It's rare to get that awesome 5 man rez.

Random complaint: It's annoying that, at the end of games, Pharah's MVP thing seemingly always has number of direct rocket hits and the percentage of rockets fired. I get no votes for that. But in reality, I had 4 gold medals and 25,000 damage. Why don't you say that, game?!

Holy shit so true. I know it's not really a big deal and makes no difference in the game but it really does seem to show dumb statistics for certain characters. Zarya's Projected Barriers, Roadhog Hook Accuracy, Pharah Direct Rocket Hits, etc.

I understand they want to show unique stats for each hero when they can but something like 25 Projected Barriers never sounds as good as getting 3+ Gold Medals.

Rad-

Zenyatta has this the worst. You get 4 gold medals and 1 silver medal. And you know what fucking card always shows up? Transcendence healing card lmao. Every fucking time. It's usually something low sounding too, like 1500 healed.

Just using Reaper ult outdamages Transcendence, though Zen can block it by being a wall in front of his allies.

And Zen is a POTG machine! I get POTG with him like 40-50% of the time. The only other hero I get POTGs as often as him is Junkrat.

Gurrry

Those golden gun skins look so amazing. Although I wish Roadhog came with a golden hook, but thats ok. Maybe next season.

I havent logged in today, but i read a post saying that the servers are down (typical for tuesdays), any chance we get the rank mode update today??

Had a "fun" one last night too, Attack on Watchpoint Gibraltar where I was using D.Va. Got knocked out of my suit as I rushed the payload alone but still managed to take out the one attacker with my pistol. So I sit on the payload and wait for my team to get there to back me up.. and wait... and wait. "Shit, they're off screwing around or respawning. The enemy's gonna be here any minute to... uh... where's the other team?" I swear, I was standing on the payload, by myself as an unsuited D.Va, for what must have been a full minute. Was about ready to send out a chat message to everyone, "Guys, you do know what the POINT of this match type is, don't you?" Finally somebody showed up... and of course it was an enemy that smoked me. Still, one of the most surreal moments I'd ever had in this game, just standing calmly on the payload and wondering if I had glitched out.

mbpm1

Had a "fun" one last night too, Attack on Watchpoint Gibraltar where I was using D.Va. Got knocked out of my suit as I rushed the payload alone but still managed to take out the one attacker with my pistol. So I sit on the payload and wait for my team to get there to back me up.. and wait... and wait. "Shit, they're off screwing around or respawning. The enemy's gonna be here any minute to... uh... where's the other team?" I swear, I was standing on the payload, by myself as an unsuited D.Va, for what must have been a full minute. Was about ready to send out a chat message to everyone, "Guys, you do know what the POINT of this match type is, don't you?" Finally somebody showed up... and of course it was an enemy that smoked me. Still, one of the most surreal moments I'd ever had in this game, just standing calmly on the payload and wondering if I had glitched out.

I've had that as Lucio. Just waiting on the payload for most of the map as nobody contests or help.

Finally at the end the enemy team just blockaded me off at the last checkpoint with two mercy's who took turns healing each other who of course I can't kill myself as Lucio with no help.

The rest of my team and the enemy team just played COD

Permanently A

15c70007a93e5fb64884b7bb9fb590d0.md.jpg
+
290px-Zenyatta-Sunyatta.jpg

=

Whales

Banned
I play symmetra more than any other character and always shield up the team during the initial spawn. Is this bad or something? I saw someone say it's something that random symmetras do.

Also, I have found her to be surprisingly good on the attack maps that are best 2 out of 3--especially if you have a lucio that can speed boost you to the objective to set up turrets.

wouldn't it be smarter to shield them as soon as the round starts? Like that you gain points and get your ult faster

I wish Mercy players would use their resurrection better. Saving it for a 3 man res is not very useful, considering how quickly it charges. Using it on even one person can be super useful and then in no time at all it'll be charged back up. I just had a game where our Mercy never revived once, even though there were ample opportunities to res one of us on the objective.

One of the things on my giant list of Things To Improve On In Overwatch is better situational awareness all-around, but especially as Mercy. Less to figure out when to res one vs. save for a multi-res, more to decide when the enemy still poses a threat and if I'm just throwing away my res so everyone can die some more. Though the last time I did a big res, it was behind a wall, so that one's hard to judge.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Those golden gun skins look so amazing. Although I wish Roadhog came with a golden hook, but thats ok. Maybe next season.

I havent logged in today, but i read a post saying that the servers are down (typical for tuesdays), any chance we get the rank mode update today??

Nah, next season will have golden skins. Literally.

Probably depends on how they code the weapon slots for inventory. It'll either be bundled together or separate.

Hopefully bundled. If the currency is just based on wins I can possibly squeeze out getting two. But three might be pushing it. I really want Hanzo and Genji to have their items in gold.

wouldn't it be smarter to shield them as soon as the round starts? Like that you gain points and get your ult faster

Whoa, didn't even think of that, but that would actually make sense. Kind of like sticking turrets right next to the spawn door: probably won't kill anyone unless they're fairly thick, but it's all free ult. charge even if you just lightly burn them. Might try that next time I play, see if it gets me the teleporter much faster.

Oni Jazar

In my 50 hours with the game I have never encountered anything even near as vile as the things people are telling here about. The very worst thing I've seen is something like "NOOB". Didn't know the community is that toxic in some places.

The first thing I did when I got the game was to turn off in game voice chat (PS4). Maybe that makes me a bad team player in PUG games but it's so nice to be able to play without hearing any of this abuse going on. The game is a blast even though everyone is probably cussing me out.

Whales

Banned
Whoa, didn't even think of that, but that would actually make sense. Kind of like sticking turrets right next to the spawn door: probably won't kill anyone unless they're fairly thick, but it's all free ult. charge even if you just lightly burn them. Might try that next time I play, see if it gets me the teleporter much faster.

Yeah, I started doing that with symmetra now

It's not a huge difference but still, it's kinda useful

Zaventem

The first thing I did when I got the game was to turn off in game voice chat (PS4). Maybe that makes me a bad team player in PUG games but it's so nice to be able to play without hearing any of this abuse going on. The game is a blast even though everyone is probably cussing me out.

My voice chat is always on and trust me nobody speaks.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I got POTG yesterday with only 1 kill. It was a long range head shot 1 second into the game but it was still just the 1 kill.... Weird.

Maybe you killed someone using their ult without noticing it? That's what I did with Mercy the other day : Killed a Pharah while she was using her ult, and that's it. No rez or anything. Got POTG.

Maybe you killed someone using their ult without noticing it? That's what I did with Mercy the other day : Killed a Pharah while she was using her ult, and that's it. No rez or anything. Got POTG.

That would be impossible if it was at the start of the match.

Any way to check the outcome of games you left? I had to leave a Hanamura defense game with 50 seconds left after being Mercy and us holding B for 9 minutes. Darn delivery guy. :(

Noaloha

I wish Mercy players would use their resurrection better. Saving it for a 3 man res is not very useful, considering how quickly it charges. Using it on even one person can be super useful and then in no time at all it'll be charged back up. I just had a game where our Mercy never revived once, even though there were ample opportunities to res one of us on the objective.

Strip's probably been posted before now, but seems relevant to this page -
q4Td7yO.jpg

X-Frame

My voice chat is always on and trust me nobody speaks.

I thought mine was off all this time but it's been on. Haven't heard 1 person. PS4.

Maybe people are either in Party Chat or I'd say most people just don't care to talk anymore.

I wish there was a way to see the chat settings of your team to see if it's even worth it to turn on the mic and start talking. If I do now and the other 5 are either in a Party or Chat Off then I'd be talking to myself.

Pilgrimzero

I assaulted the objective by myself as Mei and killed 3 foes and held the spot for about 15 seconds before finally getting killed. It was exciting and awesome and thought surely me alone killing 3 enemies on the objective it worth PotG.

Nope, went to Torbs turret.

It couldn't of been as it was literally as the game was starting and they first stepped foot out of their spawn.

I thought mine was off all this time but it's been on. Haven't heard 1 person. PS4.

Maybe people are either in Party Chat or I'd say most people just don't care to talk anymore.

I wish there was a way to see the chat settings of your team to see if it's even worth it to turn on the mic and start talking. If I do now and the other 5 are either in a Party or Chat Off then I'd be talking to myself.

Even if you're not in party chat, it locks you out of speaking with solo players on your team when you're in a premade group. I have no idea why this is the case.

On the fence about that...her turrets can be really useful for holding chokepoints, and there are usually multiple exits out of spawn.

I've had mixed results with it, but mostly positive tbh. It's the one time that I love that most random players on Attack spend the spawn time blowing up arcade machines and goofing off instead of actually looking out the windows to see what's coming. (And it's the reason why Hollywood is my favorite map to play on Defense: no windows at all, plenty of time to set up my turrets leisurely.)

It's important not to be too obvious about it: I've learned the best approach to each spawn door that gives me a minimum of visibility to the enemy, and just stick up 4 turrets (or 3 if I didn't get there fast enough) on the side of the largest spawn door that I can reach without exposing myself to the enemy. Once the match starts, usually the rest of the team keeps the enemy busy enough that I have plenty of time to set up turrets back at the first objective while they destroy my first turrets. And those few times when I hear "Double Kill" as the enemy charges out the main door and meets lasery death... oh, how I grin. Even if they only get hit a little before destroying them, I get my teleporter so much quicker since I started trapping the main spawn door. Definitely worth giving up the element of Symmetra surprise to get that quicker ult. charge, I've found.

Whales

Banned
On the fence about that...her turrets can be really useful for holding chokepoints, and there are usually multiple exits out of spawn.

oh, I don't do that either, I was talking about the whole ''shield at start'' thing

I usually manage to get a tele up before the other team starts a big push / contesting, and with how long symm's turrets are on CD I don't think it's worth wasting them on the front door

Chuck

Still without luck
getting into a game where everyone is trying out their legendary skins with no fucking clue how to play the class.

holy shit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom