• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

kromeo

What's the word on the match making in this game? My team of level 30ish keeps getting matched with these 90++ basement dwellers.

I've been getting horribly balanced team levels today

I saw someone level 30 with a star earlier which I assume means they reached 130? Literally must have played non stop since the game came out, I'm 44 and I've played quite a bit..

SnakeEyes

Banned
I know you're not supposed to have a Main in Overwatch, but when everyone wants to be Junkrat or Reaper *AND* you're just that damn good with Zenyatta..

Ky8pFpJ.png

redhot_

Groups are grouped prioritised to face off against other groups of equal size in matchmaking. The results aren't always pretty.

Damn eh. It's mostly just the 3 of us but I guess that's just how it is.

I've been getting horribly balanced team levels today

I saw someone level 30 with a star earlier which I assume means they reached 130? Literally must have played non stop since the game came out, I'm 44 and I've played quite a bit..

Iv seen a few of those stars under players banners as well on console.

Beartruck

Ugggh, just got a team who did nothing but run around and play deathmatch. I was the only person who actually tried to move the payload. Ranked mode can't come soon enough.

My friend is 122 with 104 hours. He's a full time streamer though so he averages around 6 hours a day since the game came out, which is pretty standard for streamers.

kagamin

Pretty much everyone I play with doesn't mind playing every single role in the cast, except Bigzgod, all I see him play is Solider: 76 :p

PaulloDEC

So what do people think reasoning is behind Mercy being last on the win rate stats? Looking at the global stats HERE reflects my own stats; Symmetra one of my highest win rates, Mercy one of my lowest.

Is it just that Mercy gets played mostly on offense while Symmetra is mostly on defense? Is there any data to suggest that players win defense games more than they win offense? Or is it really that players (myself included) are just good with Symmetra and crap with Mercy?

Gator86

High level number does not immediately mean that they're good players.

It could, but it's certainly not a causal relationship.

Everyone is aware of this. I'm not sure what you're trying to say. The number under your character portrait is your level, hence high-level. I'm not sure many people would read what I wrote and think I was talking about some esports shit.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
So what do people think reasoning is behind Mercy being last on the win rate stats? Looking at the global stats HERE reflects my own stats; Symmetra one of my highest win rates, Mercy one of my lowest.

Is it just that Mercy gets played mostly on offense while Symmetra is mostly on defense? Is there any data to suggest that players win defense games more than they win offense? Or is it really that players (myself included) are just good with Symmetra and crap with Mercy?

Mercy gets a ton more play than the other healers I would imagine.

Spinifex

No idea why Mercy is ranked as 1 star difficulty, she's way harder to play effectively than Lucio.

Good Mercy with a good team absolutely wrecks, she's picked 96.4% of the time in pro matches, more so than any other hero.

Satch

Banned

because most mercy players are shit

no map awareness, no team awareness, no introspection and reflection on their behavior, no independence, no awareness of enemy team behavior

PaulloDEC

because most mercy players are shit

no map awareness, no team awareness, no introspection and reflection on their behavior, no independence, no awareness of enemy team behavior

But why dead last? Would the failings you mentioned not negatively effect loads of other heroes too? Is Mercy really so difficult to play that poor use puts her behind every other hero?

I dunno, it seems weird to me. Like there's something more complex going on.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I had a Mercy today who only healed the tank, even if the tank was full HP and everyone else was dying, he was absolute trash tier, I guess people like that bring her win rate down.

PaulloDEC

I had a Mercy today who only healed the tank, even if the tank was full HP and everyone else was dying, he was absolute trash tier, I guess people like that bring her win rate down.

I had to remind myself early on that I'm not playing TF2 and that keeping my heal beam on a Rein with his shield up is a total waste of time. I think some people haven't managed to shake that habit yet.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

You actually see a lot of Mercys "stuck" to Reinhardts, I can only assume because shes kinda like the medic and Rein is big like the heavy and thats what they did / saw people doing in TF2

I had to remind myself early on that I'm not playing TF2 and that keeping my heal beam on a Rein with his shield up is a total waste of time. I think some people haven't managed to shake that habit yet.

See :)

Zaventem

This is so true. Tank has full HP blocking damage but everyone else is dying and the Mercy has the beam on him.

Frozone

This game is incredible! What really stands out for me is the look of the game. I've not seen a better implementation of physically based shaders that look so clean (and artifact free). The environments and different art-directed themes are done to near perfection. They nailed it!

Rhaknar

That feel when you see a yellow disk and it's coins.

You mean arguably the best legendary drop since its halfway to the one you actually want?

Ill take currency over more Bastion or Mcree skins anyday

Zaventem

That feel when you see a yellow disk and it's coins.

I'm at the point where i actually prefer coins now. 100% chance to get exactly what you want.

On the topic of stats since everyone is posting their's i'm happy with my split. I think i could up my tank usage a bit since Reinhardt is all i really know how to play lol. I've been learning Winston though he's really fun.
Capture.png

D i Z

Too may Mercy players that stick to their tanks hip like their lives depend on them. Too many also forget that they have a gun that wrecks with headshots. Even more that have no idea how to zip around and not take hits, and that the defense players are clutch and need heals more than tanks more often. People need to play support characters like they are the last line of defense and think about holding it down when no one else is around.
The problem with Mercy players in a nutshell.

You mean arguably the best legendary drop since its halfway to the one you actually want?

Ill take currency over more Bastion or Mcree skins anyday

I'm more excited for something random to surprise me then just buying things myself. Have like 2k coins and don't care to spend them.

Haines

Banned
Console can be frustrating fighting to aim and miss so many shots.

Lvl 55 and I'm feeling burnt out a bit.

I think I'm going to play some other games and watch e3 and come back after a week.

Game only has so much content right now.

R0ckman

I'm wondering what they can do for more support characters, they really need a silencing character to make choosing when to ult a tad more strategic or to put more pressure on mercy ulting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom