• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satch

Banned
But why dead last? Would the failings you mentioned not negatively effect loads of other heroes too? Is Mercy really so difficult to play that poor use puts her behind every other hero?

I dunno, it seems weird to me. Like there's something more complex going on.

Mercy is to Overwatch as Io is to Dota 2. Io has been one of the strongest heroes in the game based on his competitive presence. He's easy to kill, and all he does is buff other heroes, making them attack faster, move faster, and heal faster. he can teleport a hero to any place on the map with his ultimate ability. now find io on this pub winrate list

Lucio however is the Omniknight of Overwatch. omniknight has a heal that also does pure damage in an aoe, a skill that makes a teammate magic immune, and a skill that makes everyone of his teammates that are near him immune to physical damage. super underpicked in competitive. look at that list again and find omniknight's winrate

Mercy takes too much coordination and communication for most pubs to do well with her.

its also that Mercy is waifu bait, so of course waifu nerds just jump to her when they need a healer without knowing how to play her instead of picking lucio and just turning the heal on

D i Z

I'm wondering what they can do for more support characters, they really need a silencing character to make choosing when to ult a tad more strategic or to put more pressure on mercy ulting.

Neutralizing that X-ray for snipers (radius limitation). Someone that can create movement speed boosts at 10 second bursts.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I'm getting to the point where I nearly have a legendary skin for every hero I play often, not sure which I'll buy next, I play a lot of Mei but her skins aren't great, Yeti Hunter is probably my favourite though. I still want Night Ops Soldier but I already have 2 legendaries for him. I also need one for Mercy but that's a tough choice, I'd probably go for Sigrun but I like all of hers.

PaulloDEC

Mercy is to Overwatch as Io is to Dota 2. Io has been one of the strongest heroes in the game based on his competitive presence. He's easy to kill, and all he does is buff other heroes, making them attack faster, move faster, and heal faster. he can teleport a hero to any place on the map with his ultimate ability. now find io on this pub winrate list

Lucio however is the Omniknight of Overwatch. omniknight has a heal that also does pure damage in an aoe, a skill that makes a teammate magic immune, and a skill that makes everyone of his teammates that are near him immune to physical damage. super underpicked in competitive. look at that list again and find omniknight's winrate

Mercy takes too much coordination and communication for most pubs to do well with her.

its also that Mercy is waifu bait, so of course waifu nerds just jump to her when they need a healer without knowing how to play her instead of picking lucio and just turning the heal on

Cool, thanks for the insights. I guess once the ranked mode drops we'll get a sense of whether being in a more competitive bracket can bring out some better Mercy play across the board.

Salarians

Good: last few crates have been wwpb, making up for all the wwbw I had been getting for a while
Less Good: I've gotten nothing for characters I actually use

Luigi87

Had a game winning D.Va ult

8 votes for me. Could have had another Legendary vote, except two teammates who voted for themselves def., lol

I played as Mei tonight and snuck up behind a bunch of people before freezing them and putting icicles through their faces. I always feel like a scumbag when I play as Mei, but I love it.

First Legendary skin in like 20 levels.

It's a duplicate.

Of one of the two Ra/Sunyatta Legendaries I already have.

Blizzard, I don't want to play Zenyatta that much.

Grief.exe

Grief dropped his ult as Zarya while I was Pharah and I got all six people on the enemy team

Easy mode.

First Legendary skin in like 20 levels.

It's a duplicate.

Of one of the two Ra/Sunyatta Legendaries I already have.

Blizzard, I don't want to play Zenyatta that much.

I have so many legendarys for characters I will literally never play.

Bastion, Torb, Mei.

Do I look like a scrub?

GGs Grief

My teamkill ;___;

Make a gif!

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Had this Widowmaker on our team killing every enemy that wasn't near the payload, problem was... anywhere from 4-5 of theres was on the payload at any given moment. GG Widowmaker you helped push the payload so much!

Grief.exe

Right after I said that my team picked 3 Symmetras on Volskaya defense.

I was so ready to be annoyed but we won handily.

Symmetra is actually played a ton in competitive, only on defense though.

But you got the credit, didn't you?

I was low on charge, so I barely did anything at the time.

I encountered a D.va with the same rare skin, emote, and voice line. We danced together, and then got crushed together.

Oh, Overwatch. Never change.

Arrrammis

Man, I am both proud and ashamed of this dirty team wipe... At least I was actively doing something as opposed to most other Tolbjorn POTG's.
http://i.imgur.com/m12smvg.gifv
(I killed the soldier 76 right before POTG started, I guess he repawned just in time to prevent the "TEAM KILL" from popping up) Here's a little bit of the before and after: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHZbsxhgVRw
My team completely failed at holding the first point, so I though now might be a good time to test out a new spot for a turret that I never see anyone using. It turned out really well! It's amazing how some teams never flank...

TheFatMan

What the shit is with the Mei's using their ice wall to block their own team in the spawn point when the game starts? :/

Honestly, are you that bored?

Zeliard

No idea why Mercy is ranked as 1 star difficulty, she's way harder to play effectively than Lucio.

Good Mercy with a good team absolutely wrecks, she's picked 96.4% of the time in pro matches, more so than any other hero.

Lucio is deceptively complex to really get the most out of because you want to be switching back and forth between your heals and speed depending on the particular situation, sometimes in fairly quick succession, and a lot of players are content to leave it largely on heals except when exploding out of spawn.

Also his wall-running/jumping can be hugely useful in all sorts of ways - avoiding damage by being harder to hit, being a pest stalling on an objective point, getting to a better position for heals/damage/environmental kills, using level shortcuts - and that's another thing a relative minority of Lucio players really takes advantage of.

His kit is amazing so it's hard to make him ineffective, but he's not as simple as he seems.

patchday

'waifu bait'. Lol never heard of that term. I know what waifu means but never heard of waifu bait. You make it sound like 'jail bait'. lmao!!

But yeah I love my Mercy. Nothing like a clutch revive after whole team dies to McCree ult during overtime

Satch

Banned
i just got out of a game playing lucio with 5 soldiers on my team and it was a stomp rip

edit: @sixghost i agree with you, i hate that about the teleporter as an ultimate

XenoRaven

Symmetra is actually played a ton in competitive, only on defense though.

I was low on charge, so I barely did anything at the time.
There were like 80,000 sentries and I picked Roadhawg so every time they tried to destroy them I'd hook them, pull them into the sentry range and they'd die horribly.

Alright, I'm a few gin and tonics deep, it's Friday night and I'm playing Overwatch. Group up with me!

PSN: XenoRaven

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I really think that's a dumb mechanic. She either needs to be able to build up her ulti charge while the teleporter is up, or it should last longer. There should be more pressure on the other team to find an kill the teleporter.

There already is and it already gives the team a ridiculous advantage

Kenaras

I really think that's a dumb mechanic. She either needs to be able to build up her ulti charge while the teleporter is up, or it should last longer. There should be more pressure on the other team to find an kill the teleporter.

She used to build ult meter while her teleporter was up. That was nerfed because it was overpowered.

Satch

Banned
aight so on hanamura defense we ran 5 torbjorns and a lucio, we won that easily

then of course the enemy team was like "lets do that to them" and so they ran that draft on defense

we did 5 soldiers and a lucio and steamrolled

ez pz

Chance

I don't think I've ever seen one.

I got one the other day but it was relatively lame - just lobbing orbs from a distance.

Today I did an amazeballs job on Mercy on a Gibraltar attack. It was one of those long, constant straight pushes to the middle checkpoint, and then the opposing team switched in a Mercy. Then two Mercies. Then two Mercies and a Lucio. We had to fight tooth and nail for the last few yards, but it was a gorgeous match.

9,500+ healing - twice my average and easily my best on Mercy, with several kills to boot... and they vote the card to like a Bastion or something.

Still. 9,500. It was awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom