• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT3| White, White, Blue, White

Status
Not open for further replies.
zarya
PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png
PogChamp.png
🙌 When Grief lands the ult 🙌

Mendrox

Wow. Played Overwatch over Steam in home streaming with a Xbox 360 Controller (anyone got a solution for the controller? Overwatch somehow thinks on the client that my controller is suddenly a mouse - can only use it with Overwatch by using it on the client that streams the game...)

Never the less I got POTG with Mercy on a controller. Nice.

In terms of win percentage, Symmetra is already OP. I think her kit is weird and kind of clunky, in that it works best in very particular spots, but she's very powerful.

R0ckman

I think the issue with the turrets is that they require certain characters to easily deal with them (duh) but also that its almost a requirenment. With other characters skill can determine whether it is really vital to switch. I think thats what my problem with them is for pub groups.

ncslamm

In terms of win percentage, Symmetra is already OP. I think her kit is weird and kind of clunky, in that it works best in very particular spots, but she's very powerful.

I didn't realize until playing with Symmetra in the Weekly Brawl how much fun she is. I want to use her in regular matches but it seems like if I pick her other people see that we have a support and nobody picks a healer.

"Wheres everyone?"

My Whole team dead

"Ok guys we got this payload a few inches away help me"

My Whole team dead

"Firing graviton surge, fire at will"

My whole team dead

XenoRaven

Back to complaining about teammates. I know that some offensive heroes can play defense well, but this team had literally no defensive heroes. No Torb, no Junkrat. Nothing. The game literally tells you how to build a team. Read for God's sake. Goodness gracious. It's not that hard.

its also that Mercy is waifu bait, so of course waifu nerds just jump to her when they need a healer without knowing how to play her instead of picking lucio and just turning the heal on

You caught me, that's why I want to play her. But at least I'm trying to get a solid grasp of team coordination, map awareness and positioning instead of just randomly healing people.

Got a Toblerone PotG where I was dead for 80% of it (as my turret did the hard work), then got rezzed by Mercy and killed a guy. So ol' Tob was just laying face down in the sandy streets of Temple of Anubis for the most part.

It was a real curveball.

patchday

I didn't realize until playing with Symmetra in the Weekly Brawl how much fun she is. I want to use her in regular matches but it seems like if I pick her other people see that we have a support and nobody picks a healer.

dont worry bout it you will kill enemy before they hurt your team on defense

Unless I group que I actually usually cant get into what I feel is my skill level. I shouldn't have to scream get on the payload for over 50% of my quick matches. I shouldn't be entering multiple matches using my ult as Zayra and be the only one shooting at a group of enemies while my team is right behind me.

I suspect that's because solo queuing is more flexible leading to more skewed matches in terms of skill.

You can have 7,000 MMR (theoretical value) and your team mates don't have to match that provided your team average MMR matches your opposing teams average MMR. There probably is a vague sway towards same skilled allies and enemies, but more significant is that both teams are matched evenly, I would imagine.

I also suspect that's why it often ends up feeling really rather one sided in solo queues, because one team with six players with 2000 MMR is worth far more than one player with 8000 and the rest with 1000. That would explain why in a solo queue I can be 35:0 with 4 medals and the rest of the team will be under performing.

darklin0

Banned
Got a Toblerone PotG where I was dead for 80% of it (as my turret did the hard work), then got rezzed by Mercy and killed a guy. So ol' Tob was just laying face down in the sandy streets of Temple of Anubis for the most part.

It was a real curveball.
These are my favorite. Just watching a dead Torb as he racks up kills. No other PotG makes me happier, not even really skillful PotGs. I just love how silly it is.

Apathy

zenyatta is the most useless sack of crap this game has and people still want to play him as the sole support on teams.

Blizzards needs to either buff his healing so he can do more than 1 at a time or they need to remove him from support cause hes garbage and it gives people the wrong idea if hes picked and the game says you don't need more. With a stiff breeze taking him down, if hes the sole support on a team then hes just a giant hindrance

Dalek

I don't understand people who refuse to help you take the point. God I fucking hate them. I hope they all get diarrhea while stuck in traffic.

ZangBa

Anybody can play Hanzo. Random Weekly Brawl decided to give me Hanzo nearly every game and I got so many kills I shouldn't have. So many shots that shouldn't have hit, what a joke.

LiK

Lost 4 in a row to the same team. My group was just not up to snuff against them. Plus one person keeps going AFK and getting kicked before a match. Pretty frustrating night.

ISOM

Anybody can play Hanzo. Random Weekly Brawl decided to give me Hanzo nearly every game and I got so many kills I shouldn't have. So many shots that shouldn't have hit, what a joke.

Try playing Hanzo consistently. He's not an easy character to master at all. Easy is Widowmaker as she just a traditional point and shoot sniper.

It's really not that extreme, you might have seen clips on reddit or whatever, but I've given it a go on PS4 with two copies of the game trying to see how close the arrows need to be to hit stationary targets. Generally speaking, they do actually need to hit them or come incredibly close.

Have to bear in mind in random weekly brawl everyone is a random hero therefore the level of play is quite a bit lower too. It's also a bit surreal that people are complaining about this, when almost half of the cast unbelievably easy to aim with (e.g. Reaper, Bastion, Roadhog, Lucio, D.Va), or requires almost no degree of skillful aim at all (e.g. Winston, Symmetra, Junkrat, Mercy, Mei). If it's a learning curve you're after then the leniency of Hanzo's arrows should be the least of your concerns.

Dalek

Who is it that when the enemy is Reaper they have heir way with me and one shot me from a distance? Bit when I try, it's like my guns are firing wet paper towels?

Why is it when the enemy is Lucio they have no problem blasting me off the edge with ease but when I try the same they barely move?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Back to complaining about teammates. I know that some offensive heroes can play defense well, but this team had literally no defensive heroes. No Torb, no Junkrat. Nothing. The game literally tells you how to build a team. Read for God's sake. Goodness gracious. It's not that hard.

I dont believe you.

It is literally impossible that a team in any Overwatch match does not have a Widowmaker or/and a Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom