• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Belfast

All heroes are viable on attack if you're willing to play them creatively. Offensive torb requires more effort but his turrets can be a wonderful distraction and, placed in just the right spot, are good for helping your team push. Think of putting it in more narrow, strategic angles rather than giving it full coverage. Just somewhere with decent line of sight behind the bulk of your team. His regular gun does a lot of damage and has range. It's nearly as good at poking as Hanzo. And the armor kits give a pretty decent boost to your team. Torb's ult, if you have a good turret up, is also good for clearing space on a point.

Jarate

Banned
I went from 63 to 62 two days ago D:

This Zenyatta buff is gonna be so nice for me in comp. I suck with every other healer in the game, and Zenyatta can be countered so easily by a tracer or a genji right now on consoles. Im so hype for this, faster balls means easier 1 shot kills on Tracer

Also, it will fuck up the 400 Pharahs that are becoming a huge problem on console. The McCree buff and the Zenyatta buff should really help with the Pharah issue on console

All heroes are viable on attack if you're willing to play them creatively. Offensive torb requires more effort but his turrets can be a wonderful distraction and, placed in just the right spot, are good for helping your team push. Think of putting it in more narrow, strategic angles rather than giving it full coverage. Just somewhere with decent line of sight behind the bulk of your team. His regular gun does a lot of damage and has range. It's nearly as good at poking as Hanzo. And the armor kits give a pretty decent boost to your team. Torb's ult, if you have a good turret up, is also good for clearing space on a point.

Ive got a 61% win rate as torb in comp and generally only play him on KOTH style maps. (I sometimes play him on defense, but that role is generally taken before I choose, and honestly, defensive torb is kind of boring)

LiK

Attack Torbs are pretty good in the right hands. I don't hate people who choose them as long as they know what they're doing.

Jarate

Banned
Attack Torbs are pretty good in the right hands. I don't hate people who choose them as long as they know what they're doing.

Torb is also a lot less effective on PC generally, but it can still work

biggest issue I think most orbs have is they stick to close to their gun at all times, a flanking torb can do so much damage on random headshots and shotgun blasts, you can 1 shot tracers and Zenyattas with a shotgun blast.

I dont think the game reinforces the idea that you should not be worried about your sentry gun dying. His voice lines when his sentry die are way too emotional. You should be actively just shitting out as many sentires as you can, and hell, they are your escape option sometimes, along with throwing armor on the ground as you try to run away

Torb is also a lot less effective on PC generally, but it can still work

biggest issue I think most orbs have is they stick to close to their gun at all times, a flanking torb can do so much damage on random headshots and shotgun blasts, you can 1 shot tracers and Zenyattas with a shotgun blast.

I dont think the game reinforces the idea that you should not be worried about your sentry gun dying. His voice lines when his sentry die are way too emotional. You should be actively just shitting out as many sentires as you can, and hell, they are your escape option sometimes, along with throwing armor on the ground as you try to run away

Yep. Lose one turret, place another.

Turret low? Move it and catch people off guard.

Torb's weapon is too good to just sit around with it.

Grisby

Had a comp match last night where it was all about that Torb lyfe for the other team.

Could not take that last point on Industries, :(

However, the next match had one of the most hilarious sights I've seen yet. Two Reapers rode the payload while I was ghost riding as Zenyatta. Repeating the line, "I dreamt I was a butterfly" and throwing discord orbs everywhere until we won was great.

SiDCrAzY

If anybody needs a Lucio on their team feel free to add me on PS4. PSN: SiDCrAzYY

I play as other characters too, but I notice people don't usually like to play as a healer and I'm in love with Lucio, so works out for me.

maomaoIYP

Played 2 games on a brand new smurf account, was hoping to get more practice with Pharah. Ended up completely demolishing the opposite team. Went 12-0 and 17-0 respectively, it was super fun! I was always skeptical that quick play had MMR working properly since I always see super low level players when playing on my regular account, but now I believe it wholeheartedly. It also felt great to see how far I've improved since day 1.

Kamion

Oh fucking come on, this is my 8th comp game in a row today with 2+ people on our team leaving.

What's going on... I don't mind losing but this is ridiculous. Lost 4 ranks today...

duckroll

Today I took part in a coordinated troll defense on Volskaya with 5 Torbs and a Lucio. It felt really bad, and the other team tried all sorts of shit but they clearly weren't working together well enough to counter the cheese. Karma got us later on though, when we faced a team on Numbani on defense with 3 Torbs, 2 Bastions, and a Sym, who were working together pretty well. RIP.

Zemm

I think the reason why I'll never enjoy ranked and haven't enjoyed MOBA's is because you're relying on 5 others. Playing Hearthstone earlier and it was nice that all my losses were because of my fuck-ups. If I want to play competitive I'd rather they allow 3rd party matchmaking in the game (ESEA, FACEIT etc) AND let us run our own community/forum based servers.

I played RtCW for years because of 1-3 servers and clan matches, not some shitty matchmaking system where your opponents may as well be bots because you never interact. I played TF2 for years because of 1-3 servers based around a forum community. I played Enemy Territory for a long time because of the same reasons. Overwatch will not have that longevity, I wonder if it'll even last the Summer for me.

Pooya

they probably should buff torb's hp to 250 on pc for it to be viable, his hitbox is ridiculous and dies easily even with armor with it being too wide, maybe that way he can be a decent close range dps too, the shotgun does a lot of damage to tanks. I don't think turrets can be changed too much without being broken.

Azoor

Today I took part in a coordinated troll defense on Volskaya with 5 Torbs and a Lucio. It felt really bad, and the other team tried all sorts of shit but they clearly weren't working together well enough to counter the cheese. Karma got us later on though, when we faced a team on Numbani on defense with 3 Torbs, 2 Bastions, and a Sym, who were working together pretty well. RIP.

The patch will come and you'll never be able to do this anymore, at least on competitive mode.

Enjoy it while it lasts.

abundant

I think the reason why I'll never enjoy ranked and haven't enjoyed MOBA's is because you're relying on 5 others. Playing Hearthstone earlier and it was nice that all my losses were because of my fuck-ups. If I want to play competitive I'd rather they allow 3rd party matchmaking in the game (ESEA, FACEIT etc) AND let us run our own community/forum based servers.

I played RtCW for years because of 1-3 servers and clan matches, not some shitty matchmaking system where your opponents may as well be bots because you never interact. I played TF2 for years because of 1-3 servers based around a forum community. I played Enemy Territory for a long time because of the same reasons. Overwatch will not have that longevity, I wonder if it'll even last the Summer for me.

I don't know if they could do this on consoles, but I'd love it if they could. Two of my most memorable games where when it was GAF v GAF. They were also the most stressful games as well.

If anybody needs a Lucio on their team feel free to add me on PS4. PSN: SiDCrAzYY

I play as other characters too, but I notice people don't usually like to play as a healer and I'm in love with Lucio, so works out for me.
Added.

If anybody wants to me add me as well my PSN is BlueSpinosaurus. I usually play McCree, Winston and Zarya (but I also like to experiment a lot). I'm also very, very average.

Is there a GAF Overwatch Discord server?

I would like to play with people mid to high 50s that are not salty and don't cry and know what they're doing on PC.

if anyone wants a mei on their team please add me DeadPrince#11886

JK i can lucio
i should be able to play after work for a good 5 hours today. so in about 4 hours from now.

got a new graphics card coming this friday. woot.

Afro

Patch needs to hurry up and drop!

Zenny awaits.

QZ6X7fz.png

Yesterday I did a Quick Play match where all of us chose Lucio on Volskaya defense. We lost, but it was a lot of fun spamming "I need healing!" And everybody broke it down all at once.

Anyone think more animal characters are gonna appear? Or just winston, humans and robots

Unless they introduce something like mutants or high-end genetic engineering that creates anthropomorphic animal characters (i.e. furries), I doubt there will be any additional animal characters - if anything, animal-themed Omnics (like Zenyatta's Ra skins), and at best skins for human characters.

A pair of artists drew a really silly mecha piloted by a dog as part of rejected Overwatch designs, and I'd love to see something like that, but it's too comedic even for Overwatch, which is fairly comedic already.

That said, with Omnics, they could easily go crazy and have shit like a robot dragon or something like that. There's no boundaries with robots. And I'd love it. I'd especially love something similar to Fang from Contra Hard Corps:
latest

Jarate

Banned
For those who play on console what do you think of the aiming?

It works out well enough, Pharah is really broken on console right now, but when McCree and Zenyatta buffs come out that'll stop her a lot better.

Im not the biggest fan of auto aim in console fps though

In comparison, I usually score about 10% less accuracy with most classes on console then PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom