• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's depressing when you have Mccree and soldier in your team and Phara still dominates the whole match.

A good Pharah will dominate no matter what. Especially supported. I let a guy takeover McCree in a competitive game and he got wrecked by her also. I don't really get that he's supposed to be an answer for her.

A good Pharah will dominate no matter what. Especially supported. I let a guy takeover McCree in a competitive game and he got wrecked by her also. I don't really get that he's supposed to be an answer for her.

Two headshots kills Pharah and 3 body shots will do the same. You can almost get off both shots before the Pharah has even hit you with a rocket at the edge of his falloff. The danger of just getting eaten by McCree is enough that Pharah has vanished from pro play almost entirely.

Have we already talked about the Overwatch World Cup? No prize pool at all? What is that about?

Also, I'm starting to think that Soldier and Reaper are the go-to DPS combo for Hollywood defense. My groups usual McCree/Genji combo feels a million times worse on that map.

zoukka

Has anyone had issues with their voice communication? My push to talk button stops randomly working between matches all the fucking time...

LiK

PC of course.

Meh. A good mccree shuts Phara down completely. Especially if there's a soldier to back him up, it's no contest.

huh, now i know why you're extra pissed about a Soldier/McCree not taking out a Pharah. Heard Pharahs are near unplayable on PC these days due to all the counters.

Two headshots kills Pharah and 3 body shots will do the same. You can almost get off both shots before the Pharah has even hit you with a rocket at the edge of his falloff. The danger of just getting eaten by McCree is enough that Pharah has vanished from pro play almost entirely.

Have we already talked about the Overwatch World Cup? No prize pool at all? What is that about?

Also, I'm starting to think that Soldier and Reaper are the go-to DPS combo for Hollywood defense. My groups usual McCree/Genji combo feels a million times worse on that map.

Yeah I guess. But two good rockets will eat McCree. Maybe I'm just not great at aiming at air targets. Plus, the game never quite plays out the way it should when you theorycraft everything.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I mean that's assuming the mccree is of equal skill. Or more really. He's considered the dps with one of the highest skill ceiling for a reason.

Rize_21

Pharah is like a wingless fly on pc, with Mercy or not, she can't sustain the damages she takes, switched to Reaper and Tracer until Blizzard gives some armor for Pharah.

Skii

Funny how wildly different the same character can be on PC and consoles. Pharah is an absolute nuisance on console. Almost impossible to get out of the air.

You know, from watching streams, it seems like Torb is just as non existent on PC as he is on console, even though Pharah is out of the picture. Poor Swedish dwarf ):

zoukka

Todays ranked was a mess. Servers fucked up all the time resulting in leavers and lag. Also I suck.

Rip rank.

You know, from watching streams, it seems like Torb is just as non existent on PC as he is on console, even though Pharah is out of the picture. Poor Swedish dwarf ):

He just gets crushed by the 2 tank 2 heal meta. The turret does absolutely nothing against Dva, Zarya and Rein.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member

Just a really bad pick in general, easily countered and very niche, no matter how good you are with him. The same can be said for most, if not all the defence heroes which are all out of the meta currently.

The pro meta definitely reflects my own opinion, when I see certain heroes on my team I'm sad, and it usually ends in disaster but people are stubborn and try to convince themselves their main is great when they're not, whereas people who actually want to win adapt like myself, I never played Zen in competitive until he was buffed, now I have 70% win rate with him.

1kbrJ8GC22K.png

darklin0

Banned
Which ones?

image.php

With all the Zens he is pretty much relegated to sitting next to healers to defend from some flankers. ]:

76 feels a bit useless at the moment as well, Torb and Symmetra just get ran over at the moment, and Hanzo feels like he isn't even a viable choice(defense).

Maybe it is just me, but I just play Lucio or Roadhog now because I can't seem to do much else with any success.

Antiwhippy

Nah winston is still good man. Zen solo is kinda 50-50 but he's still the best diver to take him out because you need to take him out.

I've played winston since the patch to great effect.

darklin0

Banned
Nah winston is still good man. Zen solo is kinda 50-50 but he's still the best diver to take him out because you need to take him out.

I've played winston since the patch to great effect.

I wish I could dive. I get discord orbed and go down in seconds without getting anyone lower than 50% hp. Pretty much every team is running at Zen+Lucio so I end up just jumping in and eating dirt.

I am sitting at 33% win rate with him at the moment. It used to be 76%. I pretty much gave up using him.

ViviOggi

HOW HARD IS IT TO LOOK UP WHEN YOU SPAM SOLDIER 24/7

I've literally lost half of my games in the past couple of days to free solo Pharahs despite our team having at least one counter every single time. I usually try to pick towards a good team composition but from now on I'll just say fuck it, pick that third long-range dps and do it myself, this is too fucking stressful

The whole defense branch basically can be deleted at this point.

Yeah, for a while when the "No Defense Heroes" warning came up, I'd pick Junkrat because he was the only one I was decent at. Now I just ignore that warning, because a decent tank or offense character seems more worthwhile than anyone in the defense section.

StayDead

The second I queue for comp as anyone other than Ana I seem to forget how to aim. Its not that I cant aim normally, comp just seems to kill me

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Wait that graph really thinks Zenyatta needs a nerf? o_O He went from unplayable to playable.

He went from unplayable to required, definitely feels over-buffed to me at least and I play him all the time now so I don't want him nerfed but there's really no point in playing Mercy/Ana right now because Lucio/Zen are so strong.

Genji in the balanced hero column lmao

You're looking at it wrong (and he didn't do a good job of labelling it to be fair), he's not saying Genji specially is balanced, he's saying judging by the pick rate % heroes in this bracket should be balanced, there's a big difference. Just ignore the right text and look at the pick rates, that'll tell you who's in and who's out right now.

Antiwhippy

Goddamnit fucking zaryas CALL YOUR ULT. Should be basic shit by now you'd think.

I wish I could dive. I get discord orbed and go down in seconds without getting anyone lower than 50% hp. Pretty much every team is running at Zen+Lucio so I end up just jumping in and eating dirt.

I am sitting at 33% win rate with him at the moment. It used to be 76%. I pretty much gave up using him.

Hmm, I find that I'm still doing pretty good with him, but I can't solo jump in as much anymore.

He still rules in KotH from my experience.

darklin0

Banned
Goddamnit fucking zaryas CALL YOUR ULT. Should be basic shit by now you'd think.

Hmm, I find that I'm still doing pretty good with him, but I can't solo jump in as much anymore.

He still rules in KotH from my experience.

Only times I solo jumped was for Widows. The times I did jump into their team or for healers was when my team was pressuring them enough to not instantly turn around. With this patch a Lucio and Zen combo you sit back there way to long and it gives the enemy team enough time to react and wipe you clean.

KotH is filled with D.Va, Roadhog or Zarya which are effective against him.

The whole current meta is 2 shot kills or intakill ults. Most Damage over time characters have become very weak due to Zen.

Antiwhippy

I thought that would be the case too but the meta still favours him going by tournament pick rates. I dunno. YMMV. I've always done pretty well going KotH with him, though it's ideally being backed by a zarya.

He went from unplayable to required, definitely feels over-buffed to me at least and I play him all the time now so I don't want him nerfed but there's really no point in playing Mercy/Ana right now because Lucio/Zen are so strong.

Like, all they did was give him a slight HP buff and made his ult less terrible.

Also lowered his damage.

darklin0

Banned
I thought that would be the case too but the meta still favours him going by tournament pick rates. I dunno. YMMV. I've always done pretty well going KotH with him, though it's ideally being backed by a zarya.

Competitive is different than just solo comp. They usually play in teams that are extremely familiar with each other and can coordinate a lot better. He works there due to the higher numbber of McCree, Tracer, and Genji coupled together with two healers. It is a good pick because he pretty much remains defense against the flankers.

Like, all they did was give him a slight HP buff and made his ult less terrible.

Also lowered his damage.

He was strong before but the issue was he had to deal with Widows all the time just body shot insta kill. His rise was not due to him getting buffed, it is due to other characters getting debuffed, buffed, and the power balance shifting. Why hope that a Mercy could surive and then reviving your team when you can keep them alive.

AngryMoth

I think Zen's discord orb is the thing that needs to be nerfed, tanks just melt to him right now. And I say that as someone that's pretty much maining him right now

Reinhart is starting to really piss me off.

He does stupid damage with that hammer.

Either the collision model on it is fucked up or my ping times are too shit. I was backpedaling shooting at a Rein as Reaper yesterday, he was flailing his hammer around fucking hitting me from like 20 feet away when his hammer model was nowhere near me. This was also that Reins PotG and the replay showed it as well. Some of the other people I have been playing with have noticed Rein's being able to hit people when seemingly the hammer head is whiffing through air.

I've noticed this on other characters as well. Had a Reinhart chase down Mercy while I was flying away and kill me mid-air with his magical ranged hammer attack.

The worst are the tryhard Rein's that are actually good and don't even bother with their shield. They just run into the middle of your team and flail about with their magical hammer that has magical range and wipe everyone out. Even more likely to happen with that Ana ult.

Sorry, just had to rant. Probably just a bad week of Overwatch.

*edit* I'm not talking about his actual ranged attack

Reinhart is starting to really piss me off.

He does stupid damage with that hammer.

Either the collision model on it is fucked up or my ping times are too shit. I was backpedaling shooting at a Rein as Reaper yesterday, he was flailing his hammer around fucking hitting me from like 20 feet away when his hammer model was nowhere near me. This was also that Reins PotG and the replay showed it as well. Some of the other people I have been playing with have noticed Rein's being able to hit people when seemingly the hammer head is whiffing through air.

I've noticed this on other characters as well. Had a Reinhart chase down Mercy while I was flying away and kill me mid-air with his magical ranged hammer attack.

The worst are the tryhard Rein's that are actually good and don't even bother with their shield. They just run into the middle of your team and flail about with their magical hammer that has magical range and wipe everyone out. Even more likely to happen with that Ana ult.

Sorry, just had to rant. Probably just a bad week of Overwatch.

*edit* I'm not talking about his actual ranged attack

I was pestering a Rein one game with Tracer and pretty much had him dead as he swung wildly. Despite being way way away he managed to kill me. On the kill cam they were close enough to kiss lol

People complaining about Genji now obviously never played against him in Beta when he had Stealth or when Double Genji and Double Zen were the only thing that mattered.
1x

Syntax

People complaining about Genji now obviously never played against him in Beta when he had Stealth or when Double Genji and Double Zen were the only thing that mattered.
1x
Don't forget Tracer. She and Genji were nigh unkillable with the fire-and-forget Zen orbs. Don't remember him having stealth, though.

I'll never forget or forgive Tracer and Genji for the Symmetra shield nerf. They're too good with more health? Better nerf the support.

And I remember Blizzard remarking the less-health-bursty-dmg Genji was in a good place but they wanted to try the more-health-less-dmg version and see how that worked.

Antiwhippy

1st loot crate: Oh, GB tracer. Whatevs.

2nd loot crate: American mccree fuck yeah!

3rd loot crate: Zarya summer games skin dupe, ah well.

4th loot crate: GB Tracer and American mccree dupes ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME.

Like 3 summer game dupes consecutively? Gimme a break game.

Eh whatever. I got my american mccree which is all I wanted so I'm done for now. Dat boi lucio soccer skin would be cool but otherwise, NOT BUYING ANYMORE LOOTBOXES.

Malo

Banned
My season high is 60 and I have 75 wins, I'm going to be playing a lot of overwatch over this last week and a half.

I need that Zarya golden gun.

You have any video of this? Be interested in seeing it.

I don't have any videos of it, but during Dragonblade Genji would go completely invisible.

Again this was like the very first closed beta showing it pretty much got instantly nerfed.

It also why Blizzard doesn't really want to do a Stealth character but then again all signs are leading to Sombra being just that.

Don't forget Tracer. She and Genji were nigh unkillable with the fire-and-forget Zen orbs. Don't remember him having stealth, though.

I'll never forget or forgive Tracer and Genji for the Symmetra shield nerf. They're too good with more health? Better nerf the support.

And I remember Blizzard remarking the less-health-bursty-dmg Genji was in a good place but they wanted to try the more-health-less-dmg version and see how that worked.

Beta times were some of the best times and worse times. We had cancer Zen meta (Though we have a weaker version of it now) Rein could ani cancel his hammer for even more DPS, The No Tank Meta, The Winston Meta, Bastion with a Shield, Symmetra actually being useful meta, Phar/Mercy, Cancer McCree Meta.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom