• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except for all the times you end up boosting the wrong person, like when I tried to coordinate a boost with Genji's ult to cap Volskaya B and accidentally boosted Reaper instead.

We lost, but none of us could breathe after that from laughing so hard.

Reaper isn't a bad character to boost. Very hard to kill and he can get in shotgun range easily and do hella damage. He can sweep a team if they're bunched up and will probably build up a lot of ult in the process. Shitty if they're scattered though. Still, one of the better options if you aren't going to double up

Soulflarz

Banned
I feel a sudden urge to make a joke about my highest rank (76) in the same sense that everyone called me reaperflarz/"only plays reaper" until I just continued being an edgelord

What have you guys done to me

S76 is not an abomination because abominations are usually interesting in some way. Mei is an abomination. Soldier 76 is a shadow no one cares about.

76 is actually really good because of his speed/damage/healing trifecta, he is just so god damn lame. i think the game would be better without him.

Can somebody explain how competitive ranks work. I was level 61 but lost only a couple of games and lost 4 ranks in about an hour. So how come whenever I win a game I gain about 1/4th of a rank but when I lose I go down by half a rank.

Veelk

Banned
Yeah, I feel the game has been getting progressively glitchier since I got it. It used to run so perfectly, but now main menu often takes forever to load and now I hear about that Gibraltar mess...

This is my first Blizzard game, but aren't they known for their polish?

Mei is a national treasure.

I say we bury her on some remote island. You know, how pirates do with their treasures and mark her location on a map. Except we don't do that last part and just forget she exists instead.

Man, I still smile when I think of that play I had earlier today. I would pay actual money to have seen the face of the Mei player's...hell, of the entire team's faces when they realized I reflected Mei's ult and they were the ones being frozen. If I had a drawing talent, I'd make a comic.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I fucking hate McCree and I hate that every single team has one now without fail.

FUCK YOU, MCCREEEEEEE

I say we bury her on some remote island. You know, how pirates do with their treasures and mark her location on a map. Except we don't do that last part and just forget she exists instead.
I'll stay on that island with her if it comes to that.

And no one else can come visit.

I fucking hate McCree and I hate that every single team has one now without fail.

FUCK YOU, MCCREEEEEEE
This might help.

GODDAMMIT SNAKE

Soulflarz

Banned
Can somebody explain how competitive ranks work. I was level 61 but lost only a couple of games and lost 4 ranks in about an hour. So how come whenever I win a game I gain about 1/4th of a rank but when I lose I go down by half a rank.

TL;DR streaks matter a lot but...uhm..."the average 61 plays at a higher level than you" so the game deranks you.

That feel when you're team can't get to a point and you switch to McCree and left-click their entire team to death in a span of about 20 seconds and cap all the points damn near single-handedly.

Gettin shit done.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I'll stay on that island with her if it comes to that.

And no one else can come visit.

This might help.

GODDAMMIT SNAKE

image.php

Soulflarz

Banned
I'm at work right now, but if wanna add I'm Antiwhippy#1354

I don't even know how the timezones will work out but eh, why not. :p

Well seeing as my friend consistently keeps me up till it's past dinner her time because she acknowledges I'll be asleep the rest of her day, I think we'll be fine till school starts for me.

but first I must go beat super mario galaxy, 50/120 stars in, started today.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
That feel when you're team can't get to a point and you switch to McCree and left-click their entire team to death in a span of about 20 seconds and cap all the points damn near single-handedly.

Gettin shit done.

I had a gold elim with a high kill participation the other day with mccree on KotH and that felt so damn good.

I'm still not good but I like to think that I'm improving!

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I forgot I even had plague doctor

Reaper is like the character I like least that I play a decent amount just because of his uses as an anti-tank. Though I tend to have more luck murdering tanks with Hanzo.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Reaper is the guy I go to if I want a relaxing time with the game. Just go in, pop pop, wraith, fun times all around.

Soulflarz

Banned

Reaper is like the character I like least that I play a decent amount just because of his uses as an anti-tank. Though I tend to have more luck murdering tanks with Hanzo.

Thats because even though he's "anti tank" he's a lot less good at it than people originally believed. Hell, people still really have a misconception on the fight, especially on roadhog since roadhog is a large character and shotguns do a lot. The issue is that a roadhog can chain kill you or simply outshoot you in a 1v1. His guns more powerful and he has more HP- he can one shot you normally. A D Va? You'll win against the mech at a cost of a ton of your HP. Winstons still a joke, and Zarya wins the 1v1 still like always unless they're chargeless and you can force the shield early.

He's great on squishys who die before they can see you even.

Honestly, I feel like if Reaper launched with the Mariachi or white Mariachi skin as his default and his voice lines were in Spanish, the whole 'Reaper player' meme wouldn't exist.

I understand the anti-grimdark sentiment, and if it were like a Spawn comic book, where Reaper were one of 25+ equally try-hard edgey characters the snark would make sense. He's literally the one sorta goth/emo/dark/edgey/90s character in a game full of color.

As a touch of flavor I find him and his grimdarkness utterly inoffensive and not in the least bit annoying.

Frankly, between Mei and DVa the cutesy asian chick meme is a little more irritating.

xaosslug

So I had my first real game with Zarya tonight, and y'all weren't pulling my leg, this hero is straight up a MONSTER I already had a plan in mind of how I was going to utilize her, and to be honest, I was prepared for frustration and tears, but good grief! I was just steam rolling the opposition with that freakin' particle beam of death of hers. I didn't get POTG (thought I was gunna) But I got the most up votes and was just on fire for the whole game. I think I died maybe twice, but fuck me if I didn't make 'em work for it first. Felt like I was playing with cheat codes!

after receiving both Zarya's Summer skins I feel like it's a sign I should seriously hunker down and learn her... hmm.

also, tired of getting fried by her (as D.Va) and would like to learn her intricacies, tbh...

Crzy1

Had some great games with Winston today. Went 24/0 in King's Row one match because of some awesome support. When the team plays with you aggressively, he can really bring the house down, but I feel like he should do a small amount more damage with his stomp. Overall, I think the tanks are some of the most balanced heroes in the game, but Winston feels like he could use slightly more oomph compared to the others right now.

Had some great games with Winston today. Went 24/0 in King's Row one match because of some awesome support. When the team plays with you aggressively, he can really bring the house down, but I feel like he should do a small amount more damage with his stomp. Overall, I think the tanks are some of the most balanced heroes in the game, but Winston feels like he could use slightly more oomph compared to the others right now.

Agreed.

He either needs more survivability or more DPS. One of the two, depending on how Blizzard would prefer players use him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom