• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

zoukka

real question is were they good?

We didn't get anything done of course. Even Seagull couldn't make an attack Tor work, I'm sorry, especially in Gibraltar.

The funniest part was the change to symmetra when the team flamed him for Tor. Everyone was just -.- it's hopeless.

Sitting at my office and see somebody playing Overwatch. Somewhat glad my laptop can't run it well as I don't have the discipline not to play it all day.

LiK

We didn't get anything done of course. Even Seagull couldn't make an attack Tor work, I'm sorry, especially in Gibraltar.

The funniest part was the change to symmetra when the team flamed him for Tor. Everyone was just -.- it's hopeless.

Attack Symm can work. her teleporter is very useful for Payload maps on either side. she just needs to not die much.

i've found that Attack Torbs can work but only when you have a pair of them.

finalflame

I can only imagine people do this on purpose/to intentionally troll. The number of people that change from Widow to Hanzo, Hanzo to Genji, Symmetra to Torb on attack is too damn high to not be people who are just shooting shit.

zoukka

The worst part is that with the troll pickers and leavers, they only increase as I drop ranks because of them. It's like a infinite spiral into hell.

Attack Symm can work. her teleporter is very useful for Payload maps on either side. she just needs to not die much.

Yep. On the rare occasion I do Symmetra attack and if you can sneak by and hide a teleporter, it's a huge boon to the team. Other members need to pick up the slack on dealing damage, but you can pressure the opposing team out of the point by taking away any prep time.

CoLaN

One of the reasons why i initially loved the game was the need to make good team compositions/switch to counter, but i have to say that this exact reason is why im not enjoying the game that much anymore.

Sometimes i am in the mood to play a certain hero but i find myself bound to play another, and i do that for the sake of the team. But... it's a videogame, i would love to actually have fun instead of obligations.

Kito

Her turrets are more useful than the tp on attack, imo. Keep a continuous spawn of them as your team move forwards and it will deter flankers, tracers above all, where the chip damage is significant to them.

i've found that Attack Torbs can work but only when you have a pair of them.

Attack Symm can work, but only super suboptimally. Teleporter's utility is massively reduced (unless the other team is really awful at hunting it down), turret utility is massively reduced. You're basically always better off going with somebody else.

Torb... double Torb maybe? The armor is a great boon, and he can hold down the payload like a motherfucker, but you're probably always going to be better off with another character.

LiK

Her turrets are more useful than the tp on attack, imo. Keep a continuous spawn of them as your team move forwards and it will deter flankers, tracers above all, where the chip damage is significant to them.

can work both ways. also her energy ball is very useful too if the defense has a Reinhardt.

Attack Symm can work, but only super suboptimally. Teleporter's utility is massively reduced (unless the other team is really awful at hunting it down), turret utility is massively reduced. You're basically always better off going with somebody else.

Torb... double Torb maybe? The armor is a great boon, and he can hold down the payload like a motherfucker, but you're probably always going to be better off with another character.

oh yes, i've played with randoms where double Torbs simply wreck the defense cuz they can't seem to adapt to them. it's oddly refreshing to sometimes see characters not filling in their usual roles. it's even funnier when the turrets are on the Payload and killing so many guys.

Levels don't matter in this game, especially when you can still level up if you lose a match.

Indeed but still they played long enough to understand the need of a tank for at least attack or use alternative ways to reach objetives.

Today in saltwatch: Dude who picked Tor and Symmetra for attack in Gibraltar. Had 500hours of playtime.

Why me.

Attack Symmetra is legit but hard, she have to survive and rush for the TP in less than 1 min to be helpful

zoukka

Torb is probably the worst hero in the game now that everyone plays Zarya and another tank. You just feed Zarya shield whenever she wants to and the right-click balls wreck your turrets.

xaosslug

Mess with the sensitivity until it feels right. Use the Practice range.
I suppose adjusting the sensitivity to something you feel more comfortable with might help. And then once you start doing well like that, increase the sensitivity a little more and start again.

thanks, guys!

i was feeling frisky today so I took Tracer out in a QP on a Gibraltar attack... I was doing really, really well until an S76 + Junkrat + Reaper + Pharah began targeting me and chasing me around the map/killing me over and over. Obviously, I wasn't having it so I switched to Junkrat and we won.

but yeah, I used to feel like Tracer was so unwieldy but little by little I'm getting the hang of her! :D

JJShadow

I really, really love Lucio on payload defense. I spend most of the time moving around or on top of the payload just for the sake of contesting it, you cannot imagine how much time I make the other team spent. Yesterday I managed to contest the payload in Gibraltar initial point for 3 minutes or so, in some moments it was me jumping on top on the Payload vs the 6 of them lol

Repo Man

The worst part is that with the troll pickers and leavers, they only increase as I drop ranks because of them. It's like a infinite spiral into hell.

Yea but mate! That just means that you're dropping down to the rank you're actually supposed to be! Right ?... RIGHT!?... Atleast thats what I've been told.

In any case, good luck and god speed. I've already given up.

Inversive

Gold obj kills in a long ass game as Lucio, dunno how we won cos my team was fucking horrible. comp is so stressful cos there's so many bads who have the potential to ruin your game and lose ranks. I don't understand why they are the same rank as me? You would think upper 50's would be scrub free but nope you still get Torbs on attack and ofc every Hanzo is a terrible player. These people should be rank 30 not 55-60 :s

wonderpug

Neo Member
I really, really love Lucio on payload defense. I spend most of the time moving around or on top of the payload just for the sake of contesting it, you cannot imagine how much time I make the other team spent. Yesterday I managed to contest the payload in Gibraltar initial point for 3 minutes or so, in some moments it was me jumping on top on the Payload vs the 6 of them lol

I've been on the other side of this and it's incredibly effective. Between the wall running, the self-heal, and the speed boosting, he's just so hard to peg. I end up switching to Mei when that happens so I can just point in Lucio's general direction and slow him down.

Grisby

As Mercy, how do I deal against a pesky tracer, I ran towrds my allies and hide in the center but good lord tracer keeps chasing me
Fly you fool!

If someone is far enough though. Also find tight corridors and just start shooting while walking backwards.

Moonkeis

Can someone add the Google doc as a quote to the OP? I was looking for it in the old thread but I'm unable to quote.

edit: Disregard, found it from a recent post.

But Quote me if you happen to need it.

zoukka

Yea but mate! That just means that you're dropping down to the rank you're actually supposed to be! Right ?... RIGHT!?... Atleast thats what I've been told.

In any case, good luck and god speed. I've already given up.

I can literally have full days of play without a decent close match. Either I'm the worst player alive or the system is fucked.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Can someone add the Google doc as a quote to the OP? I was looking for it in the old thread but I'm unable to quote.

edit: Disregard, found it from a recent post.

But Quote me if you happen to need it.
email tag bucko, edit your post

eek5

I think some people see the heal/armor/shields request as an insult, like you don't trust them to do the job themselves to the point you have to ask, and then they get spiteful.

It's a weird behavior to be sure, but I've seen it show up here and there over plenty of games.

Yes.

Had the same thing happen to me in comp. People are goddamn idiots. Sym gave shield to everyone except me so I stood in front of her thinking she'd see the E prompt and give me one. Nothing. So I hit x once and ask for shields. Nothing. Then I start spamming it and he tells me to stop. IF YOU WANT ME TO STOP GIVE ME A GODDAMN SHIELD HOW HARD IS IT TO PRESS E YOU PIECE OF SHIT. JESUS.

Thanks for the advice, sometimes I have to stay healing the kamikazi Reinhart but okay I will let him burn there and save my life.

Considering all the feeback you can get like Mercy health while healing you, voices notifications and emotes, a healers life is hard

Zemm

The rank 50-60's are full of utter shit players. I can't even imagine what it's like below that. Like holy fuck, some of these shitters, it would be an achievement if they could tie their shoelaces. I'm never ever solo queuing placements again and I'm waiting a few days for any bugs.

You know what's great? When you lose and someone on your team spams the "Thanks!" line.
I love passive aggressive BM
The rank 50-60's are full of utter shit players. I can't even imagine what it's like below that. Like holy fuck, some of these shitters, it would be an achievement if they could tie their shoelaces. I'm never ever solo queuing placements again and I'm waiting a few days for any bugs.
I just got dropped at 47 since I haven't won a single match since I placed

Let's just say I wish bad things for Bastion players

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Cmw_pYmWAAIjzyN.jpg

Kito

Had the same thing happen to me in comp. People are goddamn idiots. Sym gave shield to everyone except me so I stood in front of her thinking she'd see the E prompt and give me one. Nothing. So I hit x once and ask for shields. Nothing. Then I start spamming it and he tells me to stop. IF YOU WANT ME TO STOP GIVE ME A GODDAMN SHIELD HOW HARD IS IT TO PRESS E YOU PIECE OF SHIT. JESUS.

Why don't I get this much attention as Sym? I'll waste 10 precious seconds trying to shield a Widow that slinged away instead of spawning turrets, but Widow doesn't care for my shields. :(

Sapientas

So when someone on the other team leaves your ranked XP gets a heavy cut. I'm fine with that, but it should really consider when the leaver did it.

Just had an intense 55 x 55 match on Nepal and at round 4 (the last one) 3 players on the other team left, just before losing. Kinda stupid we get penalized for that.

top kek

Guess Who

Banned
Yo folks. Strongly considering picking this up on PC, but I'm on a pretty old clunker (Phenom II X4 955, 12GB RAM, 560 Ti). Technically meets the minimum but I'd like to at least get 40-60fps at all times, even if it's on the lowest settings. Anyone with a similar PC have any experience?

Crzy1

As Mercy, how do I deal against a pesky tracer, I ran towrds my allies and hide in the center but good lord tracer keeps chasing me
Everytime I just jump around a lot and try to kill her myself. If you wait for help, you're already dead, a couple of headshots from Mercy's pistol is devastating to Tracer. If they're decent, they're probably going to kill you, if your team isn't situationally aware enough to help and Tracer is continually hassling you, it's usually easier to just swap to Lucio if you're the only healer, he's a lot harder for Tracer to take down.

That image...truth. I know you need healing, I'm busy running back to you for the 20th time because no one was covering me.

I usually just ignore them if they're not being effective, everytime I run to someone to try and save them, I die and the team suffers because of it. They can fall back to me if they need a heal or chase down a health pack. In two healer setups, I'm a bit more generous, but if I'm solo healing I always play it safe.

Thorn

Yo folks. Strongly considering picking this up on PC, but I'm on a pretty old clunker (Phenom II X4 955, 12GB RAM, 560 Ti). Technically meets the minimum but I'd like to at least get 40-60fps at all times, even if it's on the lowest settings. Anyone with a similar PC have any experience?

I used to have a pc with fairly similar specs, but not anymore.

Maybe these could help?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2kOjZ-ehEE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3b-4hT1RCwA

Settings appear to be mostly medium with a mix of high and low.

Bloody snipers.

Come and join me when I'm holding down the entire Objective by myself.

Instead of just standing on a rooftop looking for your kills.

BigDug13

If the Tracer is really good, I usually just go ahead and switch to Lucio after my next death. Sticking with Mercy while a good enemy Tracer goes ignored by your team is an exercise in frustration.

Chance

So the purple coins is just for a gold skin for the weapon? Will mercy get a gold caduceus and a gold pistol then?

I'm curious about that myself. I'm assuming weapon-swapping chars like Mercy and D.Va will have to pay 300 and get both of their weapons engoldened - it would be super-unfair if a Reaper only had to pay 300 for his gold shotties, but a Mercy or D.Va had to choose between like a gold staff or a gold pistol or both for 600.

'Course given Blizz's recent history, they might be okay with that right up until we make a stink.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I'm curious about that myself. I'm assuming weapon-swapping chars like Mercy and D.Va will have to pay 300 and get both of their weapons engoldened - it would be super-unfair if a Reaper only had to pay 300 for his gold shotties, but a Mercy or D.Va had to choose between like a gold staff or a gold pistol or both for 600.

'Course given Blizz's recent history, they might be okay with that right up until we make a stink.
Yeah they get both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom