• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Does Reinhardt have a 'melee' attack? Just realised I've never thought to try it the few times I've played him.

He doesnt have a designated melee attack because his primary fire is his melee, if that makes sense

Ayumi

tumblr_o9wshrIrCZ1qfmdlzo1_500.gif

ekim

We had a Symmetra on Nepal yesterday and she was doing random useless things. On top of that the player spammed the chat with messages to add him if you need a Zenyatta player. Was this a bot or some kind of troll?

J Jizzle

I've got the next two weeks off work due to left over leave so I've decided to dive into Overwatch for the first time rather than spend my free time with DOTA.

Any go to beginner heroes I should go for?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I've got the next two weeks off work due to left over leave so I've decided to dive into Overwatch for the first time rather than spend my free time with DOTA.

Any go to beginner heroes I should go for?

Doesn't get simpler than soldier really. Plus he's always useful to have.

Roadhog if you like a certain character in dota.

Just in a Quick Play match where my team is 5 Genji and 1 Lucio (yup, that's me) in Defend. My team lost and everyone blamed me :|
We're around level 20 btw

ekim

We are getting destroyed on Attack on Dorado because of a good enemy team composition (Junkrat, Pharah, Reinhardt, S76, Mercy, Roadhog).
Their Pharah was top notch and filled their Ulti with ease. So with 2 minutes left on the timer and not having even touched the payload, I decided to ask the pubs on my team (we were a group of 3 + 3 pubs) If they are OK with a complete reroll of our team and I proposed going for: Reinhardt, one or two S76 behind Reinhardt to take care of Pharah, Winston&DVa to distract the enemy from the Reinhardt/Soldier combi, Mercy and depending on the number of Soldiers one Pharah. Maybe completely going without support up to a certain point just to get the Payload moving and adding a Reaper instead of Mercy.

Guess what happened? No answer... -.-

edit: I don't know if my plan would've panned out or not. Just saying. What would you have changed in that position?

ragevvorks

Neo Member
Is it just me or climbing ranks has become much easier now? Went from 49 to 53 then to 57, nearly 58 in 2 consecutive ranked sessions. The average rank seems to have gone up? I see a lot more people on my flist with ranks 60-70, which I thought would only be obtainable by tournament/pro players :S

Antiwhippy

Is it rude to tell someone who's playing mercy to go lucio for KotH?

I always feel like lucio is pretty much needed in KotH.

LiK

Is it rude to tell someone who's playing mercy to go lucio for KotH?

I always feel like lucio is pretty much needed in KotH.

As long as you're not being a dick about it, it's a good suggestion. I will always go Lucio in those maps if no one else is doing it.

Antiwhippy

Lost connection to the server on character select and that dropped me a rank.

Feeling good, feeling alright. Happy thoughts.

LiK

Starting to hate the random lag I get. It would be fine for a couple of matches and I would get one where I can't control my character and it would be jumpy all over the place. Not sure why that happens. Almost fucked me over in Comp last night. Thankfully, we won. I was Lucio so it was not good timing. Seemed like the lag lasted for a couple of min.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Genji deflecting a rocket into a mid flight pharra
0lUD-sU74Qtxv0u3KaRyoUPJuKuPbZIM_ig02DsX1Fc.jpg

PatjuhR

Since I panic when I'm closed up as Widowmaker I happen to throw around my venom mines at enemies which I know isn't really a smart move.

But last time it really bit me in the ass since the genji I faced deflected it and it poisoned me and give me the finishing touch to death.

El Sloth

Banned
We had a Symmetra on Nepal yesterday and she was doing random useless things. On top of that the player spammed the chat with messages to add him if you need a Zenyatta player. Was this a bot or some kind of troll?
sounds like it might just have been a kid.

So, in general, the primo Hooker Fats combo is: alt fire, hook, primary fire, melee?
I usually don't alt fire just because I forget. You REALLY should against Reaper, Lucio and Mei because otherwise they can get away (only sometimes for Lucio). But if I'm hooking a tank id rather have extra primary fire to finish them off anyway.

Sora_N

Play as Hanzo, and only as Hanzo. It doesn't matter if your team needs a healer or a support. Hanzo is the answer to all your teams needs.

We had a Hanzo that basically helped us win a game yesterday. He got so many ults and used them well each time. There are good ones out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom