• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.
The rank 50-60's are full of utter shit players. I can't even imagine what it's like below that. Like holy fuck, some of these shitters, it would be an achievement if they could tie their shoelaces. I'm never ever solo queuing placements again and I'm waiting a few days for any bugs.

I've dropped to 41 after being 57 so needless to say I give zero fucks anymore. Turned off chat and I pick whoever I want no matter the circumstances or team comp. I'm having a blast! Noone in chat telling you who to pick/ criticizing who you picked. No one on the mic telling you to do obvious shit like "get on the point", thanks Captain I had no idea I should be doing that. 100% back to having fun. I should have done this ages ago. #partoftheproblem

av2k

I've dropped to 41 after being 57 so needless to say I give zero fucks anymore. Turned off chat and I pick whoever I want no matter the circumstances or team comp. I'm having a blast! Noone in chat telling you who to pick/ criticizing who you picked. No one on the mic telling you to do obvious shit like "get on the point", thanks Captain I had no idea I should be doing that. 100% back to having fun. I should have done this ages ago. #partoftheproblem

I went from 55 -> 46 -> 51, it's pretty tough to solo queue. T_T

xaosslug

I found Attack Torb to work out well when paired with a Reinhardt that can shield him while he builds his turret.

or Mei... she puts up a wall, you build your turret behind it and when it comes down.... surprise! You get a rivet, you get a rivet, you get a rivet! ;D

LiK

Well, this is a panel to talk about her design, creation, story, etc...doesn't necessarily mean we'll have to wait until then to get a reveal, right? Or does it?
i think revealing it at CC makes sense. Lots of attention and get a lot people interested in the panel.

zoukka

Playing Mercy is so ResidentSleeper and easy. Can carry.

So I always wonder how people fail at keeping everyone healed, being glued to one hero when I sit next to you being all critical. Why. You are the sniper of healers.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
That feel when you're busy and you come home and your friends went 10 - 0 in comp without you and are now all 5 ranks higher :(

finalflame

i think revealing it at CC makes sense. Lots of attention and get a lot people interested in the panel.

I feel like people would attend the panel regardless, though. But you're right, revealing there would make a lot of sense..just don't wanna wait 2 weeks =(

zoukka

I wonder how Torbs feel. I cannot remember a match where a Torb did something or won. Such an underpowered character, needs a buff more than lameatta. People just walk towards him and his turret and crush them both.

Son Of D

Had a weird game as Mercy earlier where I had to go offensive because my team kept splitting up. Highlights include taking out a Bastion who didn't realise I was behind him (was in a bad spot for defending a payload), sniped a Hanzo who was up above attacking our Roadhog and also killing a Genji who had activated his ultimate to kill me with a melee strike.

When you get a strong kill streak as Mercy something doesn't seem right.

Well, this is a panel to talk about her design, creation, story, etc...doesn't necessarily mean we'll have to wait until then to get a reveal, right? Or does it?

We might get an announcement beforehand and this could be a more in-depth look at her plus her role in the story.

LiK

I feel like people would attend the panel regardless, though. But you're right, revealing there would make a lot of sense..just don't wanna wait 2 weeks =(

2 weeks doesn't feel so far off now that I think about it. But I guess we'll see. Maybe they will just tease some more on Twitter.

caesar

Banned
Uh, six games in a row lost and 5 ranks. Fuck solo queue, teammates in every match literally taking no initiative at all. The clock is counting down from 5, yet the junkrat just wants to stand on highground instead of getting on the fucking objective. PJSalt.

Azoor

Playing Mercy is so ResidentSleeper and easy. Can carry.

So I always wonder how people fail at keeping everyone healed, being glued to one hero when I sit next to you being all critical. Why. You are the sniper of healers.

Sometimes people tend to do the TF2 medic thing and stick to one character, and they even sometimes forget that they can glide to other characters.

Lucario

The rank 50-60's are full of utter shit players. I can't even imagine what it's like below that. Like holy fuck, some of these shitters, it would be an achievement if they could tie their shoelaces. I'm never ever solo queuing placements again and I'm waiting a few days for any bugs.

It's real bad. I'm rank 44, and am definitely not good at the game, but it's frustrating as hell to be matched with the following:

-A team comp of Hanzo/Bastion/Torb/?/Reaper. I chose Lucio and asked if anyone could switch to tank, but the only response was "go fuck yourself."

-Two insta-lock Torbjorn on offense. One of them switched... to a sniper.

-Leavers. Way too many. Even when we have a good chance of winning, if there's a setback, someone is probably going to leave.

-Hanzo.

-A very strong match that ended with two teammates picking Torbjorn and Symmetra on sudden death offense. They both refused to switch, and we never made it to the point.

This is more or less my first FPS, so my win % was in the 30s when I started. I am much better at the game now, but I have no idea how to crawl out of this queue :|

X-Frame

I feel like I don't want to play Competitive until the leaver penalties are addressed, especially when it's the opposing team who was losing. Takes the wind out of my sails when it happens multiple times, then lose some full games and there is a net loss of skill rating.

Worked up from 48 to 56 and don't want to drop back down.

finalflame

It's real bad. I'm rank 44, and am definitely not good at the game, but it's frustrating as hell to be matched with the following:

-A team comp of Hanzo/Bastion/Torb/?/Reaper. I chose Lucio and asked if anyone could switch to tank, but the only response was "go fuck yourself."

-Two insta-lock Torbjorn on offense. One of them switched... to a sniper.

-Leavers. Way too many. Even when we have a good chance of winning, if there's a setback, someone is probably going to leave.

-Hanzo.

-A very strong match that ended with two teammates picking Torbjorn and Symmetra on sudden death offense. They both refused to switch, and we never made it to the point.

This is more or less my first FPS, so my win % was in the 30s when I started. I am much better at the game now, but I have no idea how to crawl out of this queue :|

I love Hanzo has no qualifiers. Pretty much. When someone picks Hanzo I just start to realize there's a 90% chance I am either going to have to carry or if I can't we're going down in flames.

benzopil

Guys, I need your help with voice chat on PS4. I don't understand why it doesn't work for me.

I turned it on in settings. I disabled group chat and set team chat to auto-join. Sometimes it says that I joined team chat, sometimes it doesn't, but that's whatever.

When it says that I joined, I see that 0 people are in voice chat, and when I talk, I don't see my icon in top left corner. I go to "social" in menu (I don't know how it's called in English version, but hope you understand) and team chat is selected. WTF am I doing wrong? Maybe something's wrong with my headset? It works fine when I'm in a party chat on PS4 for example.

Please help me, I want to talk to people.

mstevens

Man.. I took a break from this game for awhile, but decided to come back to try and finish up the platinum by getting to level 50 (was level 34). After around 300 (which is a pretty big sample size) games I was exactly at .500 win percentage. Over the past 42 games I've gone 12-30. I honestly don't usually mind losing, but at this point its just getting ridiculous.

It seems like the closer I get to level 50 the more things are grinding to a halt. I'm so tired of people afking, not stepping two feet forward to reactive the overtime bar, etc. Last game I was running back after dying and the enemy somehow took the point, even though all 5 other players were alive and fighting.

I know that competitive comes with it's own problems, but I think I'm just ready for a break. Apologies for the rant. I'm not a voice chatter and I don't go and yell at people for doing the wrong thing, it's just disheartening to watch happen game after game. It really is a great game, though... just, ugh at some of these people.

Zemm

My annoyance mainly comes from people chasing after a Tracer or Genji, like 3 people feel they have to chase this character all the way back to our own spawn instead of making them come to you by moving to the objective. It was literally me on Zarya/Roadhog and a Mercy that was even close to the objective because these clowns were constantly distracted. Just really dumb play.

exYle

I wish they would release like 3 new characters at once. We're about to get Sombra stacks the first week because everyone wants to play her.

Blizz has said that when they released Genji, D.Va, and Mei all at once the meta was absolutely destroyed for a while. The plan is to release a hero one at a time, wait for the game to stabilize around them, then release another.

Envyus has so many good players, especially Tailspin, holy crap, his Pharah is absolutely unreal. I feel bad for the team they are playing right now, envy is dominating them.

LOL, 1:35 hanamura by Envyus, wow.

What is the probability that Sombra will be released after Season 1 is over? I would think they would not want to release a new character in the middle of their first season that may or may not break the game from a balance perspective.

Sapientas

Seriously this leaver penalty on the other team's points really needs to be changed. Just won 3 ranked matches on a row and all of them had players leaving after they realized they were going to lose and for that our team gets almost zero points.

I understand what they are going for, but right now it's badly implemented. At rank 55 and I'm pretty sure it's worse at lower ranks.

Zemm

What is the probability that Sombra will be released after Season 1 is over? I would think they would not want to release a new character in the middle of their first season that may or may not break the game from a balance perspective.

This season is a beta anyway so may as well release her when she's done

Prelude.

They can just lock her out of the first season so that people can have enough time to get used to her.

finalflame

Found the attack Hanzo/Torb/Widow.

Gator86

Yeah, if I dropped below 50, I'd probably just quit. I have no clue how people are playing down in the 30s.

abundant

Yeah, if I dropped below 50, I'd probably just quit. I have no clue how people are playing down in the 30s.

Honestly, I don't know how anyone can play ranked solo. So far my experience with solo has either been:

- placed on a bad team, in which case we get stomped
- placed on a good team, in which case the other team has a rage quitter.

mbpm1

I wish they would release like 3 new characters at once. We're about to get Sombra stacks the first week because everyone wants to play her.

I'll be the 4th Sombra in Quick Play

Whatever happens the sheer volume of players will guarantee memes will fly as well

They are, but you need to know when to pick them and how to play them.

The thing about Snipers is they don't realize when they need to switch.

They figure they aren't dying, so they must not be the problem. But what they don't think about is that they aren't killing, or at least aren't killing at a speed fast enough to actually help the team.

Sure, you may not be dying as Widowmaker or Hanzo, but maybe you could actually get more kills and faster as another class that would result in a victory for your whole team or something.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
After half-maining Zarya and half-maining Genji, I have gone all in on the Genji train. Dude is hard to play, but when you start getting good with him, it makes it all worth it. He's one of the few characters that can literally put down 4-5 players in a SNAP, on his own, and require a bunch of skill in the process which makes you feel like a total badass.

However, he's super easy to play like shit and just drag your whole team down by being basically -1 member. There's also variations to his playstyle depending on skill level i.e. Rambo style if you're in the Shadder2k/Seagull level or the more "ninja" style of throwing shurikens/harass, being the finisher for weak targets, and then flank-rambo with your sword. I'm playing more like the latter than the former and my game has improved greatly.

Zarya is totally sweet though and who I play when we need a tank.

Kasei

Encountered an awful bug in quick play tonight. Friend was playing Reinhardt and died as the payload on Dorado was moving to the penultimate capture area. The precise moment it was captured his respawn timer ticked over to zero.

But he didn't respawn. They were stuck on a black screen for the duration of the match with no way to resolve it. When I pressed tab to check the team composition his character was displayed as being dead.

Happened to anyone else?

abundant

Encountered an awful bug in quick play tonight. Friend was playing Reinhardt and died as the payload on Dorado was moving to the penultimate capture area. The precise moment it was captured his respawn timer ticked over to zero.

But he didn't respawn. They were stuck on a black screen for the duration of the match with no way to resolve it. When I pressed tab to check the team composition his character was displayed as being dead.

Happened to anyone else?

Happened to me once, but it was because my internet was bad that night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom