• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
I imagine it may be quite hard to coordinate, but shouldn't 2 Mei's shut down a full D.Va stall?

The problem here is the dvas are defense and reacting to the near overtime, the attacking team can't back off and swap to double mei without a long run back, and the stall is just to stagger their point cap.

It's kinda similar to why the overtime coinflip is so favored for attackers. They can react to the defense team and have the freedom to change and counter it, win one team fight and win the game.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
This Bastion strat is pretty sick though, no lie. It's the kind of thing I've been waiting for in Overwatch, instead of just teams spamming balanced lineups.

Nepal Shrine is, unfortunately, very bad for Bastion. Sanctum and Village are okay.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Man I hope there's an archive of it when I'm done with work. I'd guess bastion would be pretty viable against double winstons.

But yeah, I really hope blizzard change the ruleset because longass overtime and hero stacking is just not fun to watch.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Man I hope there's an archive of it when I'm done with work. I'd guess bastion would be pretty viable against double winstons.

But yeah, I really hope blizzard change the ruleset because longass overtime and hero stacking is just not fun to watch.

You'll be able to watch the VOD on their Twitch channel.

lol entered a game in progress on King's row and it was just two people on the team arguing. one was mei the other was torb. mei was griefing and block torb's turrent. and they were just going at it in chat lol. terrible

Antiwhippy

lol entered a game in progress on King's row and it was just two people on the team arguing. one was mei the other was torb. mei was griefing and block torb's turrent. and they were just going at it in chat lol. terrible

Torb really needs to learn to back off on her little robot.

Ayumi

Is it just me or climbing ranks has become much easier now? Went from 49 to 53 then to 57, nearly 58 in 2 consecutive ranked sessions. The average rank seems to have gone up? I see a lot more people on my flist with ranks 60-70, which I thought would only be obtainable by tournament/pro players :S
My friends who have high ranks all said that the 50s and 60s are much easier to level ranks in.

Prelude.

I also noticed it seems kinda easier to go up now. It took me three losses in a row to drop 1 level but when I was winning I was going up 1 whole level.

LiK

Played QP and had randoms choose two Zenyattas and in another match, two Tracers and they were horrible,

Pooya

this match is incredible but overwatch really can use some decent casters, like what is this garbage? every caster I've seen is awful.

mikeGFG

Banned
Wait until you get a 50 minute match on Volskaya

dude what. That is not ok.

If the goal of competitive is to match you with similarly skilled players, then as an individual or party approaches their appropriate bracket/rank then more stalemates are bound to happen. If that turns out to be the case, then I feel that competitive mode could really compromise the feedback loop that makes playing Overwatch for an hour or more a fun experience.

I guess time will tell.

Antiwhippy

2CP in ranked is just a garbage design. I don't mind 2cp in quick play but being able to spend upwards to an hour on just 1 freaking map is terrible.

Is it just me or climbing ranks has become much easier now? Went from 49 to 53 then to 57, nearly 58 in 2 consecutive ranked sessions. The average rank seems to have gone up? I see a lot more people on my flist with ranks 60-70, which I thought would only be obtainable by tournament/pro players :S
My suspicion is they've made it slightly viable to grind, just so people feel like there's some measure of progress if they put the hours in. Just, like, a tiny tweak to how much you gain on average versus how much you lose.

Gator86

Even in the mid 60s, people are still kind of trash at this game. At that rank, they're familiar with the basics of what characters do and team comps, but you still may as well sit a toddler down in front of controller and play with them. Just lost a close match only to see I did 31% of the team's damage. How is that possible? R2 is shoot, guys.

Also, seeing Symmetra as a sudden death attacker feels like an instant loss. Having to deal with her stupid little turrets and inevitable teleporter right before time expiration just feels terrible.

That's just relative to your own team though. Doesn't really mean much.

I don't know. I think it's a good indicator that I'm being matched up poorly. If I'm often the top player but my team is constantly losing, it's hard not to feel forced down my team.

36% win rate. I'd get it if I was playing badly.

Sorral

Placement matches were exhausting. So much work put in and I ended up winning just 3 times out of 10. Most randoms don't want to switch or full time hanzo/widow and do crap throughout the match. I had one hanzo blame us for losing and he said he did so much work at 40 Elim when I had 61 as Zarya.

All this work when I bothered to take a screenshot while also getting steamrolled in some a couple of those matches and what I get is rank 43. I don't know why I even bothered tbh.

/rant off.

Zemm

dude what. That is not ok.

If the goal of competitive is to match you with similarly skilled players, then as an individual or party approaches their appropriate bracket/rank then more stalemates are bound to happen. If that turns out to be the case, then I feel that competitive mode could really compromise the feedback loop that makes playing Overwatch for an hour or more a fun experience.

I guess time will tell.

It's a horrible system and the system they've outlined for season 2 isn't any better. For some reason Blizzard are being incredibly stubborn about changing to a stopwatch mode instead, maybe because they want to try and differentiate themselves from other, similar games, but by doing so they make their game worse than what it should be.

Antiwhippy

It's a horrible system and the system they've outlined for season 2 isn't any better. For some reason Blizzard are being incredibly stubborn about changing to a stopwatch mode instead, maybe because they want to try and differentiate themselves from other, similar games, but by doing so they make their game worse than what it should be.

What did they outline?

BadRNG

God if every pug Hanzo was half as good as these guys, I really would need one every game.

this match is incredible but overwatch really can use some decent casters, like what is this garbage? every caster I've seen is awful.
You don't like 5m discussion about pooping?

Haly

Time bank would be more bearable if rounds cycled faster. A big problem is that the time it takes for a side swap and a new round to start is sometimes as long as the round itself. All that nonsense with animations and pre-game and whatnot really pad the match way more than it needs to be.

Codeblew

A hard fought victory only to see a gain like this makes me want to turn the disc into a fucking frisbee. I've won more games than I've lost today and I've dropped 2 ranks.

That just happen? Blizzard posted it was fixed now but others are saying it is not.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
It's fine.

These guys let themselves get stressed out over a fucking videogame ranking. If you want better balanced team comps and people who communicate, Ranked is the best way to play. People are guaranteed to be trying to win there, and are more likely to do fundamental things like fill role needs and switch when they aren't being effective. If you just want to bullshit and play heroes you want to get better at, play QP.
YMMV

Had the longest fucking competitive KOTH match ever. Sat at 99 to 99 in OT for like 5-10 mins on two capture points. Ended up doing more than 30,000 healing as Lucio just because of the length of the match.

Sucks to play for that long and still lose.

Finally did win a competitive match outside of my placements though which was a huge relief.

BadRNG

This LG vs Nubris match has gone on forever, what the hell is this system they're using?
Best of 5, but no stop watch and no hero limit. So if both teams cap after 5 years of tracers it is just a tie and they go another match.

The teams are taking forever inbetween matches to choose/get ready too.

LiK

Practicing as Reinhardt in QP. I keep almost getting that trophy but some fucker blocks me from ramming the guy for it, ugh

Codeblew

Yeah, just finished that game 10 minutes ago. It's infuriating. I lose half a rank when I lose and that's all I get when I win.

Trust me, I feel you. I went from 44 down to 40 on the 4th of July because I always had leavers on my wins and losses. How are you supposed to rank up with that? I am waiting until it is confirmed fixed on PS4 before playing ranked again. I know I am not good at the game but I am not that bad.

Haly

Fortunately Blizzard still has like, 2 months left to change their mind because ESL shows this hero spamming thing is just not working out.

And they want to buff Dva too!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom