• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Fortunately Blizzard still has like, 2 months left to change their mind because ESL shows this hero spamming thing is just not working out.

And they want to buff Dva too!

I mean overextending ot is not something you design around a character, and that seems to be all she's used for.

If they want hero stacking, they need to change how overtime works.

Do something like need at least half the team on the point to trigger the timer reset instead of just one person. It's not really a contention when it's one person. Thats a stall to a contention.

Zemm

That D'Va strat is one of the worst things I've seen possible in a competitive game but is also completely hilarious at the same time, haha

Ferrio

Banned
If they want hero stacking, they need to change how overtime works.

Do something like need at least half the team on the point to trigger the timer reset instead of just one person. It's not really a contention when it's one person. Thats a stall to a contention.

Which is a valid tactic. If a single person can stay alive while the whole other team fails to kill them then they fucked up.

IMO Overtime should basically be everyone who's left alive after the time limit is over gets that one life to cap point/push payload or defend said cap/push once you died that's it. If you're dead when overtime starts you sit at the respawn screen.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
That D'Va strat is one of the worst things I've seen possible in a competitive game but is also completely hilarious at the same time, haha
Last night in quick play with a friend we faced 4 d.va's(eventually whittled to 2) while we Defended Hanamura and they captured the first point so I turned to Bastion and shredded them down on the 2nd, it was fun lol.

Zemm

What even is going on with this match?
1x

Last night in quick play with a friend we faced 4 d.va's(eventually whittled to 2) while we Defended Hanamura and they captured the first point so I turned to Bastion and shredded them down on the 2nd, it was fun lol.

Yep Nubris switching to Bastion won them that map

Antiwhippy

IMO Overtime should basically be everyone who's left alive after the time limit is over gets that one life to cap point/push payload or defend said cap/push once you died that's it. If you're dead when overtime starts you sit at the respawn screen.

I kind of liked the longer OT but it pauses and doesn't reset idea someone posted.

recks

The bonus time and sudden death are so much bs on double cap, if you're going to give extra time give it to both teams ffs

Crzy1

Wow, lost 4 of 4 comp matches that I've played, none of them even kind of close except one. Guess I'm getting payback for having some alright teams yesterday. Going to quick play for a while, I guess.

Sorral

Playing Quickplay again and I'm not getting annoyed at all in Quickplay now after trying Ranked.

Whatever these randoms do, no matter how bad, I am not bothered by it.

aeolist

Banned
i haven't watched a ton of pro games but it looks like surefour, gods, seagull, talespin, taimou, and iddqd are the top dps players in the game

BadRNG

damn, Seagull reading Budz like a book. Must be them TF2 creds kicking in.
The air shots were impressive, but the PoTM where he sees Budz ult so he drops down - Budz aims down, but Seagull already has rocketed back up on other side and shoots him before Budz can readjust the ult's aim was just incredible.

Was great series. LG needs to work on their president assassination skills though, Bastion just rocked them two separate games. It's surprising they don't have a counter in mind considering they run bastion protection comps sometimes too.

Did LG win, or are they still going?
They finally won. Series only took 3 hours.

Liquid and C9 are up next, those poor casters.

Is there any footage of any ESL teams hero stacking and winning? Cause I definitely haven't seen any of it even though people keep saying it's happening.

Chance

Mei finally clicked with me tonight. Got PotG twice in a row on a Hanamura defense and then a Route 66 attack.

And it's like,

Hey, Girl. I love the way you freeze Lucio and then shoot him in the head with a giant ice shard.

Is there any footage of any ESL teams hero stacking and winning? Cause I definitely haven't seen any of it even though people keep saying it's happening.

The team playing against Luminosity cheesed A on Hanamura by playing 5 DVa and 1 Lucio. It's totally legit, and I don't even have problem with hero stacking, it's just Overtime needs work in one way or another, whether it is with hero stacking, the timing, or a combination of it.

Beepos

Start at rank 50 on PC, lost down to 47, back up to 49... this is going to be fun as a solo player.

What's the max number of team mates you can match with in rank? because maybe I should stop the solo queue and try to find some similar players who want to win with more advanced teamwork you see in quickplay.

Also just to vent - sudden death on attack / defend payload maps is such bullshit.

The amount of times both teams won their defense and lost attack, get to sudden death and then have a coin toss determine who will be able to ice the defense after like 40 mins just drives me insane.

Make sudden death KOTH dammit - because attack / defense starting positions are not balanced 1:1 and having under 2 minutes to coordinate in sudden death is not balanced to those attacking imo.

Antiwhippy

Really? Attack is favoured on sudden death because the spawn points give you enough time to react and counterpick the defense team whilst the same can't be said for defense. The only map this doesn't hold true on is numbani.

LiK

Enemy team stacks Torbs and Bastions in Hanamura in Comp for sudden death to win the game. My group never gets defend after coin toss. So fucking lame.

Codeblew

Blizzard says they fixed the winning with leavers on the opposite team issue:

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20745727098

Some people are still reporting it is not working. I am still staying out of ranked until someone confirms they get full rank when salty opponents leave in the last minute.

Welp. Not fixed. http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20745646508

We made a change earlier today that was intended to address this. (You can read more about that change here).

Since we're still seeing posts like yours, though, we're following up and investigating further. The ultimate goal is to make it so that, if a player leaves mid-match, it won't affect how Skill Rating is adjusted at the end of a match.

Sorry for the delay! And thanks so much for the report.

Korosenai

What is a good average rank after placement games? Just went 6-4 and got rank 57. Just want to know where I'm at and if that's good or bad.

Fugu

Why would the game match me against two groups while my team has no groups?
Why would I then receive a massive penalty for losing in a very predictable slobberknocker?

My playtime and enthusiasm are decreasing by the day.

What is a good average rank after placement games? Just went 6-4 and got rank 57. Just want to know where I'm at and if that's good or bad.

Is this a new way to stealth brag about your ranking? I'm seeing alot of newer posters posting their above average placement ranks.

Korosenai

Is this a new way to stealth brag about your ranking? I'm seeing alot of newer posters posting their above average placement ranks.
I've literally only played the game for about 20 hours so I had no idea, I haven't kept up at all with ranked. I just wanted to know what the average was and where I stacked up.

psyfi

Banned
I remember people mentioning Overbuff.com was having issues and wasn't reflecting accurate info. Is that still true?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom