• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDug13

In my experience she dies too quickly unless she's paired up in very specific combinations. And even then it is usually better to have a healer that can heal the whole team quickly rather than just one person. Mercy's main benefit is reviving people but that mechanic usually results in getting revived surrounded by enemy players and getting killed instantly. And since Mercy becomes totally immobile when doing it she usually dies instantly too. It's a mess.

You're supposed to have BOTH Mercy and Lucio. Mercy is the very best at focus healing. As Lucio, it takes me 15 seconds to heal 270 damage adding amp it up healing and cool down times. That's an eternity to heal only half of Reinhardt's hit points. Mercy gets him from zero to full in 10 seconds. The idea that all you need is a single Lucio is rooted in casual play by people who simply don't want to play support classes. Almost every pro team comp has both. If you're not really playing many tanks (or your tanks are Roadhog/Zarya) and that Lucio is really good at not dying, then he works fine alone, but that Rez is also completely game changer and not having it on your team facing off against a team that does have both sound barrier and Rez can make it difficult for your team to win and puts yourself at a disadvantage.

Lucio is a great bard class that wins overall healing numbers because his 1/4 mercy strength heal is hitting up to 6 people and every team still needs him, but he cannot outpace damage to a single target like Mercy can or amplify ult damage or revive. And if he falls, the team has nothing to back it up. Mercy is not a great replacement for Lucio though so I'll agree with that. He's just so much better at surviving. If you must have only one healing class, Lucio is a better choice. But why only one support?

Double Lucio has also now become a solid choice and that helps healing with an additional 120 hps every 15 seconds (they don't stack heals but each can amp it up separately). Double sound barriers can help tank more ults so you don't need a rez. Lucio is just so damn hard to kill.

Tracer is one of my favorite heroes to play. She can do a surprising amount of damage from medium range (assuming you know how to land head shots).

She's amazing in open areas, but inside enclosed spaces I still don't have any difficulty handling others (even if it's a Reaper, Roadhog, Junkrat, etc.).

The only people who occasionally cause trouble are Winston and Symmetra, and even then as long as I'm smart about the situation I can kill them both relatively quickly before they cause me harm.

Anyone else who can kill me in one shot, I make sure they don't land that precious shot.

The biggest tip that I have is to not be the unaware tracer that blinks backwards into a corner, or recalls back towards the enemy (unless completely necessary and you have no chance of escaping to get health)/pulse bomb, and generally loses their cool when under pressure.

Lokbob

They should really do something about Hanzo's scatter arrow, shooting that thing in close range at your enemies feet for 375 damage doesn't seem like something Blizzard had in mind for this ability. Just melts tanks away in an instant.

Kurumi

I want to play Overwatch so bad but my PC needs to be fixed.....

giphy.gif

I want to play Overwatch so bad but my PC needs to be fixed.....

giphy.gif

Hopefully you're stronger than I was. When my PC was in the shop, I actually double-dipped this game on PS4 because I needed my fix that badly. And because the brawl was the random hero mode and I didn't want to miss out on it before it went away.

Kurumi

Hopefully you're stronger than I was. When my PC was in the shop, I actually double-dipped this game on PS4 because I needed my fix that badly. And because the brawl was the random hero mode and I didn't want to miss out on it before it went away.

If I had money to burn I probably would have lol. But I have to buy a new hard drive for my PC. Hopefully that's all I'll need. Thank god I have a friend who knows how to fix PCS and doesn't charge me for it.

Interfectum

Had a guy in ranked pick Lucio long after I had already picked him. I asked the guy in voice chat if he wanted to be Lucio and if so I'd change over. No response but he was jumping around and emoting over and over again. In my mind I was thinking "Hanzo player." Wouldn't you know he flipped over to fucking Hanzo at the start of the game. lol

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Hanzo, Hanzo, Widow, Torb attacking on Numbani for me earlier.

Unsurprisingly, we didn't make it.

We actually won. No healers for the first round too.

Only once I switched to soldier because playing as rein in that team was getting me nowhere and I can at least heal people, which pretty much got us the first round and torb's turret was mildly useful once it's on a payload. Then played mercy and basically damage boost this soldier and junkrat all match without the other team seemingly able to take them down.

I don't know if I should be relieved or feel bad for the other team.

The kicker is that torb player didn't even play torb on defense for numbani!

This fucking game man.

jotun?

I do wish there was a way to choose game mode, or at least strike one from the selection. I generally dislike the KotH maps, and I really don't want to play two or three of them in a row.

Apathy

They should really do something about Hanzo's scatter arrow, shooting that thing in close range at your enemies feet for 375 damage doesn't seem like something Blizzard had in mind for this ability. Just melts tanks away in an instant.

The problem is that there was a beta patch that turned it into a set pattern so when shot at the feet the scatter is always the same and will hit players. It's stupid that you can one shot people by aiming in front of their feet every 10 seconds. Scatter arrows should be random or at least have several patterns it can be.

Has anyone else had a 2 second delay from their kill cam/play of the game clilps since the last patch on PS4?

When I die I see a black screen for about 2 seconds before it shows me whatever, and the clip usually ends about 2 seconds shy from whatever it was trying to show me.

So right now, my kill cam is more like a "You're about to be killed cam"

It's really odd, and since it's on PS4, I'm not even sure how to go about fixing it.

Has anyone else had a 2 second delay from their kill cam/play of the game clilps since the last patch on PS4?

When I die I see a black screen for about 2 seconds before it shows me whatever, and the clip usually ends about 2 seconds shy from whatever it was trying to show me.

It's really odd, and since it's on PS4, I'm not even sure how to go about fixing it.

I've been experiencing the same thing, and it's kind of annoying (especially in situations where the knowledge can prove useful).

Chance

Actually yes on PS4... But it went away and my kill cams have been normal for the last few days.

Yeah ps4 had kill cam,potg,texture pop in,character select problems since the patch blizzard said on the forums they are aware and fixing it

Yeah, I've had the same problem on PS4, I'm probably gonna turn the killcams off until they fix it.

Davidion

Hanzo and torb on attack in numbani in ranked.

Pray for me.

Had a bastion with an hanzo yesterday attacking King's row. Went something like:

*sees bastion silhouette run to an alley facing opponents, transform. 3, 2, 1, dead*

*cries*

That we even made it to the last point before failing is a wonder.

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
man, fuck Roadhog. even when you use Genji's Ult, it takes too many slashes to take him down.

5 of them as long as he's not healing, if he's healing, like 7-8 aka...

never use your ULT on a full health roadhog, he'll kill you before you kill him.

If a Genji ult goes after me as Roadhog and I miss my hook on him, I'll usually just start using my heal so that he has to hit me more, leading to him wasting his ult on me.

Roadhog is a big no no for Genji, avoid at all costs if he's at full health. Although he's good ult fodder.

Nazo

R3 would work better for reflect I think. I haven't used him much but it seems like a fine place as all it needs a light push without moving your thumb away.

I hadn't considered that. It makes a lot of sense, I'll definitely give it a try and moving melee to X/A instead will probably be more advantageous since it doesn't require that much aim to use effectively.

I really appreciate the input!

pelicansurf

Needs a Holiday on Gallifrey
So there's the argument, who is the best flanker/harasser/assassin?

It's Tracer, by far. I am a Genji main, but only a Tracer can routinely harass and wipe an enemy team on her own with a zero ult requirement, especially if they trickle out. She can heal up and go back to safety if things get rough for an easy reset.

A good tracer can harass and dismantle pretty much all the tanks except for DVA, all supports, most offense, and most defense. She is gross.

If a Genji ult goes after me as Roadhog and I miss my hook on him, I'll usually just start using my heal so that he has to hit me more, leading to him wasting his ult on me.

Roadhog is a big no no for Genji, avoid at all costs if he's at full health. Although he's good ult fodder.
I love when Roadhog uses his heal. I just skip around him RMBing like crazy. Free ult charge!

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Just checked and I have a 60% winrate and have lost 6 ranks haha

meshwork

Spotted from reddit: leaked thumbnail from a Chinese OW youku video from here. The thumbnail has since been changed. Apparently the video is locked until 1 am GMT+8 time, so should unlock in about 1,5 hours by that logic.

S9K49e3.jpg

You ready to get HYPED!?

Kouichi

Spotted from reddit: leaked thumbnail from a Chinese OW youku video from here. The thumbnail has since been changed. Apparently the video is locked until 1 am GMT+8 time, so should unlock in about 1,5 hours by that logic.

S9K49e3.jpg

You ready to get HYPED!?

Yesssssssssss

So hyped right now

S9K49e3.jpg

You ready to get HYPED!?

I wonder what her weapon does differently to separate her from Hanzo and Widow (in terms of offensive capabilities).

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Somehow got grouped into a match full of people around rank 20-30.

Watching their playstyles was... interesting. To say the least.

I won it as widowmaker which says something, because I'm a terrible widowmaker.

Also I feel like karma was getting back at me for winning a numbani match with attack hanzo and torb by making me lose a match with hanzo and widow attacking anubis. T_T

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom