• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Owzers

Another character with bias against people who can't aim. They need to make another turret character. :/

I have the heart of a Hanzo but the aim of a Winston.

Another character with bias against people who can't aim. They need to make another turret character. :/

I have the heart of a Hanzo but the aim of a Winston.

which i think is good because if you can't aim then she's useless. but bad because it means we'll get players who will pick her and can't aim for shit. #RIP

Nazo

Ana looks awesome! Can't wait to give her a try.

Though it makes me wonder...then who the hell is Sombra!?

Edit: Also, I'm really excited for all the try hard snipers who'll never heal their team when playing her.

TheYanger

"D.Va's Defense Field, instead of clicking it and it lasting three or four seconds and having a long cooldown, it's now something where you can toggle it on and off and there's a meter that runs that."

I'm excited

Is her sleep thing just an ability or her ult? Another stun state is kinda annoying tbh.

It's her shift

So it seems like sleep is a mini Earthshatter, I dig it. Heal teammates and damage enemies, I dig it. An Ult that gives one teammate a damage AND speed boost. Genji OP. Roadhog OP. I dig it.

Prelude.

Just because she took the callsign/alias of Sombra doesn't mean she is Mexican only that she was operating there and when locals/whoever called her Sombra (or "shadow" in their language) it stuck. Soldier 76 operated in Dorado (as shown in his short) and he's not Mexican. Also, he has a file in the level where he is called Soldado: 76 (along side a Jack Morrison one) and we know he's Jack Morrison and not some Mexican guy.
Soldier: 76 only happened to be in Mexico in that short, he operates all around the world.

And that's not how the maps are set up so far, if they're referencing a hero a lot (so excluding sporadic one-off like D.Va's poster on Hanamura), it's because that's their homeland.

Edit: Guess I was right, heh.

Being able to stop enemies from receiving healing is gonna be HUGE, I feel. VERY hard counter to someone like Roadhog, ruins most non-Zarya tanks' day.

Her Ultimate is one of two things, I believe. Either a healing boost or a damage boost (what we see with Reinhart).

Maybe it's both at the same time?

Going off of the article, it's a speed and damage boost.

SnakeXs

about the same metal capacity as a cucumber
So much good news.

Zen getting a health/shield buff.

D.va's defense matrix changing from a blow your load at once to a feather and toggle on and off function is suuuuper interesting. Endlessly blocking Junket grenades, maybe?

And Ana. Between it being correct that Ana =/= Sombra, her look, her origins video, her skills. Huge. Can't wait.

Rad-

Ana's primary weapon is her Biotic Rifle. The gun fires long-range darts that heal her allies and deal damage to her foes. She's also equipped with a Biotic Grenade. As seen in her debut gameplay video above, Ana's Biotic Grenade, like her rifle, heals teammates and damages enemies caught in its small area of effect. For a brief period, the grenade also boosts all incoming healing for allies and prevents enemies from being healed — bad news for opposing Roadhog and Soldier: 76 players.

She'll also be armed with a Sleep Dart, which can knock enemies unconscious for a brief period. As seen in the above, expect many an ultimate ability to be summarily shut down by quick-thinking Ana players.

Ana's own ultimate, Nano Boost, sees her fire a dart at an ally and grant them faster movement, increased damage and improved resistance to incoming attacks.

She sounds stronk.

Owzers

no more hero stacking in comp mode.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ov...-character-/1100-6441726/?ftag=GSS-05-10aaa0b

zenyatta gets a buff.

"Zenyatta is getting a little more shields, and he goes a lot faster when he uses his Ultimate."

d.va

"D.Va's Defense Field, instead of clicking it and it lasting three or four seconds and having a long cooldown, it's now something where you can toggle it on and off and there's a meter that runs that."

This is all great stuff, winky faces for everyone.

Zomba13

Soldier: 76 only happened to be in Mexico in that short, he operates all around the world.

And that's not how the maps are set up so far, if they're referencing a hero a lot (so excluding sporadic one-off like D.Va's poster on Hanamura), it's because that's their homeland.

Edit: Guess I was right, heh.

Umm. No? Watch the trailer of her gameplay reveal, then look at the photos we have of Sombra (well, the file photo). It's the same except Sombra has the mask on it.

Do you think Blizz will have two different characters with the same silhouette and class (sniper) but different uses?

YUjkPFe.png

So is Torbjorn and Mercy the canon ship or what? All evidence, especially the Halloween photo and the picture in the Ana trailer is pointing that way. Pharmercy must be super dead considering in hinges on Mercy falling for someone she met as a child.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
wait what

can someone transcribe?

They are buffing her, she can ult while moving instead of standing still, but they are nerfing her ult build up rate which is totally understandable, they are increasing the damage boost on her right click.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
1 hero limit will make me go back to the game

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I don't play competitive much but why does everyone hate hero stacking so much?
When you cap a point on koth the other team can go 5 tracers and start a huge 5 minute cycle of "We cant stop overtime because they jump around"

On payload maps you can go dva on the last point and do the same thing

Its to make overtime less egregious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom