• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT4| You Want A Good Genji, But You Need The Bad Hanzo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Because it allows for extremely cheesy strategies that are absolutely asinine to play against and sometimes straight up broken.

one and done. And even if you CAN get around it, doing so is never fun

I don't play competitive much but why does everyone hate hero stacking so much?

There's always a counter, but it can be frustrating and difficult if your team is not coordinated and it feels "cheap" to the losing side when they are bested by a team of one hero.

Like the Blizzard rep says in the video, they make choices based on what will make the game more fun, so if something is frustrating to a large part of the player base I can see why they'll move to change it.

Because it allows for extremely cheesy strategies that are absolutely asinine to play against and sometimes straight up broken.

Yeah, kind of tired of the Numbani Gorilla Warfare strat.

But all of the update notes make me super happy. Mercy having some more movement and more damage boost with a longer ult chage is cool, Zenny not dying to a wet paper towel is great, D.Va now having a bit more damage tanking if you've got the skill is also great, and Ana is gonna be my new main since I can aim pretty well but hate losing people to them going too far out for me to reach quickly. Sleep and heal cancelling will be great against some of Mercy's more troublesome matchups, so it'll be a good alternative.

Prelude.

Umm. No? Watch the trailer of her gameplay reveal, then look at the photos we have of Sombra (well, the file photo). It's the same except Sombra has the mask on it.

Do you think Blizz will have two different characters with the same silhouette and class (sniper) but different uses?

http://i.imgur.com/hbYEkBl.png[img][/QUOTE]

You don't know if Sombra is a sniper. The only picture of her is the one on the [URL="https://abload.de/img/sombra_who_isqiqhh.jpg"]newspaper[/URL] with a Dorado picture and that has no sniper rifle on it. The picture you linked is found on Route 66 (probably just a tease) and is not linked to the name "Sombra", the Protocol Sombra and the Sombra file are on Dorado.

I can't imagine having to heal Genjis and Tracers who are all over the place with Ana. Wow.

The nice part is you can camp out near a point and support in multiple ways. Sleep people ulting, snap off a few heals, snap off some slightly less damaging snipes, and then boost your tank to the point for the objective. She seems pretty versatile, but with the tradeoff of it being more jack of all trades supporting and you're kind of stuck in one spot while doing so.

GAF, I can't keep up with these announcements. When will these changes + Ana be on the PTR?

Today, supposedly. Well Ana at least. Not sure if everything else is out too.

LiK

Changes to Zen seem kinda lame, tbh. hope more shields help but I would've liked if his base speed was faster and not just during his Ult. dude is slow as shit.

Rad-

Changes to Zen seem kinda lame, tbh. hope more shields help but I would've liked if his base speed was faster and not just during his Ult. dude is slow as shit.

His DPS is already insane though... Even this "small" buff might be too much.

snatched this from gaming side.
b30c283909c5f941ea4fa2aa86aae9bc.png

Where are you guys seeing the changes like Zen?

gamespot article.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ov...-character-/1100-6441726/?ftag=GSS-05-10aaa0b

and they have a video too about the changes coming.

Amzin

I'm actually disappointed in the one hero limit change, because it probably means they aren't going to address the underlying issues of how Overtime works and KOTH layouts, the two areas where hero stacking was actually a real issue. Instead they make a sweeping change across all maps that just doesn't actually address those issues, only makes them less obvious.

Hopefully they'll do a pass on KOTH and Overtime soon but... I dunno.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Time to save up lootboxes, no doubt a bunch of skin drops with a new champ, pls b 2 genji ;_;

I'm actually disappointed in the one hero limit change, because it probably means they aren't going to address the underlying issues of how Overtime works and KOTH layouts, the two areas where hero stacking was actually a real issue. Instead they make a sweeping change across all maps that just doesn't actually address those issues, only makes them less obvious.

Hopefully they'll do a pass on KOTH and Overtime soon but... I dunno.
They have said they're looking at Overtime.

Prelude.

If I had to choose between a speed boost during Zen's ult or during his normal state, I'd probably choose the latter. It's when I'm exposing to the enemy that I need to be less of a sitting duck, not when I'm invincible. I can see the reasoning behind it, but it doesn't seem like the best solution. He's gonna get killed less often but he's still gonna get shot easily.

jotun?

so glad to see more crowd control in the game, finally!
I hope that's sarcastic..? I hate stuns and slows and shit in shooters, and there are already too many

Single hero limit seems a little too restrictive, like it will actually cause problems with people trying to switch heroes around mid-game. Wish they would try out a limit of two first.

I hope that's sarcastic..? I hate stuns and slows and shit in shooters, and there are already too many

Single hero limit seems a little too restrictive, like it will actually cause problems with people trying to switch heroes around mid-game. Wish they would try out a limit of two first.

Yeah, two winston, lucio, and Tracer.
Might as well say gg.

Amzin

They have said they're looking at Overtime.

Wish they had done that first, as that's really the issue.

Yeah, two winston, lucio, and Tracer.
Might as well say gg.

Even the big article that everyone cites showing how big that stacking was said that the problem is Overtime and KOTH, not heroes and hero stacking. Removing stacking just brushes the problem under the rug, it doesn't fix it. And it removes a lot of potential strategic depth from the game in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom