• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

I've been practicing my Tracer thanks to the encouragement of some of you and having fun. Got a triple kill with her ult today which just felt awesome. What's the consensus on using Tracer on defense? I've heard conflicting opinions on this but it seems like it could still be very useful to just be harassing the back lines of their offense.

Blues1990

Cars are instant death, pretty much the same as falling off. You can break Zarya's shields on the car without getting hit though. 80 charge instantly at the start of the match.

Edit: I just noticed that Oasis doesn't use those ships as spawns like other KotH maps.

Also, Genji mains favorite room:
b7Kl929.png

While I know you're joking, it works so well with Genji's Bedouin/Nomad skins. I wish I had some people to play as the female characters (with sitting emotes) to be my personal "Maidens from Mombassa."

T5sgg1D.jpg

Pachimari

Wait, so Oasis is 3 different maps or themes, or 3 points like the other maps? King of the Hill, so kind of a new play variation or mode?

I really need to hit up the PTR today and try out Symmetra and Oasis.

I think two weeks would be a decent length, not too short or too long. One week feels pretty quick, although maybe I only feel that way because of the manner in which I ended last season lol.

Yeah I think two weeks is much better considering they have the hero limit in QP now. The only reason they shortened the inbetween time in the first place was because there weren't any alternatives to hero-stacking QP in the off-season between 1 and 2 and people were complaining. With the introduction of arcade mode, hero limit in QP and off-season comp being a thing (although no XP is stupid), there's plenty to do between comp seasons. I'd rather Blizzard take an extra week or two to work out kinks to SR and ranking than jump right back into a new season without any changes or tweaks.

Watching a little bit of a stream of someone playing on the Oasis maps - I really like the design of all 3 maps. Especially the one that has a lower level that you can drop into from the capture point - it looks really cool and I'm really looking forward to being able to explore all the little nooks and crannies. I think this is going to be my favorite KOTH map for sure.

Prelude.

I was playing Mystery Heroes with Junkrat and I saw a Sombra sleeping so I put a trap on her and killed her when she woke up to being trapped just to pull a spicy meme. That dude got so salty that he and his friend started calling me a "fag" for the rest of that game and the next one.

Blues1990

When I was struggling in 3 VS 3, I kindly asked my teammates what hero I should switch to complement their Genji and Hanzo. One of my teammates kept calling me a "dirty fag of a minority"
(The kicker, is that I'm white)
that couldn't do anything right as Roadhog or Mei. He then asked me to switch to Lucio, so that "he can deport me back to Africa," while the other was speaking in acronyms and was poor with communication.

I wish I can invite more people to group with me, so that I don't have to deal with this sort of dumb assery when flying solo.

When I was struggling in 3 VS 3, I kindly asked my teammates what hero I should switch to complement their Genji and Hanzo. One of my teammates kept calling me a "dirty fag of a minority"
(The kicker, is that I'm white)
that couldn't do anything right as Roadhog or Mei. He then asked me to switch to Lucio, so that "he can deport me back to Africa," while the other was speaking in acronyms and was poor with communication.

I wish I can invite more people to group with me, so that I don't have to deal with this sort of dumb assery when flying solo.

Please tell me you either left or trolled them for the rest of the match.

Blues1990

Please tell me you either left or trolled them for the rest of the match.

I reported the racist after the match was over, but I just sat in the corner saying hello to the enemy team, while the other two did their own thing. The enemy Ana and I had a cool conversation about Hyper Light Drifter, which I'm going to play as soon as I complete Pokemon Moon Version.

\The enemy Ana and I had a cool conversation about Hyper Light Drifter, which I'm going to play as soon as I complete Pokemon Moon Version.

This is the best possible outcome for this story.

Guys I can't figure this out

How the hell do i chat in the main team chat while in a group with my friends

Gotta go into the sound options and turn group chat off, and make sure team chat is set to "On" or "Auto-Join."

Just had a match with a Sombra that was wall hacking on Dorado. First time I saw it so I'm not sure how widely know it is. She was up high in some geometry (third stage of Dorado) that she could shoot out but no one could shoot in since it was a solid wall. Even got the play of the game with her killing most of my team while I desperately try to shoot her.

Should I save the video clip of this or does Blizzard know already?

Edit: Posted video to Blizzard forums. Seems it is known about.

I tried that but it didn't work

I was using PS4 built in chat as well, could that cause issues?

If you're using party chat, then yes, it'll auto mute any in-game chat audio, but there's a setting somewhere to prioritize game chat. Somewhere in the party settings, I think.

Prelude.

The jump pad (I assume there's only one, I didn't find more) is just an elevator, it doesn't really have any other 360 mlg pro l337 use like they kinda implied.

Trickster

wtf is going on with matchmaking? it's is super wonky atm. Just sat in queue for 3½ minute, then i requeued and got a game within 20 seconds.

xaosslug

Guys I can't figure this out

How the hell do i chat in the main team chat while in a group with my friends

Edit: PS4

during a game/match: option button > social > r1 until you get to the screen w/ teams line up, and then highlight/click on 'team' (from 'group') I think.

Apathy

I wonder when the christmas stuff will start. I am close to turning over my level and wondering if i should just stop at 100 till they come out.

I wonder when the christmas stuff will start. I am close to turning over my level and wondering if i should just stop at 100 till they come out.

That wouldn't matter anyway, since you don't reset XP at level 100 anymore. Every level is just 2000 XP less instead.

Nimby

Banned

You don't get reduced amounts of EXP when you prestige anymore.

I hope next week, but who knows.

Plesiades

Greece or Nepal both look way better imo. Oasis is just a bunch of walls with no character to the level whatsoever.

I kinda agree... specially around the point. The areas outside the spawns have much "life", if you will. Maybe the art team is still working on the map, since they are aiming to release it next year.

What the fuck. Maintenance scheduled on PS4 for 9pm EST until 1:30am. What the hell. Usually they don't do maintenance during NA prime time! I have 4 friends and myself ready to go and then bullshit we can't.

What gives?

What the fuck. Maintenance scheduled on PS4 for 9pm EST until 1:30am. What the hell. Usually they don't do maintenance during NA prime time! I have 4 friends and myself ready to go and then bullshit we can't.

What gives?

Probably some sort of issues with the earlier maintenance that forced them to extend it.

Top Bottom