• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Kenai

So seriously guys. Who should I try playing besides Bastion?

As a total newb myself I have been having fun with Mei, Lucio, Pharah and Tracer. Actually most of the Defense characters are fun to me, though I don't really care for Widowmaker.

Apathy

finally broke through hanamura choke and my teams first instinct is to go up the fucking stairs instead of killing the healer. yup, amazing. just leave the mercy alone so she can res

finalflame

I did see it pop up on the Blizzard Store every so-often, but that was when the game just came out.

Yah, after a bit more research it seems Blizzard does not expect to restock them until some time after the holidays. Will keep an eye out as the eBay prices are nuts.

Apathy

Thanks for the suggestions, y'all. I got some experimenting to do.

Yeah, don't be afraid to mess around with the characters on the practice range, just getting used to them and such.

Who knows. Maybe you'll find a new favourite.

Try the mystery hero 6v6 in the arcade.you get small bursts of each hero and it's hwow i found out i wanted to play some other characters

Being between seasons has really brought out the snipers in QP. I've seen an average of 2 per match (on the same team), with the occasional trifecta.

It's madness. I don't understand competitive at all.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Being between seasons has really brought out the snipers in QP. I've seen an average of 2 per match (on the same team), with the occasional trifecta.

It's because they have to suppress their inner sniper in order to win in competitive and they only get to unleash it in QP.

KiraFA37

yea, every game I played last night had a Widow, not any good ones though on the red team though. The junkrats where more annoying though. They where actually "good".

So seriously guys. Who should I try playing besides Bastion?
Teaching yourself at least one character from each category should be a good first goal. It's the type of flexibility you'll need if you don't run with a fixed group. Maybe you can go the vindictive route, and look at who wrecks your Bastions the most, and then look up the counters to those characters.

IceMarker

A girlfriend and I have been playing Overwatch the past few days and we've been losing non-stop for about 14 games in a row now. This is the first time the matchmaker has kicked us and read "Finding a more balanced game". I've never seen this girl very upset at video games and I have now seen that changed. You'd think after so many losses our group MMR would be so far down the toilet I could carry with S:76 or something, which I have come close to considering I've received gold medals for elims, etc.

I think this game may truly have the shittiest quick match MM of all time. I thought solo was bad enough.

EDIT: Now 16, I feel like I should just directly email someone at Blizzard and ask what the fuck is up?

ISOM

A girlfriend and I have been playing Overwatch the past few days and we've been losing non-stop for about 14 games in a row now. This is the first time the matchmaker has kicked us and read "Finding a more balanced game". I've never seen this girl very upset at video games and I have now seen that changed. You'd think after so many losses our group MMR would be so far down the toilet I could carry with S:76 or something, which I have come close to considering I've received gold medals for elims, etc.

I think this game may truly have the shittiest quick match MM of all time. I thought solo was bad enough.

EDIT: Now 16, I feel like I should just directly email someone at Blizzard and ask what the fuck is up?

Try to get better at heroes that can carry. Genji, Tracer, Roadhog and probably D.Va/Zarya can carry teams if you're good enough.

Soldier is good right now but he's not really a hero you can carry with consistently especially with the increased D.Va play.

Rizzi

Always fun getting matched up against a bunch of people in their mid 300's and your team is nothing but low level 20's.

I-hate-u

Reaper is the easiest character in the game imo, even easier than Bastion because Bastion requires some clever strategies on higher level play.

I think there is some skill to know when to, or not to engage with him. The difference between a good or bad reaper usually is the win.

MUnited83

For you.
Reaper is the easiest character in the game imo, even easier than Bastion because Bastion requires some clever strategies on higher level play.

I'd say Soldier 76 is easier. Reaper at least requires decent positioning since it does absolute shit damage if you aren't very close to the enemy.

matmanx1

Well, it turns out I was wrong about everything. I thought Season 3 started last night and I thought Ragnaros was being added to Heroes of the Storm with yesterday's downtime. Nope and nope!

It was actually for the best though as I had very little game time last night because of a late meeting. Tonight's schedule should be more open so maybe I can get some placement matches completed.

Top Bottom