• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Sullichin

Yesterday I had more than one widow who was really good at sniping... but refused to play the objective ever, ever. I know it's about staying back and having a good vantage point but sometimes you have to contest, and it's like they didnt care they were about to lose. Also a widow asking for healing is the most annoying fucking thing ever lol

I really hope the next hero they introduce is one that encourages team play. So many people in quick play want to run off on their own as Sombra/Genji etc

rulerk1

I want a petition to remove her from the game because she's fucking worthless.

I dont get how you can even be that bad or worthless with her. If you cant shoot a target on your own wait for teammates to get in a brawl and kill one of those guys to help. The worst are the Widowmaker with tunnel vision tho. I killed one with Sombra even tho I had to reload to do it and dude didnt care at all.

This one dude left his post on Hanamura to chase me down but kept missing shots on me. Couldnt get the kill as Ana on him but he got the message

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
Yesterday I had more than one widow who was really good at sniping... but refused to play the objective ever, ever. I know it's about staying back and having a good vantage point but sometimes you have to contest, and it's like they didnt care they were about to lose.

I really hope the next hero they introduce is one that encourages team play. So many people in quick play want to run off on their own as Sombra/Genji etc

Even the bad ones do this, which is even worse.

I had played against one that was trying to be like 76. Didn't snipe, kept using the little burst rifle she had.

Kito

I'm going to miss applying shields to earth shattered teammates 1 second before they die when PTR Sym goes live. The thank you followed by the blurghh was hilarious.

I recall a gaffer from OT2 who once played 150hp Zen. Sym wouldn't shield him, so he ragequit the game and wrote an essay about it lol. I wish I could find the post.

LAM09

Interesting.

If I ever get that far (which I doubt due to time constraints), I'll have to keep a look out then. In my experience, every one I've ever played with/against wasn't all that useful.

You aren't alone. Most widowmakers I've encountered are awful for a number of reasons.

Chance

A widowmaker who is really bad ass on PS4 is probably using a mouse.

I've played against SuperWidows on PS4 where it seemed like the entire enemy team's comp, position and tactics were based on protecting the Widow as she tore us apart. There was absolutely no way to break it, as a solo.

Nimby

Banned
Does it work for anyone? It is stuck on the "entering game" loading screen for me.

Moon's trying to load a custom game and it's not loading. So I guess not.

EDIT: Some people are playing it somehow? I guess they managed to get it working? Moon just got in.

Nimby

Banned
Can Genji deflect the cars?

Cars are instant death, pretty much the same as falling off. You can break Zarya's shields on the car without getting hit though. 80 charge instantly at the start of the match.

Edit: I just noticed that Oasis doesn't use those ships as spawns like other KotH maps.

Also, Genji mains favorite room:
b7Kl929.png

maouvin

Is there just one jump pad across all three stages of Oasis? Just found the one at the first round.

Oh and you can jump under the boat on one of the stages spawn room, and if your character can't teleport/climb out of it you're stuck.

Nimby

Banned
Is there just one jump pad across all three stages of Oasis? Just found the one at the first round.

Oh and you can jump under the boat on one of the stages spawn room, and if your character can't teleport/climb out of it you're stuck.

I want to say there's one on each side of that map, but it looks like it's only for that stage.

xaosslug

updated Symm on PS4 yet?

On PS4? Nope. I've never been paired with any Widowmaker that was useful.

Though I've never been in the top 500. (yet)

I imagine she's much betterl on PC.

IDK if they were top 500 but I've been up against Widowmakers who were insane to the point where the only way to survive is to constantly take cover and YOU NEED TO take note of the gunshots/follow the red line of their bullet to TRY and see where the shots are coming from, and the second you peek out you are popped.

some Widowmakers are def. legit.

I feel like im gettin better on pc but i still fumble my keys and i just end up mashing everything on the board trying to press it in the middle of a fight.:x

I feel like im gettin better on pc but i still fumble my keys and i just end up mashing everything on the board trying to press it in the middle of a fight.:x

This is me. I feel so clumsy. I wonder if a mouse that had extra buttons would help. Reaching for the reload key is never intuitive.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
So apparently there's a glitch on XB1 at least that using Sym's teleporter while Widowmaker uses her grappling hook so that once you go through it you have to wait 12 seconds.

DevilDog

I'm taking a break from OW and now they want to patch in the new map?? Dragon age is pretty cool btw.

Wait until you learn the advanced keyboard techniques.

Top Bottom