• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Nimby

Banned
How much 'meta shaming' are we going for? Can I run attack Symmetra tonight? I would play Symmetra 100% of the time if it was acceptable.

Ok, since the 4rd season is starting tonight can you guys give a rundown of how this mode differs from regular play? If there is a difference of course.

Or is there a link to read about it?

Also, anyone playing later?

I will be on. :)

I'll jump back in for some placement matches tonight, it's been awhile.

My Thanksgiving resolution is to be an awesome teammate no matter what and always have the most fun possible. I'll try not to ever get tilted or care about rank.

Man i had 2 sick plays with Ana just now but i forgot im on pc and not ps4 so i couldnt save it afterwards;__;

The first one was a clutch hold on def hollywood coming in with dva, genji and mercy on the point.
Just me and S76

I run and sleep dva throw a healnade at mercy and finish her off. Genjis occupied with S76. I nanoboost him and we finish off the rest of the enemy team coming in and dva and our team comesback. This was just at the marker for the point to be taken.

Second time was on Numbani pushing cart i 2 shot an ulting 76, slept and ulting roadhog and then 2shot an ulting Pharah one after another.

it honestly feels great knowing im improving

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
How much 'meta shaming' are we going for? Can I run attack Symmetra tonight? I would play Symmetra 100% of the time if it was acceptable.

People aren't very kind to attack sym in my experience.

I'm much kinder.

I only ask them to change after it clearly didn't work twice.

komaruR

Man i had 2 sick plays with Ana just now but i forgot im on pc and not ps4 so i couldnt save it afterwards;__;

The first one was a clutch hold on def hollywood coming in with dva, genji and mercy on the point.
Just me and S76

I run and sleep dva throw a healnade at mercy and finish her off. Genjis occupied with S76. I nanoboost him and we finish off the rest of the enemy team coming in and dva and our team comesback. This was just at the marker for the point to be taken.

Second time was on Numbani pushing cart i 2 shot an ulting 76, slept and ulting roadhog and then 2shot an ulting Pharah one after another.

it honestly feels great knowing im improving

dude, get plays.tv app. it almost cost nothing to the fps. it auto record/marker your kills, potg and seperate matches video.

MG310

Actually managed to win a few 1v1 duels last night and got some more practice in with the attack characters who aren't 76.

Reaper seems like the one I'm going to with if my solo queue teams already have healers/tanks locked up.

Nimby

Banned
People aren't very kind to attack sym in my experience.

I'm much kinder.

I only ask them to change after it clearly didn't work twice.

If only everyone expressed this attitude! Meta don't mean betta guys! Give people a chance! /s

Meta doesn't really mean it's always going to work, it's probably the safest thing you could run though. Triple tank at least, doesn't really matter if you use Soldier or not. I wish plat players would pay attention to the meta instead of insisting "But I have a really good Junkrat!"

I'm at work and haven't played in a while but if ps4 peeps wanna play comp I'll hopefully be home by 8:00 ish EST. I hit low plat through last season's solo q placements to give an indicator of how good/bad I am.

oti

Banned
I got a quesh: If I don't open my loot crates, will they transform into Christmas loot crates once the event starts?

BTW: I'm oti xero on PSN and I play some of the Overwatch. Add me. I want crates.

Antiwhippy

If only everyone expressed this attitude! Meta don't mean betta guys! Give people a chance! /s

Meta doesn't really mean it's always going to work, it's probably the safest thing you could run though. Triple tank at least, doesn't really matter if you use Soldier or not. I wish plat players would pay attention to the meta instead of insisting "But I have a really good Junkrat!"

Pay attention to it but understand why it is being run instead of copying it. Honestly I've also been in teams that asked to do the meta thing but clearly have no understanding about the way it works. I then get fucking crushed because there are all these people doing their own thing instead of trying to synergise, because they clearly aren't familiar with the character they play.

If sombra becomes part of the meta it's going to be exacerbated because clearly no one fucking knows how to play around a sombra in their team in solo q.

Anne

Tbh if you get into a comp game with me and pick some clearly troll shit like attack Symm I'll nicely ask for a swap. If you want to try and be the young god Symm on offense and go ham anyways I'll at least just be like "okay" and then ask again after it fails a couple times.

Like, you wanna play McCree over Soldier or just run 2/2/2 or run your Zenyatta or Mercy or Junkrat on defense? I'm not gonna stop you as long as you try to fit the comp. If we are getting our faces smashed in I might suggest a change if something isn't working. I change myself if my pick is being an issue or if I know there is a better solution.

Like Idk, I don't meta shame people but I feel like there is a pretty obvious cut off where I can reasonably say, "hey maybe we should build this comp instead." I also try to be p flexible and at least offer up my pocket characters if there's some goal we want to work towards.

Salarians

I got a quesh: If I don't open my loot crates, will they transform into Christmas loot crates once the event starts?

BTW: I'm oti xero on PSN and I play some of the Overwatch. Add me. I want crates.
Nope. Loot box contents are generated and fixed the second you get them, not when you open them.

Antiwhippy

Like it's pretty clear seeing the people who pick up 76 because he's meta without much experience. So much terrible positioning.

antitrop

Ogon' po gotovnosti! Oops, wrong game

SpryLimpConch.gif

Sane_Man

I'm very capable with D.Va and Ana now, decent at best with Soldier and Mei, but outright shit with the rest. D.Va and Ana are going to be so popular in comp that I'll probably find it difficult to choose them most of the time. I really need to practice more with other characters to be ready for comp. Having moved from PS4 recently I'm somehow now terrible with Roadhog and Pharah and they were my main two before. Tracer is fun but half the time I do okay and the other half I'm a complete burden to the team.

BigDug13

Tbh if you get into a comp game with me and pick some clearly troll shit like attack Symm I'll nicely ask for a swap. If you want to try and be the young god Symm on offense and go ham anyways I'll at least just be like "okay" and then ask again after it fails a couple times.

Like, you wanna play McCree over Soldier or just run 2/2/2 or run your Zenyatta or Mercy or Junkrat on defense? I'm not gonna stop you as long as you try to fit the comp. If we are getting our faces smashed in I might suggest a change if something isn't working. I change myself if my pick is being an issue or if I know there is a better solution.

Like Idk, I don't meta shame people but I feel like there is a pretty obvious cut off where I can reasonably say, "hey maybe we should build this comp instead." I also try to be p flexible and at least offer up my pocket characters if there's some goal we want to work towards.

I don't understand the middle paragraph. Is there some meta where Mercy or Zenyatta are unwanted outside of having an over abundance of healers ?

Antiwhippy

Mercy is just the least useful healer atm, very vulnerable, can't actually heal the most, and just generally doesn't provide anything other than rez.

Zenyetta is still great though, so I'll have to disagree with anne there.

rikichi

Hey guys, if there's a group that's needs another spot during placement matches, I'd appreciate it if u hit me up. If I'm gonna solo queue it, I'd rather do it with my GAF peeps.

PSN: rikichiX

I don't understand the middle paragraph. Is there some meta where Mercy or Zenyatta are unwanted outside of having an over abundance of healers ?

Ana/Lucio being way too good in general, most likely. Like you have spot heals and decent area heal, can speed boost to clean up/win an engage, and can defend the already pretty capable Ana in a fight by knocking enemies away with lucio boop.

In addition, Ana counters Zen in most every way, and has a chance of sleeping mercy before res. Those aren't necessarily the main reasons, but they do add to the overall situation. Zen can be good, but you need an Ana in just about any circumstance currently. And Ana/Zen is great, but Lucio/Ana has a bit more sustain to it.

Drek

Hey guys, if there's a group that's needs another spot during placement matches, I'd appreciate it if u hit me up. If I'm gonna solo queue it, I'd rather do it with my GAF peeps.

PSN: rikichiX
I'll probably try placing for the first time tonight.

PSN Drek717

Antiwhippy

That's pretty much entirely dependent on how well someone on your team can play Ana.

I dunno man, I sometimes feel like I've met more bad mercies than anas. There's a real difference between a mercy that can pull off clutch resses and those that can't.

Top Bottom