• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Nimby

Banned
Character changes I would like to see:

Ana
- Healing reduced to 45-60 (Mercy healing reduced to 50 as well)
- Bionade healing boost reduced to 60-70%
- Bionade no longer burst heals
- Bionade damage decreased to 25 or less
- Longer cooldown on sleep dart
- Try out a lesser speed boost on Nano Boost

Roadhog
- Hook cooldown increased to 10-12 seconds
- Fix hook

D.Va
- Try 550 total health
- Reduce damage overall
- Defense matrix nerfs?

Soldier 76
- Reduce damage to 17-19(?) per shot
- Quicker cooldown on bio-field to compensate?

Pharah
- Try 225-250 health
- Revert knockback change from last patch

Mercy
- Reduce healing to 50
- Look into adding a new ability
- Add invincibility during Res cast and a few seconds after

Sombra
- Allow her to shoot and cast abilities as soon as invisibility drops
- Lower bullet spread
- Remove ultimate cheese

Lucio/Reinhardt
- Throw some shit on the PTR for testing
- Possibly reworking Lucio, opposite of the Symmetra rework (make him not almost 100% needed in every situation)

Widow/Hanzo
- ??? I know these characters have issues still, but I don't play them enough to know what they need.

Bastion/Torb/Junk
- Hoo boy.

Skii

Which stupid cunt at blizzard thought it was a good idea for the match to be cancelled in 3v3 even if a team is winning a round? At least give the winning team the win if you're going to cancel. Happened twice in succession.

ISOM

Ana

Roadhog
- Hook cooldown increased to 10-12 seconds
- Fix hook

D.Va
- Try 550 total health
- Reduce damage overall
- Defense matrix nerfs?

Soldier 76
- Reduce damage to 17-19(?) per shot
- Quicker cooldown on bio-field to compensate?

Pharah
- Try 225-250 health
- Revert knockback change from last patch

Mercy
- Reduce healing to 50
- Look into adding a new ability
- Add invincibility during Res cast and a few seconds after

Sombra
- Allow her to shoot and cast abilities as soon as invisibility drops
- Lower bullet spread
- Remove ultimate cheese

Lucio/Reinhardt
- Throw some shit on the PTR for testing
- Possibly reworking Lucio, opposite of the Symmetra rework (make him not almost 100% needed in every situation)

Widow/Hanzo
- ??? I know these characters have issues still, but I don't play them enough to know what they need.

Bastion/Torb/Junk
- Hoo boy.

I like some of these changes but how would Ana heal herself without burst healing on her nade?

Anne

D.Va is extremely not fine. Solider is honestly close to fine. I agree with Flame's idea to nerf heal station CD because that ability is actually really strong on him right now.

Anne

TBF though they should give people a reason not to run reinhardt.

Give me a better way to counterplay another Reihardt and hook and maybe I'll be okay with not running it :p

Yeah, they just needed to bring him back to what he was during the Beta/Launch of the game & not to make him into the monster he is now.

There's a pretty good chance the Soldier we had at launch was on par or better than the Soldier we have now actually.

TBF though they should give people a reason not to run reinhardt.

That will never happen until they put more proper tanks in the game, though. None of the other tanks can actually protect the team in the same fashion Rein can. Zarya possibly, but her's are single target and on CD.

Again, though, before they can do that, something has to be done with Ana. There is just too much benefit to running heroes with greater health pools available atm.

I have a feeling if Rein is made obsolete, it is going to be because he is a legacy character, and some other hero has come along who just straight-up does his job better.

Say that after playing reinhardt and having either A) your shield torn through, or B ) you get melted no matter what you do because of her damage output :<
literally anything will go through reinhardt's shield if it's focused tho :p
D.Va is extremely not fine. Solider is honestly close to fine. I agree with Flame's idea to nerf heal station CD because that ability is actually really strong on him right now.
I don't agree about soldier :/ it feels like he out dpses most of the others currently, particularly due to his effective range.

Obviously you are much more qualified to assess balance than I am but at the level I play at he feels too strong - which might be a case again of blizz balancing for the 1% or balancing for pubs (like the torb console nerfs).

That's true, but D.Va damage on it in addition to Roadhog/Soldier makes it melt in literally 2 seconds. There is real pain in playing Rein atm, but he's still needed to keep all that damage off of the team :(
fair enough. I do feel like it gets shredded very quickly but I don't play him too often to comment properly.
Thing that kinda balances soldier atm is that his only burst option is helix rockets.

Dat nano visor though.
yeah, nano visor went from meh to horrifying.

Anne

literally anything will go through reinhardt's shield if it's focused tho :p

I don't agree about soldier :/ it feels like he out dpses most of the others currently, particularly due to his effective range.

Obviously you are much more qualified to assess balance than I am but at the level I play at he feels too strong - which might be a case again of blizz balancing for the 1% or balancing for pubs (like the torb console nerfs).

I'll admit at a lower level he probably feels overwhelming, but he can be outplayed by a lot of things while something like D.Va really can't. Once you get good enough the only real problem people keep running into against him is that if he pops heal station there is no way to win that 1v1 unless you are a god.

Flame's list suggested making him deal 19 a shot and nerfing heal station CD a bit. I could honestly live with that. Anything more would be overkill I think.

I do think if the current version of Solider were to let rock for awhile the lower levels would figure out more ways to fight it, but they'd eventually hit the same problem of not winning the 1v1. Nerfing that ability would balance him out pretty easily.

I don't agree with all of Flame's list but Soldier I definitely feel him on.

Zacagawea

Anybody else think that Genji should get Sombra's low health wall hack? I feel like he could put it to better use than her. Or maybe give him some armor.
I am a weeb who is salty about the tank meta

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I agree but I'd put Roadhog right after D.Va. That character is all sorts of levels of not okay :<

Oh god, how could I forget.

I think he was alright in the ult meta because as good as he was he's not as good as people popping off ults every team fight, but right now team fights are defined by who got the first hog pick.

I'll admit at a lower level he probably feels overwhelming, but he can be outplayed by a lot of things while something like D.Va really can't. Once you get good enough the only real problem people keep running into against him is that if he pops heal station there is no way to win that 1v1 unless you are a god.

Flame's list suggested making him deal 19 a shot and nerfing heal station CD a bit. I could honestly live with that. Anything more would be overkill I think.

I do think if the current version of Solider were to let rock for awhile the lower levels would figure out more ways to fight it, but they'd eventually hit the same problem of not winning the 1v1. Nerfing that ability would balance him out pretty easily.

I don't agree with all of Flame's list but Soldier I definitely feel him on.
i guess i can see his damage being something that people just need to adjust to, but the point about healing station is a good one. it would make him a little bit more of a glass cannon which would be nice. :p
Did everyone forget the nano+ death blossom....
i love beyblade
lol
Nobody ever mentions Roadhog for some reason. Dude has avoided nerf talks like a ninja.

i think most of the time whenever he's brought up it's about hook hitbox/pull shenanigans - which are still bad. i somehow got hooked as sombra post-translocating.

i think most of the time whenever he's brought up it's about hook hitbox/pull shenanigans - which are still bad. i somehow got hooked as sombra post-translocating.

Well, he avoided it in the last meta by being an "ult battery", but now that charge rates have been reduced, there isn't a reason not to run him, really. Three different one shot abilities, only one of which is on CD, a massive self heal/personal ult charge rate, and building support ults quickly due to Ana makes him a terror.

I don't understand how 'Hog's hook being 6sec cd was ever considered okay. It is extremely not okay!! I think his self-heal is kinda insane too, I can't out-damage it as D.va. IDK, I'm just a gold-tier scrub, but Roadhog seems kinda nutty.

Ana

Christ man, let her live.

I don't understand how 'Hog's hook being 6sec cd was ever considered okay. It is extremely not okay!! I think his self-heal is kinda insane too, I can't out-damage it as D.va. IDK, I'm just a gold-tier scrub, but Roadhog seems kinda nutty.
No. Wonky hooks aside, Hog has been one of the most balanced characters since the game came out.

An interesting nerf I would like to see for Roadhog, if they don't want to do much for him, would be nerfing the CD on hook (obv) and removing damage from the hook itself. There are many times where hooking certain characters does not mean that they die, which leads me to think many of the smaller, 200 hp heroes may be able to live through hooks a bit better if you just took away that ~20 dmg. They may at least get a chance for counterplay/put some damage on him in retaliation before they go. Would help to justify the breather as well.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Not anymore really. When ults could be dumped every team fight he was balanced, because individual picks mattered less, but right now individual picks are so important that having an instadeath on cooldown for 6secs is kinda crazy.

ISOM

An interesting nerf I would like to see for Roadhog, if they don't want to do much for him, would be reducing the CD on hook (obv) and removing damage from the hook itself. There are many times where hooking certain characters does not mean that they die, which leads me to think many of the smaller, 200 hp heroes may be able to live through hooks a bit better if you just took away that ~20 dmg.

I would increase the CD on his hook to 10-12 secs and increase his clip size to 6-8.

Anne

The 6s Hook CD was never okay. I said all the way back in S1 it was not okay, was only balanced because of ults/meta, and that it was likely that it would be the target for a nerf later on.

People are talking about it a lot these days.

Anyone up for some chill quick play (no mic needed)? Shoes#1301 - I double-dipped on Black Friday week and need to get to level 25 on PC to start comp hell :p

rulerk1

Just lose my two comp matches. We were doing well too but no one get any kills after certain point.

I hate crying nerf but Defense matrix needs to break after taking a certain amount of damage. And soldiers ult is horrifying now. How to deal?

Nimby

Banned
Christ man, let her live.

No. Wonky hooks aside, Hog has been one of the most balanced characters since the game came out.

she has lived for long enough man, widow once again proving how useless she is

In all seriousness, maybe the burst heal could stay on bionade or only effects Ana. Ana is seriously way too strong tho.

Another reason for Roadhog nerf, he kinda does a sniper's job better.

Widow/Hanzo are both:
- Easily countered/compromised vs. Hog
- Have to rely on headshots to meet Hog's kill potential, hook is very generous
- Have limited mobility vs. Hog's mighty heal to stay alive

Teams are just running Hog instead of snipers because he has a much easier time securing kills and staying alive. Also Hog's usage at Dreamhack was a whopping 80%+, more than D.Va or Soldier and at Rein/Lucio tier.

caesar

Banned
Some thoughts

Ana needs reduced healing, maybe bionade debuff reduced by a couple of secs. One of the biggest counters to triple tank is the nade, but shes also the lynchpin of the comp so..

Soldier is strong but I think reducing dmg by 1 would work. Although honestly I like the fact that he can 1v1 Dva atm.

Reinhardt is balanced but hes in every game because shield, if you dont pick rein and they do you also get earthshattered at will. The game just needs another tank that does something as valuable.

Dva is ridiculous and is honestly unkillable with healing. The fact that she can fly across the map get in your face and literally stand still holding m1 to kill you is disgusting.

Roadhog is fundamentally busted still, hook range or cooldown needs changing. He's so important right now due to the ult change.

Zarya is in a pretty good place I feel. She's only powerful in the right hands now.

I can't believe people still sleep on Winston. Previous page people mentioning buffing his shield. Honestly he is borderline broken and his ult is insane.

Genji is a victim of the tank meta, but still capable of being a nightmare.

Tracer is the same as Genji, seriously dangerous to ever buff her.

McCree gets destroyed by DVA and is easy to hook, although it can work out if they have a tracer or genji as he is probably the best at taking care of them.

Sombra is another hero thats too good in the right hands. I really wouldn't buff her tbh.

Reaper is pretty much trash right now, pick Roadhog who is a better Reaper.

Widow and Hanzo are fine. Personally tired of the sniper memes, if you're good you can clean up. You can't really buff snipers or they will just destroy everything.

Mercy just sucks and I hate seeing her on my team in competitive. Tfw when you dont get rezzed, or you dont get heals because she is hiding to rez.

Symmetras shield generator honestly seems op, but im not sure if I can see her being useful.

Not sure if I would buff Pharah, people have pretty good aim in masters but you can still carry on maps like Ilios even if they have a soldier. She seems fine to me?

ISOM

Just lose my two comp matches. We were doing well too but no one get any kills after certain point.

I hate crying nerf but Defense matrix needs to break after taking a certain amount of damage. And soldiers ult is horrifying now. How to deal?

You deal with it by Defense matrix the very thing you want to nerf. :)

Skii

Yes he is. What's his pick rate? Far from 100%, so your gross oversimplification of his kit is dead on arrival. His whole kit is built around hooking squishies.

I don't know but he's like the joint main reason why triple tank is working this meta. He deals so much DPS as a tank and instantly kills anything whether it be a tank/squishie because they will be out of position. It is insane that it's never been checked. And this isn't even considering how stupid some hooks can be.

I've always felt like characters that OHKO anything are not healthy for this game and the fact that Roadhog either does that or takes a character completely out of position has never been good. This has all been amplified because Reaper is not really viable against a team running Dva and Soldier so Roadhog can just run rampant. And Reaper isn't that great vs Roadhog lol.

He's in the same tier as ana+dva+s76 last report.

The very same characters we're discussing as a problem currently.

I mean, B tier. If everyone was B tier the game would be perfect. I just don't get what's so bad about him. He's constantly cucked by Ana, Discord melts him, he's one of the few characters who can deal with Dva. If he's hooking 200hp heroes, that's not a sign of imbalance it's literally what he's built to do.

I haven't been playing much lately so if the new consensus is nerf Hog then so be it. But I haven't seen anything that would make me feel that way.

Top Bottom