• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

ISOM

I should've just quit that match. The worst part was how they were all complaining about how I didn't switch off so they could heal. MAYBE FUCKING ASK ME BEFORE YOU YELL AT ME ABOUT IT.

So fuck it. I don't play Overwatch anymore. If those guys are reading this, mission accomplished. Good job.

Nah, you don't need to wholly give up Overwatch just don't play on the weekends. The idiots seem to come out more than ever at that time.

caesar

Banned
I should've just quit that match. The worst part was how they were all complaining about how I didn't switch off so they could heal. MAYBE FUCKING ASK ME BEFORE YOU YELL AT ME ABOUT IT.

So fuck it. I don't play Overwatch anymore. If those guys are reading this, mission accomplished. Good job.

You sound toxic af if I'm honest.

People sure don't seem to like it when I do it, so far.

Yeah don't do that in competitive.

You sound toxic af if I'm honest.

Yeah don't do that in competitive.

Why? Because I'm in here bitching about the group that ganged up on me in team chat, well after the match is over? I didn't leave the match. I still played afterwards. I switched off healer. I still got shit on. What do you want me to do?

Weekend overwatch is a cesspool

Luckily so far today been getting decent groups. Had one game where one person was toxic and we lost. Next match I had him on the other team. Told my team he was a toxic player and so a couple of teammates started focusing on him and intentionally trying to trigger him. We dominated.

Being toxic is a weakness, and in some cases can be exploited.

Gold Comp is horrible. I was Plat last season and did okay but my placements put me in mid-gold now and I'm not even sure there's a way back! I play nothing but solo queue and I'm sure everyone thinks this, but I honestly feel like I play well most of the time. Just weird team decisions and crazy plays make it unbearable. Seriously, I'd say 95% of games I played today had a Junkrat and Pharah on my team when not needed. I try really hard and create so many opportunities to push or cap and end up with a number of golds.

Today I got Gold Eliminations by getting one kill as Symmetra on defense... ONE KILL. GOLD. The joys of solo queue I guess.

Gurrry

Gold Comp is horrible. I was Plat last season and did okay but my placements put me in mid-gold now and I'm not even sure there's a way back! I play nothing but solo queue and I'm sure everyone thinks this, but I honestly feel like I play well most of the time. Just weird team decisions and crazy plays make it unbearable. Seriously, I'd say 95% of games I played today had a Junkrat and Pharah on my team when not needed. I try really hard and create so many opportunities to push or cap and end up with a number of golds.

Today I got Gold Eliminations by getting one kill as Symmetra on defense... ONE KILL. GOLD. The joys of solo queue I guess.

I honestly wish that if the game sees youre playing solo, it would take your performance more into consideration when it comes to losing SR. Its so hard to A) find a group willing to use team work and communication, and B) find a team that isnt toxic.

I understand its a team game, but when winning is the only metric they base your SR off of and you are playing with randoms all the time, it really is nearly impossible to get out of a rut. It really comes down more to luck than anything else. Did you get paired with the guy who only plays Symmetra? Or did you get paired with the godlike Reinhardt.

Being doing well in solo queue so far. Started at 2300 now at 2550.

From what I can tell, my rein is now my best asset. Been doing quite well with him now.

I was Plat almost entirely last season and decided to play my placements with a group of 6 who mostly have never played before. Went 1-9 and started this season at like 2100. Holy fuck do I agree with you.

I've played prob 20 some games now and got back up to 2400ish but fuck is it a grind solo. I'll go on streaks of 5 wins then lose 8 straight because of just the stupidest shit. I played with a Mei today that didn't even use her Wall. Seriously.

My gf who is in the same situation as I argue all the time over what's better, go full AD and try to carry the team offensively or go support and try to help them more. It's shitty either way.

caesar

Banned
Why? Because I'm in here bitching about the group that ganged up on me in team chat, well after the match is over? I didn't leave the match. I still played afterwards. I switched off healer. I still got shit on. What do you want me to do?

You sound like you tilt super easily, the other players are in silver as you said. Just have faith in yourself and lock in the dps, they cant be that much better than you. :p

Are you eu? Maybe I could help out.

Zekes!

I've been playing a lot of Ana this season. Been trying to switch things up because Pharah was my most used last season and during season 1. Right now it's probably Soldier 76, Ana then Pharah

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Looking at my stats, my healing done and damage done are super close (1.5mil vs 1.4) with healing being only slightly higher. Guess that makes sense considering I've played supports more than all the other classes combined.

You sound like you tilt super easily, the other players are in silver as you said. Just have faith in yourself and lock in the dps, they cant be that much better than you. :p

To be fair, if I get blamed for all the woes of the team if I'm forced to play a role I don't even want to play, I'd be upset too.

And hey now next match i have a great supportive team that communicates and we end up winning.
One of them sent me a Friendreq so ill probably group up with them

Man soloq is such a mixed bag lol

Are you eu? Maybe I could help out.

NA, so it sounds like no.

Look, I've had a bad run of games pretty much ever since I started competitive in season one. And yeah, I get pissed. But I don't ever say anything about it in chat, and I don't blame other people. I actually struggle to figure out how much of our losses is my fault, knowing that people can and do climb in solo queue. I naturally assume it's my fault. I try to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I wanted to try and get better, knowing that often the only way to do that is to play games and challenge yourself. I've been told to take the lumps, learn from your mistakes, don't worry about rank. So yesterday I played a couple of hours straight for the first time in months. I had probably a 25% win rate. But on the whole, I was less sad about my performance than I thought I'd be.

Then today I actually manage to win a few games and have a couple of teams that just worked. One of those teams even had a Widowmaker, which didn't seem like a good idea, but I didn't say anything because it's never my place to tell people how to play. We won the match, and I thought, well, I was wrong, it seemed to work out okay. But in general, I like to think that I'm not a precious snowflake that just rages every time we lose. I lose way too much for that even to be an option.

So when three people are busy snarking about how we're doing poorly because our healer is awful, and why won't that healer switch off and let them heal because they're so much better, and how "don't pick important roles if you don't know how to play them" (hey, maybe a dude's having a bad game or a bad day, phrase it differently), and then when I do switch they don't like Zarya either because too many tanks and what's wrong with you, I'm sorry. Yes, I had a bad round as Ana. I'm sorry I nanoboosted the Rein after the team fight was over, I misjudged the game state. I get that I made mistakes. I'm sorry for not being 100% perfect. But you don't get to yell at me like you own the place. You don't get to complain about how I should've just known to switch off and let you heal as if I can read your mind. You definitely don't get to do all those things and assume I'll feel okay about three of you talking shit about me in chat.

If that's what it means to be tilted really easily, then yeah, I shouldn't be playing these games. I'm sorry I had a bad fucking day.

jacobs34

I've been too busy to play this game consistently in the last few months, but I had a chance to play through the placement matches in solo que for season three and I ended up in the silver league.

I really do love this game. There is something so immensely satisfying about performing well within the make-up of a team that is working together. I only have about half an hour a day for gaming, and the only game I even consider playing these days is Overwatch.

caesar

Banned
NA, so it sounds like no.

Look, I've had a bad run of games pretty much ever since I started competitive in season one. And yeah, I get pissed. But I don't ever say anything about it in chat, and I don't blame other people. I actually struggle to figure out how much of our losses is my fault, knowing that people can and do climb in solo queue. I naturally assume it's my fault. I try to figure out what I'm doing wrong. I wanted to try and get better, knowing that often the only way to do that is to play games and challenge yourself. I've been told to take the lumps, learn from your mistakes, don't worry about rank. So yesterday I played a couple of hours straight for the first time in months. I had probably a 25% win rate. But on the whole, I was less sad about my performance than I thought I'd be.

Well I mean, the first time you played for 2 hrs straight in months? You're just not playing enough to see any real improvement, that's probably all there is to it.

Well I mean, the first time you played for 2 hrs straight in months? You're just not playing enough to see any real improvement, that's probably all there is to it.

But that's not what I'm complaining about right now? I was saying that normally losses don't make me anywhere near this angry, it's specifically having three people being shitty to me.

You know what, never mind. The more I talk about this the more I feel dumb for even bringing it up. I was super angry about it and wanted to talk it out because that's how I do things sometimes, but clearly I'm still being stupid. Forget it.

Sande

Every once in a while I come back to this thread to catch up and see what the hot topics are, but it's always full of "I hate my team, I hate ranked, I hate this game, I hate my life".

Why do people keep playing if it's so damn miserable? I took a break for like 3 months when it started to feel like that and now I'm having more fun than ever with the game.

3v3 with friends is insanely good btw. I don't remember enjoying a MP shooter this much since... MW2 maybe.

Skii

Everyone gets tilted from time to time. And everyone makes misplays. People at gold and silver make so many misplays and if a game is even remotely close, your team lost solely because your team made major misplays in crucial moments. Just try to take this as a learning experience. Try to understand why you mistakenly thought your team was alive to capitalise on the nanoboost for example. That may have lost you the game and that's fine as long as you can learn from it. Like you said, don't worry about criticisms from people at the same rank as you. They are just as bad, if not worse. At least you understand the game enough to know that Ana is the best healer out there and will carry you eventually as you get more proficient with her.

NeoRaider

Every once in a while I come back to this thread to catch up and see what the hot topics are, but it's always full of "I hate my team, I hate ranked, I hate this game, I hate my life".

Why do people keep playing if it's so damn miserable? I took a break for like 3 months when it started to feel like that and now I'm having more fun than ever with the game.

3v3 with friends is insanely good btw. I don't remember enjoying a MP shooter this much since... MW2 maybe.

You can't compare playing 3v3 or QP with playing Competitive. Most of the ppl here are complaing about Competitive because it feels more important and makes your emotions go up and down a lot, i guess it's human nature. Ppl just can't help it.

I am almost never bothered when losing in QP or any Arcade game, i am always trying to have fun... and even in Competitive, like i said i am trying but for some reasons it can feel like totally different experince and different game. Many times i say to myself: "This shit is not worth it." I guess that's why i wasn't even playing S1 and S2 really.

Skyzard

Banned
2NVZTy3.png

imU6xF3.gif

I just wish Sombra had something more going for her. Played a game today where teammates asked me to take care of Rein's shield, but it's hard to hack when you have Torb's turret behind him and a Widow watching the battlefield. I want to go for the Widow but I seem to have a bit of a tough time trying to aim (which is weird because I can play Tracer no problem), and it seems like Widow's machine gun + venom mine almost always wins her that 1v1. It's a shame because I really love Sombra as a character and her abilities, but whenever I pick her it's like picking to lose the game every time.

NeoRaider

I just wish Sombra had something more going for her. Played a game today where teammates asked me to take care of Rein's shield, but it's hard to hack when you have Torb's turret behind him and a Widow watching the battlefield. I want to go for the Widow but I seem to have a bit of a tough time trying to aim (which is weird because I can play Tracer no problem), and it seems like Widow's machine gun + venom mine almost always wins her that 1v1. It's a shame because I really love Sombra as a character and her abilities, but whenever I pick her it's like picking to lose the game every time.

No matter how good you aim Sombra will not be as good as Tracer. Her SMG is not very accurate, it almost feels like Widowmaker to me. That's how bad it is.

And i agree with what you wrote, i am writing similar things for 3rd time maybe. In last few days i am only seeing Sombras being destroyed, never getting cards or POTGs so... i guess i was right. Also never saw her in Competitive match, never.

caesar

Banned
But that's not what I'm complaining about right now? I was saying that normally losses don't make me anywhere near this angry, it's specifically having three people being shitty to me.

You know what, never mind. The more I talk about this the more I feel dumb for even bringing it up. I was super angry about it and wanted to talk it out because that's how I do things sometimes, but clearly I'm still being stupid. Forget it.

Well you were like 'I'm forever shit' or whatever so it seems to bother you. I never implied you were being stupid but clearly I'm somehow being passive aggressive here.

Sande

You can't compare playing 3v3 or QP with playing Competitive. Most of the ppl here are complaing about Competitive because it feels more important and makes your emotions go up and down a lot, i guess it's human nature. Ppl just can't help it.

I am almost never bothered when losing in QP or any Arcade game, i am always trying to have fun... and even in Competitive, like i said i am trying but for some reasons it can feel like totally different experince and different game. Many times i say to myself: "This shit is not worth it." I guess that's why i wasn't even playing S1 and S2 really.
I'm not talking about just 3v3. I know the feeling when you just keep playing and playing, getting way too angry even at the smallest things and you're pretty much not enjoying the game at all anymore. Then you vent on GAF or wherever and go back to playing and playing... A break can do wonders in that situation.

I'm not saying this necessarily applies to any specific posters in the last few pages, but it seems to be a pretty common thing with MP games for some reason. If I'm not enjoying myself, I just go do something else.

Nimby

Banned
some of those are hideous, omg

Apparently the hazmat guy in front of Reaper is what Ana originally was. I'm assuming the bug guy in front of Bastion was Widow. That isn't Genji either, that's Hanzo. That robot by Symmetra was originally her turret(s). I'm guessing the guy next to Tracer is Soldier? I like that design. Not quite sure what is going on with the woman above Roadhog. Person on the far right looks like they may have been Zarya at one point. The woman above Winston was an older Pharah design.

Why isn't crossbow girl in the game though? I like her.

omgkitty

I'm starting to think Arcade only has loot boxes because if it didn't, no one would play it. I've had so many garbage matches and win maybe 25% of the time and only do it for loot boxes :\

Apparently the hazmat guy in front of Reaper is what Ana originally was. I'm assuming the bug guy in front of Bastion was Widow. That isn't Genji either, that's Hanzo. That robot by Symmetra was originally her turret(s). I'm guessing the guy next to Tracer is Soldier? I like that design. Not quite sure what is going on with the woman above Roadhog. Person on the far right looks like they may have been Zarya at one point. The woman above Winston was an older Pharah design.

Why isn't crossbow girl in the game though? I like her.
Pretty sure crossbow girl was the OG sombra concept - I think they said that in the eurogamer interview after Sombra reveal.

Soloq is such a mess lol. I've been lucky because I keep getting KOTH and I'm doing really well with S76, but I just played one match in Hanamura and won without really understanding how. There's just no logic to it, people kept going by themselves and this time it actually worked.

I really don't know what to do sometimes, do I just wait for my team to group up or follow the crazy Genji that just went to the point by himself?

I'm on a winning streak but I won't risk it anymore, better to just wait for the usual group because this game is all sorts of crazy right now.

ohkay

Dude, as soon as people start being toxic in chat just mute them or leave chat altogether. It makes the games less stressful

Nephix

Wow this game makes me feel like complete shit..
Just finished a comp game where I did well enough ( 15k healing as Ana ) but one guy kept screaming in the mic that I should kill myself and the other teammates followed his example. :(

I really like the game but I don't know if I can keep up with the community being like it is now.

I haven't played since the end of season 2, but I've just been reading how more and more insane gamers have been shitting up the community. What the hell happened to make it even worse?

antitrop

Just finished a comp game where I did well enough ( 15k healing as Ana ) but one guy kept screaming in the mic that I should kill myself and the other teammates followed his example. :(

I really like the game but I don't know if I can keep up with the community being like it is now.
Blaming the healers is the most chickenshit move in OW. Sometimes they deserve it, but far more often they don't.

Unless an Ana is clearly just playing the character as a bad Widowmaker, I never say anything about the supports.

NeoRaider

That you should kill yourslef?? What? :/
Did you report them?

Idk. what to say tbh. Just mute them or leave the game completely. That's the smartest thing you can do. Also don't let that bother you so much, because thank god these ppl are minority.

Blues1990

Found on reddit. Some russian guy took this picture at Blizzard's office. More photos from that thread: https://vk.com/album-75575538_238906606

It's interesting to note that Lucio's design was heavily inspired by the Bard character class in tabletop role-playing games, including being charismatic and using various song-based spells for support/combat.

And, on a related note, it's a disturbing thought to think that Roadhog could've been a pure mutant, along with having a pig's head stitched onto his own. (Which that idea is kind of reused for his Junkenstein's Monster skin.) Some of the early concept art for Junkrat & Roadhog look pretty disturbing.

Top Bottom