• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

Shouta

Ana Grenade is the only thing that definitely needs to be given the nerf bat at the moment. Everything else is kind of up in the air and how they land depends on the responses to the grenade nerf. I'd nerf the bonus healing to 50% for sure. I'd also maybe reduce the duration of the healing buff and debuff to 3 seconds, assuming I'm remembering right and 5 seconds is the length for both. Much less effective but still usable depending on situation.

I'd keep D'va's HP but remove or reduce her movement while shooting buff. Her headshot hurtbox and hurtbox in general is freaking massive and she has no mobility while shooting her guns. So keeping the HP makes sense if she's supposed to be a tank.

I think S76 is in a good spot right now. If anything, the folks around him should be buffed, if necessary, rather than giving him a nerf.

Roadhog...I'm kinda OK with him right now because his hook is the only thing kind of making up for his general deficiencies. If he had to be changed. I'd drop the hook cooldown to 8 seconds and tighten his Secondary Fire spread just a little bit. He wouldn't be able to hook people as much bit in exchange, he'd be able to deal a little more consistent damage at mid-range.

Shouta

dva will always have the issue of her critbox being right in the centre of her body though... i think the health helps mitigate some of that.

Right, I feel like the health is more vital to her than the speed while shooting. If she needs to chase someone, then she can use her boosters to follow and position herself to do so though at the trade-off of losing her escape for 5 seconds.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
That's the risk she takes for having defense matrix, one of the best abilities in the game.

Like remember, one of her hard counters was zarya, and zarya can't crit. People were running DVa before they realised zarya hard counters her. And zarya got nerfed.

ohkay

Roadhog...I'm kinda OK with him right now because his hook is the only thing kind of making up for his general deficiencies. If he had to be changed. I'd drop the hook cooldown to 8 seconds and tighten his Secondary Fire spread just a little bit. He wouldn't be able to hook people as much bit in exchange, he'd be able to deal a little more consistent damage at mid-range.
Considering he can one shot squishies with M2 if he's spaced properly, this would make that aim more forgiving (which I don't think should happen at all)

Kito

My biggest issue with 76 is how m1 + helix rocket can vaporise you. No time to react. It's like being headshot by Widow.

Nerf the damage and/or cooldown of helix rocket.

LowParry

My biggest issue with 76 is how m1 + helix rocket can vaporise you. No time to react. It's like being headshot by Widow.

Nerf the damage and/or cooldown of helix rocket.

No. They should up dps on other offensive characters.

And Roadhog is love. Roadhog is life.

Shouta

Considering he can one shot squishies with M2 if he's spaced properly, this would make that aim more forgiving (which I don't think should happen at all)

If he's spaced properly is the key thing here. It's a strict spacing where if you're too close you or two far, you barely get any damage. It happens but it's not like it's going to happen enough that it increases his effectiveness at that range for him to be a threat. His threat at that range his is hook, not secondary fire. It's icing that he can do that.

If his hook got nerfed without something in return, I'm almost certain everyone will complain about him being ineffective and just there feeding the other team ult. I mean it kinda already happens now but at least he can pull his weight (pun intended) and pick folks off.

Roadhog does one thing well and that's it. He has almost no utility, zero mobility, and enters battle with a giant target on his back. He's fantastic at ambushes, but any kind of sustained firefight has him either healing or reloading halfway through it. His power comes with a price.

So, Roadhog is fine. Fixing the wallhooks would be nice, but I figure that's latency as much as anything.

ISOM

If Zarya got nerfed so will Roadhog. Dude is a walking tank sniper who can disrupt the enemy team every 6 secs. He will get nerfed eventually.

AbaFadi

Banned
The annoying thing about roadhog is hooking through walls. That and the fact people don't like to focus him down during team fights. I'm surprised he's just now getting attention. He's been annoying since day 1. I feel like if you nerf him though he becomes useless, though that would depend on what kind of nerf they would give him.

ISOM

The annoying thing about roadhog is hooking through walls. That and the fact people don't like to focus him down during team fights. I'm surprised he's just now getting attention. He's been annoying since day 1. I feel like if you nerf him though he becomes useless, though that would depend on what kind of nerf they would give him.

Tbqh, I don't care if he become useless for awhile. He's had his time in the sun. But either way the recommendations I've had for Roadhog nerfs wouldn't make him useless at least I don't think.

Antiwhippy

Having more cooldown on hook makes sense in a meta with less ult use. If individual picks are prized higher than there should be more risks with it.

Great roadhogs hit their hooks anyway.

You won't hear me say that Ana isn't really fucking good. But why only B tier? If she is so essential and her only counter is herself, why is she not around 30-50% of the time? I'm legitimately asking, what kind of comps have pros been successful with without Ana?

Her healing is so good, Lucio's is so bad, yet one sits alone in S-tier.

BigDug13

You won't hear me say that Ana isn't really fucking good. But why only B tier? If she is so essential and her only counter is herself, why is she not around 30-50% of the time? I'm legitimately asking, what kind of comps have pros been successful with without Ana?

Her healing is so good, Lucio's is so bad, yet one sits alone in S-tier.

Lucio isn't S tier for his healing. If one team has speed and another doesn't, the team without speed is at a huge disadvantage. That means each and every team basically MUST have speed which means they MUST have a Lucio, which makes him S tier.

It's not the healing song people want.

Ana Lucio can be replaced kinda by Mercy Lucio or Zen Lucio. But you will hardly ever see Ana Mercy or Mercy Zen or Ana Zen. Lucio is basically required in every team comp because Blizzard made speed a necessity.

duckroll

Okay the Xmas event is coming up, I really can't hold off getting back it the game even if it's just a couple of matches every night. Any pointers I need if I haven't played for about a month?

Anne

If he's spaced properly is the key thing here. It's a strict spacing where if you're too close you or two far, you barely get any damage. It happens but it's not like it's going to happen enough that it increases his effectiveness at that range for him to be a threat. His threat at that range his is hook, not secondary fire. It's icing that he can do that.

This isn't true at higher level and pro play :< people have gotten really good at it.

Magwik

Banned
Today I spent 6+ hours climbing from 2000 to 2400.
Astounding how the closer to Plat you get the more others talk in chat.

Okay the Xmas event is coming up, I really can't hold off getting back it the game even if it's just a couple of matches every night. Any pointers I need if I haven't played for about a month?
Three things:
  • If there's a Mercy and Soldier on the enemy team, you better be ready to counter his ult. With his gun damage buff, he's Super Soldier now.
  • D.va after patch.
  • Sombra is difficult to master, so get your practice in now. She hits hard, but is hella fragile. You need to be very clever and accurate to use her effectively.

You're caught up, I think.

Good luck!

Greddleok

Today I spent 6+ hours climbing from 2000 to 2400.
Astounding how the closer to Plat you get the more others talk in chat.

No, that's just confirmation bias. I've only been in plat this season and there is zero chatter. Half the problem is that you get 2-4 players in their own party chat.

Moonkid

No, that's just confirmation bias. I've only been in plat this season and there is zero chatter. Half the problem is that you get 2-4 players in their own party chat.
Also plat here, ironically I've found that more often than not when people do switch to team chat they're useless at communicating and basically think out loud, complaining about teammates and what not.

that second image looks super global agenday
class.jpg

what game is this?

Trickster

I think S76 is in a good spot right now. If anything, the folks around him should be buffed, if necessary, rather than giving him a nerf.

I'm only a platinum scrub. But I have a hard time seeing S76 as being in a good spot. He just seems ridiculously good to me. His overall package of dmg, mobility and sustainability just makes him such a strong hero. His ult alone makes him feel too strong imo, litterally everytime i hear his ult activate, I pray it's our and not the enemy teams, because in general, everytime his ult gets activated, it means that side is about to win the teamfight.

I'd definitely rather see nerfs to S76, than buffs to everyone else also. Game would feel like some brawl gametype if everyone was buffed to such an extend.

Eh, there's a bit of chatter sometimes, but it's rarely something you can use for anything. Regardless, any chatter that does occur is heavily outweighed by the usual suspects who think they're hot shit with the quartet of heroes that people are rarely actually good with.

Magwik

Banned
Honestly Soldier is in a pretty damn good spot right now. If for whatever reason they change anything with him it should be his damage fall off or even a small nerf to his self heal station.

Antiwhippy

I mean talks about s76 and Dva are besides the point really. Priority 1 is still ana. She's the one making ridiculous stuff like 4 tanks actually viable, as can be seen in the winter premier, and I really don't think keeping her the way she is will be long term healthy for the game. It's slightly unhealthy now.

I would actually like to see how DVa fares if she can't get the same sustain as she can get from ana currently. Because really, it's ana's sustain that makes her large bulk extra ridiculous.

Anne

I still dunno how to nerf Ana. Her entire kit is just bizarre in how much stronger it is than the rest of the cast.

Antiwhippy

Biotic grenade first. It just does so much for a basic skill. Like, ridiculously a lot. I'd actually like to keep anti-heal. Because I kinda feel we need that in this game, and is actually one of the ways to shut down the tank meta. Reduce the amount of heal buff or get rid of it altogether.

Keep anti-heal and reduce the amount of healing possible and tanks suddenly decrease in usage I feel.

Magwik

Banned
I mean talks about s76 and Dva are besides the point really. Priority 1 is still ana. She's the one making ridiculous stuff like 4 tanks actually viable, as can be seen in the winter premier, and I really don't think keeping her the way she is will be long term healthy for the game. It's slightly unhealthy now.

I would actually like to see how DVa fares if she can't get the same sustain as she can get from ana currently. Because really, it's ana's sustain that makes her large bulk extra ridiculous.
Yeah I don't really know how Ana could be handled, because the large amount of tanks is certainly getting insane. I don't even want to imagine what will happen if the next character is a tank. Roadhog and Ana are probably the prime candidates for nerfs (and I single out Hog because he is most used as a DPS replacement as is).

Edit: Making the grenade only anti heal would be a fantastic start.

Antiwhippy

Look, I pretty much only played ana this season, I still want her to be viable, I still love playing her, I just don't want her to harm this game that I love.

There was a point tonight at which Anne and I were fighting a Rein who had just been rezzed. She was Genji, I was rein. We both wailed on him and brought him to 50 hp, then Ana and Mercy came in and they threw a grenade on him and both pocketed him back to 500 hp in literally a second as we were both putting damage on him. And when we turned to face the healers, I was slept and charged while Anne was shot and hit by a hammer.

That shit ain't right.

Anne

Since it was never posted Flame's patch list is a thing that people talked about. He's a popular analyst for the game:

http://pastebin.com/1FssMp7s

Disagree with Ana sleep, the rest is okay. Better solutions exist, she especially needs healing nerfs.

I think the RH nerf isn't enough, need that hook CD nerf

I love the idea of the Mercy change. Still think she'll need an E eventually.

Hate the ult charge changes, think they are okay as is. The idea of making it so Mei freeze and things like that don't count as payload stall I'd be okay with too.

There was a point tonight at which Anne and I were fighting a Rein who had just been rezzed. She was Genji, I was rein. We both wailed on him and brought him to 50 hp, then Ana and Mercy came in and they threw a grenade on him and both pocketed him back to 500 hp in literally a second as we were both putting damage on him.

That shit ain't right.

To put this into perspective he was rezzed into Ana nade immediately so we tried to burst him. Failed the burst and he just held 500HP. Tbf we could've gone in on the Ana or Mercy instead but I feel like getting hit by 300+ burst and a follow up should do it. I'm more annoyed by those moments where I'm on Solider dealing literally 0 damage to something that just has Ana + nade on it.

Magwik

Banned
Look, I pretty much only played ana this season, I still want her to be viable, I still love playing her, I just don't want her to harm this game that I love.
I played a lot of Ana this season as well. She is great. But she also enables stagnating comps like triple tank. I can't even remember the last time I saw someone touch Tracer or Torb or even Genji. Hell, Sombra doesn't get used either. There are a good amount of heroes who just can't make up for not rocking triple tank.

Antiwhippy

Also even without the heal buff I feel like antiheal is still one of the strongest status effects in the game. Half the time you don't get the heal buff anyway because ana vs ana you can't heal because they'll just anti-heal the opposite team.

I'm okay with the burst heal though. Maybe reduce it to something like 60-70 but the burst heal is not why it's OP.

Trickster

While I'm here please put me on team "dear god I want a scoreboard please give it to me."

I get why they would want to hide that information. However for competitive I really feel like we need that data. I want/need to know if the guys picking widowmaker are actually doing well with the hero, or being utterly useless. Because right now it's very hard to tell someone that they should change what they are doing even if they pick something that's outside of the norm.

Magwik

Banned
A scoreboard in competitive is a really poor idea. It will only be used to grief other players and adds nothing to the game.

Top Bottom