• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT6.99999997311%| Game of the Year

BigDug13

Like a shield or regenerative armour that is there, so long as the song is playing?

I wasn't thinking of anything visual like adding yellow or blue bars of health to a character, was thinking more like simply percentage less damage taken. Just spit balling. He would need a second song that is worthy of playing. Maybe offensive fits better since heal song is already a defensive aura of sorts. But like I said, if it's too strong and he's the only character that can provide it, he would once again be a must pick.

Essentially since Lucio has two songs and only one of those songs is repeatable by other support characters (healing), giving him a second song that nobody else can do makes him a strong pick and with speed, he's a MUST pick.

The ridiculous thing about further nerfs to his healing is that it makes it MORE likely that he will play speed song exclusively. If he is no longer an effective healer, he has no reason to run that song except as self preservation.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Though honestly, I feel like once people figure out sombra people might not see lucio as a must use anymore. She counters him ridiculously hard.

Yes, teammate. Please run into the middle of Ecopoint and die for no good reason. Then choose a second healer last minute and be totally useless. Then please, blame me for why we lost.

EDIT: Next match. Oh, please play Sombra and do shit-all. Thank you so much.

xviper

i have met a Genji player who can Dash multiple times in a row without the cooldown, on PS4

is that a hacker or there is a way to do a Dash combo ?

^if you get a kill with the slash it resets the cooldown

After seeing some folks say yesterday I think that Sombra's gun seemed too potent considering the rest of her kit I wasn't too sure but today I've certainly had enough run ins with her to see that point.
I feel like her clip is too big for a gun that can output that amount of damage, it's like you can miss half the shots and still maul lower health characters in that one clip.

In other news I finally earned the one PotG scene I'd yet to today, thanks to mystery heroes I jammed myself out a Widowmaker PotG, at last that swinging into action scene I unlocked has had its one moment in the sun, never before and probably never again.
Also I still don't get why the cooldowns from her abilities are so long, it felt especially odd going from her to Ana via mystery roulette and seeing the ever so handy dart and 'nade coming back a lot quicker.

So the meta in 3v3 is really stale. But I don't want them to ban or balance around the mode. I think they need to do a draft, or force changes after each round, or something. Something to mix it up.

Edit: maybe something as simple as "the losing team gets to ban one hero for the other team each round."

cyborg009

Banned
So the meta in 3v3 is really stale. But I don't want them to ban or balance around the mode. I think they need to do a draft, or force changes after each round, or something. Something to mix it up.

Edit: maybe something as simple as "the losing team gets to ban one hero for the other team each round."

Sounds good. Maybe you can only play a certain character once?

rulerk1

is it petty for me to autolock Sombra's and Bastion's in SQ comp just keep others from using it? I switch at like the last second or if I'm told to. The Sombra's I see on PS4 comp are just horrible both on my team and the other.

scotcheggz

Hey guys, I've been sniffing around this for a while and My friend finally decided he'd be up for playing with me. Does anyone who usually suffers motion sickness have any experience with this game? Motion sickness seems like something I've grown into, several FPS in recent years have made me nauseous and I don't really want to drop 30 quid or whatever on a game I can't play. I know I can't get definitive answers since everyone's different but anyone had or have had any issues with this game? Playing on PC if it matters. Cheers!

Gorillaz

I wonder if the best team comp now is Soldier, Sombra, Dva, Zarya, Zenyatta/Ana, Lucio.

All the ults there just synergise so well and these heroes just seem insanely powerful at the moment.

It's well balanced but there is no real "normal"threat other then this rebirth of soldier in the latest patch

in a long term match yea but if someone fires off with a good ass junkrat off the bat it will be a problem regrouping strats

caesar

Banned
Oversumo must be inaccurate as hell, just had a horrible night of games and went 2-9 (1-5) with cree and it says I performed at gm level lul.

Screenshot_2016_11_19_17_39_15.png

I know everyone knows this by now but comp in the early hours is hell. Symm mains, people who have no idea how to play Sombra, insta tilting teams. "If you dont switch I will go afk" etc. I should have stopped playing but oh well shouldn't be too hard to get back.

Though honestly, I feel like once people figure out sombra people might not see lucio as a must use anymore. She counters him ridiculously hard.

I think she will have a place in the new meta, all her tools are great, I especially like the ability to see critical health enemies. But I'm still undecided as to whether she'd replace Lucio or not. Lucio's speed boost is so damn good, and his healing may not be the greatest but it's still great considering you don't actively have to do anything. That said I've already had a couple of comp matches where whilst the enemy Sombra didn't do a ton, they still used there ult well and cancelled out Lucio ults' preventing team pushes. They also hacked important health packs essentially serving as a healer. Guess it'll come down to just how much the speed boost is needed.

Prelude.

Oversumo must be inaccurate as hell, just had a horrible night of games and went 2-9 (1-5) with cree and it says I performed at gm level lul.

I know everyone knows this by now but comp in the early hours is hell. Symm mains, people who have no idea how to play Sombra, insta tilting teams. "If you dont switch I will go afk" etc. I should have stopped playing but oh well shouldn't be too hard to get back.
Come later and get carried, boi.

Skii

Your McCree is really good though.It's probably master level. I definitely wouldn't play late night during the weekend. Everyone is probably drunk/high at that time lol.

caesar

Banned
Your McCree is really good though.It's probably master level. I definitely wouldn't play late night during the weekend. Everyone is probably drunk/high at that time lol.

Thanks, it does depend on having a reinhardt and decent healing a lot of the time.

There's only a few days left of S2, I'm sweating here.

How good is your Soldier, btw? It'd be nice to exploit his damage with a discord.

My soldier is okay but I haven't played him much, his spread was too horrible.

AngryMoth

Anyone on ps4 wanna group? I'm trying to get to diamond before the end of the season but have been going in the opposite direction thanks to a ridiculous streak of being put on teams where nobody wants to play support. My last 2 games have literally begun with the other 5 players picking dps

Anyone on ps4 wanna group? I'm trying to get to diamond before the end of the season but have been going in the opposite direction thanks to a ridiculous streak of being put on teams where nobody wants to play support. My last 2 games have literally begun with the other 5 players picking dps
I'll be on in about an hour or so, I'm in the 2300 range though...

Shouta

Does anyone know if your speed moving backwards is slower than your movement going forwards?

I've never actually put any thought into where or not there were any slight differences between the two.

Skii

Does anyone know if your speed moving backwards is slower than your movement going forwards?

I've never actually put any thought into where or not there were any slight differences between the two.

It is faster moving forwards than backwards.

I've been doing really well with D.VA lately and wanted to buy a highlight intro but I think I like her default finger gun one the best...

Shouta

It is faster moving forwards than backwards.

Makes sense.

I was just thinking what kind of small thing Reinhardt could use right now that would help him a little. It occurred to me that after the nerf to Nanoboost, Reinhardt can't chase folks down when they're running away from him despite the fact they're running backwards while doing it. That's just silly.

Since he doesn't need a change on defense, I think giving him just a little more speed would be nice. Not very much more, but just enough so that he can close the distance on someone backpedaling on him over a certain distance. It's really annoying that he can't even slowly chase someone that's backpedaling.

Most might hate this idea though, lol

Facism

it's a shame the discount this weekend is just for the origins edition. I've got no interest in all the extra window dressing. Would have bought the standard edition with a similar discount.

it's a shame the discount this weekend is just for the origins edition. I've got no interest in all the extra window dressing. Would have bought the standard edition with a similar discount.

For consoles you can only buy the Origin edition for some dumb reason.

Is there no way to do the "[char] wants to attack the objective!" chat thing on PS4? Seems like a weird omission, I'd think stuff like that would be even more important to have on console.

KarmaCow

Is there no way to do the "[char] wants to attack the objective!" chat thing on PS4? Seems like a weird omission, I'd think stuff like that would be even more important to have on console.

At least on PC, the acknowledge option is context sensitive. If you do it while looking at the object, it will broadcast that message instead of the understood line.

KiKaL

Anyone ever have an issue where it just steams like your latency just steadily increases until you eventually disconnect? I started playing this game this morning and everything seemed fine but then this started happening a few hours ago and still continues on.

Edit - I think I just figured out out. I turned off limit FPS earlier and just turned it on and my ping immediately went down.

Dreavus

Makes sense.

I was just thinking what kind of small thing Reinhardt could use right now that would help him a little. It occurred to me that after the nerf to Nanoboost, Reinhardt can't chase folks down when they're running away from him despite the fact they're running backwards while doing it. That's just silly.

Since he doesn't need a change on defense, I think giving him just a little more speed would be nice. Not very much more, but just enough so that he can close the distance on someone backpedaling on him over a certain distance. It's really annoying that he can't even slowly chase someone that's backpedaling.

Most might hate this idea though, lol

Doesn't everyone move the same speed except tracer? It would be weird to have Reinhardt be the only other exception.

Plus although you can't gain on people, if you do get into range, they can't get away from you. And if people are focused on running away you might be able to land a charge!

Doesn't everyone move the same speed except tracer? It would be weird to have Reinhardt be the only other exception.

Plus although you can't gain on people, if you do get into range, they can't get away from you. And if people are focused on running away you might be able to land a charge!

Genji also moves faster than the default speed

but yeah Rein with a permanent speed boost would be a nightmare

I skipped out on playing competitive this season as playing with randoms was.....frustrating. I got taken into a few competitive matches with friends and their random friends here and there and we lost :/

I decided to give solo competitive another shot but since I'm a little over 2300 at this point I can't say I'm getting the most cooperative and spatially aware teams.

Anyone on Ps4 down to add me and play sometime please do, I'm not terrible 😂

PSN: InciteSyne

Just mention you're from gaf

So apparently you can get a healing medal as Sombra? I guess hacked health packs count towards healing? Although I had a fairly low number so is it only when you heal yourself with hacked packs?

People have been saying that Sombra hard counters Lucio but I'm not seeing it.

I know her ult makes his ult worthless, but beyond that I cant think of anything she can really do to him. He doesn't stop healing once he's hacked, he just can't switch or amp it up right?

Top Bottom